Author Topic: DONE!  (Read 81056 times)

Offline WNovizar

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: sorry genuine buyers
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 23:34:55 »
Not taking paypal anymore. Sorry, but the troublesome 99% have made it so difficult for the 1% small genuine buyers who just want to buy 1 set of keycaps from me, don’t demand lots of freebies, and are comfortable with sea mail. For years I have accepted paypal as a convenient means of transferring small sums of money, but now it is just plain too risky.

I have gotten at least 100 PMs for free things over the weekend, and it is extremely high risk for a seller. I have no margin of error. Everything people pay me is going to shipping, and paypal has warned me not to withdraw my money until everything reaches you guys. You guys are not even paying for the boxes and the bubble wrap.

Most kids don't understand what a buckling spring keyboard is. Or they ask, is SKCC Alps a brand name? Or is Model F compatible with Windows OS? I have no time to talk to them and figure out if they are genuine. I have no time to educate buyers. I also noticed from their questions about shipping that no one has bothered to read my shipping post, so most people are going to be unhappy with how long sea mail takes. One mistake, and I wind up sending people stuff they don't want leading to paypal complaint.

In the past I used to remember PM inquiries as ‘the California guy’. ‘That Greek’. But now due to sheer volume of PMs my mnemonic system has broken down. I have never had more than 1 Indonesian counterparty at any time in my life, but now am talking to several Indonesians at the same time and having difficulty remembering who is who. If this goes on, I’ll be double selling, misquoting shipping, mispack your stuff, etc. I must cut down on the volume of potential buyers because I cannot remember everyone.

I am already losing a lot of money just giving away things that I no longer want to keep. I CANNOT AFFORD TO TAKE PAYPAL ON FREEBIES BECAUSE IF YOU ARE LESS THAN 100% SATISFIED, I CANNOT DO PARTIAL REFUND. EVERYTHING YOU PAY IS ALREADY GOING TO SHIPPING.

No more paypal. End of story. I want peace of mind. If you're not an adult who knows what you want and is willing to wait 2 months to get a vintage keyboard that may need modding, I'm not comfortable with taking your paypal money, paying in cash for shipping, only to get slapped with a complaint and my funds frozen again when your free keyboard doesn't show up by 2nd day shipping.

ps even if you are willing to pay by moneygram or bank transfer as I prefer, doesn't mean you can just come in and ask to buy $15 of keycaps and get 9 keyboards for free. Yes, there are people who send me requests like that. I'm going to start blocking PMs.

I hope you still remember this humble Indonesian  :confused: ;D
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Re: Keyboards CHEAP or FREE! Project kits! 6 Days left!
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 23:55:22 »
you, easy to remember.

you bought my only working SSK.  :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 01:16:31 »
you, easy to remember.

you bought my only working SSK.  :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

:)) :)) :)) :))

I was thinking to buy one of your Model F 4704 50 Key, But I only want to pay with paypal this time, as 50USD with bank transfer fee 30USD is a big no-no, so what do you think?

Offline ikeadragon

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 06:42:19 »
Hiya!

Singaporean here, sent you a PM for some boards as well~

Offline berserkfan

Re: Keyboards CHEAP or FREE! Project kits! 5 Days left!
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 14:19:10 »
Very tired, so bumping up thread along with note. Will edit thread later because I can’t think clearly anymore.

All PENDING or PAID
All Tai Hao keycaps
Green Mint PBT keycaps
All Filco keycaps
Filco MJ2 kit
Filco MJ1 kit
Deck keyboard kit
Cherry WOB Doubleshot 1 premium bag, 1 grab bag
Cyan on White Thick PBT
Raindrop free keycaps
Stock Model F-122
10 Relegendables for Model F
Model M-2 trackball
Both free headphones
Corsair k95
Filco Purple Theme
KBT Race 75%
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 15:35:14 »
Very tired, so bumping up thread along with note. Will edit thread later because I can’t think clearly anymore.

All PENDING or PAID
All Tai Hao keycaps
Green Mint PBT keycaps
All Filco keycaps
Filco MJ2 kit
Filco MJ1 kit
Deck keyboard kit
Cherry WOB Doubleshot 1 premium bag, 1 grab bag
Cyan on White Thick PBT
Raindrop free keycaps
Stock Model F-122
10 Relegendables for Model F
Model M-2 trackball
Both free headphones
Corsair k95
Filco Purple Theme
KBT Race 75%

Hey, man. I sent you messages for some possible additional buy from me. Hopefully you read them hehehe

Offline Tyr

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 17:39:42 »
Sounds like an absolute nightmare. I can't even imagine handling a sale this big, shipping all over the world. Hang in there  :thumb:

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 21:56:15 »

I vowed never to do a GB, but now I wind up doing something that resembles a GB. Sigh.

