Author Topic: Help with JD40/Teensy - "cannot find atlibusbdfu.dll"  (Read 2646 times)

Offline DzyDzyDino

Help with JD40/Teensy - "cannot find atlibusbdfu.dll"
« on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 20:21:32 »
Hey, I just finished soldering all the diodes, connectors, and teensy into my JD40, and apart from a lack of stabilizers (BTW if anyone has any stabilizers for sale... plz pm :)), apart from that, I'm having troubles with the Teensy. I've never worked with one before so here's what's happening:

The first time I plugged it in, I remember there was a blinking light on the Teensy. I thought it was going to come preloaded with a build on it, but I took that to mean that it did not. So I unplugged it, and started googling. I downloaded Easy AVR, and Flip, and some other stuff, and I found a .hex file that jdcarpe posted on the JD40 thread.

When I plugged my jd40 in again, i got messages about it not being able to install drivers properly, I don't know if that's supposed to happen or not, but when I tried to connect to it via Flip or anything, I get a "Cannot locate atlibusbdfu.dll" and then it fails to connect or see the device.

Do I need to have particular drivers first or something, or do I need to boot the teensy up in some kind of mode first? Or is it f--ed? I think it's alive in some fashion, because when I push the button on the teensy, I hear the connection to windows disconnects and then reconnects (it alerts me that it failed to install drivers again).

Can anyone help me with this? Sorry, I'm pretty new to building my own board from a kit. I have a handful of kits I'm itching to put together because it's something I really want to get into, but just throwing myself face first at it and this is the first real brick wall (apart from not having stabs and not being able to find them -- though i suppose the easy solution is to not use any caps > 1.5u...) that I've hit.

Any advice or help would be so incredibly appreciated. 
Relatively new to posting on GH, as well, so sorry if this is the wrong place for this!!

Offline dashing_girlboy

Re: Help with JD40/Teensy - "cannot find atlibusbdfu.dll"
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 02:06:15 »

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 06:25:46 »
I think you should use the Teensy loader to load your hex file. http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/loader.html

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 06:49:54 »
Yes, you definitely want to use the Teensy Loader software from PJRC.

Also, there is a possibility that your Teensy is actually defective. I've had exactly one defective Teensy out of all the Teensys I have ordered from PJRC, but I simply returned it for a replacement. Their customer service is excellent.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 07:27:07 »
Yes, you definitely want to use the Teensy Loader software from PJRC.

Also, there is a possibility that your Teensy is actually defective. I've had exactly one defective Teensy out of all the Teensys I have ordered from PJRC, but I simply returned it for a replacement. Their customer service is excellent.

I've got me a faulty teensy - problem being it's already mounted to a pcb :( this started the new trend of testing all teensy's prior to soldering them to PCBs.
I got boards.