Author Topic: 60% aluminum case  (Read 100457 times)

Offline phoenix1234

Re: 60% aluminum case
« Reply #350 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 17:50:53 »
Probably shipped the cases to himself.
I don't think so. It would be a big mistake to do so in Vietnam because anyone can contact the post office to locate their parcels. The post office which is the State company will give they all information related to those packages.

Yeah I have mine too. However the tracking looks like its destination is within Vietnam.

Usually packages sent from Vietnam under normal parcel will have tracking number RxxyyyyyyyyVN (the suffix VN represents the sending country, this is the International UPO code, it's like you send the package from Germany via Deutsche Post will have RxxyyyyyyyyDE pattern) Did he sent to you the tracking with the same pattern? If so,  you can try to use this tracking page to track your packages http://www.vnpost.vn
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 September 2014, 18:01:11 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #351 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 18:34:35 »
Probably shipped the cases to himself.
I don't think so. It would be a big mistake to do so in Vietnam because anyone can contact the post office to locate their parcels. The post office which is the State company will give they all information related to those packages.

I'm pretty sure I was being sarcastic.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline Germiphene

« Reply #352 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 21:18:00 »
Well I'm glad to here that I'm one of them.  Crossing my fingers that they do show up.  Thank you Botay, when they show up!
HHKB pro | RF 87U | RF 87U uni-45g | CM QFR | Steelseries 6Gv2 | Filco MT2 | IBM model M | IBM SSK '87

Offline xandr

« Reply #353 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 03:57:06 »
Glad to see that there's some progress for some of us at least. Bit bummed that I'm not on that list though. :(
Sprit 60% w/MX Clear in DuckMini V2 case | Matias Quiet Pro (office)

Offline ggnarsil

« Reply #354 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 04:38:16 »
It is a sad news for me. Botay promised me he will ship my case 3 weeks ago. I'm pretty glad to wait his action but the result is I'm even not on that list.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #355 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 13:07:22 »
I used the site Phoenix linked and it says my package is destined for Canada.
Thanks all.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #356 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 00:22:03 »
It is a sad news for me. Botay promised me he will ship my case 3 weeks ago. I'm pretty glad to wait his action but the result is I'm even not on that list.
Be patient man, I know it's been a long wait but I have faith that botay will get it sorted.

Remember that this isn't even his GB, he's cleaning up after ali's mess.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
« Reply #357 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 00:42:35 »
U can use this site to track ur package. very useful

http://www.trackitonline.ru/?service=track

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #358 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 22:08:39 »
Be patient man, I know it's been a long wait but I have faith that botay will get it sorted.

Remember that this isn't even his GB, he's cleaning up after ali's mess.

This.
Botay has been nothing but awesome for me.
AFAIK I should have my case and plate [albeit not in the colors I wanted as they couldn't get the quality good enough] in a weeks time.

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #359 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 15:27:11 »
Got my case/plate today.
Selling it at cost$160 + shipping[roughly $20 anywhere NA]
http://imgur.com/a/sefgC

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #360 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 15:49:47 »
Got my case/plate today.
Selling it at cost$160 + shipping[roughly $20 anywhere NA]
http://imgur.com/a/sefgC

how it is the build-quality? After so many delays due to the manufacturing faults, that is all I care about this GB
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #361 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 16:22:09 »
It seems really sturdy and there are no noticeable blemishes.
Seems like a really nice 60% case. You can unscrew the feet and everything.
60% isn't for me any more and my colors didn't turn out so I changed to black for resale.

Offline xandr

« Reply #362 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 14:07:23 »
Glad to see that someone received something… Would be happier though if I could say the same about me.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #363 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 08:06:55 »
Today, I received 2 black cases, one is sandblasted and other is brush aluminum.
Frankly, the cutting and aluminium quality are quite good. The sandblasted one generally is acceptable for me although it still has several scratches.

However, the brush aluminum is bad, there are a lot of scratches on it  :(.
It's just like they did not know how to maintain the finished product after hard anodized.

I can't help saying that I'm sad now. I'm about to sand and paint it or re-anodize it. :blank:

Edit:
Add some pictures to show how bad the brush aluminum case is. The sandblasted one is much more better so I won't take the picture.
78112-0
78114-178116-278118-3
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 September 2014, 10:23:14 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #364 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 23:16:02 »
To be fair with Ali and Botay, today I assemble the keyboard in order to have the overall look of the case.

