Author Topic: [GB] GMK Yugo | Completed  (Read 181708 times)

Offline koenoe

• My YouTube channel
Re: [GB] GMK Yugo | LIVE until December 18th
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 16:38:05 »
Joined as well! This set needs to be made.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 03:13:09 »
Extension!

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 03:34:30 »
Extension!
I could probably get some spare funds together if this does get extended. I really like the cryllic alphas.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 03:40:42 »
Final sales day numbers are in and reported to Dvorcol.

No kit made it even halfway to MoQ besides the capitalism kit.
As for what we will do, that's up in the air. We'll talk it out amongst ourselves and see what we can come up with.

Even though as it stands it's a big F, we would still like to thank everyone who believes in it.
It might not be over, so if you're still interested in Yugo, wait a little while before asking for a refund. If we decide to cancel it altogether, you'll be refunded without having to ask for it, so please wait.

As for deskmats and artisans, I don't know how much interest there is in them if there's no set to go along with them. We will talk it out today and let you know ASAP.

Offline sent-by-an-iPerson

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 04:20:41 »
GMK Yugo will never die in my heart. I hope you guys can work something out! I think it will do well in the long run.

Offline Radon86

• Radon86
    • Rn86's YT Channel
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 05:32:31 »
I really love this set. It is really a bold step in the monotonous GMK scene with many sets being seemingly the same. This will be the first GMK set that I would actually use and keep forever if it is actually made. You guys might consider to request for the vendors buy the set to meet MOQ and then sell them as extras once the set ships and pictures gets put on the forums. I'm sure that once it is in people's hands, the community will know how beautiful this set truely is.

GMK Olivia R1 wasn't very popular at the initial group buy phase, but now look at the hype there is in R2! I am proud to say that I had participated in the GMK Yugo group buy no matter how things eventually turn out.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 08:58:28 »
The Deskmat and artisan are great! Please consider running them anyway! I don't need the caps to enjoy them.

Offline mrkantz

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 10:33:47 »
Bummer that this couldn't make it, but this speaks volumes

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 10:47:39 »
We've talked it out a bit, and we have decided to extend it the rest of the year for starters.
More
Final sales day numbers are in and reported to Dvorcol.

As for what we will do, that's up in the air. We'll talk it out amongst ourselves and see what we can come up with.

Even though as it stands it's a big F, we would still like to thank everyone who believes in it.
It might not be over, so if you're still interested in Yugo, wait a little while before asking for a refund. If we decide to cancel it altogether, you'll be refunded without having to ask for it, so please wait.

As for deskmats and artisans, I don't know how much interest there is in them if there's no set to go along with them. We will talk it out today and let you know ASAP.

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 January 2020, 11:39:19 by dvorcol »

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 10:53:57 »
Bummer that this couldn't make it, but this speaks volumes

Well, spacebars too I guess! :D

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 13:41:35 »
Definitely still interested in the Deskmat!

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #111 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 15:57:07 »
We've talked it out a bit, and we have decided to extend it the rest of the year for starters.

- But why? It's already ran for a month and a half!
Well, that is true - but even if we had made MoQ by now, extending it the rest of the year makes a lot of sense. The reason for this is that over the holiday period, nothing would move regardless.

There's been a lot of support from multiple ends, and it'd be a disservice not only to us, but also to all the fans of Yugo to let it die off here. A lot of people have shown interest in picking up a lot of extra kits in order to see this set make it, and that really warms my heart. I have personally gotten a lot of PMs, and also notice how people discuss Yugo in a very positive manner across discords and here in the thread. Thank you so much for that!

Extending it the rest of the year will allow for more orders to accumulate, our plan is then to make an effort to have it bought out through vendors and amongst ourselves and friends to have it made. We obviously can't guarantee anything, but I am still fairly positive it'll pull through at the end of the day.

I can't speak for all the kits, but base and capitalism look completely possible - which is not a faillure to me. The cyrillics kit is fun and unique, and introduces new cyrillics legends, but at the end of the day it's not vital to the set. The base is what sets this set apart from every other set out there before it, and it'd be a real milestone for the community to show that it is possible to take this route. Keep in mind that we do not abandon other kits right off the bat, though.

We selfishly ask for your continued support, and a huge shout out to all the people who bought yugo, and all the people picking up extra kits just to give this set a fighting chance. We love you all!

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 16:13:35 »
Hells yeah!

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 18:27:56 »
Thanks Emir! I really hope that works.