Offline Scarpia

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 03:10:23 »
I'll add that the following have also been paid. The original post have some of these marked as sold, some of them as pending, and some of them not marked at all, but these are sold:

Model F XT teensied, no other mods
Model F 50 keys teensied
Model F bigfoot stock
KBC PokerX, SIP modded
KBT Pure, unlubed 78g clears, blue theme case+cable
Thick PBT colored grab bag, 80 pieces
2 x Teensy 2.0 no pins

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 11:01:23 »
Following Scarpia's example, the following:

SP DCS random blanks, grab bags of over 250 each OK
Wristrest? $5
Set of 40 1u keycaps  $10 Available

KBT Race 75%, SIP modded, 2.2v colorful LEDs, $50
C03. Filco MJ2 TKL Purple Theme, lubed 72g clears, SIP mod, switch moddable plate, detachable USB cable mod, $100

Tai Haos, 1 of each colour that I have in the photo- $8x5
Filco MJ2 kit, $60
Every colour of LED, $20
Filco MJ1 TKL $30
Deck keyboard kit $20
Deck is 105 switches. so that's 0.3x105 =$31.5

These items have also been claimed and paid for by me :)

Prospective buyers, Just spend a bit of time to layout and format exactly what yuo want, be prompt at responding and you'll be taken well care of! Be reasonable for free stuff - it's nice to have some free stuff but be prepared to pay for shipping at the least! Shipping is expensive so I'm fortunate enough to have family to carry it out from Singapore for me when they'll visit later in the year  :thumb: :thumb:

Overall, OP is good. Be patient and snap up these deals while you guys can!
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 April 2016, 11:03:12 by Skysophrenic »

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 11:12:22 »
temporarily locking thread.

shipping is tomorrow for maybe half the buyers

no time to confirm payment of deals made this week. these are unlikely to be shipped.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 April 2016, 11:19:53 by berserkfan »

Offline berserkfan

Re: Keyboards and Projects closeout! 4 Days left!
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 10:14:57 »
unlocking after my family started packing orders, some have shipped but not enough. 3 cubic meters remain in my house.

please don't change orders

thread tidied and bump up

Offline berserkfan

Re: Keyboards and Projects closeout! 3 Days left!
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 12:46:29 »
3 days left!

All big items must go!

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 07:27:14 »
A lurking RootWyrm has snapped up two of those beautiful Ducky boards (C06 and J01) and sent payment. :D

Like anyone should be surprised I'm chasing the stiff boards. ;)
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 09:09:08 »
chasing the stiff boards.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 10:55:07 »
I don't think my Duckies will live very long when under attack by a rootwyrm... someone who can kill a Model M in just 5 years should finish off these Duckies in under 2. Oh well, money is money, can't refuse. White Duck and Green Duck are two dead ducks.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 11:03:09 »
I don't think my Duckies will live very long when under attack by a rootwyrm... someone who can kill a Model M in just 5 years should finish off these Duckies in under 2. Oh well, money is money, can't refuse. White Duck and Green Duck are two dead ducks.

Pfft, just make sure you're selling parts that'll let me rebuild the jailhouse greens in two years. Then you can't refuse more money! :D (Seriously though, Ducky boards have held up pretty well. And how could nobody else want that amazingly beautiful Ice shine first? Does nobody have a kid that likes Elsa?!)
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline berserkfan

Re: Keyboards and Projects closeout! 2 Days left!
« Reply #117 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 11:07:30 »
2 days left! bump

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 11:10:41 »

Pfft, just make sure you're selling parts that'll let me rebuild the jailhouse greens in two years. Then you can't refuse more money! :D (Seriously though, Ducky boards have held up pretty well. And how could nobody else want that amazingly beautiful Ice shine first? Does nobody have a kid that likes Elsa?!)

D-D-Do.... Do you wanna build a snowman?

Offline berserkfan

Re: Last DAY for huge keyboards sales cum giveaway!
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 11:26:44 »
Bump, and here's a reply to an interested guy re: Grass Valley Board

Sorry for the delay, I have been at work all day.

