Author Topic: Anyone Creating Custom Plates? Or CAD files for plates?  (Read 4169 times)

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
Anyone Creating Custom Plates? Or CAD files for plates?
« on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 15:21:39 »
I see The_Beast is listed in the directory, but his latest updates note how busy he is.  Anyone else doing custom plates, or providing plate design services and CAD files I can shop around to have cut?

Looking to have a plate made to fit a Cherry G80-3000 PCB into a Marquardt HEROS case.  I can supply all parts for measuring, just need someone to design the plate file, or ideally a finished plate.  PM me if interested in the project!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
Re: Anyone Creating Custom Plates? Or CAD files for plates?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 18:15:19 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65189.0

As far as getting the plate made goes I'd shop around and look at local shops.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 19:07:10 »
where are you in VA? I know a handful of guys with both water jets and laser cutters in the DC area from car stuff, i'm sure making some basic switch plates would be a piece of cake. 
-Dana

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 09:15:44 »
where are you in VA? I know a handful of guys with both water jets and laser cutters in the DC area from car stuff, i'm sure making some basic switch plates would be a piece of cake.

I'm in the greater DC area, so recommendations would be welcome!  Any idea what file types are best for plate layout diagrams?  I'm leaning towards having someone make a plate for me from case measurements, but having extras made from a file later would be really handy.