*Maybe update the GB title to reflect that.

« Last Edit: Thu, 19 December 2019, 18:35:13 by msting »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Re: [GB] GMK Yugo | Extended until end of December
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 06:20:57 »
Thread title updated, thanks.

Since we got a few questions regarding ANSI and the Capitalism kit, I thought it'd be worth pointing out that you don't need to buy Capitalism to cover your ANSI boards — the base kit comes with physical ANSI compatibility.

Capitalism is if you want US/UK legends for your boards, but ANSI also works with YU legends (and looks kickass to boot) ;)

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 07:39:31 »
Yes I have come across many people frustrated over them thinking that there's no ansi support in the base, some even thought that there's no ansi enter. This isn't true, there is ansi support - but for full us ansi, you'll need the capitalism kit.

Please remember that this set was meant to be used with Yugoslavian legends, and as such we separated us ansi and iso UK to a different kit. Of course we are aware that the  set would've sold multitudes better with ansi us in the base right off the bat, but it goes against the whole concept and idea of the set.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #116 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 08:55:13 »
Yes I have come across many people frustrated over them thinking that there's no ansi support in the base, some even thought that there's no ansi enter. This isn't true, there is ansi support - but for full us ansi, you'll need the capitalism kit.

Please remember that this set was meant to be used with Yugoslavian legends, and as such we separated us ansi and iso UK to a different kit. Of course we are aware that the  set would've sold multitudes better with ansi us in the base right off the bat, but it goes against the whole concept and idea of the set.

The concept of the proposal is clear and sound. But, this GB confirms, one more time, that marketing is not about philosophy; but, about masses' wishes and wants. Hope the set makes it.

Offline Sshimosawa

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 22 December 2019, 07:55:47 »

The concept of the proposal is clear and sound. But, this GB confirms, one more time, that marketing is not about philosophy; but, about masses' wishes and wants. Hope the set makes it.
This.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #118 on: Sun, 22 December 2019, 07:59:47 »

We are aware, and from the start we knew that certain decisions we made would alienate a majority of the crowd simply due to how we did the kits. However, aiming to make it was always the goal; with the integrity of Yugo intact.
Maybe we were wrong, maybe it'll pull through - but I personally don't regret any decisions made. If it does get made, it'll serve as a milestone in GMK set progression, and if it fails it goes to show that we as a community aren't ready for these types of things yet.

It'll be interesting regardless of how it turns out! :)

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 22 December 2019, 09:04:10 »
We are aware, and from the start we knew that certain decisions we made would alienate a majority of the crowd simply due to how we did the kits. However, aiming to make it was always the goal; with the integrity of Yugo intact.
Maybe we were wrong, maybe it'll pull through - but I personally don't regret any decisions made. If it does get made, it'll serve as a milestone in GMK set progression, and if it fails it goes to show that we as a community aren't ready for these types of things yet.

:thumb:

I don't think this is struggling due to the design decisions, though, and I think we ARE ready for this. This set has A LOT of community support and love!
(Yes, I'm shilling a bit cause I want my YUGO!)

I think the vendor, Kono, either hasn't been as invested in getting the word out, or they're just running too many GMK sets against each other, or both. Also running in December was risky.
And then there's Olivia which is just kicking ass right now and is a must buy for many who had to make tough decisions this month.

You basically opened a really cool sandwich shop and 2 weeks later McDonald's opened across the street.  :'(

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 22 December 2019, 09:43:52 »

I agree with you.

Offline ConfuseBill

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 22 December 2019, 10:10:41 »

:thumb:

I don't think this is struggling due to the design decisions, though, and I think we ARE ready for this. This set has A LOT of community support and love!
(Yes, I'm shilling a bit cause I want my YUGO!)

I think the vendor, Kono, either hasn't been as invested in getting the word out, or they're just running too many GMK sets against each other, or both. Also running in December was risky.
And then there's Olivia which is just kicking ass right now and is a must buy for many who had to make tough decisions this month.

You basically opened a really cool sandwich shop and 2 weeks later McDonald's opened across the street.  :'(

Ouch...

Reality bites, guess a lot of community support and love is just not enough to make a philosophy become reality.
There are too many burger shops opening at the same time lately on this very short strip street.

