Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4202081 times)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #450 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 19:06:57 »
Mishmash of DE dyesub and 75% layout is not fun >:D

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #451 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 08:56:12 »
Mishmash of DE dyesub and 75% layout is not fun >:D
This is why I say to people to stay away from 75%, it is just not worth it
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #452 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 08:59:40 »
Job hunting is hard. Writing separate cover letters is stupid :(

Seriously? When I was applying for my job, I stopped writing cover letters. It's a waste of time, at least in the industry I'm in.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #453 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 09:15:13 »

Seriously? When I was applying for my job, I stopped writing cover letters. It's a waste of time, at least in the industry I'm in.

I completely agree.  If you feel you need something to help your resume stand out, add a Key Accomplishments or something similar to the top of the first page, and make sure the terms you include relate to the position being applied for.

I've only submitted cover letters when the ad called for it, but I always tailor my resume for each submission.  Go through the job posting, decide if any of the criteria relate to your experience, and use the exact same terms in your resume.  Most resumes are filtered by a cadre of HR staff who know nothing about the actual job specifics, they're only looking for a percent match on key word filters. 

And research the company you're looking at via LinkedIn, you might find a 2nd/3rd-order connection to someone you know.  Six degrees of separation, and all that.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #454 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 13:53:01 »
It's a combo of both. I have a genetic predisposition for anxiety and depression (thanks mom) and situations like this bring it to the surface.
I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't run in my family also. How would you test for it? It might be worth checking out. If it was confirmed in my family, it would explain a great deal.

Offline Kayliss

« Reply #455 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 12:56:06 »
Finally getting some health issues on track/scheduled to be taken care of, happy.  Go back to the doctor this week for something unrelated, get poked prodded and have a bunch of tests, calls me back at 6pm last night to tell me it's cancer. Not sure what to think now, anyway bothered.  :p

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #456 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 12:57:47 »
Finally getting some health issues on track/scheduled to be taken care of, happy.  Go back to the doctor this week for something unrelated, get poked prodded and have a bunch of tests, calls me back at 6pm last night to tell me it's cancer. Not sure what to think now, anyway bothered.  :p

I'm very sorry to hear that. :( I wish you the best of luck.

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #457 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 15:49:46 »
Can someone help me.

So I know how to put the LEDs on the KBTalking Pure I received but each time I put them on, it activates a certain switch like makes BS to DLT. Is there anyway I can put the LEDs on without activating switch 0, 1, 2 or 3?
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #458 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 15:53:38 »
Got suspended from school.

Apparently they take computer security a lot more seriously than I thought.

:-[

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #459 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 15:54:58 »

wait what
dafuk did you do
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #460 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 15:57:20 »

Aw, jeeze...  Sorry to hear that.  I hope it's one that responds well to treatment.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #461 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 16:03:38 »
Been there. Have you seen Homeland when Claire Danes' character had a manic episode in the first season? That is precisely how I felt for a whole week after I had got the news about mine.
I hope that yours is something that can be treated easily and that it hasn't spread.

BTW. I'm having my 3rd year check since the op, a CT-scan tomorrow morning. I'm always a bit more worried about my health now than before, and I am ready for bad news. That episode changed me.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 May 2014, 16:14:34 by Findecanor »

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #462 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 16:05:34 »

wait what
dafuk did you do

I wrote a program that would make the disk drive on the computer open and close until you turned off the computer or killed the program in task manager, and I ran it on this teacher's computer. He got SUPER mad and this kid snitched on me.

So then, they looked at my student account to see if I had committed any other computer-related offenses and they saw that I had attempted to use a proxy to get around the web filtering they have on the network, which is also against the rules, but they never check your activity so I thought I would be fine. I was just trying to see if it would work.

They've been having lots cyber-related offenses lately, so they normally wouldn't suspend for what I did. Also, they only have 1 category for all computer offenses, so it would be the same punishment if I had gone on a teacher's computer and changed my grades. Kinda silly if you ask me, but I learned that they don't **** around with computers now.

But, this is obviously my fault and was foolish of me. I shouldn't have been doing that on a school computer.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #463 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 16:07:05 »

My condolences for you sir. I hope it is minor, and can be treated effectively.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #464 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 16:11:35 »

wait what
dafuk did you do

I wrote a program that would make the disk drive on the computer open and close until you turned off the computer or killed the program in task manager, and I ran it on this teacher's computer. He got SUPER mad and this kid snitched on me.

So then, they looked at my student account to see if I had committed any other computer-related offenses and they saw that I had attempted to use a proxy to get around the web filtering they have on the network, which is also against the rules, but they never check your activity so I thought I would be fine. I was just trying to see if it would work.

They've been having lots cyber-related offenses lately, so they normally wouldn't suspend for what I did. Also, they only have 1 category for all computer offenses, so it would be the same punishment if I had gone on a teacher's computer and changed my grades. Kinda silly if you ask me, but I learned that they don't **** around with computers now.

But, this is obviously my fault and was foolish of me. I shouldn't have been doing that on a school computer.
bill nye is becoming a badass (it was kind of a foolish thing to do but still hella cool  :thumb: )

THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #465 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 16:13:39 »

wait what
dafuk did you do

bill nye is becoming a badass (it was kind of a foolish thing to do but still hella cool  :thumb: )
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Haha, gave me a good laugh. So far, I don't think the life of crime is for me.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #466 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 16:15:39 »

wait what
dafuk did you do

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

How about the life of a practical prankster?
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #467 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 16:16:43 »

wait what
dafuk did you do

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Meh, I may be more suited for this, but I need to work on making them less traceable.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #468 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 16:20:06 »

wait what
dafuk did you do

Pfffft... you're school administration needs to get a sense of humor.

I used to run endless loop programs on my school computers all the time. I made one called "virus.java" that continuously made threatening popups until you ended the program in task manager. My teacher found it amusing. As did my classmates.

Still think that program is somewhere on the schools servers...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #469 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 16:24:14 »

wait what
dafuk did you do

Pfffft... you're school administration needs to get a sense of humor.

I used to run endless loop programs on my school computers all the time. I made one called "virus.java" that continuously made threatening popups until you ended the program in task manager. My teacher found it amusing. As did my classmates.

Still think that program is somewhere on the schools servers...

Yea haha that's what I was thinking.

But I understand why they can't tolerate something like this.

Last year my friend wrote a program that do the same thing, and it was quite amusing. It was better to do it to students, because we can't use task manager so you had to log out and then log back into the computer.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #470 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 16:42:53 »

What's your field?

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #471 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 16:56:29 »

wait what
dafuk did you do

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Meh, I may be more suited for this, but I need to work on making them less traceable.
*warning this post may be a pile of random babble **** because I haven't slept enough in the last two weeks*
here's what I would do if I were to do a computer prank at my school: before lunch I'd make sure to leave a window unlocked but closed, so during lunch I tell my friends I'm going to the toilet so they won't care to look when I leave, then climb in the window. When there, replace a file you know is going to used during next class by the teacher with a sneaky .bat file or something else with the icon of the original files, and of course we have file extensions hidden so they can't see it. What the executed command does is up to you ;)
I used to make "corrupt" documents back in 7th grade as well as an infinite popup, but now they're infinitely more *****y about everything so I haven't done anything just yet... I want to squeeze in one prank before the school year ends, an alt-code empty space as a file name and change the file sorting to make it invisible :3

i really want to get more into (relatively) innocent computer messing, ddosing and all that **** is reserved for the people who deserve to be amputated

*oops school mischief stuff and other things below but hey why not*
Password acquisition at my school is relatively easy, we have a ****ing stupid list of all passwords, so tell the teacher you're changing your password, then have a cheeky look when they ask you to write it down for you to look at if you forget it

BTW, learn the alphabet in webdings or something if you have anything remotely similar so nobody can mess with your ****, I should do that when I stop being ill and get back to school, I don't want people replacing my file names with "i am gay" or something.
Of course I could replace their presentation with a redirect to "german scheisse porn" through a proxy or something in that case  :rolleyes: well I guess it would be really easy to figure out who did it, afaik mischievous nerds/geeks (that have some idea of what they're doing instead of talking about it all the time to look cool) tend to come individually  :p

still I'd never SEVERELY abuse my small amount of comput0r powar
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #472 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 16:58:07 »

wait what
dafuk did you do

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

*warning this post may be a pile of random babble **** because I haven't slept enough in the last two weeks*
here's what I would do if I were to do a computer prank at my school: before lunch I'd make sure to leave a window unlocked but closed, so during lunch I tell my friends I'm going to the toilet so they won't care to look when I leave, then climb in the window. When there, replace a file you know is going to used during next class by the teacher with a sneaky .bat file or something else with the icon of the original files, and of course we have file extensions hidden so they can't see it. What the executed command does is up to you ;)
I used to make "corrupt" documents back in 7th grade as well as an infinite popup, but now they're infinitely more *****y about everything so I haven't done anything just yet... I want to squeeze in one prank before the school year ends, an alt-code empty space as a file name and change the file sorting to make it invisible :3

i really want to get more into (relatively) innocent computer messing, ddosing and all that **** is reserved for the people who deserve to be amputated

*oops school mischief stuff and other things below but hey why not*
Password acquisition at my school is relatively easy, we have a ****ing stupid list of all passwords, so tell the teacher you're changing your password, then have a cheeky look when they ask you to write it down for you to look at if you forget it

BTW, learn the alphabet in webdings or something if you have anything remotely similar so nobody can mess with your ****, I should do that when I stop being ill and get back to school, I don't want people replacing my file names with "i am gay" or something.
Of course I could replace their presentation with a redirect to "german scheisse porn" through a proxy or something in that case  :rolleyes: well I guess it would be really easy to figure out who did it, afaik mischievous nerds/geeks (that have some idea of what they're doing instead of talking about it all the time to look cool) tend to come individually  :p

still I'd never SEVERELY abuse my small amount of comput0r powar

I mean, all I would do is screen cap the desktop, set that as a wallpaper and delete all the icons and hide the task bar...  lol

Offline Kayliss

« Reply #473 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 14:45:36 »
Thanks for the well wishes Riot Tarzan Findecanon and Billnye. I'm having surgery on Wednesday (at Peter mac for anyone familiar :p ). It will be the longest I've been in the city in my entire life.  :))

Findecanon I know how you feel my head is still spinning a bit, good luck with your scans I hope you get the all clear and all remains well with you.  :-*

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #474 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 19:41:26 »
When things get stuck at sorting facilities for a long time. Especially when it's a clack  >:D

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #475 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 22:07:45 »
When things get stuck at sorting facilities for a long time. Especially when it's a clack  >:D

Or when things get stuck in customs for forever.  I found some affordable OG Cherry doubleshots, have some Alps-style switches, some unusual MX clone stems, some Kaihl/Kaihu switches, and some other things I think stuck in Chinese customs for like two or three weeks now.

Offline iri

« Reply #476 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 03:43:38 »
1) sweat. i can't believe how much sweat my body can produce.

2) that i can't shave my head (to help it chill) because mosquitoes will appear soon and they just love my tasty head above the hairline.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #477 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 05:30:54 »
The fact that many people say that a Topre keyboard is The Ultimate Rubber Dome keyboard, and the acronym for that is TURD keyboard :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #478 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 05:40:46 »
The fact that many people say that a Topre keyboard is The Ultimate Rubber Dome keyboard, and the acronym for that is TURD keyboard :(
holy ****
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #479 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 06:40:30 »

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #480 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 10:33:26 »
i still can't do this

THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #481 on: Wed, 21 May 2014, 12:24:32 »

(Attachment Link)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #482 on: Thu, 22 May 2014, 00:43:13 »
You know that thing when you breath and there's a little dried booger way up your nostril that makes a whistling sound everytime you breath in and all you gotta do is put a finger up there to dislodge it but there's a bunch of people looking at you and you just need to deal with your whistling nose for the next 45mins of a meeting?

There's gotta be a name for that

Offline intelli78

« Reply #483 on: Thu, 22 May 2014, 01:21:13 »

(Attachment Link)

Show Image

Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #484 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 17:24:09 »
im posting here because i cant find the talk about anything thread.

Who do I PM to get my name changed to "Wadeu" since "Foxer" is just an old tag that I no longer use.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #485 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 17:30:08 »
im posting here because i cant find the talk about anything thread.

Who do I PM to get my name changed to "Wadeu" since "Foxer" is just an old tag that I no longer use.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45155.msg941602#msg941602
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #486 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 17:32:50 »
Thanks, Rowdy. Appreciated.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #487 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 06:47:18 »
Forgot my breakfast at home.  >:(

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #488 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 06:49:06 »
When there is a mass shooting and people want to implement stricter gun control.  That is like making it harder to buy a car because people drive drunk.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #489 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 06:53:52 »
When there is a mass shooting and people want to implement stricter gun control.  That is like making it harder to buy a car because people drive drunk.
It's more like making it harder for someone to buy a car that has had multiple DUIs or a history of roadrage
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #490 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 06:56:29 »
It's more like making it harder for someone to buy a car that has had multiple DUIs or a history of roadrage

Gun control makes it more difficult, longer process, and more expensive on the retailer for anyone to buy a gun.  The ones that fail just can't buy one from a retail source.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #491 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 07:02:01 »
malwarebytes keeps blocking outgoing traffic from skype that it reports as a malicious site and lists a foreign suspicious IP from a different country, and apparently this is something all skype users with malwarebytes can report
i've googled the issue but i've no idea what the deal with this is, and i'm wondering if i've already gotten infected after resetting my pc 2 days ago
i've downloaded avast, malwarebytes, steam, skype and uplay after i reset my pc... i got a random request on skype that i declined, can that do something since skype is p2p?
i may start a separate thread since i'm a dumbass
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #492 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 07:04:04 »
Can't we keep the guns, and somehow get rid of these super crazy people who keep shooting (and stabbing, beating) everyone?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #493 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 07:05:02 »
Can't we keep the guns, and somehow get rid of these super crazy people who keep shooting (and stabbing, beating) everyone?

I wish.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #494 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 07:06:10 »

It's obvious if people can't get guns they'll just use whatever else they have, since it is crazy people who do crazy things and not necessarily the guns they use. Mental health should be a higher priority instead of trying to control the rest of the population who are 'normal'.

Also I don't even own a gun but someday I would like to :D

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #495 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 07:06:49 »

#logic

tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline iri

« Reply #496 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 07:26:55 »
yes, we can.
once there's no more gun-free zones, once a vast majority of people start carrying and learn how to use what they carry, the "get rid" part becomes almost trivial.

I don't even own a gun
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 May 2014, 07:31:30 by iri »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #497 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 07:50:01 »
My eyes. They hurt badly.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #498 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 07:52:24 »

What's your field?

Engineering.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #499 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 10:16:19 »
performance anxiety