Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 868352 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
« Reply #3100 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 00:25:58 »
well **** on a stick.  I just got updated shipping info and it went to my old address, even though I sent 2 emails to jchan and he said he got my change of address.  Word

Offline Quackles

« Reply #3101 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 02:25:00 »
It is great to see this back on track. I'm hoping they start responding to emails regarding problems with orders though.

Offline MojoBandit

« Reply #3102 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 07:09:54 »
well **** on a stick.  I just got updated shipping info and it went to my old address, even though I sent 2 emails to jchan and he said he got my change of address.  Word

Wait, did you get your shipping info in the mail that jchan sent you ? Mine just had the url to the USPS tracking site and I don't think there is a way to see the shipping address on the USPS page. I am kind of worried now because I too had to change my shipping address.  :(

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3103 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 07:23:09 »

Wait, did you get your shipping info in the mail that jchan sent you ? Mine just had the url to the USPS tracking site and I don't think there is a way to see the shipping address on the USPS page. I am kind of worried now because I too had to change my shipping address.  :(

Once it finally started moving it showed in transit “on its way to” my old address. Hopefully it will get forwarded. Most of my mail does, but the last keyboard that went there got lost in the mail. /fingerscrossed

Offline MojoBandit

« Reply #3104 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 10:32:55 »

Once it finally started moving it showed in transit “on its way to” my old address. Hopefully it will get forwarded. Most of my mail does, but the last keyboard that went there got lost in the mail. /fingerscrossed

Well I hope yours get forwarded. I'll keep an eye on the tracking page then.

Offline nerium

« Reply #3105 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 10:36:46 »
Order M65-A-319 here (with PCB upgrade).. I've been following this thread since last January and have been trying to be patient but this wait is getting a little ridiculous. I understand the risks of group buys (participated in many), the delays due to unanticipated personal/family issues as well as dealing with QC problems. These things happen. My biggest problem with this group buy is the lack of communication to participants and lack of details/clarity in the limited amount of communications that do go out. My second concern is the subsequent group buys that have come to fruition while not even having seen this one to completion. That's not OK. I'm sure all of this has been said many times before in this thread. We need answers, jchan. A semi-detailed breakdown of remaining boards with associated invoice numbers and a reasonable estimate of when they'll get shipped out is not asking too much; especially if there are less than 50 boards that remain. The boards that have been received do look great, so I hope this gets done for the remainder of us that have been more than patient throughout this process. I hope you understand (just as we have been understanding) our frustration, as we've had hundreds of dollars of our hard earned money tied up in this group buy for over a year at this point.

Please give us an update.
RAMA M60-A Mist w/ BOX Royals | RAMA M65-A Mist (unbuilt) | HHKB Pro 2 | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | CM Novatouch | Poker II w/ MX Clears | Pok3r w/ MX Blues | SA Godspeed | SA Industrial | SA Ice Caps | SA Modern Selectric | DSA Dolch | GMK 3Run | Hidden Labs Thermochromic | Hot Keys Project Neon Green + Neon Orange

Offline Malenky

« Reply #3106 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 11:48:15 »
I'm sad that the above poster's first post had to be that one, but I totally agree. No email reply, and every 'update' is basically just 'soon' with another excuse for delay.

Offline RubenMcNoobin

« Reply #3107 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 15:09:18 »
I'm sad that the above poster's first post had to be that one, but I totally agree. No email reply, and every 'update' is basically just 'soon' with another excuse for delay.

Yeah, it's interesting to see how something like this is a big enough issue to people that it brings out the voice in people.

I'm still waiting on any info at all about my order. I'm trying to keep my chin up about it and admire the posts of other M65-A owners. I'm going to have a hard time making time to build it though since I didn't expect it to be this long. I know I'd definitely be happier getting this board than getting a refund, but this whole thing has made me a sort of jaded. I know that finally getting this delivered won't have the same brilliance and awe as I first hoped for, but I'm determined to see this through until the end.

Silenced Novatouch           K70 RGB          Magicforce-68

Offline Troif

• Carpe Diem!!!
    • Daniel Ferrer
« Reply #3108 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 16:54:57 »
Ok... It has been too much now. Please inform me how to obtain a refund. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
--
Filco TKL Ninja Blues / CODE Greens / Pok3r Clears / HHKBpro2 / RF 87U 55g / Novatouch TKL / KC60 Clears / SSK and also regular Model M

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #3109 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 16:59:25 »
Ok... It has been too much now. Please inform me how to obtain a refund. Thanks.

If the buy runners are allowing users to swap their buys I will gladly take your spot if you don't want your board. What did you order?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3110 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 17:43:46 »

support@keyclack.com

Offline Malenky

« Reply #3111 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 18:16:24 »

support@keyclack.com

Good luck with that.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3112 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 21:24:32 »

support@keyclack.com

Good luck with that.

