Author Topic: Curve keyboard with nice keys?  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Twisty

Curve keyboard with nice keys?
« on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 07:39:41 »
My mrs loves microsoft comfort curve keyboards. I hate them and use old clicky keyboards - but who am I to disagree, she is far better at typing than me.
I am trying to find a compromise of something with a similar layout to the comfort curve, but with decent mechanical keys? Or is it possible to DIY switch out the rubber domes for cherry switches?
I have done lots of searching and the the only options I could see were old split keyboards, the closest was a KB-7001 but couldn't find it for sale anywhere.
Appreciate any help

Offline sordna

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 10:09:16 »
There exist ergonomic keyboards with nice keys. Nonmechanical ones like the Goldtouch and the Comfort Keyboard Systems adjustable keyboards, and mechanical ones like the Kinesis Advantage and the Truly Ergonomic. All of these are way better than the Microsoft ones, both in switch quality and ergonomics.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 12:03:55 »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2018, 13:39:16 by davkol »

Offline Tracer

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 13:41:15 »
I use the Microsoft Bluetooth 6000 keyboard regularly. It's not mechanical but not rubber dome. It's nice. Otherwise I'm typing this on a TE, which is not curved but split.

Offline boli

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 14:35:44 »
I can vouch for the Kinesis Advantage as well as the TrulyErgonomic keyboards.

Both of them go much further than just adding a slight curve to a conventional keyboard, so they're more ergonomic, but take more getting used to as well.
Keyboard: Kinesis Ergo Advantage (two LF editions with red Cherry switches, one regular with brown switches)
Keyboard layout: basically Colemak, with some remapping to end up with my custom Kinesis Advantage layout
Typing test profiles: typeracer.com / hi-games.net / keybr.com