Author Topic: [GB] GMK Oblivion V2 - CONCLUDED  (Read 163807 times)

Offline DukeEsquire

Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion V2 - CLOSED - In Production
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 12:53:29 »
GMK Ursa also uses CP spacebars.

Offline PocketAces

« Reply #301 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 12:57:59 »
Thank you for that. I’ll see if I can scoop those from someone too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline PocketAces

« Reply #302 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 13:01:27 »

Oh wait, that group buy starts today! Thanks for letting me know lmao

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #303 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 13:21:24 »

Oh wait, that group buy starts today! Thanks for letting me know lmao

Yup! Enjoy!

Offline rk74051

• Carpe Noctem Iterum
« Reply #304 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 22:34:19 »
It's the last week of november, any updates avail?
|archon REːAL PLATINUM FX Round 2 DIY KIT[Black, Aluminium Plate, Ver 2.0 PCB, Drop Holy Panda, Massdrop X Oblotzky SA Oblivion Oblivion Mod(Oblivion Alpha),  Signed by Joe 'Mr.Hahn' Hahn of Linkin Park(Carry On, 7/18/2019 KST)]|
|CM Storm Novatouch TKL[Norbauer R2 Galactic Blue, Massdrop X Mito SA Godspeed]|

Offline hound

« Reply #305 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 00:50:36 »
any updates?

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #306 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 02:18:18 »
Mizu ran before this, Rensuya says that’ll ship in December and be to us around Christmas. Maybe drop gets their set first, or synchronous?

Offline Extraxyz

« Reply #307 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 16:02:05 »
Mizu ran before this, Rensuya says that’ll ship in December and be to us around Christmas. Maybe drop gets their set first, or synchronous?

I think Mizu started production later because of the back-and-forth color matching.

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #308 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 17:29:49 »
Are we still on track for late November delivery?

More like shipping. Delivery date will depend on where you live. But, in essence, yes.

Where are these shipping from?

They''ll be shipped from the US - i think  :))

Yep most likely from Drop's warehouse in NJ. Although that don't mean much, I've watched a package Drop shipped to me (I live in PA so you know) go from NJ, to TN, then up through OH (if I'm remembering the states it went through correctly), before it even made it into a PA PO!? Some of the most inefficient & convoluted shipping I've ever seen. >:D
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 November 2019, 17:32:22 by Rob27shred »

Offline kakiharaOne

« Reply #309 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 17:41:21 »
Spoke with Drop support... they’re expecting delivery to their warehouse on 11-28. Didn’t say anything about when they’d be shipping out to us but I’m assuming first week of December at the earliest.

Offline rk74051

• Carpe Noctem Iterum
« Reply #310 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 06:01:04 »
Spoke with Drop support... they’re expecting delivery to their warehouse on 11-28. Didn’t say anything about when they’d be shipping out to us but I’m assuming first week of December at the earliest.

cool, but feel sad because there's no updates as official.....
|archon REːAL PLATINUM FX Round 2 DIY KIT[Black, Aluminium Plate, Ver 2.0 PCB, Drop Holy Panda, Massdrop X Oblotzky SA Oblivion Oblivion Mod(Oblivion Alpha),  Signed by Joe 'Mr.Hahn' Hahn of Linkin Park(Carry On, 7/18/2019 KST)]|
|CM Storm Novatouch TKL[Norbauer R2 Galactic Blue, Massdrop X Mito SA Godspeed]|

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #311 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 07:47:12 »

cool, but feel sad because there's no updates as official.....
that's just how drop works. 2 months late is on time for them too

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #312 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 13:07:02 »
I have tracking for my QC units from GMK, and I was told that the main shipment is also underway to Drop. Someone in their comments said he got a reply from support saying it would start shipping on the 28th. It's done though, that's for sure!

Offline ZG2047

« Reply #313 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 03:00:44 »
Last update from drop Nov 29 -- https://drop.com/buy/drop-oblotzky-gmk-oblivion-v2-custom-keycap-set/talk/2542146

Hey all,

Quick update on fulfillment. The keycaps were picked up from GMK this week in Germany.

We will get it into our warehouse and prioritize getting it out to everyone. Due to the shortened Thanksgiving week it will most likely be December before everything is packed and shipped.

We will update again once we have a ship date.

Offline rk74051

• Carpe Noctem Iterum
« Reply #314 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 17:06:56 »
I have tracking for my QC units from GMK, and I was told that the main shipment is also underway to Drop. Someone in their comments said he got a reply from support saying it would start shipping on the 28th. It's done though, that's for sure!
Quote from: Oblotzky
@RChestnut I received my QC units yesterday and will be making pictures tomorrow with the help of @T0mb3ry!
no pics for sample still?
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 December 2019, 17:20:09 by rk74051 »

Offline Oblotzky

Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion V2 - CLOSED - Update on Page 7
« Reply #315 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 14:52:54 »
Dear fellow enthusiasts,

today I am bringing you an update regarding GMK Oblivion V2 that ran on Drop.com this Summer. GMK has finished production and sent me a couple units for quality control. In terms of colors, everything came out great. The set looks as you'd expect from seeing the renders and the previous round of it. However I quickly noticed that on some of the new Git keys, the text legends were not quite in line with the rest as they have a higher margin towards the edge of the key. I took this discovery to GMK, and after some discussion with Drop we are now working on a fix for the affected sets. This means that all kits except the Git Base Kit are currently en route to Drop's warehouse in New Jersey, while the Git Base Kits remain in Germany for about two more weeks. All orders that did not include a Git Base Kit can therefor be fulfilled upon arrival, while the remaining orders will have to wait a bit more. Below you will see the keys that I have requested to be replaced:

I know that this delay is not ideal, and some Christmas gifts will not make it in time, however you paid for a premium product, and we want to make sure that you will receive one in the end.

Please accept my sincere apologies, I will continue work on these keyset projects and do my best to prevent future mishaps.

- Oblotzky

TX-CP with GMK Oblivion V2 Git Base Kit

TX65 with GMK Oblivion V2 Regular Base Kit and Hagoromo Alphas

TGR Jane V2 with GMK Oblivion V2 Monochrome Base Kit

Offline pcire

Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion V2 - CLOSED - Partially shipping - Update on Page 7
« Reply #316 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 14:56:41 »
Seems like I'll have to wait a little longer, but thanks for the update!

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #317 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 14:59:00 »
good catch

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion V2 - CLOSED - Partially shipping - Update on Pag
« Reply #318 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 15:35:37 »
thanks for the update. Honestly 2 weeks seems pretty light for the magnitude of kits.

Offline kolyz

« Reply #319 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 16:21:55 »
no worries Oblotzky! I'd rather wait a bit longer than receive a "defective" keyset.  :thumb:

Offline Knoxx

• Spends too much on keyboards
« Reply #320 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 16:45:55 »
That's a shame but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. Thanks for the update!

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #321 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 16:57:58 »
I got git + monochrome and hagoromo.

Will Monochrome and Hagoromo be shipped out on time or is Drop going to do Drop things and wait til Git arrives?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #322 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 17:01:23 »

Will Monochrome and Hagoromo be shipped out on time or is Drop going to do Drop things and wait til Git arrives?

All orders that include a Git Base Kit are being held back until those have arrived as well, so your order is affected by the delay I'm afraid.

Offline sJ1N

« Reply #323 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 17:13:06 »
Afterall this seems like the best course of action so thank you for the quality control oblotzky. :)

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #324 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 18:30:18 »
any chance these defective keys will be tossed in a gmk grab bag for sale? that would be super interesting.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline andrewregal

« Reply #325 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 18:35:26 »
Although it means we have to wait a little longer I'm happy that attention to detail is being prioritized here. The spacing difference probably would have driven me crazy!
Discord: andrewregal#7830

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #326 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 19:14:26 »
while the Git Base Kits remain in Germany for about two more weeks.