He's done it before.  Not sure if it's the situation now, but I didn't see anyone that didn't get their refund in a semi-prompt manner.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #3113 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 22:38:07 »
What't the 3M part number for the rubber feet?
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Atredl

[GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
« Reply #3114 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 00:06:03 »
I think I remember Jchan saying that they’re custom. It was one of the selling points when he was hyping up the GB.

Edit: I’d look for a quote but there are a lot of pages in this thread.

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #3115 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 04:55:38 »
 :blank:

« Last Edit: Sun, 14 January 2018, 16:43:44 by pon10 »

Offline dohmain

« Reply #3116 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 14:56:01 »

Yeah, it's interesting to see how something like this is a big enough issue to people that it brings out the voice in people.

I'm still waiting on any info at all about my order. I'm trying to keep my chin up about it and admire the posts of other M65-A owners. I'm going to have a hard time making time to build it though since I didn't expect it to be this long. I know I'd definitely be happier getting this board than getting a refund, but this whole thing has made me a sort of jaded. I know that finally getting this delivered won't have the same brilliance and awe as I first hoped for, but I'm determined to see this through until the end.

I know exactly what you mean. I got mine a few weeks ago and, man, was it bitter-sweet.
I've never waited with so much anticipation for a board before and was really hyped when jchan initially started shipping in the summer and I got everything ready for the build immediately. Assembled and lubed my frankenswitches, clipped and lubed my stabs, got my sip sockets ready, trimmed my LEDs, and got my hex ready to flash. I've been ready to solder for months now.

But when I got my board it was less excitement and more a feeling of relief, "Phew, at least I got what I paid for." I inspected the contents of the box and found two issues (1. machining line going across the back of the nylon bottom 2. USB port housing on PCB is bent) but I'm going to take care of these issues myself because it still seems like jchan is being flakey with communication/updates. Honestly, little disappointing since by my count (going off jchan's updates) my board should've gone through 3rounds of QC so I assumed I'd be getting something flawless.

After I inspected everything I put everything back in the box and kinda just didn't want to look at it anymore so it's sitting in the back of my closet right now.

I think I remember Jchan saying that they’re custom. It was one of the selling points when he was hyping up the GB.

Edit: I’d look for a quote but there are a lot of pages in this thread.

I recall the same. Also recall him giving a presentation at a meet somewhere and talking about how he had a massive email chain just about rubber feet.

Man, this is another thing I am disappointed by. Honestly, at some point jchan noticed that he didn't account for the extra bases but failed to inform any of us (at least those that bought an extra base) and just started shipping units. Then he failed to answer inquiries about the missing set of feet until asked about it several times. And when he finally addressed it the conclusion was we had to buy the extra feet because he forgot to account for the extra bases. I'd be less bothered if these weren't custom and I didn't have to wait for jchan to stock these and charge a premium for custom molded feet.

uhh, jchan, can I get a set of feet instead of my "free gift" whenever that happens?

Offline Valaris

« Reply #3117 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 21:12:41 »
Anyone know of a padded sleeve the m65 fits in for travel?

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #3118 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 21:34:37 »
Anyone know of a padded sleeve the m65 fits in for travel?
[/quote"]

"Specialee made" makes some really dope ones. There's custom options too if you wanna get creative~

Offline msilvv

« Reply #3119 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 23:53:15 »
Curious at this point as to what colors people who haven't received their boards yet ordered - I haven't seen a ton of the gold out in the wild yet, I know a poster above mentioned they ordered gold and still haven't received, and neither have I. It almost has to be some kind of anodization issue with the delay having gone on this long, but I'm wondering if certain colors were affected more than others.

To echo what the posters above have said, I'm done being disappointed or upset about the delays. I just want clarity about the situation and a realistic, HONEST timeline I can follow. It's now been 6 months past the original shipping estimates and almost a year (in two days) since I paid. I still have no doubt about receiving my board eventually, but this is really getting out of hand.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #3120 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 00:39:57 »
I'm waiting on gold, too.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #3121 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 01:00:42 »
Curious at this point as to what colors people who haven't received their boards yet ordered
Waiting on a space gray here.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #3122 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 06:17:35 »
Curious at this point as to what colors people who haven't received their boards yet ordered
Waiting on a space gray here.
my space gray is on it's way since wednesday

Offline adamcobabe

« Reply #3123 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 06:36:31 »
I'm waiting on a gold and a space gray. Please update, JChan.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #3124 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 06:45:12 »
waiting on silver

Offline RubenMcNoobin

« Reply #3125 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 07:28:04 »
I'm waiting on a Hydro Blue with nylon base.

Silenced Novatouch           K70 RGB          Magicforce-68

Offline Aesomatica

« Reply #3126 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 14:31:47 »
285: Gray, Nylon, Brass, QMK. It seems like we are getting ignored here.

Offline jjwax

« Reply #3127 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 21:21:06 »
186325-0

How come topre domes get this kind of detailed update, but m65's get diddly? Posted 30 minutes ago at the time of my posting
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 January 2018, 21:24:15 by jjwax »

Offline Madēo

« Reply #3128 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 05:33:47 »
Exactly one year ago I paid for the M-65.
The fact that some of us are still waiting today for the board to arrive is absolute bull****.

We almost never hear from Jchan.
No update, explanation, nothing.

And now he's active on other threads, busy with other group buys?
Wouldn't it make more sense to wrap this one up first?
Or at least give us a ****ing explanation as to why not?

Ffs Jchan, you're holding a business here, you have responsibilities...
Please give us something, and realistic - not some fake hope, white lie.

[Excuse the cursing]
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 January 2018, 05:38:12 by Madēo »

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #3129 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 07:36:43 »
At this point, JChan is probably just doing this on purpose so that people start asking for refunds, and he gets the easier way out of this GB.

Offline petrock

« Reply #3130 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 10:10:46 »
I am order 310.

8/2 - I receive tracking info
8/29 - I send JChan an email asking him why my tracking info never changed from "label created"
8/29 - JChan sends me an email saying that the package has been picked up by FedEx and he would look into it.
8/31 - I ask for an update.
9/8 - I ask for an update.
9/9 - JChan says that there is no news for me.
9/27 - I ask for an update.
10/7 - I ask for an update. I also ask if I should contact FedEx.
10/13 - I ask for an update. I also ask if I should make a claim with Fedex.
10/18 - JChan says that FedEx is giving them the run around. He says that they will send me a unit out of the extras.
11/4 - I email JChan telling him that at this point I be happy with any color other than Gold if it makes it any easier.

I've gotten no word from JChan about the status of the order. I haven't sent him anything else since because other than asking for a refund (which I'm not keen on doing) what else can I do? Am I even going to get a board? Can I even get a refund, he shipped me the board? Are there going to be extras? I just want a view of what else needs to be done to get the rest of a keyboards out.

What I really want is a break down of what is left. Something like;

10x have anodizing issues
3x have PCB issues
1x was lost in the mail
etc.

At least with this we could understand why there is a delay at this point. I'm going to wait it out but I am not what anyone would call happy about the situation.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 January 2018, 10:27:59 by petrock »

Offline Quackles

« Reply #3131 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 20:29:28 »
How come topre domes get this kind of detailed update, but m65's get diddly? Posted 30 minutes ago at the time of my posting

He is also still replying to people on that Instagram post, yet he can't do the same here.

Offline Aqoush

« Reply #3132 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 21:19:01 »
I need some help -- I messed up the pads on my U key, can anyone point me in the right direction on how to hot-wire it up?

« Reply #3133 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 07:33:45 »
I need some help -- I messed up the pads on my U key, can anyone point me in the right direction on how to hot-wire it up?

If you can post some detailed pics of what you did I'm sure someone in here can help!

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #3134 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 08:14:23 »
Hi everyone,

Happy new year, and I'm very sorry I've been away.

During winter, I was away in the mountains for a little while without signal, as per a family trip.

Over the break, a bunch of units came back from the manufacturer that were to replace issues that I found earlier (anodization issue update thing).

I'm just about done with inspecting all the new units, and found a few issues with a few of them already which is unfortunate.

--

Anyways, I've packed a bunch of units today and they'll be going out tomorrow.

We're almost there, and thanks for your patience.

--

Lastly, to note, I don't think I'm up for hosting another "group buy" for a while. I think it's just taken too much out of me.

Cheers and again, happy new years and again, thanks for your patience.

--

If anyone is interested, this is one of things I have to deal with at the moment, which really urks me.

Top piece (new replacements)

Bottom piece (old Hydro blue).

Show Image

Its mid January (2018) now? which really urks me.  :thumb:

Offline purrito

• mmm...spicy
« Reply #3135 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 15:50:27 »
Waiting on a space gray with brass. I'm not sure I even want the dang thing anymore, but I don't want to give jchan another extra to sell at a marked up price.

This is the last purchase from Keyclack for me, which is a real shame because I supported jchan back in the "selling cables through mechmarket" days. Sadly, I just can't recommend his business anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

GMK Carbon Zealios B.mini | Matias QC Let's Split | Overcast DSA Zealios Planck | DangerZone MX Red Pok3r

Offline Aqoush

« Reply #3136 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 20:31:37 »

If you can post some detailed pics of what you did I'm sure someone in here can help!

Not really too much to show, problem is all on the "U" key: https://i.imgur.com/bjPmwQM.jpg

I'm guessing I need to reconnect the column and row, not  too sure which pins to connect though.

Offline Aqoush

« Reply #3137 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 14:06:13 »

Not really too much to show, problem is all on the "U" key: https://i.imgur.com/bjPmwQM.jpg

I'm guessing I need to reconnect the column and row, not  too sure which pins to connect though.

Figured it out -- with some guesswork. Needed to manually make 3 connections.

For anyone who may run into this problem in the future: https://i.imgur.com/GdSYu4L.jpg.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #3138 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 15:52:48 »

Figured it out -- with some guesswork. Needed to manually make 3 connections.

For anyone who may run into this problem in the future: https://i.imgur.com/GdSYu4L.jpg.

Please don't take this as me bashing you, because it's not my intent, but you need to invest in better soldering gear and solder. Get some Kester 44 and a nice temp controlled iron like a Hakko. You heat damaged a number of vias including the one you had to jumper.

With some smart shopping you can get gear good enough to avoid this kind of damage in the future and spend less than $100 on it. For the price of some of these kits, it's cheap insurance.

« Reply #3139 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 16:00:54 »
Get some Kester 44

Would you mind linking this solder?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

« Reply #3141 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 16:43:51 »
Get some Kester 44

Would you mind linking this solder?

https://www.amazon.com/Kester-24-6337-0010-Rosin-Solder-SPOOL/dp/B00068IJWC

Thank you, I had found this but was thrown by the name starting 'Kester 24'. I have not been terribly satisfied with the solder I have been using so it's nice to have a recommendation

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #3142 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 06:13:22 »
We had an update at the beginning of December, then beginning of January. I guess we have to wait for February now, oh well.

Still probably about 45/448 left to ship.

I still remember JChan saying that we would get the keyboards in June.

Offline adamcobabe

« Reply #3143 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 06:30:05 »
June... 2018.

Offline Feivis

« Reply #3144 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 07:51:52 »
I am order 310.

8/2 - I receive tracking info
8/29 - I send JChan an email asking him why my tracking info never changed from "label created"
8/29 - JChan sends me an email saying that the package has been picked up by FedEx and he would look into it.
8/31 - I ask for an update.
9/8 - I ask for an update.
9/9 - JChan says that there is no news for me.
9/27 - I ask for an update.
10/7 - I ask for an update. I also ask if I should contact FedEx.
10/13 - I ask for an update. I also ask if I should make a claim with Fedex.
10/18 - JChan says that FedEx is giving them the run around. He says that they will send me a unit out of the extras.
11/4 - I email JChan telling him that at this point I be happy with any color other than Gold if it makes it any easier.

I've gotten no word from JChan about the status of the order. I haven't sent him anything else since because other than asking for a refund (which I'm not keen on doing) what else can I do? Am I even going to get a board? Can I even get a refund, he shipped me the board? Are there going to be extras? I just want a view of what else needs to be done to get the rest of a keyboards out.

What I really want is a break down of what is left. Something like;

10x have anodizing issues
3x have PCB issues
1x was lost in the mail
etc.

At least with this we could understand why there is a delay at this point. I'm going to wait it out but I am not what anyone would call happy about the situation.
Your tracking info still remain unchanged until now?

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Offline jjwax

« Reply #3145 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 11:52:38 »
I've been using my M65-A for about a month now, and today, it seems something went wonky with the pcb underglow. I've only got one green led on, and am unable to update the colors/flow via bootmapper client.  The keyboard is still functional/programmable via bootmapper, just the underglow settings seem shot

Any ideas?

186661-0

Offline imprevade

« Reply #3146 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 12:05:14 »
I've been using my M65-A for about a month now, and today, it seems something went wonky with the pcb underglow. I've only got one green led on, and am unable to update the colors/flow via bootmapper client.  The keyboard is still functional/programmable via bootmapper, just the underglow settings seem shot

Any ideas?

(Attachment Link)

I had some problems with my leds on the qmk version. It turned out that adding a little bit of solder to the contacts fixed the issue. If you're going to try this, I'd start with the ones next to the one that is working.

Hope this helps!

Offline breitling

« Reply #3147 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 22:31:56 »
Got mine today! Looks good, except got dinged $50 by customs :(

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3148 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 22:59:36 »

That's no fun.  I got mine as well.  Space gray with nylon base.  It's a good kit.  Just have to figure out how to reduce the static in my room better b/c it's so bad at the moment that I can't use any metal cases :(

I've been running a humidifier for 5 hours, wearing all cotton, still getting shocked occasionally on all of my metal cases.  Stupid atoms and their charges.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #3149 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 02:11:25 »
98 euros here :p
pls gief bbv2