Were you the one asking for the Grass Valley casing or the keycaps?

Problem is, in the past 3 days, I got messages from different people for this Grass Valley keyboard and unfortunately I rejected them all out of hand.

Actually 1 guy wants only the casing.
1 guy only wants the keycaps
1 guy wants only the vintage Cherry MX blacks.

that's a potentially good fit when taken in totality. I can supply 3 people and earn their gratitude 3x.

I know nocturnalowl is the guy who wants the MX blacks. He will have the PCB.

But who wants the keycaps, and who wants the casing? I haven't got time to plow through a couple hundred PMs to read everything again...

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 20:15:11 »
I’m under pressure because wife is actually very angry at a lot of things to do with my keyboard hobby.

Ranging from, nasty dremeling sounds of metal on metal.

To drilling sounds.

To paint fumes.

To soldering fumes.

To wasted time when I could be doing home repairs and other things befitting a grown man.

I broke many promises 'this is my last keyboard, no more drilling'. She hates my modded boards more than the cockroaches in the house.

And now I have asked wife and relatives to pack for me when I’m at work, since I have long hours during the weekends/holidays when I get more work.

Packing is not a pleasant job at all with so many orders, changed orders, customized orders, things that must be found and retrieved from many separate boxes, etc. The kids think it is great fun, but the adults are very mad at me for my folly.

My domestic life is teethering on a thread.

When I promise to get rid of Big Things, I must get rid of Big Things.

Whatever doesn’t make it to the post office by close of office hours on May 3, might be hosted in a relative’s place until we have time to write customs forms and go to the post office. NOT IN MY HOUSE.

ONE BOX is all I get to keep.

Many old Geekhackers have the same problem. Fohat and Henz both tell me their wives are giving them hell with regards to old keyboards.

Ps just because I say I get to keep one box and can sell small stuffs next month, doesn’t mean I am going to entertain the kind of orders I used to process in the past when someone can just ask for 1 jailhoused switch and I would send it to him FOC. Not going to rummage through my one huge box to pull out one switch.

Also if no one has noticed, I am taking paypal now. Just going to delete PMs from kids who don’t sound as though they know what they want.  It is amazing that after weeks of me ranting online about troublesome buyers, there are still people who PM me laundry lists, essays, question bombardments, stream-of-consciousness musings about what they might want if only they had the money, etc.

Hello, if you have no money to even pay shipping, musing about what you might want doesn’t get you something just like that! I don’t do that for my kids, why should I do it for you? I am fed up with talking with someone who wants x, y, z free, I help him plan out a 5kg box, and when I say ok that’s $62 shipping to USA, you feign to be shocked that you have to pay shipping.

I’m blue and my house is now like a rubbish bin. I’m Gutz the Grouch, NOT SANTA CLAUS!

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #121 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 04:44:47 »
god damn it, looks like you've been having a hard time because of your hobby.
really want to wish ya a good luck on that. i hope you're not getting scolded by your wife again  :blank:

Ps just because I say I get to keep one box and can sell small stuffs next month, doesn’t mean I am going to entertain the kind of orders I used to process in the past when someone can just ask for 1 jailhoused switch and I would send it to him FOC. Not going to rummage through my one huge box to pull out one switch.

and i really hoping that you're going to keep that yellow bumblebee SP, ducky engraved PBT and those clear stems and brown switches... that's few of those things that i'm going to buy from you later  :))

« Last Edit: Sun, 01 May 2016, 04:46:20 by Dymloslouire »
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 03:53:18 »
ok, locked. final payments are pending. fohat.digs, the man who set me off on the path of Model F modding, will get to make his selections from everything that was not paid for or claimed.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: DONE!
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 11:15:17 »
I've unlocked this post.  If you have people receiving the wrong item or nothing at all yet, despite attempts to contact you, you are not "done".

The mod team can't do much here to help, but at the very least we can ensure that people have a place to post publicly regarding the sale.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 11:40:08 »
Hi all, those of you guys who are waiting on shipment, or received an item, would you guys like to come out and list out what was bought?

I have been talking to one other, user: ikeadragon.

She is also local in singapore so I figure that it'd be worthwhile to see if it was a simple mistake in wrong shipping.

What we've found out is that we've been double sold an item, the KBT Race 75%, SIP modded, 2.2v colorful LEDs, $50.

I also find it odd how OP has locked the thread and deleted the imgur links. (If you guys copied and pasted the items from his catalogue in pms, I encourage you to go check it out.)

