Author Topic: [IC] GMK Yugo | GB Live!  (Read 61722 times)

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
[IC] GMK Yugo | GB Live!
« on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 17:59:36 »
GB thread is live!

The Yugo — a small, unassuming hatchback, regarded by many as one of the worst road vehicles of all time. (and with good reason) Yet, it holds a special place in the hearts of all of those who grew up somewhere in the former Yugoslavia.

And that's us!
We're YugoMK, a young, growing community of mech keyboard enthusiasts from the Balkans / ex-Yugoslavia. Our current members hail from: Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, Bosnia, and even Sweden!

GMK Yugo is our first community project — and that's what it truly is, a community project. This means that we'll be taking no profits from the sales of the set, which in turn means lower prices for everyone. Even though it started out as a joke (and still kinda is :D ), we're now pretty serious about getting this set out there! However, it being a community set first and foremost, we've designed it exactly how we would want it — no compromises.

We invite you to discuss the set in our Discord channels: Graystudio, Emir's laboratory.

Colors

Taking inspiration from the Yugo GV Sport (GV stands for “good value” lol), a special “sport” edition Yugo that was marketed in the US in the 80's, we've decided to go with a nice, sun-faded yellow as the base color for the whole set. The crimson, orange and brown accents were taken from the GV Sport's signature stripe.

Alphas and mods: RAL 095 90 20
Legends and accents: RAL 030 30 45
Spacebar stripes: RAL 050 50 60, RAL 030 30 45, RAL 040 20 19

Inspiration:
More

Kits

Yugo 45 kit
The ubiquitous Yugo 45, the base model, the dad of all other Yugos. The everyman's car.

A base kit tailored to fit the needs of the community. It offers TKL coverage for YU ISO, YU ANSI and physical ANSI, while also supporting most other popular layouts: HHKB, 60%, 65%, 66-key, 75%, etc. You say Hiragana base? We say YU base!
Before I hear you say: “physical ANSI compatibility only? what??!?!” — yep, you saw it right. In good old true Yugoslav spirit, we're focusing on covering our own stuff. So yes, YU ISO support comes first. Tito would be proud. :D

Capitalism kit
yugo can into US market? Sure can, and so can you with the Capitalism kit!

That's not to say that you will have to pay a premium to enjoy US ANSI and US ISO compatibility with this set. Since this is a community project and we're forgoing all profits, we are aiming for a low cost for this kit from the start. We've also included an extra 2.25u Shift for those who want to use a US layout on a 66-key board.
Additionally, we've managed to include full UK ISO compatibility in the kit without increasing the price for US buyers. It's a win for both sides of the pond.

Yugo 55 kit
Yugo 45 not enough? Need a heftier machine? Add a tenkey, and there you have it — Yugo 55. What a beast.

Our numpad kit includes compatibility for 1800, CP, 96-key and full-size boards, plus a few extra keys that, in true auto industry fashion, we felt weren't worth including with the base kit.

Cabrio kit
Need more space in your Yugo? Pop your sunroof open and give our Cabrio kit a try!

This kit has all your split and accented spacebar necessities. Three of the spacebars have been pimped out with the signature orange–red–brown stripe of the Yugo GV Sport. This stripe will be UV printed on the front of the caps by GMK, giving you that retro SPORT look while not sacrificing durability.
A 2u space and extra B are also included for ergo boards.

Zastava kit
The company that gave us Yugo and many other great (but mostly terrible) cars. A powerhouse of the Yugoslav economy since 1953, Zastava was based out of Kragujevac, Serbia until 2008, when it was bought out by Fiat.

Today we commemorate Zastava with our YU Cyrillic alphas kit — the first of its kind for GMK, and the first ever non-Russian Cyrillic kit in any custom keycap set!
The kit covers several variants of the Serbian Cyrillic layout (ISO, ANSI, split backspace), as well as offering basic support for Macedonian.
Special thanks to T0mb3ry for helping create these beautiful new Cyrillic legends.

Renders

Westfoxtrot Cypher
Yugo 45 + Yugo 55 + Cabrio

Noxary 280
Yugo 45 + Capitalism

Dixie Bauer
Yugo 45 + Zastava + Capitalism + Cabrio

Smith+Rune IRON165
Yugo 45 + Zastava + Capitalism + Cabrio + Artisan

Renders by MacSurfy

Extras

We will be offering the lovely deskmat from the renders as an option during the GB. My favorite feature: the road signs on the deskmat show the names of the capitals of the six former Yugoslav republics, in Latin and Cyrillic.

We will also be offering an aluminum artisan cap made by Salvun. The cap is cerakoted black with silver enamel infill. It gets its distinctive shape from the classic Yugo hood badge and logo.

Custom cables in matching colors will also be available, courtesy of MechSoda. The cables feature glow in the dark paracord (we don't condone driving without headlights at night), Techflex double sleeving, and optional coils and aviator connectors.

Group Buy

The group buy will run November 4th – December 18th 2019.

Vendors

Pricing

Credits and Shoutouts

Thank you to the following YugoMK community members for participating:
  • ADRO3 (keyberzerker)
  • audiosl4ve
  • darko
  • Emir
  • konstantin
  • spakecdk

We're very thankful to the following people who are helping make GMK Yugo a reality:
  • MacSurfy – A true render artist; thank you for taking our ideas and turning them into something special. Also, that deskmat is a masterpiece.
  • T0mb3ry – Once again thank you for your patience and expertise, your help with the Cyrillic fonts and legends was invaluable. Please consider supporting T0mb3ry's upcoming SP SA Yuri / DCS Yuri, another awesome Cyrillic set.
  • Salvun – gr8 artisan & gr8 m8
  • David and Yuliia of mykeyboard.eu – Thanks for being awesome as always and being there for whatever we needed. Working with you is a treat.
  • David of CandyKeys – Thank you for your help with the initial brainstorming and renders, it really helped get us going.

Also, a big shoutout to you ... if you put this in your signature :D Please consider supporting our set!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102130.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/WLazO0y.png[/img][/url]

Final Notes

« Last Edit: Tue, 16 June 2020, 11:57:29 by konstantin »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Re: [IC] GMK Yugo
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 17:59:59 »
Changelog
  • 2019-08-24 – Added ideas/plans for extras
  • 2019-10-13 – Added GB dates, added vendors, updated renders, minor kit changes, added details about extras
  • 2019-10-31 – Updated GB dates
  • 2019-11-03 – Posted finalized kits, pricing, color samples
  • 2019-11-04 – Posted zFrontier pricing

2019-10-13 update
Hey guys, we have some updates for you! Some long overdue, some brand new. All of them awesome!

First and foremost, the group buy will run November 1st – December 15th 2019 via the following vendors:
  • EU – mykeyboard.eu
  • US – Kono Store
  • Asia – zFrontier
  • Oceania – Daily Clack

As for the kits, we have some updates here as well; namely:
  • Super has been replaced with System (1.25u) and Sys (1u).
    The System mold will be created for Yugo and both molds will be available for future sets to use.
  • A 1.25u convex spacebar has been added to the Cabrio kit.
  • I've added updated renders with row numbers and keycap sizes to the OP.
  • We're looking into adding UK compatibility to the Capitalism kit without increasing the price of the kit for US buyers.
The second quote request is on its way to GMK. We're pretty happy with the prices we got the first time around, and now we're looking to optimize things further and get more options. Anyway, here are the two updated kits:

Show Image
Show Image

Deskmat reveal!
Well, kinda. You've already seen it in the renders, but since then we've updated the design and have ordered samples.

Show Image

My favorite feature are the signs, which feature the names of the capitals for the six former Yugoslav republics, in Latin and Cyrillic.

We've partnered with Salvun and MechSoda to bring artisans and cables (respectively) to the group buy.
The artisan cap is cerakoted aluminum with enamel infill. It takes its distinctive shape from the classic Yugo hood badge and logo.

Show Image
Show Image

The cables will feature glow in the dark paracord (we don't condone driving without headlights at night) in a matching yellow color, Techflex double sleeving, and optional coils and aviator connectors. Pics of samples will be posted soon.

Last but not least, here's a photo of RAL D3 samples for the colors we picked. It's not the greatest since I took it with my phone a couple of weeks back (no white balance), but for what it's worth I thought the colors looked pretty accurate irl.

Show Image

(Yugo colors are the second yellow from the top and the bottommost red.)
We're looking into ordering our own RAL chips asap; with any luck, we'll have good quality photos of the colors in time for the start of the GB.

2019-10-31 update
Hey guys, after a few delays and some communication issues with GMK (the person in charge of Yugo went on vacation and it took some time for their colleague to get familiarized with the project), we got the final quote back last minute. We are now finalizing pricing with the vendors.

Because of this, we will have to postpone the start of the GB until Monday. The new dates are November 4th – December 18th 2019. We're very sorry for the delay!

