Author Topic: What should I do with these?  (Read 71443 times)

Offline i3oilermaker

• techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
What should I do with these?
« on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 23:27:33 »
I have 4 extra turquoise alpha sets from the Miami Set.

What should I do with them?

BTW there is 1 full base set left in stock so if you were waiting, buy now or forever silence your regrets.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Re: What should I do with these?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 23:28:47 »
give to me

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 23:31:18 »
Do a give away or GH benefit sale, make an abortion of a set combining them with some other mods, have a contest for how people would use them, turn them into cuff links or tie clasps or any other such paraphernalia, and so on.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 23:32:15 »
My wife destroys SP double shots so I will need a replacement for her Miami set. Hold one alpha for me if you can sell one and I will pay tomorrow. If I didn't have to be up in less than 5 hours I would handle it now.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 00:49:04 »
I'd go with what nubbs suggested :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline i3oilermaker

• techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 09:34:50 »
Actually looks pretty good with the Lily Mods - but I don't know if I want to bastardize lily sets...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 00:59:04 »
Countdown a couple of weeks until i3oiler posts to ask what he should do with a few sets of Lily alphas ... ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 01:37:43 »
My wife destroys SP double shots so I will need a replacement for her Miami set. Hold one alpha for me if you can sell one and I will pay tomorrow. If I didn't have to be up in less than 5 hours I would handle it now.
What does she do to them? Shine them quickly?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 02:50:36 »
I have 4 extra turquoise alpha sets from the Miami Set.

What should I do with them?

BTW there is 1 full base set left in stock so if you were waiting, buy now or forever silence your regrets.

Oh man that would go so well with my Hyperfuse Mods and GMK Cyan Spacebar, Id love alphas!  :p

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 01:34:23 »
My wife destroys SP double shots

Get her some PBT?