Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4201406 times)

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #350 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 10:30:43 »
these people
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #351 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 10:37:17 »
It's been two days without something productive to do at work.

Boredom level rising exponentially, along with my rate of coffee consumption...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #352 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 14:48:20 »
Had to send my Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 back. Second time sending an AMD card back. So gonna purchase myself an EVGA GTX 770 4gb. Hopefully will be happy with it.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #353 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 15:36:18 »
Had to send my Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 back. Second time sending an AMD card back. So gonna purchase myself an EVGA GTX 770 4gb. Hopefully will be happy with it.

You will not be disappointed. I've been running mine on an old Samsung 305T Plus monitor and have been able to run all games at full rez no problem. Even Crysis 3 without AA.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #354 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 15:40:47 »
i have to do a presentation tomorrow

it's supposed to be 4 minutes
oh bajebuz i'm going to die
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #355 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 16:03:35 »

You will not be disappointed. I've been running mine on an old Samsung 305T Plus monitor and have been able to run all games at full rez no problem. Even Crysis 3 without AA.

Awesome!

However, my friend just found me an EVGA 780 Classified over at OCuK for £320 so hopefully he still has it when I get my refund. :D
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #356 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 16:37:56 »

You should do like a moment of silence for 3 minutes. Problem solved.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #357 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 17:47:31 »
Sometimes I worry about when the hair on my neck will meet the hair on my chest, and I won't know where to shave.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #358 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 07:04:50 »
Sometimes I worry about when the hair on my neck will meet the hair on my chest, and I won't know where to shave.

Just wait till part of it just start turning gray then you have to decide if you want to try and pull them out one by one or leave them alone.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #359 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 07:48:34 »
heartburn

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #360 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 10:54:19 »
heartburn

Too much spumoni.

Send it my way and your problems will disappear.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #361 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 13:15:51 »

You should do like a moment of silence for 3 minutes. Problem solved.

For me, it's often a bigger issue to cramp all the stuff I want to say into the given time.

Offline iri

« Reply #362 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 13:38:49 »
i made a decision: i just won't shave.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #363 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 13:41:34 »
i made a decision: i just won't shave.

+1

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #364 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 01:40:00 »

Just wait till part of it just start turning gray then you have to decide if you want to try and pull them out one by one or leave them alone.

You lose when there are more gray than dark hairs.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #365 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 21:05:20 »
Beer ****s

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #366 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 21:54:52 »
What's bothering me is the fact that nothing is bothering me.

Oh, wait, that is bothering me.

knvmthxbai
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #367 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 15:03:20 »
Beer ****s

hahaha, been there brother, you hang in there.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #368 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 16:16:45 »
i have this weird pain/sensation when i move certain ways and my ballsack gets low.  it is really weird and has been going on for like a week or so. i dont know what to think.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #369 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 16:19:12 »
i have this weird pain/sensation when i move certain ways and my ballsack gets low.  it is really weird and has been going on for like a week or so. i dont know what to think.

Either you haven't been masturbating enough or something is very wrong down there, take a trip to the doctor.

I know from experience.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #370 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 20:37:43 »

Testicular torsion?

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #371 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 12:07:34 »
paypal, and the scumbags on ebay.

ok, to be honest, experience shows that the large majority of ebay people are good.

but there is a sufficiently large number of sellers who, to put it charitably, like to exaggerate or who are intentionally careless with their descriptions.

filling complaints is a waste of time and energy, not to mention return shipping is costly.

this drives me nuts.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #372 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 12:10:25 »
you know...

raves have always bothered me.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #373 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 12:29:45 »
Depression. Been pretty bad the past couple days...

It's getting to the point where I'm sending myself emails of my own thought process just so I don't go insane holding it all back.

It's two years ago all over again...

tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #374 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 12:45:54 »

It's getting to the point where I'm sending myself emails of my own thought process just so I don't go insane holding it all back.

Sorry to hear that, man.  I've found that getting outside can help, I try to walk my son to school every day, and the break from the daily grind really sweeps out the mental cobwebs.  Not sure that's a feasible solution for everyone, but figured I'd offer a suggestion that's worked for me.

Going to the gym helps my outlook as well, but it's tough to block out the time. 

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #375 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 14:03:29 »

I have two simple solutions that usually work when I start to feel depressed...

A: Despite how down you feel about your situation try to realize that you have a better live than the majority of the worlds population, so feel grateful and happy, accept live and enjoy it!
B: Find cause/source of depression -> Eliminate/Fight/Counter it until succeeding
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 May 2014, 23:14:29 by TheSoulhunter »

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #376 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 14:10:15 »

I have two simple solutions that usually work when I start to feel depressed...

A: Despite how down you feel about your situation try to realize that you have a better live than the majority of the worlds population, so feel grateful and happy, accept live and enjoy it!
B: Find cause/source of depression -> Eliminated/Fight/Counter it until succeeding

I'm actually surprised how much this whole emailing myself thing is helping. Plus posting here...