What we cannot understand in Customer behavior is that survey (IC) does not always represent outcomes.
Community stop by at this sandwich shop, saying good things about the shop, how nice the table layout, the menu board looks fancy, and children playground is so adorable, but yet they go next door to McDonald order Jumbo Meal which provide everything more than they need to fill a hungry tummy. A Burger (Modifiers), Fries (Alphas), drink (Numpad), some Meal comes with Apple Pies (65% & 1800 keys) and free ketchup. But wait, what..... why community have to pay for the ketchup (Capitalism) at the sandwich Shop?   ;D

I'm guessing, just guessing that McDonald gonna reach 2,000 Meals at the end of Dec.

And, salute to GMK Sparta runner, he/she can foresee things very clearly, and business sense kicks in. Better pull out, and come back later, when the market is not too crowded.

Cheers guys.

Offline sartarelli

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 22 December 2019, 11:26:23 »
This is the first GMK set GB I joined, not because of the design but because it would be nice to have one set with the correct legends for my language. I'm sure all other reasons pointed out are part of the problem why this didn't reach MOQ yet, but I'm quite sure the biggest reason is the design. I find it ok, but nothing that would make it stand out, except for few people as we can see by the numbers.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 22 December 2019, 12:09:17 »
The elephant in the room that everyone refuses to achknowldge is that, the ISO community's buying power is still not there.

Look at Olivia++, mentioned multiple times here as one of the reasons Yugo is struggling. Even for a mega-popular set with (currently) over 2000 base kit, the ISO kit is still struggling to hit MOQ 100. Remember, without that ISO kit, you literally cannot put Olivia++ on your ISO boards.

Vendors will 100% help out, and that kit will be produced. But at some point we have to admit that:
- There are still not enough ISO buyers.
- And/or the often-vocal ISO fans simply don't want to vote with their wallets (if you think this is a form of protest, you're giving the opposite signal).

- You (as in ISO users): I won't buy this set's ISO kit bc its keys don't have correct FR/DE/etc legends.
- Also you: Just ignore the incorrect ANSI legends lmao. Why is physical support not enough for you?
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 December 2019, 12:15:31 by nguyenhimself »

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 22 December 2019, 15:45:39 »
The elephant in the room that everyone refuses to achknowldge is that, the ISO community's buying power is still not there.

Look at Olivia++, mentioned multiple times here as one of the reasons Yugo is struggling. Even for a mega-popular set with (currently) over 2000 base kit, the ISO kit is still struggling to hit MOQ 100. Remember, without that ISO kit, you literally cannot put Olivia++ on your ISO boards.

Vendors will 100% help out, and that kit will be produced. But at some point we have to admit that:
- There are still not enough ISO buyers.
- And/or the often-vocal ISO fans simply don't want to vote with their wallets (if you think this is a form of protest, you're giving the opposite signal).

- You (as in ISO users): I won't buy this set's ISO kit bc its keys don't have correct FR/DE/etc legends.
- Also you: Just ignore the incorrect ANSI legends lmao. Why is physical support not enough for you?

Ansi users don't want to pay an additional 30 euros for correct legends and Ansi enter, and ISO users don't want to pay an extra 30 euros for ISO enter. I think you're somehow not seeing the common point that yugo and add-on iso kits should've illustrated.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 13:43:30 »
There is no one, but many ISO layouts. ANSI is just one layout, US ANSI. ISO users at GH are minority by far. Considering these facts, I wonder if you guys promoted the set at DT, RMech or any other forum where there may be other ISO users.

Offline ivu

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 15:27:13 »
Base+Capitalism ordered. Let's make it happen!  :cool:

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 12:42:06 »
When I got into this hobby almost 6 years ago I switched to ANSI because back then absolutely nothing was ISO. I am still using ANSI and won't switch back. I assume a good chunk of European people did the same thing.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 04:30:30 »
When I got into this hobby almost 6 years ago I switched to ANSI because back then absolutely nothing was ISO. I am still using ANSI and won't switch back. I assume a good chunk of European people did the same thing.

I also exclusively use ansi, but it's not like iso users are the target group. 
This set uses iso Yugoslavia, and how many yugoslavians do we have in this community besides us behind the set. Expecting iso users to buy this just because it is iso is like expecting them to buy all the physical iso found in any other set - you're not more likely to buy this as an iso user in comparison to anything else with physical iso.

So basically, people wanting ansi us with correct legends for yugo is no different from iso users wanting correct legends. The difference is that UK and us can get full compat while the rest of us (like me) will have to settle for, and enjoy the legends for what they are.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 December 2019, 08:11:43 by Emir »

Offline Rich Carpenter

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 10:21:44 »
very nice bro  :thumb:

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

« Reply #130 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 10:41:33 »

I've started typing with ANSI, but for this set I'll make a very special ISO board.