Well, at least my hellish Fall semester will have ended by then, and I won't have to be back until mid-February.  :cool:
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline blizzara01

« Reply #327 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 21:31:28 »
See you next year git base kit for me  :))

Offline crzone

« Reply #328 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 05:49:01 »
As spotted by some people on Massdrop, the "Hello World!" key also seems affected.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #329 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 12:38:13 »

All orders that include a Git Base Kit are being held back until those have arrived as well, so your order is affected by the delay I'm afraid.

Confirmed. We plan to proceed with fulfillment of all unaffected orders. We are also working with GMK for a replacement "Hello, World!" key, as it appears to be problematic as well. As that is a single key, we may opt to ship out replacements separately (pending a decision from our operations team).

Offline whalematrontron

« Reply #330 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 18:33:08 »
Any news on what’s happening with the non-GIT sets? Have they started shipping or are they being held at the moment to fix the Hello World key first?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #331 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 18:40:59 »
Any news on what’s happening with the non-GIT sets? Have they started shipping or are they being held at the moment to fix the Hello World key first?

From the drop page:
This means that all kits except the Git Base Kit are currently en route to Drop's warehouse in New Jersey, while the Git Base Kits remain in Germany for about two more weeks. All orders that did not include a Git Base Kit can therefor be fulfilled upon arrival, while the remaining orders will have to wait a bit more

So, non-Git orders will are on their way over seas and will be fulfilled when they get to NJ

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #332 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 18:56:22 »

From the drop page:
This means that all kits except the Git Base Kit are currently en route to Drop's warehouse in New Jersey, while the Git Base Kits remain in Germany for about two more weeks. All orders that did not include a Git Base Kit can therefor be fulfilled upon arrival, while the remaining orders will have to wait a bit more

So, non-Git orders will are on their way over seas and will be fulfilled when they get to NJ

cries in git

Offline whalematrontron

« Reply #333 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 22:09:04 »

From the drop page:

Oh okay, I was just wondering if there had been an update from the Drop's operations team as to whether the non-git sets would be shipping as planned with the Hello World key being shipped out at a later date, or whether the kits would only be shipped out together with the fixed Hello World keys. I think the most recent update on this was this one below, was just wondering if there had been an update on that front - they previously said it was 'pending a decision from the operations team'.

Confirmed. We plan to proceed with fulfillment of all unaffected orders. We are also working with GMK for a replacement "Hello, World!" key, as it appears to be problematic as well. As that is a single key, we may opt to ship out replacements separately (pending a decision from our operations team).

Offline YouGotRioted

« Reply #334 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 22:48:35 »

From the drop page:

cries in git

laughs in assembly (kit)

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
« Reply #335 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 22:06:42 »
Thanks for the update.

I don't mind waiting the extra delay but can I get that sweet $10 Drop voucher doe. :dafoe:

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline bball2

« Reply #336 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 00:11:58 »
Thanks for the update, that difference is really noticeable so glad it's being handled before shipping out!

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #337 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 00:21:54 »
Thanks for the update.

I don't mind waiting the extra delay but can I get that sweet $10 Drop voucher doe. :dafoe:

I asked on drop already  :-[

Offline cldskt

« Reply #338 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 01:25:01 »
Thanks for the update.

I asked on drop already  :-[
So are you saying we should get $20 now

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #339 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 01:30:06 »

That would be cool seeing as my Monochrome kit and Hagorono are being held by back by Git

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #340 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 05:49:56 »
Hello, World! key is also getting replaced, however since this affects Regular Base Kits as well and GMK didn't have enough resin left for those keys also, they are shipped for Regular Base Kit people in a second shipment later on. Git Base Kit will have it included in its fix kit already.

Offline cldskt

« Reply #341 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 05:58:02 »
Hello, World! key is also getting replaced, however since this affects Regular Base Kits as well and GMK didn't have enough resin left for those keys also, they are shipped for Regular Base Kit people in a second shipment later on. Git Base Kit will have it included in its fix kit already.

Show Image

Woweee can’t wait!