I have also sent out a PM on saturday to him, as well as another one today. It is certain and known that he has at least been online the as of 9th of May.

Here's the thing - the both of us has definitely gotten items. It could still be the wrong thing. I want to know what everyone else bought so that if indeed everything is shipped out, we can see where it should be going to, and where it ended up. It will also help to see proof (via pm's, or posts, or pictures of items/mailing labels.) We can consolidate what has been sold, what has been double sold, and who (hopefully nobody) might have just been taken for a ride.

I am more than happy to possibly understand that this is all a mistake, for stress, work, and other circumstances. However it should still be OP who takes and makes every effort to ensure things are being conducted fairly and properly. While I myself may have been thrown under a bus by paying with moneygram, I want to reach out to everyone else to hope that you guys can resolve your issues. At this point for me, money isn't my primary concern. It is a lot, almost 400 after moneygram fees, but the integrity of an individual who was upheld by the community. Those of us who bought from him played by his rules with shipping and payment methods, worked with him and empathized with the situation he had at home, and did so because of his activity and reputation on the boards.

I'll glady start: I ordered

SP DCS random blanks, grab bags of over 250 each Free
Wristrest $5
Set of 40 1u keycaps  $10

C03. Filco MJ2 TKL Purple Theme, lubed 72g clears, SIP mod, switch moddable plate, detachable USB cable mod, $100

Tai Haos, 5 sets $40
Filco MJ2 kit, $60
Every colour of LED, $20
Filco MJ1 TKL $30
Deck keyboard kit $20
Deck is 105 switches. $31.5

What I received: http://imgur.com/a/aoGuO

A bunch of ortholinear stuff, a teensy, Filco Manila, keycaps and modifiers.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 May 2016, 11:45:50 by Skysophrenic »

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 11:48:56 »
I'll list mine since there is no harm in posting what I paid for. I still think he will pull through.

I picked up both of his Cherry RC128BM's and some mx green switches.

Got a bag of random SA caps. Mostly grey, white and black.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 May 2016, 11:53:46 by Flood »

Offline iss

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 11:50:17 »
WEY HK-2000 black on white doubleshots by GMK $65 0.15 kg
F09. Model M-122 bolt modded, teensy modded, ANSI mod, backplate painted, red paint. $20 2.5 kg
P05. Cooler Master QFR TKL cover .1 kg

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 11:51:45 »
Hi all, those of you guys who are waiting on shipment, or received an item, would you guys like to come out and list out what was bought?

She is also local in singapore so I figure that it'd be worthwhile to see if it was a simple mistake in wrong shipping.

What we've found out is that we've been double sold an item, the KBT Race 75%, SIP modded, 2.2v colorful LEDs, $50.

I also find it odd how OP has locked the thread and deleted the imgur links. (If you guys copied and pasted the items from his catalogue in pms, I encourage you to go check it out.)

I have also sent out a PM on saturday to him, as well as another one today. It is certain and known that he has at least been online the as of 9th of May.

Here's the thing - the both of us has definitely gotten items. It could still be the wrong thing. I want to know what everyone else bought so that if indeed everything is shipped out, we can see where it should be going to, and where it ended up. It will also help to see proof (via pm's, or posts, or pictures of items/mailing labels.) We can consolidate what has been sold, what has been double sold, and who (hopefully nobody) might have just been taken for a ride.

I am more than happy to possibly understand that this is all a mistake, for stress, work, and other circumstances. However it should still be OP who takes and makes every effort to ensure things are being conducted fairly and properly. While I myself may have been thrown under a bus by paying with moneygram, I want to reach out to everyone else to hope that you guys can resolve your issues. At this point for me, money isn't my primary concern. It is a lot, almost 400 after moneygram fees, but the integrity of an individual who was upheld by the community. Those of us who bought from him played by his rules with shipping and payment methods, worked with him and empathized with the situation he had at home, and did so because of his activity and reputation on the boards.

Wristrest $5

Tai Haos, 5 sets $40
Filco MJ2 kit, $60
Every colour of LED, $20
Filco MJ1 TKL $30
Deck keyboard kit $20

Since both you and ikeadragon are in local neighborhood from him, why don't you visit him? I mean, all of you are in singapore, right?

