Author Topic: TE Holtite  (Read 1512 times)

Offline pinnyskenis

TE Holtite
« on: Sat, 18 May 2019, 22:36:55 »
So I’m new to mechanical keebs and this website as well. I am no expert in soldering but I want to make a keyboard PCB hot swappable with some TE Holtites. I’ve seen that one video on youtube where the dude with the dying voice showed the holtites off. He says that the switch doesn’t sit quite flush with the board but that maybe be because of the Winkeyless PCB. I want to know if this is the case with all PCBs. So if you installed holtites into your PCB, can you show it off because I am very nit-picky. It would be a gripe to know that one or 2 of the switches are slightly higher or isn’t flush with the board. Thanks and sorry for any mistakes since this is my first post here.

Offline swedishpiehole

Re: TE Holtite
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 15:41:52 »
I'm not sure what you mean by "TE" Holtites, but I just installed Holtites on my Tex Yoda II so I can tell you that you need to make sure that the holes on your PCB will be the right size. If they are, it's super easy to install them using a point tip on a soldering iron to press them in. No solder required, and they should all sit flush. Someone made a Holtite compatibility chart a while back, and it doesn't seem to have been updated recently but perhaps you'll find your PCB on it. If you are unable to figure out whether your PCB will work with Holtites, you can try ordering a few to check it yourself.