Author Topic: Keycap materials  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Sagii

• Time to bust some nails
Keycap materials
« on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 17:04:13 »
Okey.. so now I've been using the HHKB Pro 2 for about three weeks or something around there, and I've really come to the conclusion that I really don't like the PBT material the keycaps are made out of.. I also dont like the high profile, and would much more prefer a lowprofile keyboard (I know that''s almost impossible when talking about mechanical keyboard ), but that's for another time. What I'm here to ask is this: does anyone know what material the Razer Lycosa keycaps are made out of? I assume ABS, but I simply don't know. I've come to realise I love the keycap feel of the razer lycosa I've got (bear in mind these are reaaaaaally well broken in), and that the keycaps of the HHKB feels too "slippery" for some reason. Anyone got any input? :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 July 2014, 17:08:16 by Sagii »

Offline Fnzzy

Re: Keycap materials
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 17:10:14 »
I would assume ABS. Also, the caps on the lycosa are slightly rubberized if I remember that right, which would explain your "slippery" feeling.

Offline Sagii

• Time to bust some nails
Re: Keycap materials
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 17:13:30 »
I would assume ABS. Also, the caps on the lycosa are slightly rubberized if I remember that right, which would explain your "slippery" feeling.

Yeah. they are definitely rubberized.. thing is though, the slippery feeling is on the HHKB, not the lycosa :))