Author Topic: Have you used the keyboard with Kailh BOX Switch?  (Read 49081 times)

Offline Bella_Hwang

• www.kailhswitch.com
Have you used the keyboard with Kailh BOX Switch?
« on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 02:13:48 »
Have you used the keyboard with Kailh BOX Switch?
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 October 2017, 02:21:12 by Bella_Hwang »
Dongguan City Kaihua Electronics Co,Ltd

http://www.kailhswitch.com
http://www.kailh.com
Email:sales12@kailh.com

Offline clee290

I've been using Kailh BOX Heavy Burnt Orange switches :D

Offline Petch

No because there are no UK/EU suppliers for me to buy them from, and I don't want to have to pay high shipping+handling+customs fees from a US seller

Offline Rumblehotep

I just built a 40% with box pale blues and they're amazing, the click is loud, crisp and fires off on both down and upstroke.
I'm sure a lot it may be that it's my new baby but it's just a joy to type on, I carry it everywhere.
Ordered some burnt orange and dark yellow to try too since the blues surpassed all expectations, also really inexpensive.

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
BOX Whites are nice but I still prefer Gatistotles; more tactile and slightly bassier click.

BOX Blacks are the best stock linears I've ever tried. Smooth, not much wobble. What else could you want in a linear?

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
BOX Whites are nice but I still prefer Gatistotles; more tactile and slightly bassier click.

BOX Blacks are the best stock linears I've ever tried. Smooth, not much wobble. What else could you want in a linear?
Good weighting? xD

I don't actually know the weighting of these, I only have a few loose switches.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out

Good weighting? xD

I don't actually know the weighting of these, I only have a few loose switches.
i didnt mention weighting because i figured that people would just buy the weightings they want. still wish they had some intermediate option between blacks and reds though.

but hey they're still smooth at the end of the day

Offline woodkeys

• Crafter of quality custom keyboards
    • WoodKeys.click
Re: Have you used the keyboard with Kailh BOX Switch or Kailh Low Profile Switch?
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 00:43:52 »
I have used the box browns, some of my favorite switches so far.

A buddy of mine built a planck with the box dark yellows, heavy linear. Took him a bit to get used to the heavies, but he loves it. That was coming from gat blacks.

The low profile switches are very interesting. The don't fit a standard MX mount, so there aren't many options out there. In fact I don't know if any that are available. I designed and built a PCB for them. I actually really like them. Again, I got the browns because I like tactile. They feel great. Somewhere close to a laptop keyboard with the shorter throw, but definitely still with that mechanical feel.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline HotRoderX

Re: Have you used the keyboard with Kailh BOX Switch or Kailh Low Profile Switch?
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 01:54:25 »
I have a baggy of box blacks waiting for Tada 68 kits to go on sale on Mass Drop! These switches are just they feel so smooth I can't wait!

Offline Petch

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 14:36:19 »
Anyone notice that the BOX red is wobbly compared to the black? Maybe just my sample switches

Offline Bella_Hwang

• www.kailhswitch.com
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 20:27:13 »
No because there are no UK/EU suppliers for me to buy them from, and I don't want to have to pay high shipping+handling+customs fees from a US seller

maybe  you can buy it from the
David Dejaeghere
Tarpit BVBA
+32.493257386
contact@mykeyboard.eu

They retails the kailh box switch

Offline Bella_Hwang

• www.kailhswitch.com
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 20:33:49 »
Anyone notice that the BOX red is wobbly compared to the black? Maybe just my sample switches

maybe it's your samples issue

Offline Petch

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 06:59:31 »

David Dejaeghere
Tarpit BVBA
+32.493257386
contact@mykeyboard.eu

Yes, I'm pre-ordering from them  :D

Hopefully, we will see in a couple of weeks

Offline ergo_guy

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 15:31:28 »
I have a let's spit built up with box heavy burnt orange, they are nice but I feel like the bump is almost to big in a way.  It seems like after you put enough force in to overcome the bump it is very easy to bottom out.  Although I think that I will get better at not bottoming out after I use the board more, since I've only been using it for a couple days so far, and the only other mechanical keyboard I have used had gateron browns.  I think the next board I get will either have box heavy light blues or outemu ice purples, I would have went with the box heavy light blues, but I didn't want to disturb my roommate.  The build of the box switches is very good with very little wobble.  They are also nice and smooth, I don't have switch tester with me to compare them, but from memory they are on par with gateron switches, or vintage blacks.

Offline Bella_Hwang

• www.kailhswitch.com
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 03:32:23 »

David Dejaeghere
Tarpit BVBA
+32.493257386
contact@mykeyboard.eu

Yes, I'm pre-ordering from them  :D

Hopefully, we will see in a couple of weeks

;D great

Offline Coffee

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 14:43:08 »
Just received a whole bunch of Kailh Box switches and went into a soddering frenzy this weekend.

I replaced my Cherry MX reds in my Leopold FC750 with stock Kailh Box Reds and loving it! It's super smooth, feels a bit lighter, sprightlier and snappier than the Cherry MX reds. Also, key wobble is reduced as well. I'm preferring the sound as well over the MX reds.

I also tried the Kailh Heavy Yellows. These are indeed heavy -- too heavy for my liking. I think Reds/Blacks are more suitable for me.

When I have time, I have Kailh heavy Pale Blue and Blacks to try out as well.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 15:00:40 »
Just received a whole bunch of Kailh Box switches and went into a soddering frenzy this weekend.

I replaced my Cherry MX reds in my Leopold FC750 with stock Kailh Box Reds and loving it! It's super smooth, feels a bit lighter, sprightlier and snappier than the Cherry MX reds. Also, key wobble is reduced as well. I'm preferring the sound as well over the MX reds.

I also tried the Kailh Heavy Yellows. These are indeed heavy -- too heavy for my liking. I think Reds/Blacks are more suitable for me.

heavy box pale blue are nice.  I wouldn't call them "heavy" but they are an improvement over the lighter clicky bronze that are just too light.

Offline Coffee

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 19:15:51 »

heavy box pale blue are nice.  I wouldn't call them "heavy" but they are an improvement over the lighter clicky bronze that are just too light.

Yes, by heavy box blue do you mean the pale blue?  I just soldered these into my Ducky One TKL, replacing the MX Silvers that I really could not come to like at all due to significantly reduced travel. These Pale Blues might just be my new favorite switch. The click is so addicting...and the weight of these feel "just right." It leads to a very satisfying feel with every press. I never liked Cherry Blues. Gateron Blues were better, but these have been my favorite so far. Kailhh really came out with some wonderful switches.

Now I'm tempted to try the Whites...oh boy, this hobby is killing my wallet.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 September 2017, 19:27:28 by Coffee »

Offline HotRoderX

I am using box blacks to type this up right now. I am extremely impressed zero wobble. There silky smooth and the weight is simply perfect! They are 60 gram's but they don't fatigue my fingers like my mx cherry blacks did. I gotta say overall I am extremely impressed with this switch it's taken over top spots for me. They are smoother Gateron Blacks. There far far smoother then cherry blacks that I have used. I wouldn't mind trying a Box Tactile switch in the 50-55gram range. I am not sure if those exist but I will have to make it a point to look.