Assembly steps:

- springs: I used a set of 68g gold spring from sprit GB and one 120g on the space bar
- switches: a mixture between Cherry MX Clear and Cherry MX Black (only used black for modifiers key with stabilizers)
- Lube type: Krytox for switches and stabilizers, Victorinox for springs
78264-0
The aluminium plate is quite light and soft but it is completely flat and there is no issue with inserting the switches
78266-1
- Soldering with Kester 63/37 and cleaning the flux residue with Alcohol 99% and assemble back to the case
78268-2
78270-3
- Partially fix the scratches on the surface with 1000-grit sandpaper, it ends up with exposing the aluminium surface a little bit
78272-4
78274-5
78276-6

- Insert the 3M rubber feet.

- Put the PBT BSP Olivetti keycap set from Originative onto it
http://www.originativeco.com/collections/keysets/products/bsp-classic-beige
78278-7
78280-8

- Typing experiences : It's great, there is no bouncing issue with the Trik PCB after I upgraded to the latest firmware version. In fact, I'm typing this review on it. The keyboard is quite solid and heavy.

Although the keyboard has several post production mistakes but after all I can see that design is correct, there is no issue with stabilizer and switch position. It seems they only have the production, pre and post production issue as they said.

I hope after this GB, they can learn from their mistake, overcome those issues and come back with better quality control, design, production, service and especially the communication.
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 September 2014, 04:11:01 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches

Offline xandr

« Reply #365 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 02:48:14 »
So, is there any word about them shipping out the other orders, or will it just be the vocal few that get theirs so this thing appears solved? I still have received nothing despite botay telling me "will ship to u next week" in a pm from August 21st.

Offline ggnarsil

« Reply #366 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 23:25:19 »
To be fair with Ali and Botay, today I assemble the keyboard in order to have the overall look of the case.

Assembly steps:

- springs: I used a set of 68g gold spring from sprit GB and one 120g on the space bar
- switches: a mixture between Cherry MX Clear and Cherry MX Black (only used black for modifiers key with stabilizers)
- Lube type: Krytox for switches and stabilizers, Victorinox for springs
(Attachment Link)
The aluminium plate is quite light and soft but it is completely flat and there is no issue with inserting the switches
(Attachment Link)
- Soldering with Kester 63/37 and cleaning the flux residue with Alcohol 99% and assemble back to the case
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
- Partially fix the scratches on the surface with 1000-grit sandpaper, it ends up with exposing the aluminium surface a little bit
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

- Insert the 3M rubber feet.

- Put the PBT BSP Olivetti keycap set from Originative onto it
http://www.originativeco.com/collections/keysets/products/bsp-classic-beige
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

- Typing experiences : It's great, there is no bouncing issue with the Trik PCB after I upgraded to the latest firmware version. In fact, I'm typing this review on it. The keyboard is quite solid and heavy.

Although the keyboard has several post production mistakes but after all I can see that design is correct, there is no issue with stabilizer and switch position. It seems they only have the production, pre and post production issue as they said.

I hope after this GB, they can learn from their mistake, overcome those issues and come back with better quality control, design, production, service and especially the communication.

Cheers phoenix  :thumb: I received my case today and so disappoint with that. I've ordered brush red case but in the package I got sandblast black. Seems they had technical issue with brushing and that is why they delay our order so long I guess. So I decide not return my case and leave this gb forever. but anyway thank you for the things you have done for this GB  :thumb: 78969-0

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #367 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 23:27:55 »
I had to get black as well, the colors weren't coming out right for my order.

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #368 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 09:41:04 »
So, is there any word about them shipping out the other orders, or will it just be the vocal few that get theirs so this thing appears solved? I still have received nothing despite botay telling me "will ship to u next week" in a pm from August 21st.

Mine took a fair time since it was shipped.
Message again.
Not making excuses, just trying to get you your case.
I realize it's been almost two months,
but everyone should get their case that paid for one.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #369 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 10:27:19 »
My case was shipped but returned to sender for some stupid reason, haven't heard a peep since then. So annoying, it was actually in my town and now i'm back at the beginning.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #370 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 01:23:15 »
My case was shipped but returned to sender for some stupid reason, haven't heard a peep since then. So annoying, it was actually in my town and now i'm back at the beginning.

Really sorry to hear it.
I've had that happen with headphones and it was the worst feeling.
I hope they can sort it out from you. I started to feel good after getting my case,
but hearing a couple other people pipe up about not getting it is making me sad.
Is it truly the vocal minority getting the cases?

