Author Topic: [GB] Orange75 and Orange numpad  (Read 65659 times)

Offline senter

• * Maker
Re: [GB] Orange75 and Orange numpad
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 22:41:18 »

Offline FSund

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 03:50:36 »
What's the "nametag insert" for the Orange Pad?

That refers to another piece of aluminum inside the "FOX" text

I'm not sure I understand. Will the FOX logo still be visible? Will it have a different color than the rest of the case?

193458-0

Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

Offline Jimmare

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 06:57:07 »
So on the zfrontier page it says ''extra brass plate'' and ''upgrade Aluminum inserts to Brass weights''

Does that mean that if we choose the first,we get both an alu and a brass plate and the second one means you just a brass plate,or they're both the same thing?

Offline nevaenuf

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 08:19:49 »
pizza75!!! :-)

little confused by the plate/weight options. If we want brass we have to buy from a second listing for +$48?

Also no option to select your pcb on the main listing.

1. Upgrading the aluminum accessories to brass weight is the $48 option in here.

2. The default PCB is 32A PCB. Pm me your order number if you want to change to 32u4 PCB.

little confused by the plate/weight options. If we want brass we have to buy from a second listing for +$48?

1. Upgrading the aluminum accessories to brass weight is the $48 option in here.

2. The default PCB is 32A PCB. Pm me your order number if you want to change to 32u4 PCB.

I just want to get some clarification.  Upgrading the aluminum accessories to brass weight will include a brass plate AND weight correct?

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 09:05:41 »

I'm not sure I understand. Will the FOX logo still be visible? Will it have a different color than the rest of the case?

you decide the color of the insert, either same or different from the case color.

If it's the same color with the case, the logo will be still visible but not so noticeable.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 09:08:36 »
So on the zfrontier page it says ''extra brass plate'' and ''upgrade Aluminum inserts to Brass weights''

Does that mean that if we choose the first,we get both an alu and a brass plate and the second one means you just a brass plate,or they're both the same thing?

1. "extra brass plate" means you get both the aluminum plate and an additional brass plate.

2. ''upgrade Aluminum inserts to Brass weights'' means you get the brass weight instead of aluminum bottom accessories. It has nothing to do with plates.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 09:10:03 »

I just want to get some clarification.  Upgrading the aluminum accessories to brass weight will include a brass plate AND weight correct?

no. it only affects the bottom weight.

Offline hndle

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 11:18:48 »

no. it only affects the bottom weight.

wait what??
Did I get your message wrong understand?
I accept it was an option to change both the weight and plate. You mentioned weight / accessories, so it was accepted that plates are included.
Does that mean I have to buy extra to change the plate?

Offline hndle

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 11:32:14 »

Sorry, I have to ask as I am not 100% sure..

If I order upgrade to brass accessories on the 2nd upgrade page for $48 that gives me a brass switch plate as well as a brass orange design weight?

Thanks for all your help with others in this thread btw!

$48 is only the brass orange weights I think?

I asked senter china zfrontier.com start 59 set gb
he said it means the default aluminum weight/accessory will be replace by the brass version. You get only one set of brass weight parts.
so weight and plate are all change!

Wow, this is nice! Could @senter confirm this?
Also, do you have any information on the possibility of USB-C on either of the PCB options?

sorry man :-[ I gave you wrong information

Offline Jimmare

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 11:58:57 »

1. "extra brass plate" means you get both the aluminum plate and an additional brass plate.

2. ''upgrade Aluminum inserts to Brass weights'' means you get the brass weight instead of aluminum bottom accessories. It has nothing to do with plates.

Damn hahaha. So we have to pay +96$ to get a full brass keyboard and by paying 48$ we can get an either brass case or a brass plate. Got it. :D

Only thing im confused about now is the ''bottom''. Like,ther's gonna be a brass bottom and an alu top or it's the whole case that'd be brass?

This is the first GB i join so i just wanna make sure. :/

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 12:36:03 »

Damn hahaha. So we have to pay +96$ to get a full brass keyboard and by paying 48$ we can get an either brass case or a brass plate. Got it. :D

Only thing im confused about now is the ''bottom''. Like,ther's gonna be a brass bottom and an alu top or it's the whole case that'd be brass?

The case has two parts: top and bottom. Both with be aluminum or both will be brass depending on which one you opt for, but you cannot have one piece aluminum and one piece brass in a single kit.

The bottom piece of the case includes a weight (the Orange/Pizza logo). That weight is aluminum by default and "Upgrade Aluminum inserts to Brass weights" means you get the weight in brass instead of aluminum.

The only ways to get a brass plate are to buy an extra one or get the full brass version. There is no option to upgrade your aluminum plate to a brass plate.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 April 2018, 12:38:02 by eksuen »

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 12:44:10 »

I think you have a misunderstanding about the brass options. Full brass keyboard means the top case, bottom case, plate, and weights are ll brass. The price is $540.

If you want to have brass plate and brass weights on the aluminum housing, you need to choose "upgrade aluminum insert to brass weight" which costs $48 and "extra brass plate" which costs $48 as well.

Some ppl may wonder why you have to buy an extra brass plate instead of replacing the alu plate to brass. For the sake of transparency I'd like to give some explanations. The way we get quote from the factory is that we get per unit price for a whole set of aluminum keyboard. Then we order extra parts separately. As a result, if too many people order brass plates instead of aluminum plates, we are gonna throw away all the leftover aluminum plates at last. On the other side, I fully understand some people only want the brass plate and brass weight and don't want to pay for the default aluminum plate and weights. So the final options you can choose is a result of tradeoffs. The weights can be upgraded to brass. The plate can not.

Offline Jimmare

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 13:23:10 »
The case has two parts: top and bottom. Both with be aluminum or both will be brass depending on which one you opt for, but you cannot have one piece aluminum and one piece brass in a single kit.

The bottom piece of the case includes a weight (the Orange/Pizza logo). That weight is aluminum by default and "Upgrade Aluminum inserts to Brass weights" means you get the weight in brass instead of aluminum.

The only ways to get a brass plate are to buy an extra one or get the full brass version. There is no option to upgrade your aluminum plate to a brass plate.

Now it makes sense! Thank you very much. The full brass version is too much,just aluminum for my first build sounds good. Might upgrade to a brass plate, but i've heard that it can tarnish. I saw it's electroplated tho. Thank you once again <3

I think you have a misunderstanding about the brass options. Full brass keyboard means the top case, bottom case, plate, and weights are ll brass. The price is $540.

If you want to have brass plate and brass weights on the aluminum housing, you need to choose "upgrade aluminum insert to brass weight" which costs $48 and "extra brass plate" which costs $48 as well.

Some ppl may wonder why you have to buy an extra brass plate instead of replacing the alu plate to brass. For the sake of transparency I'd like to give some explanations. The way we get quote from the factory is that we get per unit price for a whole set of aluminum keyboard. Then we order extra parts separately. As a result, if too many people order brass plates instead of aluminum plates, we are gonna throw away all the leftover aluminum plates at last. On the other side, I fully understand some people only want the brass plate and brass weight and don't want to pay for the default aluminum plate and weights. So the final options you can choose is a result of tradeoffs. The weights can be upgraded to brass. The plate can not.

Im completely ok with having both plates. You can also sell one (although it would be hard) but if you have both,you can try both. Maybe i wont like brass and will switch back.

540$ is too much. The price on this one is really fair compared to what's around here. I just came across many people having mixed thoughts about how good or bad is brass. I'll probably get a brass plate to try both. Personally,i love getting both. If getting JUST the brass plate had a cost of like +30$ i would rather get both for a bit more.

I've got every rookie question answered so will join by the time the renders come. Too hard to decide without getting a look at these keyboards.

Thank you very very much. I hope this one runs smoothly and comes as fast as possible. (even though shipping starts in like 3 months :( )

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 13:39:48 »

Im completely ok with having both plates. You can also sell one (although it would be hard) but if you have both,you can try both. Maybe i wont like brass and will switch back.

540$ is too much. The price on this one is really fair compared to what's around here. I just came across many people having mixed thoughts about how good or bad is brass. I'll probably get a brass plate to try both. Personally,i love getting both. If getting JUST the brass plate had a cost of like +30$ i would rather get both for a bit more.

I've got every rookie question answered so will join by the time the renders come. Too hard to decide without getting a look at these keyboards.

Thank you very very much. I hope this one runs smoothly and comes as fast as possible. (even though shipping starts in like 3 months :( )

I will update with some renders soon.

The estimated lead time is not short because we're working with a vendor now. We don't want to take the risk of breaking the terms of the contract. Hopefully the boards can be shipped ahead of time.

Offline Sshimosawa

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 14:50:15 »
The full brass version is still not avail, or are you sold out, or am I doing something wrong?

Offline Kevadu

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 15:01:34 »
The full brass version is still not avail, or are you sold out, or am I doing something wrong?

You're probably not selecting the brass version of both the case and the plate.  That's the only combination that's valid when doing full brass.

Offline Sshimosawa

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 15:07:32 »
oh right on. that worked. thank you!

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 19:24:49 »
bump

renders for provided colors

Offline Rykno

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 23:49:53 »
If I buy the standard board and standard pad do they both support USB-C?

Offline XXXXXXXX

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 01:12:46 »
For the Orange75, what color is the orange on the back?

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 01:21:40 »

If you mean the orange/pizza logo weight, it will be whatever color you choose as "Insert and Plate Color".

Offline XXXXXXXX

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 02:32:18 »

If you mean the orange/pizza logo weight, it will be whatever color you choose as "Insert and Plate Color".

Ah okay, thanks :)
For some reason I had it in my mind I could make it a watermelon somehow. Actually, idk what i was thinking lol

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 08:07:14 »
If I buy the standard board and standard pad do they both support USB-C?

No. Only the QMK/32u4 version PCB on Orange75 has type c female connector.

Offline Delirious

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 08:23:15 »
Senter,

Is there any prototype picture for the 75's pcb or it will be produced alongside the case?

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 08:53:24 »
Senter,

Is there any prototype picture for the 75's pcb or it will be produced alongside the case?

I haven't got a prototype but will soon.

The 32A PCB will be just like the PCB on Orange TKL except the layout is different. The color will be matte green.

The 32u4 PCB is designed by my friend Triangle (from Triangle Lab). It has an USB type C connector. The color will be yellow. 
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 April 2018, 08:57:14 by senter »

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 08:54:40 »

New render

Offline Melanic

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 10:14:24 »
Odd that orange isn't an option for insert colour...

Which would be the closest to orange from the available colours? I'm not sure how sand gold looks like either.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 10:35:06 »

Which would be the closest to orange from the available colours? I'm not sure how sand gold looks like either.

If orange orange weight is what you want, you can choose "sand gold" color for the bottom inserts. It's the same color in the Orange75 prototype.

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 14:46:06 »

If orange orange weight is what you want, you can choose "sand gold" color for the bottom inserts. It's the same color in the Orange75 prototype.
I'm guessing the red and white render isn't an option?

Offline vilagefool

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:27:26 »

The white is available. It's listed as MAO White under both case and plate.

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 17:00:08 »

The red plate?

Offline jay6889

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 19:21:38 »

But is it same as last times round white color?

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 20:38:12 »
There's no red color in this round. no plans for R2 as well.

The MAO white will be similar with the color in Orange TKL GB. They won't be exactly the same. We will try to make it brighter but not guaranteed.

Offline blacksimon

• illuminati.works
    • illuminati.works
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 02:09:12 »
I am sad the orange pad doesnt have silver ano to match my pizza80 :(

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 10:44:49 »
Will the carrying bag (similar to the one offered in the Orange TKL) be included?
b o a r d s

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 18:53:51 »
Will the carrying bag (similar to the one offered in the Orange TKL) be included?

no, sorry

Offline Melanic

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 21:33:05 »
Sorry if this has been covered somewhere, I couldn't seem to find it...

Are both cherry and costar stabilizers supported?

Offline jay6889

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 00:11:18 »
Ordered today can't wait to see it !

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 11:32:27 »
Sorry if this has been covered somewhere, I couldn't seem to find it...

Are both cherry and costar stabilizers supported?

Only spacebar supports both. Other keys are cherry PCB mount stabs only due to the multiple layouts.

We will share the file of the plate, in case some ppl want to make special plates (e.g. switchtop removable version, 7u spacebar version, all costar stabs version).

Offline papa

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 09:49:38 »
Ordered a green one.this colour is very nice.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 01:44:34 »
Would it be possible to install those hot swap sockets for either the switches or the leds on the QMK pcb? Thanks

Offline shuk

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 04:07:38 »
Would it be possible to install those hot swap sockets for either the switches or the leds on the QMK pcb? Thanks
I'm wondering the same thing...

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 09:23:35 »

I don't know because we never considered to support holtites. The dimension of switch and led holes are all Cherry standard.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 17:27:27 »

I don't know because we never considered to support holtites. The dimension of switch and led holes are all Cherry standard.

Thanks for the reply!

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
Re: [GB] Orange75 and Orange numpad (Last one day to join)
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 12:36:47 »
IN LIKE FLYNN BOYS!

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 14:50:22 »
another GB i will regret NOT joining. GL senter everything looks fantastic except for my keyboard budget

Offline papa

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 12:46:29 »
Very looking forward to see it

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 12:46:59 »
GB will end on April 18th 23:59:59 PDT.

Don't miss out the last GB (most likely) of Orange series.

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 01:39:27 »
I noticed that on the upgrade order option, there is a $16 shipping charge tagged on, I'm a little confused can you clarify?

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 02:38:31 »
I noticed that on the upgrade order option, there is a $16 shipping charge tagged on, I'm a little confused can you clarify?
Did you purchase the upgrades separately? You won’t be charged for shipping if you have the kit and the upgrades in one order. Please send me the order so I could request a refund for the shipping. Shipping for the kit will be invoiced after the GB ends.