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #342 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 06:02:39 »
So why do Git Base buyers don't get a free key, I have to wait as well you know... :( I feel left out :(

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #343 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 06:34:44 »
So why do Git Base buyers don't get a free key, I have to wait as well you know... :( I feel left out :(

I don't quite understand. Both Git Base Kit and Regular Base Kit are getting their bad keys fixed, that's all.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #344 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 07:25:31 »

I don't quite understand. Both Git Base Kit and Regular Base Kit are getting their bad keys fixed, that's all.
O wait, I must have misread. Hello World key is send -after- original shipment, it's not an extra.
Here I was being a greedy Dutch, and even at that I failed.

I'll take my leave now.

Offline eksuen

« Reply #345 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 14:28:05 »

O wait, I must have misread. Hello World key is send -after- original shipment, it's not an extra.
Here I was being a greedy Dutch, and even at that I failed.

I'll take my leave now.

The regular base kit will include the misaligned "Hello, World!" key. The replacement key for that will be shipped out to everyone when they are completed in January. So yes, technically, all regular base kit purchasers will get a free, misaligned "Hello, World!" key.

Offline eksuen

Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion V2 - Group buy LIVE on Drop.com
« Reply #346 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 13:27:48 »
This would be my first GB over drop (as the set, especially git is superb  :thumb:) - so there is no way to get this sent from GMK instead of shipping it from germany to the us and back ? ... which would be ... just sensless and ridiculous :(

The set would need to be sold through a EU vendor or be shipped from within EU by Drop itself after they collected VAT. GMK couldn't just send it to you as no VAT would have been collected on that item. The shipping from EU part is being developed currently by Drop, they've opened a EU warehouse (or probably contracted a logistics company rather) from which they are starting to ship single SKU products. It remains to be seen if this will be expanded towards more complex drops where sorting orders is required.

No more EU warehouse for now.
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/eaqz6y/dropcom_will_be_shutting_down_its_euwarehouse_for/

Update for Oblivion:
Due to a shortage of material, the Hello, World! keycap will be produced at a later time when GMK receives more resin. Those are estimated to ship out to customers late January or early February. This affects both the Regular Base Kit as well as the Git Base Kit, so Git Base Kit purchasers, please do not be alarmed when you find your misaligned Hello, World! keycap - you will get a replacement as well. To be clear, you will receive a replacement Hello, World! keycap for each Regular Base Kit or Git Base Kit you purchased. For instance, if you bought one of each, you will get two replacement keycaps. Bought two Git Base? You'll get two replacement keycaps. One Regular? One replacement.

Offline yuppie

« Reply #347 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 17:39:10 »
Just got my shipping notification.
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline sandvichs

« Reply #348 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 19:30:42 »
Just got my shipping notification.

Likewise!! super excited

location is Toronto for fellow Torontonians, check your emails :+)))))

Offline CodeMayhem

Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion V2 - Group buy LIVE on Drop.com
« Reply #349 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 20:19:11 »
This would be my first GB over drop (as the set, especially git is superb  :thumb:) - so there is no way to get this sent from GMK instead of shipping it from germany to the us and back ? ... which would be ... just sensless and ridiculous :(

The set would need to be sold through a EU vendor or be shipped from within EU by Drop itself after they collected VAT. GMK couldn't just send it to you as no VAT would have been collected on that item. The shipping from EU part is being developed currently by Drop, they've opened a EU warehouse (or probably contracted a logistics company rather) from which they are starting to ship single SKU products. It remains to be seen if this will be expanded towards more complex drops where sorting orders is required.

No more EU warehouse for now.
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/eaqz6y/dropcom_will_be_shutting_down_its_euwarehouse_for/

Update for Oblivion:
Due to a shortage of material, the Hello, World! keycap will be produced at a later time when GMK receives more resin. Those are estimated to ship out to customers late January or early February. This affects both the Regular Base Kit as well as the Git Base Kit, so Git Base Kit purchasers, please do not be alarmed when you find your misaligned Hello, World! keycap - you will get a replacement as well. To be clear, you will receive a replacement Hello, World! keycap for each Regular Base Kit or Git Base Kit you purchased. For instance, if you bought one of each, you will get two replacement keycaps. Bought two Git Base? You'll get two replacement keycaps. One Regular? One replacement.

Does this mean that the get base sets are shipping out from gmk?