Author Topic: [IC] R2 SPACE65 - CyberVoyager (Livestream this Friday 7pm ET)  (Read 114931 times)

Offline crispy

Re: [IC]65%Keyboard SPACE65:Cybervoyager
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 14:34:53 »
I think the r2 top case is too flat/boring since the lines going around the board and molecule from r1 were removed. The only thing interesting is the badge

Offline cadrev

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 15:03:20 »
Just realized that there is no more carved line on the top of the case? That's a bit sad if its the official render. I liked the V1's carved lines. Gives it more character.

Offline Sorvar

« Reply #152 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 08:25:52 »
After lurking on these boards for some weeks I finnaly made an account.
I love the SPACE65 R2 and would love to get in to this GB. Any ideas when the GB will start?

Is there a good way to stay notified?

Cheers.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #153 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 08:31:08 »
Any updates?

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk
There will be a lot updates soon.

The new PCB prototype will be delivered to me tomorrow.

Thanks to Demos for adding ESD protection , as well as capacitance for LED protection, and updating the new LED scheme.

I will update some photos tomorrow :p

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #154 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 08:35:46 »
I think the r2 top case is too flat/boring since the lines going around the board and molecule from r1 were removed. The only thing interesting is the badge

Just realized that there is no more carved line on the top of the case? That's a bit sad if its the official render. I liked the V1's carved lines. Gives it more character.
:(
Because I want to pursue more changes and highlight the feeling of cyberpunk on Space65:Ceybervoyager.

So with these designs, I think a more concise front will highlight the delicacy of the badge.

I believe you will fall in love with this feeling

I will update some photos and test videos as soon as possible. ;D

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #155 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 08:38:03 »
+1 hotswap pcb
Sorry,there should be no hotswap PCB this time.

Offline kolyz

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 08:48:29 »
+1 hotswap pcb
Sorry,there should be no hotswap PCB this time.
Ah that's too bad :( can you perhaps add it as an extra?

Offline Sm0keWag0n

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 08:50:40 »

Ah that's too bad :( can you perhaps add it as an extra?

That would likely require a redesign of the PCB. If it could be made available as an extra, then it could be made available as a normal option.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline cadrev

« Reply #158 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 10:34:49 »

:(
Because I want to pursue more changes and highlight the feeling of cyberpunk on Space65:Ceybervoyager.

So with these designs, I think a more concise front will highlight the delicacy of the badge.

I believe you will fall in love with this feeling

I will update some photos and test videos as soon as possible. ;D

Ohhh ok, looking forward to the photos with keycaps included. Fell in love at first sight with the v1 partly due to the awesome renders with keycaps on the GB post, sadly I came too late in this hobby to join the GB :)

Offline of_sam

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 11:54:59 »
Bring the molecule back  :-[
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 12:12:42 »
Bring the molecule back  :-[
Liking the badge :)

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 19:03:15 »
These are just my opinions. On the weight I guess I personally would prefer "Cybervoyager" to "graystudio", similar to how the first Space65 had "Voyager 1" on the back weight. I will probably join the GB but I think small tweaks could make the keyboard better/perfect.

Also, an outrun-style color scheme would seem to fit this keyboard. Some recent sets like GMK Night Runner and GMK Future Funk, not to mention Laser, might be an inspiration for colors.

In terms of the top plate being plain, without the logo or inset, I am kind of torn now, as a clean look is nice, too.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 March 2020, 19:05:08 by iliketimex »

Offline thornkin

« Reply #162 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 21:09:38 »
I too miss the lines on the top of the v1.  I am probably still in if the purple makes the cut. Would be a great fit for laser.

Offline Starius

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 22:23:10 »
Also, an outrun-style color scheme would seem to fit this keyboard. Some recent sets like GMK Night Runner and GMK Future Funk, not to mention Laser, might be an inspiration for colors.

And perhaps grey and purple scheme to match something like MT3 SNES too. 