Offline Germiphene

« Reply #371 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 11:14:39 »
Never got mine.  I've given up on this waste of time.
HHKB pro | RF 87U | RF 87U uni-45g | CM QFR | Steelseries 6Gv2 | Filco MT2 | IBM model M | IBM SSK '87

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #372 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 23:11:27 »
Honestly is this guy really that big of a piece of ****? give them there money back! why on earth would you organize something that you can't handle? if the "plant" isn't making the product up to par or taking their sweet ass time complain until you get results. All these "family Problems" my Wife's mother died at 58 and she was back to work 3 weeks later. She took some time, and life when on. I don't understand, there is no excuse, unless you spent the money and are now just screwing everyone over.
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #373 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 23:15:24 »
Honestly is this guy really that big of a piece of ****? give them there money back! why on earth would you organize something that you can't handle? if the "plant" isn't making the product up to par or taking their sweet ass time complain until you get results. All these "family Problems" my Wife's mother died at 58 and she was back to work 3 weeks later. She took some time, and life when on. I don't understand, there is no excuse, unless you spent the money and are now just screwing everyone over.
Some people just cannot handle stress and run away from their problems... It's not like he intended to rip people off (or so it seems) but that is exactly what he is doing. Super selfish and pathetic.

Offline Rodgaroon

« Reply #374 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 00:31:23 »
Some people just cannot handle stress and run away from their problems... It's not like he intended to rip people off (or so it seems) but that is exactly what he is doing. Super selfish and pathetic.

True...but if u cant handle the stress why even try something like this?

I think the zero communication is just as big of a problem. everyone is in the dark.

Offline Rodgaroon

« Reply #375 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 00:34:55 »

I think the zero communication is just as big of a problem. everyone is in the dark.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #376 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 05:09:04 »

They didn't realize that they cannot handle the stress until they faced the first broken batch. I don't know what happened but as you can see, Ali gone completely while Botay delivered partially of the given GB. Now, it seems Botay disappeared too  :confused:

It's sad to know that some of you did not receive the cases... I just sent Botay a message with a hope that he may reply to explain about these.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 November 2014, 05:10:51 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #377 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 06:08:13 »
I'm not part of this group buy but I almost was. But I'd just like to say that this is in no way acceptable. If the first batch goes wrong and you realize things are going south, then you bite the bullet, be a man, come on here and explain the situation, and refund people's money. Not just disappear. That's the worst thing these guys could have done and they've done it. I would have been fuming if I was part of this buy. Hell I'm still fuming even though I'm not. Whenever I see this thread my blood pressure goes up a notch.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline Rodgaroon

« Reply #378 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 10:04:37 »
I know what you mean, I was very close to joining too. Instead I just waited for a TEX case to go on Massdrop. I know its a lot different because they are a company and all, but Massdrop always communicates with the community. They tell it as it is.....just look at the Granite R2 GB.....delays, but they explained that to the community. Just going dark solves nothing and just increases your stress level.

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #379 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 12:47:22 »
Well they've delivered on some of the cases. It's a mystery for the rest.
Hopefully Botay will reply to Phoenix.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #380 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 19:14:19 »
Well they've delivered on some of the cases. It's a mystery for the rest.
Hopefully Botay will reply to Phoenix.

Hope so, he was getting back to me pretty promptly even after the case was delivered but after he confirmed that the case was returned I haven't heard anything in ages :(

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #381 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 23:54:34 »
Here is the reply from him (translated to English approximately). Hope it can help.

I'm asking him about the situation of bueller too, I hope he will come back with the answer soon.
I like linear switches

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #382 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 23:59:59 »
Thanks man, you're a champion.

Offline xandr

« Reply #383 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 08:13:54 »
If you could ask him about mine as well, that'd be grand. I ordered a silver sandblasted case which I'm pretty sure showed up in the very first photos of what they had received from the factory.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #384 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 22:32:12 »
If you could ask him about mine as well, that'd be grand. I ordered a silver sandblasted case which I'm pretty sure showed up in the very first photos of what they had received from the factory.