Offline cicy1030

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 00:11:55 »
What's the number now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #132 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 04:44:09 »
What's the number now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have numbers, didn't want to bother the vendors over the holidays. However, word is that sales did not really pick up.

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 01 January 2020, 17:41:35 »
Looks like Kono extended this to Jan. 3. That's one more payday for some of us to be able to spring for this sweet set!  :thumb:

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 02 January 2020, 07:00:18 »
I am leaving for CES in Las Vegas tomorrow, so I won't be available to close this out for another 7 days. Konstantin (thread creator) is also at CES the coming days.

Nothing is confirmed yet, but we are doing what we can to have this made and I am optimistic for the Base kit and capitalism kit. cyrillics kit as well as numpad and spacebars are unlikely to make it.

All yugo members are synced and up to speed and might be more available than me to answer questions until then.

GB pages should start to close up now, but at the same time there's no rush to do so (but don't count on them being open). If you want to order, do it now. :)

Thank you everyone for the support so far, I hope the kits unlikely to make it aren't deal breaker for a lot of people - we really tried.

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 02 January 2020, 14:28:54 »
How many spacebars are we short? That's one that really needs to make it.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #136 on: Thu, 02 January 2020, 17:01:51 »
How many spacebars are we short? That's one that really needs to make it.

Unclear right now, spacebars aren't out of the question yet!

Offline Radon86

• Radon86
    • Rn86's YT Channel
« Reply #137 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 07:38:06 »
That's a real bummer, the first thing that got me into the set was the cyrillics. I really like the Bosnian-Serbian-Croatian language and I would like to learn it someday. I know they mostly use latin but the south-slavic cyrillic alphabet is really special. I'm not sure how I would feel if I'd only get the base set, I hope for all the best...

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 08:58:51 »
How many "Zastava" sets would need to be purchased to reach MOQ at this point? Haven't seen a numbers update since Dec 19. Would be a shame not to produce that. Also, has Kono piped up saying they're buying any of these to MOQ?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 14:00:55 »
Yes, having some numbers before the GB would be nice so people can buy a few extra kits if needed.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 15:29:38 »
An update on numbers would be helpful

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 21:48:31 »
How many "Zastava" sets would need to be purchased to reach MOQ at this point? Haven't seen a numbers update since Dec 19. Would be a shame not to produce that. Also, has Kono piped up saying they're buying any of these to MOQ?

Spacebars made it! This means capitalism, spacebars and base are made together with the deskmat and artisans!

Zastava needs more than half. Numpad needs 40. These two likely won't make it.

« Reply #142 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 21:56:04 »
Ok well to have a full kit, one needs the numpad. I’d be willing to buy a 2-3 more, and if 10-15 ppl join me we can hit MOQ for that as well. Maybe the Cyrillics don’t make it (though I like them a lot).

Sent-by-an-iPerson using Tapatalk

Offline lakeboredom

Re: [GB] GMK Yugo | GB closed
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 02:05:19 »
Great news about spacebars! Congrats everyone :)

Offline Radon86

• Radon86
    • Rn86's YT Channel
« Reply #144 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 22:48:55 »
When will we have the updated numbers? Especially for zastava and the other sets that aren't going to make it. Also, for kits that doesn't work out, when will we be receiving the refund?

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #145 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 06:00:45 »
When will we have the updated numbers? Especially for zastava and the other sets that aren't going to make it. Also, for kits that doesn't work out, when will we be receiving the refund?

We're doing our best but GMK is stuffed with work so thing flow really slowly. As soon as we have any info we're post update here. Sorry guys for all the waiting but we're doing our best to make Zastava and everything else happend and figure something out. Thanks for all support  ;D

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #146 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 09:49:39 »
I'm back from CES. Final numbers given to Dvorcol.

For people with cancelled kits, you'll be able to cancel your orders.

Let's get this show on the road! :)

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

« Reply #147 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 10:25:35 »
So, if kits are mentioned, I guess, Zastava didn't make it? Cause AFAIK main kits (45 and Capitalism) made it, Cabrio was approved after GB end and Zastava was the only cliffhanger.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 January 2020, 10:30:38 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #148 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 10:28:11 »
Zastava not making it would be criminal, albeit expected.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #149 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 11:10:09 »
I will follow Zastava up this coming week and let you know ASAP, but it's grim.
Consider numpad kit dead.