Offline Domantas

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 09:31:27 »
Make it burgundy color, per key rgb and with bluetooth. Hotswap would be nice but not neccesary
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 March 2020, 09:59:06 by Domantas »

Offline Sm0keWag0n

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 10:10:38 »
Make it burgundy color, per key rgb and with bluetooth. Hotswap would be nice but not neccesary
Burgundy is the only one of those things that might have the possibility of happening.

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 10:20:16 »
Your demands won't be met here. No premium boards will use Bluetooth and there is good reasoning for it.

Offline BIGTUNAA

• Matt
« Reply #167 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 12:03:10 »
Any idea of a rough lunch date? (month?)

P.s If I missed it somewhere, sorry.

Offline agingbones

« Reply #168 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 12:53:13 »
These are just my opinions. On the weight I guess I personally would prefer "Cybervoyager" to "graystudio", similar to how the first Space65 had "Voyager 1" on the back weight. I will probably join the GB but I think small tweaks could make the keyboard better/perfect.

In terms of the top plate being plain, without the logo or inset, I am kind of torn now, as a clean look is nice, too.
I completely agree with these points. Would be awesome if Cybervoyager was on the back and if there was an outrun/laser color scheme. I'm not a keyboard designer by any means, but maybe having the ability to change the accent colors would be really cool.

Offline vanillasoap

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 02:37:41 »
I registered because I want to buy SPACE65 R2

I want to join GB. When will it start?

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #170 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 09:53:37 »
Your demands won't be met here. No premium boards will use Bluetooth and there is good reasoning for it.

Just out of curiosity, what is the reasoning? I mean I prefer to use cool cables but not knowing much about board manufacture I'm curious.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #171 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 09:55:12 »

Just out of curiosity, what is the reasoning? I mean I prefer to use cool cables but not knowing much about board manufacture I'm curious.
Aluminium chassis block the Bluetooth signals.

Offline Starius

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 10:05:53 »

Plus, you can’t get a Bluetooth battery shipped with your keyboard kit from China. You’ll have to find one yourself. 

Last time I did that and got a battery off Amazon, I almost  burned a hole through my PCB into my table.

Kind of puts you off the experience.

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #173 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 19:58:39 »
Why only have a cut out for light on only one side? Wouldn’t it look better with it on both sides (and I do mean the side not the top badge)

Offline Sm0keWag0n

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 20:05:14 »
Why only have a cut out for light on only one side? Wouldn’t it look better with it on both sides (and I do mean the side not the top badge)
"Better" is subjective. This is one of the few boards that uses asymmetry as part of its unique design. The first version also had the cut-out only on the left and it was extremely popular, so a lot of people think it looks great like that.

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #175 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 20:16:42 »
Still think 2 cut outs would be awesome

Offline abellp327

« Reply #176 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 21:33:17 »
In for this. Think this will be my first 65 build  :)

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #177 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 08:26:43 »
I registered because I want to buy SPACE65 R2

I want to join GB. When will it start?
At the end of March, I'll be as soon as possible.
These days, I'm preparing the prototype photos.
And make some more appropriate collocations. :D

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #178 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 08:28:40 »
Still think 2 cut outs would be awesome
I prefer the design on one side, which is more unique :D

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #179 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 08:31:39 »

Plus, you can’t get a Bluetooth battery shipped with your keyboard kit from China. You’ll have to find one yourself. 

Last time I did that and got a battery off Amazon, I almost  burned a hole through my PCB into my table.

I will design a batter slot,for upgrade later, and really the most headache is the battery delivery problem.

Offline nirvana549

« Reply #180 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 09:40:09 »

I will design a batter slot,for upgrade later, and really the most headache is the battery delivery problem.
Bluetooth and hotswap would be a nice touch +1 definitely interested..

Offline soloplayer

Re: [IC]65%Keyboard SPACE65:Cybervoyager(Update PCB and some photos)
« Reply #181 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 10:54:06 »
just no hot-swap and bluetooth. for me your original design is already the best. definitely cant miss this !!
some questions: any vendor for this GB? any chance for e-white or e-yellow?

Offline Pach

« Reply #182 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 11:02:40 »
Just found out about this. Very interested.
How will the buy be run? Google forms, unlimited spots? How long will the buy stay open?
Will there be extra back weights or badges available?