Offline Tyr

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 11:55:45 »
With a sale of this size and hectic nature, I'd be surprised if there weren't any mistakes but hopefully not too much. My package is still en route to Antwerp. Let's not lose our heads here and go looking for trouble where there is none.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 12:07:33 »
Folks in the May 3rd shipment batch for the US may already have their packages amongst our amber waves of grain, but this is destination dependent. (Ohio definitely should all be here, but that's probably just me.) Check your Paypal if you didn't get a PM with a tracking number.
Remember, UNITED STATES CUSTOMS CAN TAKE ANYWHERE FROM 2 DAYS TO 4 WEEKS - OR LONGER IF THE INSPECTOR IS BEING A ****. If your package is reported by SingPost as "Arrival at Destination Post" then this means that it has arrived for customs processing. Allow SingPost 2 business days for any updates after arrival in the destination country. (Their words, not mine!)
The SAME TRACKING NUMBER is apparently supposed to go live on USPS tracking when the package has cleared customs. That's your "RC#########SG" number. Which is pretty neat.

Here's the complete list of what I ordered:

C06 - Ducky Shine 3 Ice Theme with SIP Mod
J01 - Ducky Shine 1 Jailhouse Green with SIP and Plate Mods
1 set of blank white PBT keycaps (he said he was out of the DCS so he was going to ship leftovers he was going to let the kids dye. I told him to take his pick of what was left. Not even a little picky on those.)
1x Teensy 2.0++ with pins

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 12:09:49 »

Wristrest $5

Tai Haos, 5 sets $40
Filco MJ2 kit, $60
Every colour of LED, $20
Filco MJ1 TKL $30
Deck keyboard kit $20

Since both you and ikeadragon are in local neighborhood from him, why don't you visit him? I mean, all of you are in singapore, right?

Ikeadragon had it delivered.

I too had it delivered. I have an address in Singapore, but I live in the US, Chicago.

I hope he does pull through. I mean we're all susceptible to mistakes, and we learn from them. He's never done something on this scale before, his family is helping him out which compounds the potential for errors. At the end of the day I'm sure all we want is the stuff we paid for.

My plan going forward is to hope that that everything is all a big misunderstanding. If beserkfan goes dark, we can sort things out as a community.

1. By posting what we ordered and what we got, we can compare and cross check where everything should go.
2. We can start to send the items to the original people that bought them. Of course, this requires your fine measures of integrity and honesty. But if we work together we can certainly manage to get most of the stuff to where it should go. It will cost more money, it will take more time, but at the end of the day solving problems and getting things right is what is important for the community.
3.Work out what is simply missing. Maybe we can pool together something for those who get burned. I don't know.

The more people that come out and open the books, the better our picture of the situation will be.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 12:11:42 »
With a sale of this size and hectic nature, I'd be surprised if there weren't any mistakes but hopefully not too much. My package is still en route to Antwerp. Let's not lose our heads here and go looking for trouble where there is none.

As it is, there is definitely "trouble" for at least two of us who have had things delivered to local addresses. I'm trying to reach out to anybody else that was local in SG - maybe we just have a package roulette to take care of locally. Hopefully it isn't the same situation overseas.

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 12:31:20 »
I ordered a f-122 ansi modded, a f-50 keypad, a plu-87 mx clear tkl, a set of bs keycaps and a reuters g80-9009 board. He also threw in a scroll lock mx doubleshot cap and a few model m screws. My package is still in shipping, but Ill let you know if anything is awry. If anything is wrong im sure that it wasnt intentional!

Offline mind_funeral

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 12:40:15 »
I bought the J.06 Poker X on April 20th using moneygram.  Have not received tracking or confirmation.  He picked up the money from money gram today.  Messaged and still no word back.

Some PMs:
Yes, sorry.  I have never used moneygram before.  I didn't know there was a reference # at first.  Here is the reference # you need: XXXXXXXX.  For shipping, please ship in the poker X box unless you wanna throw some random freebies in there.  Here is my name and address:

OMITTED

Please note that my state is MS for MISSISSIPPI.  (Sometimes confused with California)

Thanks again!

Money sent for the Poker X.  Have a good day.  Looking forward to the new board.

ty. I think I'm supposed to get a code for the Moneygram transfer so that I can collect it? Also you got to give me your name and address!

Yes, if you didn't stress MS, I would have thought Long Beach refers to CA too!