Message sent. Let's see how he can deal with this.
@bueller: he answered to me that he did not come to the office yet. If you have a tracking number, please use this website and track if it arrives in Vietnam
http://www.vnpost.vn
I like linear switches

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #385 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 22:45:05 »

Message sent. Let's see how he can deal with this.
@bueller: he answered to me that he did not come to the office yet. If you have a tracking number, please use this website and track if it arrives in Vietnam
http://www.vnpost.vn

Honestly I'm having a hard time figuring out what the hell these messages mean with the whacky translations.

http://www.vnpost.vn/TrackandTrace/tabid/130/n/RR110258392VN/t/0/s/1/Default.aspx

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #386 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 05:46:51 »
Quote from: bueller link=topic=51101.msg1543997#msg1543997

Honestly I'm having a hard time figuring out what the hell these messages mean with the whacky translations.

http://www.vnpost.vn/TrackandTrace/tabid/130/n/RR110258392VN/t/0/s/1/Default.aspx

I wish I could receive this tracking earlier to help you.

The package was returned to HANOI since 08/10/2014 However, they failed to deliver it . The latest message indicated:

14/10/2014   17:00:01   100000 - Giao dịch Trung tâm   Chưa phát được. Bưu gửi lưu kư/Đă phát thành công giấy mời, chờ người nhận đến nhận/
=> Translated
14/10/2014   17:00:01   100000 - Central Post Office : Not yet delivered. Invitation letter sent, waiting for the person to pick up.

I just passed this tracking to Botay. Let's wait and see his answer.
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 November 2014, 05:48:48 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #387 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 05:49:29 »
Quote from: bueller link=topic=51101.msg1543997#msg1543997

I wish I could receive this tracking earlier to help you.

The package was returned to HANOI since 08/10/2014 However, they failed to deliver it . The latest message indicated:

14/10/201417:00:01100000 - Giao dịch Trung tâmChưa phát được. Bưu gửi lưu kư/Đă phát thành công giấy mời, chờ người nhận đến nhận/
=> Translated
14/10/201417:00:01100000 - Central Post Office : Not yet delivered. Invitation letter sent, waiting for the person to pick up.

I just passed this tracking to Botay. Let's wait and see his answer.
Yeah I sent it to botay weeks ago but it seems like he forgot about it.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #388 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 08:09:59 »
Yeah I sent it to botay weeks ago but it seems like he forgot about it.

@Bueller:
I don't want to be the guy who brings the bad news but as far as I get from Botay, he was not able to get it back because he lost the Proof of Sender paper ...

I'm speechless :-X
I like linear switches

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #389 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 08:14:04 »
Cheers for your help anyway mate, honestly I'm over the whole ordeal anyway.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #390 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 08:15:03 »
@Bueller:
I don't want to be the guy who brings the bad news but as far as I get from Botay, he was not able to get it back because he lost the Proof of Sender paper ...
(Attachment Link)

I'm speechless :-X
What a daft prick. Unbelievable.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #391 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 09:06:25 »
The guys responsible for this group buy should be banned from this forum.

Offline Rodgaroon

« Reply #392 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 14:26:53 »
Its GB like this the scare the heck out of me. I will be joining the TX87 Kustom when it opens. I'd sure it will be fine, but damn this puts a sour taste in your mouth.

Offline Rodgaroon

« Reply #393 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 09:59:39 »
Still waiting???

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #394 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 10:01:16 »
I gave up all hope of ever getting my case ages ago. The people involved are either completely incompetent or straight up scammed us.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #395 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 10:27:26 »
So, we are still waiting? XD

Offline duzeyao

« Reply #396 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 21:59:46 »
Its GB like this the scare the heck out of me. I will be joining the TX87 Kustom when it opens. I'd sure it will be fine, but damn this puts a sour taste in your mouth.

Should keep an eye out on this GB
你绝版的婊子妈坟

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #397 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 22:31:04 »
Dem feels :(

Useless bastards.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #398 on: Fri, 26 June 2015, 00:08:32 »
Useless bastards.
"you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free"
It seems, the cases similar to this group buy appear in one of the biggest gaming club in Ha Noi - Vietnam, the Pegasus Club (12 June at 11:00)

https://www.facebook.com/pegasus.club.hp/posts/1642189229350951
104236-0
104238-1

What and Why is that?   :-\
You decide ...
I like linear switches

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #399 on: Fri, 26 June 2015, 00:10:29 »
Useless bastards.
"you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free"
It seems, the cases similar to this group buy appear in one of the biggest gaming club in Ha Noi - Vietnam, the Pegasus Club (12 June at 11:00)

https://www.facebook.com/pegasus.club.hp/posts/1642189229350951
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

What and Why is that?   :-\
You decide ...

Sounds about ****ing right.