Author Topic: custom acrylic project - ideas for fabricators?  (Read 1171 times)

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
custom acrylic project - ideas for fabricators?
« on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 07:56:11 »
Hey, guys!
It's been awhile, for certain, but I got this idea from you folk, so I figure I should bring it up here. Who else would have an answer?

I apologize that this isn't a keyboard project, and if that's an issue, I can take this thread down.

So the project is for 7 sets of 150 small discs, about 3/4 inch diameter, made of three layers of acrylic sandwiched in two colors. Each set will have different colors sandwiched, and a different design.

The intent is to create custom tokens for the "A Game of Thrones" living card game. I figure this amount would get us closer to a reasonable cost per token, and I can sell some and give the rest away at tournaments and events.

I need the discs to have the design cut out so it reveals the second layer. I'm thinking cnc is our best bet there, and then I need the edges bevelled to cut into the second layer as well, to reveal a border around the token as seen from the front.

So I've got the idea, but I need to build blueprints to bring to a fabricator, and I need to find a fabricator.

I imagine lots of fabricators would work with you on the plans.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a fabricator?
"I seek a great warrior" - Luke Skywalker
"Great Warrior, Hmm? War does not make one great." - Master Jedi Yoda

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: custom acrylic project - ideas for fabricators?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 08:05:27 »
BigBlueSaw or Shapeways?

Edit: Acidfire might still be doing 3D printing/laser cutting as well.