I still have faith that my stuff is shipped though.  Hoping for the best.
Topre Type Heaven

Offline laughatpain

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 13:58:29 »
I paid for a set of premium WoB keys, a teensy 2.0 without pins, bolt modding kit, 150 old switch top and bottoms, and 100 teal LEDs. The total was $100 shipped so i wouldnt be to bummed about the loss of money, but more so that I'd have to source all the items again. Last message from berserk was sending the payment confirmation and nothing since.

Offline WhitePlate

• First Grader of Nobody
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 14:15:24 »
I ordered a zinc keycap set but got the wrong one.  Berserk hasn't responded to my messages since May 4th :(

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 14:53:52 »

I cannot help, but think that I did well when I decided to not get into this buy, sorry fellas.

Offline Tyr

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 14:58:29 »
I cannot help, but think that I did well when I decided to not get into this buy, sorry fellas.

Meh, we'll see. Buying something sight unseen from virtual strangers on the internet is always a gamble. And you know what they say: "Never gamble what you can't afford to lose."

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 17:01:07 »
Chill, guys. With this stuff coming on "a slow boat from (somewhere near) China" it will be weeks before anything is finally settled.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 17:25:47 »
Exactly why I thought to get the word out soon.

Why the warning was originally sounded and why we should act now rather than sooner
More
I consider myself to have been a local sale - the easiest to remedy if things go wrong. But when it is not just myself, I began to reach out to see what's going on.

It's true - the slow boat may take a while to reach you guys, and finally get to see the entire picture, but if we piece together what we have proactively it means that we can take actions for when things finally arrive for everybody.

A big part of me wants to thing it's a mistake. But so far, a number of people have been affected, which makes it seem to not be a coincidence. It could very much have been beserkfan being overloaded with pm's, requests, stress, etc. But that doesn't excuse the lack of communication to many people, nor the apparent growing number of wrong orders reaching the wrong people. 

I was not nor will it ever be my goal of starting a witch hunt - I just want clarity and transparency about what is happening and why things are turning out the way they currently are heading. I cannot nor will not fault beserkfan until we have more evidence or a statement of any kind - innocent until proven otherwise. A misunderstanding until proven malicious.

For now, I want to open the floor for people to be transparent about what was bought so we understand the scale of logistics involved as an attempt to piece the entire puzzle together.

Comments like "I cannot help, but think that I did well when I decided to not get into this buy, sorry fellas." doesn't help diffuse the situation, but rather has the potential to stir up and aggravate a pot. Lets just have ideas, and discussion about:

1. The problem at hand;;
2. How to solve the problem at hand
3. What actions we can take to minimise the loss to everyone involved,

and to do that we can

A. Provide ideas or possibilities for 1 and 2;
B. Come out and tell us what you have bought so that we can provide a mental image of the operations at hand;
C. Tell us what you have received when/if you get something.
D. Any other details, such as tracking numbers, confirmations, any breakdown of communications, etc.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 May 2016, 17:35:36 by Skysophrenic »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 17:52:05 »
Chill, guys. With this stuff coming on "a slow boat from (somewhere near) China" it will be weeks before anything is finally settled.

You are absolutely correct. No need to overreact yet in those cases. I do think that communicating amongst people that *have* already received incorrect items and haven't heard from berserk in a week is fair game though. He should be available to tend to any issues that occur during his sale.

Offline mind_funeral

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 17:58:34 »

You are absolutely correct. No need to overreact yet in those cases. I do think that communicating amongst people that *have* already received incorrect items and haven't heard from berserk in a week is fair game though. He should be available to tend to any issues that occur during his sale.

Not to mention some people received tracking or confirmation of shipment and some didn't.
Topre Type Heaven

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 18:09:40 »

"Never gamble what you can't afford to lose."

Well said.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 18:47:27 »

"Never gamble what you can't afford to lose."

Well said.

I don't think this is a matter of crying about lost money in the form of a gamble - I don't disagree with the essence of the message though. I don't think that the statement is fair, however.

A gamble is a two - way game, and in many ways similar to a sale. In fact, gambling can me made similar not to the prospect of gaining more than you put in, but rather the thrill of the wager. Gambling is very different to what we have in the present case - in a wager, there is clear communication on odds, clear communication about risks involved and the follow up to collect or pay out.

In our case, there is no thrill, no wager, and unclear communication. In fact, up until the point of sale was made, communication was good. What is lacking is the follow up.