As for option A: that only helps for about 7 seconds, then I'm back to square one...

It's just annoying. I was perfectly fine for the past like 6 months; I was happy, I felt like life was finally going in a direction I could live with, I didn't worry about much of anything, etc. Then BAM! The ex-gf walks back into my life... (aka THE CAUSE)

tp thread is tp thread

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #377 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 14:45:59 »
Looking for a full time job is really getting to me, I work 2 jobs right now, one contract, one full time little above minimum wage really hard to find a decent full time job, trying to go to back to school but need to pay rent + insurance, and all other lovely bills, just is a downer
In the process of my custom Zombie board
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #378 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 16:14:36 »

I've been there, friend. In fact, I'm there often, as I've got the **** end of the stick.

Start writing a journal, it helped me immensely. I'd send you pics of mine but I like the privacy I get by writing in there. It doesn't even need to be full sentences, just put words/pictures on paper. Pretend that you're writing a letter to an imaginary friend, or a friend who has now passed. Hell you can pretend you're writing to Stalin for all I care, just document your thoughts on paper, not on a computer.

And don't do anything stupid. We like having you around here. I don't know what happened 2 years ago, but you'll handle it better this time.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #379 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 17:33:50 »

I've been there, friend. In fact, I'm there often, as I've got the **** end of the stick.

Start writing a journal, it helped me immensely. I'd send you pics of mine but I like the privacy I get by writing in there. It doesn't even need to be full sentences, just put words/pictures on paper. Pretend that you're writing a letter to an imaginary friend, or a friend who has now passed. Hell you can pretend you're writing to Stalin for all I care, just document your thoughts on paper, not on a computer.

And don't do anything stupid. We like having you around here. I don't know what happened 2 years ago, but you'll handle it better this time.

I'll be fine, I really do appreciate all the concerns. The journal idea seems to be working quite a bit, although for me, handwriting one is not really an option (even though it's not exactly necessary, I'd like to be able to read what I'm writing).

I like to pretend I'm writing a captain's personal log. I even started it off, "Personal Log, [date]".

tp thread is tp thread

Offline iri

« Reply #380 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 04:31:36 »
The ex-gf walks back into my life... (aka THE CAUSE)
ah. so you are just in a bad mood. not really a clinical depression.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline mickyman

« Reply #381 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 04:45:10 »
Not being able to type faster after practicing for months now.
Poker II /w blues         Ergodox /w blues

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #382 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 05:22:51 »
Typing slowly because my hands are too cold.

Also typing becuase EVERY SINGLE TIME, including on the first line of this port.

Offline iri

« Reply #383 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 05:33:01 »
it's still less awful than "seperate"

-Ray Bradbury

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #384 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 07:16:08 »
The ex-gf walks back into my life... (aka THE CAUSE)
ah. so you are just in a bad mood. not really a clinical depression.

It's a combo of both. I have a genetic predisposition for anxiety and depression (thanks mom) and situations like this bring it to the surface.

Woke up feeling considerably better today.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline iri

« Reply #385 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 08:16:47 »
It's a combo of both.
that's something new to me.
anyways, if you are sick, you need to see the doctor and take your meds.

-Ray Bradbury

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #386 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 08:22:11 »

That's a horribly insensitive thing to say.

Work on your bedside manner...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #387 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 08:45:20 »
Why was one of the funnest threads on this forum closed?

Offline iri

« Reply #388 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 08:47:09 »

excuse me? clinical depression is a disease. you do know what people do when they have diseases, don't you?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #389 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 08:50:31 »

demik's back

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #390 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 08:53:52 »

excuse me? clinical depression is a disease. you do know what people do when they have diseases, don't you?

I HAVE CLINICAL DEPRESSION, I'VE HAD IT FOR YEARS, SO UNLESS YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT MY MENTAL STATE THAN I DO, STFU.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline iri

« Reply #391 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 08:58:08 »
well then, i hope you recover.

-Ray Bradbury

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #392 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 09:07:36 »
well then, i hope you recover.

Thank you.

Was that so hard?
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 May 2014, 09:12:01 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread

Offline iri

« Reply #393 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 09:24:20 »
i did that all the time :P

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #394 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 17:03:34 »

"The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

What was the thread?

Offline Usarise

« Reply #395 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 17:11:34 »
I have a calculus 2/3 final tomorrow and even though I redid my previous exams I still feel nervous about it. :I

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #396 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 17:16:54 »

"The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

What was the thread?

It was demik's 'thread about nothing'.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #397 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 17:17:25 »

What was the thread?

Seems the thread has finally achieved its goal...

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #398 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 17:30:19 »

What was the thread?

Seems the thread has finally achieved its goal...

Too soon.

RIP "thread about nothing"
tp thread is tp thread

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #399 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 18:07:04 »
Can hardly move my left wrist but I have a paper due tomorrow, project on Friday, etc.
I love Elzy