Author Topic: [IC] Mercury Rocketeer  (Read 39713 times)

Offline TheNamesTy45

Re: [IC] Mercury Rocketeer
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 11:45:51 »
Ordered this right when it became available. The pricing on this is unbelievable for everything that comes with. Was expecting it to be about $200 more.

Offline zslane

« Reply #151 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 12:22:43 »
I expect it supports more layout like hhkb and has more kits which contains keys like 1.75u shift, 7u spacebar and more novelties keys like previous kit layout shows. Anyway, nice work!

My original goal was to make it possible for people to put their own boards in, and I had compatibility keycap kits and the like rendered and ready to go, but the MassDrop engineering team couldn't come up with an easy way to make USB routing to the back of the case simple and secure for other boards.

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 12:58:48 »
According to John.Yu on massdrop, the PCB uses the standard mounting hole pattern so theoretically you could cut your own plate and build your own adapter to use any 60% PCB you wanted. Massdrop probably just didn't want the headache of supporting that and I don't blame them.

Offline hansichen

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 15:38:24 »
According to John.Yu on massdrop, the PCB uses the standard mounting hole pattern so theoretically you could cut your own plate and build your own adapter to use any 60% PCB you wanted. Massdrop probably just didn't want the headache of supporting that and I don't blame them.

I think someone mentioned that the space bar stabilzer is 180° switched and therefore many pcbs won't be compatible, also this pcb's footprint is rather small so other pcbs may be too big.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 16:14:39 »

I think someone mentioned that the space bar stabilzer is 180° switched and therefore many pcbs won't be compatible, also this pcb's footprint is rather small so other pcbs may be too big.

You take care of that when you cut your own plate, don't you?  i.e. Stabilizer holes are switched to accommodate current PCB.  You choose different PCB, get corresponding plate cut, and you should be fine.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #155 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 19:27:14 »
Is the IC phase basically over for this round, seeing as the drop is live on Massdrop?  I see zslane has started a dedicated drop discussion thread here:  https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=96614.0
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline zslane

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 20:19:29 »
Yes.

If protocol here is that the IC thread should be locked, by all means lock it.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #157 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 20:44:57 »
It is indeed!  More organized that way.  Please proceed to the link above to continue the discussion about the drop.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -