Author Topic: [IC] GMK Metaverse - GB Launching 07/16/18!!!  (Read 52793 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [IC] GMK Metaverse
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 19:10:06 »
6u off center please
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 19:21:29 »
I keep coming back to this, I need it already  :o :o :o

Same

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 01:20:39 »
I wonder if you can put these two grey keys into the Grey (Shadow) Kit?
194056-0

Same

Same

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 08:36:39 »
I wonder if you can put these two grey keys into the Grey (Shadow) Kit?
(Attachment Link)

Same

Same

That does make some sense. Plus...I am adding a couple of 1.25u keys. Will post an update to those later today.

Offline EightDiagram

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 08:48:06 »

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 08:55:04 »
Something I just realized: There will be people who buy into this set simply for a GMK black-and-white set with icon mods and katakana alphas, something which doesn't yet exist.

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 09:19:04 »
Something I just realized: There will be people who buy into this set simply for a GMK black-and-white set with icon mods and katakana alphas, something which doesn't yet exist.

Show Image

Haha, yes, that is the goal of this set, Multiple Colorway options in it. Black and White - Black, Red, White - Black, Grey, White.

I want you all to be able to enjoy this set and mix it up at the same time. As I said before, I want to create a series of these reflecting the Persona universe, and I wanted compatibility but uniqueness between them all.

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 09:22:05 »
6u off center please

6u off center please

+1

I would love to take a vote on this, remember, I'm trying to keep costs at a minimum if we can. If it's not that big of an increase and enough people vote for it, I don't mind adding it to the sets. I just included the 6u center because I have topre boards...haha

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 09:35:39 »
Really nice set and I can tell a lot of effort has gone into the IC.
I know it's been mentioned a couple times before, but IMO WS1 is too bright and I'd prefer CP. It is your set after all, and your IC, so I will follow it along to see how things go!

Offline frostbyte-gaming

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 09:46:17 »
6u off center please

6u off center please

+1

I would love to take a vote on this, remember, I'm trying to keep costs at a minimum if we can. If it's not that big of an increase and enough people vote for it, I don't mind adding it to the sets. I just included the 6u center because I have topre boards...haha

GMK has been offering 6u spacebars free with their sets lately to accomodate their new board they are releasing soon. Wouldn't hurt to ask if they could include it with this set.

Offline frostbyte-gaming

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 09:48:14 »
I know it's been mentioned a couple times before, but IMO WS1 is too bright and I'd prefer CP. It is your set after all, and your IC, so I will follow it along to see how things go!

CP is a nice white but doesn't really fit the theme of this set. I think ws1 perfectly captures that black and white noire film vibe that persona has going on.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 10:10:28 »

CP is a nice white but doesn't really fit the theme of this set. I think ws1 perfectly captures that black and white noire film vibe that persona has going on.
Oh I see. This is where my lack of experience with persona comes into play.

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 10:13:36 »

Exactly, please keep in mind these colors are for the Art style of the game. I love P5 and it's art style is what has heavily influenced this set and it's theme. I know some are worried about the bright colors, but also keep in mind, it will have black (cr) legends and the contrast should be "Golden" haha  :))

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 10:15:34 »
6u off center please

6u off center please

+1

GMK has been offering 6u spacebars free with their sets lately to accomodate their new board they are releasing soon. Wouldn't hurt to ask if they could include it with this set.

@frostbyte-gaming - Do you know who has confirmed this? Just so when I contact them about it, I have a reference.

Offline EightDiagram

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 10:25:12 »
6u off center please

6u off center please

+1

@frostbyte-gaming - Do you know who has confirmed this? Just so when I contact them about it, I have a reference.

Briefly discussed here fwiw:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-uniqey-c70-mechanical-keyboard/talk/1912164?utm_source=linkshare&referer=DKTWY4

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 12:32:47 »

Exactly, please keep in mind these colors are for the Art style of the game. I love P5 and it's art style is what has heavily influenced this set and it's theme. I know some are worried about the bright colors, but also keep in mind, it will have black (cr) legends and the contrast should be "Golden" haha  :))

That's fair. I see Persona 5 as more of a majority black-red than a majority white with black-red accents but I respect your decision and will support this IC.

I wish I could put some input (but I'm not really the creative type haha) but the main thing I'd like to see improved is the icon mods. I don't mind icon mods at all. I just don't really like the current ones.

Thanks for all of your work into this IC, so far!

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 15:19:32 »

That's fair. I see Persona 5 as more of a majority black-red than a majority white with black-red accents but I respect your decision and will support this IC.

I wish I could put some input (but I'm not really the creative type haha) but the main thing I'd like to see improved is the icon mods. I don't mind icon mods at all. I just don't really like the current ones.

Thanks for all of your work into this IC, so far!

So the colors I was basing off of are on the collectors edition of the game. Wish we could have used silver but lol there aren't any keycaps from GMK...but maybe....I can speak to someone who has awesome metallic caps...ahem...

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 15:31:25 »
Is any of the renders a GMK made one? I asked because some of the icons and some legends do not match actual Cherry legends, unless there were new molds in the works.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 15:50:19 »
It's been stated at least once that the renders were our own and that the legends and icons were approximations of GMK's since they're not publicly available, afaik.

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 15:53:07 »
Is any of the renders a GMK made one? I asked because some of the icons and some legends do not match actual Cherry legends, unless there were new molds in the works.

The "Meta" icon will probably be a new mold. Other than that, they should all be the same Icons that muted has. I just made these myself for reference.

We want to finalize exactly what we are aiming for first. Then will request the GMK renders to confirm its good to go and post on here.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 17:07:04 »
What about an All Out/ All Out Attack 2.25u novelty? You've got me very excited for this. I've been meaning to replay it for the Platinum trophy for a while now. Might use this IC as an excuse to do so while coming up with possible contributions.

Offline truong3016

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 20:11:18 »
original idea icons/mod set look much better to my eye  ;D

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 18:47:53 »
What about an All Out/ All Out Attack 2.25u novelty? You've got me very excited for this. I've been meaning to replay it for the Platinum trophy for a while now. Might use this IC as an excuse to do so while coming up with possible contributions.

I have some ideas...keep an eye out  ;D

Offline M

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 19:28:11 »
Love the effort that went into this. The color scheme isn't really my cup of tea, but I can see it is for a lot of others, so good luck  :thumb:

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 20:12:52 »

I have some ideas...keep an eye out  ;D

You bet I will. I'm very excited to see where this ends up :D

Offline JustMeHunter

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 22:08:09 »
Im in love, where do i sign up? ;D

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 23:57:41 »
Much want!! Love the Persona theme!!

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #127 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 04:19:45 »
Just run it already, goddamn!

Offline frostbyte-gaming

« Reply #128 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 11:18:27 »

As hyped as i am for this set I'd rather it not run this coming month as there are like 4-5 different sets that will be running at the same time and that's just asking for trouble.

Definitely looking forward to this set when it does run.  :thumb:

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #129 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 11:28:47 »

As hyped as i am for this set I'd rather it not run this coming month as there are like 4-5 different sets that will be running at the same time and that's just asking for trouble.

Yea makes sense. It's pretty intense now.

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #130 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 11:35:12 »

Yea makes sense. It's pretty intense now.

We are definitely considering timing for this set as well. I just don't want to delay it too long because of the fear of other sets. I hope any other GB's for caps do well but I'm not really gunning for competition on anyone else if that makes sense. I also have some ideas I want to throw out for more kit options as well. We will just see how the rest of April goes and May does. But I will be giving this set my all 110% and promise I will do everything I can to make it a reality.

Also, sorry no updates happened yesterday as planned. But I am working on posting some new updates today. So be on the lookout! ;)

Offline friglesnart

« Reply #131 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 17:16:21 »
New kit looks mint! Very excited for this :)

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #132 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 17:36:40 »
Count me in with the newest update! Text bottom row, text nav cluster, and icon modifiers is all I needed to get me onboard.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #133 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 17:55:34 »
I'm in

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #134 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 20:14:11 »
Nice.  I'm in.

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #135 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 20:20:59 »
Im in  :))

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
« Reply #136 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 22:07:14 »
I'm in. Grey kit looks fantastic.
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline haiz85

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 05:35:54 »
Realy can’t wait for this GB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline young_won

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 21:25:44 »
Please keep the WS1! :thumb: I love the bright look to complement the other keys

Offline H3NT4I

• 気持ちいい
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 22:15:16 »
Looks so much better with text bottom row

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
« Reply #140 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 23:28:42 »
Looks so much better with text bottom row

1+ for the text bottom row.
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 20:10:20 »
The gray accent kit doesn't make much sense to me. I like the idea of it but the actual keycap choice seems kind of arbitrary. Alternating light/dark mods is strange.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline portbaron

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 15:45:55 »
So what's the latest word?
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #143 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 17:03:23 »
Sorry, we are just waiting on some final adjustments to custom "Persona Keys" and pricing from GMK. Once we get those, I will be posting some more updates. I am also getting a collab announcement for the set as well.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #144 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 18:29:51 »
Any chance for a Micons kit?

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #145 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 19:48:29 »
Any chance for a Micons kit?

For this set, I don't think so, maybe on some future sets if I ask for Mito's permission. But I think we are going to stick with the current kit options since this is a much smaller GB than Serika on Massdrop, etc.

This won't be the last set I design and I have some more ideas that I think and hope alot of people will enjoy in the future.

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 23:25:34 »
Great set, I really like it. When will the GB occur aproximately?

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Offline Createboardhk

• Createboard
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 22:04:34 »
Yes! I am in! i love the persona keys!

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 08:12:47 »
Great set, I really like it. When will the GB occur aproximately?

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Still waiting on GMK to get back to us, once they do we will have our dates planned for GB.

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #149 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 14:59:05 »
Keeping my eyes peeled for this one.