2019-11-03 update
Show Image
Show Image

Hey guys, the kits are finalized and the pricing is in!
Good news: we've managed to include full UK ISO compatibility in the Capitalism kit without increasing the price for US buyers. It's a win for both sides of the pond.

Yugo 45 kit
€106 @ 250 MOQ

Show Image

Capitalism kit
€34 @ 100 MOQ

Show Image

Yugo 55 kit
€39 @ 100 MOQ

Show Image

Cabrio kit
€28 @ 100 MOQ

Show Image

Zastava kit
€46 @ 100 MOQ

Show Image

Here's the pricing breakdown per vendor:

Show Image

The zFrontier pricing should be coming in early tomorrow morning.

The RAL samples have also arrived, just in time for the GB.
We'll be using these to color check the keycap samples we receive from GMK. Below are professionally taken, white balanced photos of the chips.

Show Image
Show Image

The full album is available here.

All in all, it's super exciting to see the set that we've worked on so hard on finally go into GB. Yugo is our baby. We hope you'll enjoy it.
See you tomorrow!

2019-11-04 update
The table has been updated with zFrontier's pricing.

Show Image

« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2019, 04:17:54 by constexpr »

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:04:23 »
Yes

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:05:25 »
thanks i hate it

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:09:21 »
Capitalism kit. Ide u pičku materinu.

My ****ing sides this is fantastic I'll buy it

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:09:27 »
Gonna be a tough sell making 85% of users pay extra for basic compatibility, no profits or not. Anyway, it's well organized and a fun theme so good luck  :thumb:

Any novelties happening?

Offline Woovie

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:10:09 »
want

Offline hughtrue

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:15:15 »
Interested.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:17:52 »
You had me at Capitalism. Bless up

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:18:20 »
Thanks, I love it.

Would like to see prices though, because most will have to buy two kits, so that cost shouldn't be very high. Obvious, I know.

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:18:26 »
Nasp, I worry we're the novelties

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:20:22 »
Random comments! (yeah... random)

- The main colors in the color scheme remind me a bit the old HP terminal keyboards. This is different enough, though.

- I absolutely DIG the red Enter keys (both vertical and horizontal — it's the color on those large keys what makes them so striking; the Esc key, not as much, on account of it being 1U).

- The Yugo 45 kit has a 2.25 Shift key, and so does the Capitalism kit. Is this correct? I missed that bit.

- The Yugo 45 kit has an R1 \| key, but I think that should be another Ž (Z with caron) key. The R1 \| should be moved to the capitalist kit. Same goes for Ж in the Zastava kit (or am I mistaken?).

- Yugo 55: is a numpad comma within the realm of possibility?

- The Capitalism kit needs two "Alt" keys (1.25U and 1.5U), to replace the "AltGr" keys in capitalist keyboards (even if "Gr" is the start of "Greed", oddly enough).

- If the Yugo 45 kit shows the ISO Enter keys first, then the ANSI ones, then the tsangan bottom row should be put first as well.  :cool:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:20:44 »
This is cute as hell

Offline Bhk1004

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:22:28 »
Sorry cant support this. You are taking the largest group that buys anything keeb related and forcing a child kit on them to have their correct legends. out of principle im out. someone send me a message or something if it gets combined.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:23:50 »
Sorry cant support this. You are taking the largest group that buys anything keeb related and forcing a child kit on them to have their correct legends. out of principle im out. someone send me a message or something if it gets combined.
Uhhhh... Hello? Capitalism?

Offline Bhk1004

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:30:27 »
?

Offline Full

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 18:47:41 »
Love it!.
Hi!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 19:03:10 »
I can with utmost sincerity say this is incredible. Well done.

Don't worry buddy, I'll buy two of everything to make up for what you were intending to purchase.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 August 2019, 19:06:42 by Vigrith »

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 19:55:50 »
Holy. ****. Yes.

Count me in. All in.

Well thought out and implemented theme, excellent color scheme.
Excellent marketing copy that explains everything well and is also amusing.
Awesome deskmat.

This is a top notch set. Well done. Seriously. Really great job on this.

Only two suggestions.
1- a Yugo novelty (the logo) or artisan (like an actual little car like the boomsnap caps cars)
2- actually sell those little Yugo matchbox cars in the renders (or link to someplace people can get them)

Offline VelourFog

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 20:08:34 »
Love the color scheme.  Wheres the orange? 

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 20:18:44 »
I can with utmost sincerity say this is incredible. Well done.

Don't worry buddy, I'll buy two of everything to make up for what you were intending to purchase.
Capitalism wins again

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 21:41:16 »
You'd really imagine designing a set as a community to be really difficult. Well, it was way more difficult than I imagined - but we had a lot of fun! Not for the faint of heart. 😂

Offline 8six753o9

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 21:41:45 »
RAMA toy car?   ???

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 21:52:22 »
This is brilliant! So glad to see a truly new and unique set like this in our community. I'm in for a base kit & Capitalism kit and that deskmat PLEASE!
I think the colors are great too!

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 22:18:07 »
The color way is almost reverse Jamon and looks great!

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 22:19:28 »
lol

Offline sapphyr

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 22:25:36 »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  :thumb:

I like that this flips the entire idea of of how keysets are being built today. Love it!

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 23:15:34 »
Two ignorant American questions:
What board could I buy in the states for the base Hugo 45 layout?
The function key in numpad-what size it? Do you use it to change layers?

Offline hansichen

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 00:18:16 »
Looks nice  :thumb:

I'd only replace the 1u Super keys with something else. Super is one letter too large to properly fit onto a 1u cap. It looks cramped and not pretty.

Offline keyberzerker

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 00:37:16 »
Best set of 2019!

I am very happy to be part of this and really looking forward for customer feedback and community support!

Let's make it happen!

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 01:11:08 »
I want that deskmat! Yes!

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 01:31:03 »
How many people do you think actually use ISO YU in the community?

Everyone's going to have incorrect legends, but ANSI users are the only ones with the opportunity to have correct legends.

Offline kwerdenker

• thinkkwer.eu
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 01:59:47 »

At least your child kit will make MOQ

Signed,
A NorDe kit user

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 02:07:25 »

ps; I'm an ansi user, love this set, will use it with all the incorrect legends and won't give af...
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 August 2019, 02:10:02 by Poesjuh »

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 02:14:46 »
Nice colours.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 02:28:23 »
Very nice colors, I like it.
I was wondering, would you consider render mods in this red color? Maybe it could be an option? Just a thought...

Also, if so many people moan about separate kit, would it be possible to combine standard ANSI - Capitalism kit - in base kit?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline nguyenhimself

[IC] GMK Yugo
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 03:05:27 »
i don't know how many times I can mention this, run a ISO only kit see how it does...

It's been stated FROM THE START that ISO is, indeed, currently a minority, yet nowhere as small as some make it to be, nowhere as small as some niche form factors that are supported in the base kit without fuss, and for whom actual support in a base kit is nowhere as expensive as it's made to be.

"Run an X-only kit and see how it does." is a disingenious argument that would be quickly shot down if X were, for example, "65%" instead of "ISO". So why is it considered valid here? As per "picking up the slack", please read the early posts in the thread about how many differing form factors are supported in a base kit, and note that this is generally considered in the best interests of the whole hobby (except for some people who still insist on treating ISO like the plague... for reasons that are, in the best case, obsolete).
GMK Paperwork was a 40%-only set that ran and reached MOQ and shipped.
And you don’t see people complain about separate 40% kits, do you?
“Run an ISO-only GMK set (not kit) to prove the user base size” is a great idea that nobody will do because it’s more work than just typing “ISO users are huge believe me. Huge!”.
I unironically love this.
Above was what I posted in that “ne ISO avail” thread.
Let’s do this.
That said, I don’t see the orange color in any of the kit?

Offline nguyenhimself

[IC] GMK Yugo
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 03:09:01 »
Also yes this ****ing deskmat please and thank you.

Offline darko

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 03:15:54 »

Hey nguyenhiumself

we had those 4 colours proposed and we only left the main two as you see on the set, but brown and orange can be seen on the stripped spacebars, as those stripes were the only place we found them on yugo car.

Two ignorant American questions:
What board could I buy in the states for the base Hugo 45 layout?
The function key in numpad-what size it? Do you use it to change layers?

You can buy any standard TKL board in US, this kit has full ansi support.
The function key is 1.75u, which is the same size as caps lock and it is intended to replace it if you program your keyboard to have different layers on caps lock for example.

Offline tanega

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 03:50:06 »
regarded by many as one of the worst road vehicles of all time

Who is trashing my Fiat Uno ? è_é

Offline alexbarb

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 03:58:21 »
Well done, but the form Л, Д, У, Ч, and Ж raises questions. Л and Д of this form are not used in grotesques, although it is possible (obsolete form). Ж should be made of К and rhyme with it. X should no longer be a similar letter in Latin.

« Last Edit: Fri, 23 August 2019, 04:35:56 by alexbarb »

Offline te_dulce

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 04:08:32 »
Beautiful! It's what I like in Pristine and Red Alert in one set. Watched

I'd like R5 bottom row but I understand there's no compromises in your guys' vision.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 August 2019, 04:14:53 by te_dulce »

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 05:12:59 »
This would be cheaper without physical ANSI support in base kit. Consider taking ANSI Enter x2, 2.25u Shift and 1.5u Ž keys out of Yugo 45 kit. They could go in Capitalism kit or maybe in Yugo 55 kit?

Enough saved money for a cup of coffee? All in good fun of course. Lovely presentation and idea for a set. Interesting to see how this turns out!

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 05:19:53 »

Hey nguyenhiumself

we had those 4 colours proposed and we only left the main two as you see on the set, but brown and orange can be seen on the stripped spacebars, as those stripes were the only place we found them on yugo car.

Oh oh I see those stripes now. Subtle!
I didn’t know GMK could do that. Very cool.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 05:37:04 »
Beautiful! It's what I like in Pristine and Red Alert in one set. Watched

I'd like R5 bottom row but I understand there's no compromises in your guys' vision.

Oh that is not the case at all, in fact - we are open to feedback!

I would like R5 too, but since this is not only my decision, it'll take some convincing on your end (IC feedback) and on my end internally as well! ;)

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 06:11:42 »
Well done, but the form Л, Д, У, Ч, and Ж raises questions. Л and Д of this form are not used in grotesques, although it is possible (obsolete form). Ж should be made of К and rhyme with it. X should no longer be a similar letter in Latin.
Show Image

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

T0m and I had quite a lengthy discussion about this, but we came to the conclusion that the forms we chose are the best fit for the set.

The Л and Д forms you proposed are great for Russian, but they're not the best choice for Serbian, Macedonian and Bulgarian (South Slavic languages that use the Cyrillic script). There is a lot of regional variety in Cyrillic typography, and the same rules don't apply across all of it. In Latin scripts, for example, you can expect the letter L to more or less always be the same basic shape (within a single family of typefaces), but this is not always the case with Cyrillic. For example, the lowercase letter П can correctly be written one of three ways, depending on which language you're writing: п, n, ū. These and other similar variations in Cyrillic glyphs are one of the reasons why locl (locale) support was added to the OpenType font format — so that the same letters (graphemes) can be rendered as different glyphs for different languages (locales).
Here's an example animation of the differences between Russian and South Slavic (Bulgarian in this case) Cyrillic non-cursive letter forms: http://i.imgur.com/58MzPiB.gif

I agree with you regarding Ж, К and Х. T0m and I are both aware of this. However, making these adjustments within the scope of GMK Yugo is not feasible — it would require producing even more new molds than we already need (~15). We can't afford it if we want to keep the cost of the kits low. The fixes for these and other discrepancies (there's several more of them) will likely have to wait until GMK Yuri R2 rolls around :)
У and Ч are fine, they fit the style of the Helvetica Rounded / Cherry typeface well.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 August 2019, 06:15:56 by constexpr »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 06:38:23 »
Small update to the OP: I've added a section on the extras we plan on offering during the GB: the deskmat from the renders, custom cables, as well as an idea for an artisan. We'll have more concrete info on these in the following days.

I've also added a bit of BBCode at the bottom in case you want to rock GMK Yugo in your signature :D
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 August 2019, 06:49:21 by constexpr »

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 06:53:52 »
Show Image

I talked already with you before about the Cyrillics. And i say it again: there are no rules which do dictate how У, Ч, and Ж should be made. Cherry font is its own thing. Those are my interpretation of those letters for Cherry font. They are not wrong and they are fine.

Offline geewiz

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 08:07:24 »
IMO this is the most creative IC of the year so far! I love that you folks did it the way you did, knowing full well what common responses would be. I fully agree with the TopClack guys, very well done!

And I actually do like the colourway, so I'll pick up the base kit with the Capitalism kit if I can afford it.

Fond memories of my childhood in the 70s making friends with Yugoslavian guest worker kids...

Offline liebestraum

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 08:33:09 »
I made an account just to show interest in this.  I m curious if there are plans to support 40's like the Planck.  Depending on the profile, I could always get the base w/ Zastava kit for mods too.  Defo want that Deskpad too!