I want to be clear that it should not be about the money involved. It is an important factor, surely, but that shouldn't be the primary motivation to expect that things are done right and followed through to the end. It is the very fact that there is no follow up post sales nor the attempt to ensure that items were correctly distributed is the problem here. A scam, or theft, bait and switch, or a dump and run is one thing, however what makes this case unique is that there doesn't seem to be an attempt to do this. Items were indeed sent out - ruling out a scam/theft. Items that beserkfan clearly had, partially ruling out bait and switch. These are symptoms of poor management and communication - neither of which correspond to gambling, regardless of whether we can "afford to lose" or not. Gambling is exclusively mutual in this case. 
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 May 2016, 18:50:05 by Skysophrenic »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 18:52:31 »
I know from experience that selling a large number of relatively valuable items is a tedious and time-consuming process.

Being forced to make a large dump in a brief period of time is a recipe for a panic attack and a disaster.
Not to mention that shipping dozens of odd parcels internationally is a daunting endeavor in itself.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 21:05:03 »
have not received a tracking number or a response since sending him my moneygram payment. the money was picked up either this morning or yesterday - don't remember - but i'm not especially concerned. there is a lot of stuff being shipped out, and it is kind of chaotic to deal with.

i ordered a filco majestouch (full size) with stock mx clears and 70 mx brown switches. when the need arises, i will look through my pms, but they may have been deleted by my daily woofs... either way, i'm not too scared about getting burned and have all the time in the world.
I know from experience that selling a large number of relatively valuable items is a tedious and time-consuming process.

Being forced to make a large dump in a brief period of time is a recipe for a panic attack and a disaster.
Not to mention that shipping dozens of odd parcels internationally is a daunting endeavor in itself.
while this input is appreciated, there's no need to doubt the op. you have nothing to gain from this discussion outside of a sense of false smugness, and it's really entirely unnecessary to try and cast doubt on a community member to everybody who's participated in this sale and who is already concerned with having potentially lost money, despite whatever "experience" you may have. if nothing else, this type of commentary is contributing to the toxicity that has surrounded the keyboard community as of late.

it's great that we're cynical enough to stay aware of when we may be getting burned, but when there's no such evidence so far, it's doing nothing but harm.
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline mind_funeral

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 21:17:24 »

while this input is appreciated, there's no need to doubt the op. you have nothing to gain from this discussion outside of a sense of false smugness, and it's really entirely unnecessary to try and cast doubt on a community member to everybody who's participated in this sale and who is already concerned with having potentially lost money, despite whatever "experience" you may have. if nothing else, this type of commentary is contributing to the toxicity that has surrounded the keyboard community as of late.

it's great that we're cynical enough to stay aware of when we may be getting burned, but when there's no such evidence so far, it's doing nothing but harm.

Foghat was empathizing with OP.  Slow your roll.
Topre Type Heaven

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 22:01:38 »
The post office tried to deliver today, but there was no one here to sign for it.  They will redeliver tomorrow, and someone should be here, so I will post the results.  But just the fact that it is here is enough to say that he is not just no shipping.  Things just take time.

Offline gtxorb

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 22:19:36 »
Here is what I ordered and what I got:

and there is another off topic thread talked about this: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81871.0   but I suggest use this original one to track everything.

I paid with bank transfer for $470

What I ordered:
1.Massdrop Granite Sets
  3 common kit    81
  2 text mods  50
  1 text pro mods  22
  1 specialty keycaps  14
2.Filco SA profile keycaps  40
3.Grab bags of at least 100 DSA keycaps    20
4.190 of green swith (PCB mounted), 140 of white switch(PCB mounted), 40 grey switch  160
5.2 of Teensy 2.0 with pins  32
6.SA white Blanks, new, at least 20, $10
7.SA dark coloured blanks, new, at least 20, $10
8.DSA keycaps  , $20
   (41 set of red blanks
   42 set of white blanks
   A few numpad sets
   A lot of misc or novelty)
9.SP green SA relegendables All 30 for $24

What I got:

Offline DannyHuynh

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 09 May 2016, 22:47:02 »
What I ordered:
Filco SA Keycaps Full Size

The Filco TKL is taken. What’s left is the Filco fullsize, together with all the extra ISO and 1u winkeys and blanks and extra keycaps for ISO and JIS use. That is seen on my JIS filco here. https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=78531.0;attach=133252;image
https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=78531.0;attach=133250;image
I collected everything together and will sell together for $50.

With shipping $8.
+ Fees, totalling $64.59.

What I've got

These are neither the Filco not SA Profile caps, just hope OP could help me sort this out