Offline GigaFlop

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 12:16:28 »
Call me interested, I've had both JTK Toxic and GMK Mitolet sitting around for something to go with. Split backspace is always a plus.
Oh god why did my wallet get so thin

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #184 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 12:32:37 »
Call me interested, I've had both JTK Toxic and GMK Mitolet sitting around for something to go with. Split backspace is always a plus.
Yeah toxic gang! What colors do you think will match

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #185 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 22:08:53 »

I completely agree with these points. Would be awesome if Cybervoyager was on the back and if there was an outrun/laser color scheme. I'm not a keyboard designer by any means, but maybe having the ability to change the accent colors would be really cool.
I tried this...
 It's true that cybervoyager looks better :D

Offline Simen

« Reply #186 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 03:06:37 »
Really cool :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Draic

« Reply #187 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 05:30:40 »
I tried this...

I will never buy a keyboard with visible branding (so anywhere else but on the underside) and I know I am not alone. Changing the next would be good (I'd still prefer no text at all though).

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #188 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 09:58:24 »

I tried this...
Show Image

I feel you should delay the fb till at least May. Lot of people would not be comfortable to financially pay in the situation we are in right now.

I hope you consider this, I will be out probably if it runs now sadly.

Offline Taicho

« Reply #189 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 13:08:40 »
I tried this...

I will never buy a keyboard with visible branding (so anywhere else but on the underside) and I know I am not alone. Changing the next would be good (I'd still prefer no text at all though).

I get that these things are a "to each his own" type of thing. But if that's what keeps you out of buying a board, that's a really crappy reason. Someone put a lot of time and effort into designing a board, and you're down on the board because they want people to know who made it, or what it's called? Do you not buy cereal/milk/water/etc. if the brand is on the front of the packaging either?

Offline ironchefmichi

« Reply #190 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 13:12:36 »
sorry if i missed this, but what are the color options for the weights + badges? and will we be able to mix and match however we want?

Offline Hellenic94

« Reply #191 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 17:54:45 »
Getting closer to the end of march! Cant wait! Purple/Green you are mine!

Offline geezeus

« Reply #192 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 02:06:11 »
I was always interested in the Space65 v1, so the stars aligned for this drop!

Offline PantoneC

« Reply #193 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 02:44:25 »
airpotter what is going on with the top right screw in that place is it a design choice to be not the same as left top screw? And like round 1 the pads cover the top screws, I know not a lot will re-open the case when built but be nice to have pad's or screws in spots that allow to be re-opened or at-least maybe link size of pads to buy to replace them. Round 2 is looking great otherwise  :thumb:.

Offline Sm0keWag0n

« Reply #194 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 02:55:07 »
airpotter what is going on with the top right screw in that place is it a design choice to be not the same as left top screw? And like round 1 the pads cover the top screws, I know not a lot will re-open the case when built but be nice to have pad's or screws in spots that allow to be re-opened or at-least maybe link size of pads to buy to replace them. Round 2 is looking great otherwise  :thumb:.
Just trim the pads to allow access to the screws? Really easy to do with a hole punch.

Offline platypusduck

« Reply #195 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 09:47:58 »
Will the new PCB be compatible with R1? If so, would it be possible to buy just the PCB?

Offline thunderthighs

« Reply #196 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 11:51:55 »
dang the board is looking real good!

can't wait for more prototype updates.

Offline Hawksmoor

« Reply #197 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 11:54:27 »
Will the new PCB be compatible with R1? If so, would it be possible to buy just the PCB?
He’s said in the tread already that R2 PCBs are compatible with R1. He didn’t say specifically that it will be possible to buy the PCB but would imagine so 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline platypusduck

« Reply #198 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 12:01:38 »
He’s said in the tread already that R2 PCBs are compatible with R1. He didn’t say specifically that it will be possible to buy the PCB but would imagine so 

My bad, I must have missed that bit. Thanks! Hoping to get a PCB with ESD protection for my R1.
If the R2 plates are also backwards-compatible, I think I'll definitely be getting another one, too.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #199 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 22:24:41 »
 :thumb: :thumb: