Author Topic: [GB] Typemaster 180 - 75% Magnetic Board - In Production  (Read 33728 times)

Offline Bazookatooth

Re: [GB] Typemaster 180 - 75% Magnetic Board
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 17 March 2021, 22:39:46 »
+++ For a discord

Offline styast

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 14:10:21 »
Same on the discord! Even if it's not used for updates, it'd be nice to chat with others who're in on the GB

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 14:37:27 »
Due to the popular demand, we'll setup a Discord soon :thumb:

About the cases of refund requests, we've changed our policy today to this terms :

You can request for a refund of your order until the 6th April 2021 at 7:00 PM UTC+1. However, we will deduct services fees of 3,8% of the total amount you purchased.

After the 6th April 2021, all the sales will be final. From this date, we will NOT accept returns, refunds or replacements under ANY circumstances.

The 3,8% is what we pay in Shopify, Payment processor, 3D secure, and bank fees on each transaction.

We believe this is the best decision for those who wish to cancel their participation into the GB !

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 10:59:08 »
We're happy to let you know that our payment gateway is (finally) working correctly !

If you had troubles by finalizing your order the last 2 weeks, it should works well now :thumb:

Let us know if anything goes wrong on your side !

We'll put an update about the number of orders once the people who tried to buy have the chance to complete their order

Offline Kipps

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 14:00:19 »
Update? How we looking?

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 27 March 2021, 16:53:22 »
Hello there !

The Typemaster 180 GB is closing in 1 week, and we are currently at 75% MoQ !

Considering the Interest Check did not meet the GB numbers at the moment, we took some decisions about this GB and our future offering :

- The Typemaster 180 will not be be run again. This will be the only GB to get it !

- We will stock a few numbers of Typemaster 180 extras with our own funds to help the GB reaching MoQ.

- In the future, we'll run smaller batches of our designs, with less color choices, in order to get a faster processing on the whole GB process. More on that soon!

Have a nice day :)

« Last Edit: Sat, 27 March 2021, 17:10:35 by Typemaster »

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 27 March 2021, 17:19:39 »
If I wasn't such a Topre fan I'd be all over this (esp if it came in a TKL version)

This is one hell of a good looking board. Really. Very nicely done: every line on this board looks deliberate and harmonious. I'm particularly pleased by your decision to keep logos off of the top of the board.

Wonderful sounding board! I bet it feels terrific too (gel interface between plate and chassis) - probably a stellar performer over long typing sessions.

I think you guys just kicked a goal on this one.!!!

Congrats,

K

Topre REALFORCE

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 28 March 2021, 05:33:20 »
Hello there !

Considering the Interest Check did not meet the GB numbers at the moment, we took some decisions about this GB and our future offering :

- The Typemaster 180 will not be be run again. This will be the only GB to get it !

- We will stock a few numbers of Typemaster 180 extras with our own funds to help the GB reaching MoQ.

- In the future, we'll run smaller batches of our designs, with less color choices, in order to get a faster processing on the whole GB process. More on that soon!

best wishes for you guys!
and looking forward to layout 65 variant with the same design

Offline bball2

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 28 March 2021, 15:13:46 »
There's always a few stragglers who join in the last few days, hopefully this makes MOQ without having to use your own funds, but either way looking forwards to your next project as well!  :thumb:

Offline Samael82

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 13:47:08 »
Hello there !

Sad to hear that, and the issue wont affect us that joined already in anyway?

Regarding the extra parts you will need to stock in order to meet MOQ, what are they and will we be able to buy them together with the boards?
If the price is low, i would for example like to buy another bottom piece with a different color than the one i ordered.

Offline styast

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 14:03:24 »
Regarding the extra parts you will need to stock in order to meet MOQ, what are they and will we be able to buy them together with the boards?
If the price is low, i would for example like to buy another bottom piece with a different color than the one i ordered.

Seconded! This would be amazing

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 10:01:57 »
Hello there !

This GB will end in 3 days,

We're now at 80% MoQ, so this board will be made with the extras we'll add from our own funds !

I wanted to thanks you a lot for the GB participations and the kind words you guys are sending to us :thumb:

Sad to hear that, and the issue wont affect us that joined already in anyway?

There will be no issues for the participants of the current GB !

We'll order extras as full keyboards and plates to help reaching MoQ and keeping the same price we has been quoted from the factory.

However, we did not plan to offer only bottoms pieces in this GB or in the extras. There's some reasons about that :

- The fitting of each pieces is done and controlled per keyboard, and not every piece in guaranteed to fit another keyboard nicely (especially the weight in the bottom piece)
- There's no packaging planned to send only a piece of the keyboard
- Our volume is too low at the moment to do it as perfectly as we want to do

Offline blueredyellow

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 13:35:26 »
I hope the hotswap PCB still has enough demand to warrant a future GB. Is there any info on about how long that would take for us to see something like that, besides the prior statement of "a few months?"

Offline Kamon92

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 02:53:33 »
Dear Typemaster,

I plan to make a youtube video on your board once I receive it, I think your design and concept is great, I feel as though due to your newness in the market people didn't really understand the reason for the price and the lack of marketing didn't help, it's okay you have a fan and I look forward to seeing your board once released! all the best I hope you hit MOQ and good luck!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 04:12:42 »
Once people start receiving it and videos are published in YT and such.. extras will sell quickly, as usual. Many people prefer buying in-stock. (I'm part of the GB !)

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 05:03:25 »
I really like this. This is a brilliant design and I like the swap-ability. I think a tighter layout would appeal to me more on a 75%, as well as flex considerations such as on the Jelly Epoch.

Offline Samael82

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 10:26:40 »
@Typemaster thank you for the answer, i fully understand it, though i had hopes!

@Surefoot I am certain, the marketing was not very good in this GB, but i have a feeling that the board is going to be a legend one day.

Offline L4ll1g470r

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 15:22:45 »
This looks gorgeous, but somehow I just don’t feel like I have enough information to assess the GB risks.

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 04:31:38 »
@Typemaster thank you for the answer, i fully understand it, though i had hopes!

@Surefoot I am certain, the marketing was not very good in this GB, but i have a feeling that the board is going to be a legend one day.

I got the legend vibe from it as well. Gem In the rough if it gets made.

Offline azgul

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 06:32:00 »
The keyboard shows "sold out" for me. I thought this was supposed to end on the 6th?

Offline StrangPrisoner

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 10:31:26 »
I'm curious about it being sold out too. Did it reach the 250 unit limit?

Offline trueblue

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 10:50:57 »
I was trying to buy one today as well...

Offline rickqn

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 13:02:40 »
I am going to buy, but it’s already sold out :( . I thought GB will end at 6th

Offline windz0099

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 13:13:54 »
The GB closed on April 3rd based on their instagram feed but I'm not sure why it ended 3 days earlier than posted. I hope the extras are still good to grab though

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 16:03:34 »
I feel like this is one of those boards that more people would know about it had someone like dededecline, Alexotos, Taeha, etc, built one.

Super innovative design, but not a lot of people know about it.

Offline densus designs

• * St. Jude Supporter
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 05:53:43 »
did someone say magnets!!!

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 15:32:39 »
Hi there !

It seems we made a rather annoying mistake by setting 2 different closing dates for the GB, without noticing it. The GB should have stopped today (the 6th) and not the 3rd like we did.

However, good news : we have just re-opened the GB until this Sunday the 11th at 7:00 PM GMT-1. This way, the people who didn't had the time to enter will have 5 days to do it  :thumb:

Thanks again for all the kind words guys, we agree our marketing has not been the best, but we are pretty happy with the sales results so far. :-)

I also think it's a good thing to make a rather limited sale for this very first GB. It will speed up the process and make the production & preparation easier for us.

About the hotswap PCB, the plan is to make an IC when all keyboards have been delivered. If the IC is successful, the production should be quick !

See you this Sunday with the final GB results :cool:

Offline bastijn

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 04:09:49 »
I'm getting rejected on the payment. It all proceeds fine and I am able to approve the CC withdraw in my banking app (second layer of security in NL) but it returns with:

"Transaction non permise à ce porteur"

After my banking app states the payment was approved from their side. After it won't show up in my CC so cancellation is handled correctly.

//edit
After multiple tries it suddenly went through! The wait begins!
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 April 2021, 07:51:26 by bastijn »
"The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers." -- Richard Hamming

Offline densus designs

• * St. Jude Supporter
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 22:31:18 »
magnetswwweeww

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 10:13:31 »
I'm getting rejected on the payment. It all proceeds fine and I am able to approve the CC withdraw in my banking app (second layer of security in NL) but it returns with:

After my banking app states the payment was approved from their side. After it won't show up in my CC so cancellation is handled correctly.

//edit

Hi there !

I'm glad it finally worked ! From what we know, this case can happen in case the payment processor thinks you're not the owner of your card, for example if you're not at your usual location, or if you use a VPN.

Anyways, I'm happy it worked for you at the end :-) Credit card processing is quite a mess..!

Offline bastijn

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 14:48:45 »

//edit

Hi there !

I'm glad it finally worked ! From what we know, this case can happen in case the payment processor thinks you're not the owner of your card, for example if you're not at your usual location, or if you use a VPN.

Anyways, I'm happy it worked for you at the end :-) Credit card processing is quite a mess..!
Thanks! I assume Shopify is handling that mess for you right? In any case, order came in just fine in the end so can't wait to do the magic snap case closure thing myself. I will also be testing the various plates and see if your claim for 30 sec plate swap is true ;). Would be perfect as quite honestly I'm too lazy for hotswap hehe. Thanks for trying new things! Keeps it interesting.

Is the discord still planned? Waiting is more fun when done together!
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 April 2021, 14:51:03 by bastijn »

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 17:14:36 »
The Typemaster GB is now finished ! (for real, this time :))

Thanks a lot to everyone who joined, your support is incredible and we are very excited to start the production !

We are now hitting the MoQ with a very few extras we will order by ourselves :thumb:

99 keyboards will be made in total, witch is exactly what we wanted to do !

We will also stock some extra PCB's and plates as well.

I assume Shopify is handling that mess for you right?

Unfortunately Shopify is only doing the website part for us ! We don't have access to Shopify Payments here in France, so we have to deal with our local bank and a payment processor (witch was quite a mess)

Yes ! I'll setup a Discord in the next few days. It will be easier to communicate about the GB for the people who doesn't want to check the Instagram or the Geekhack post.
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 April 2021, 17:24:09 by Typemaster »

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 17:44:36 »
The Typemaster GB is now finished ! (for real, this time :) )

Thanks a lot to everyone who joined, your support is incredible and we are very excited to start the production !

We are now hitting the MoQ with a very few extras we will order by ourselves :thumb:

99 keyboards will be made in total, witch is exactly what we wanted to do !

We will also stock some extra PCB's and plates as well.

I assume Shopify is handling that mess for you right?

Unfortunately Shopify is only doing the website part for us ! We don't have access to Shopify Payments here in France, so we have to deal with our local bank and a payment processor (witch was quite a mess)

Yes ! I'll setup a Discord in the next few days. It will be easier to communicate about the GB for the people who doesn't want to check the Instagram or the Geekhack post.

Congrats! Well deserved  :thumb: 

Excited to see these out in the wild.

Offline alxz

Re: [GB] Typemaster 180 - 75% Magnetic Board - In Production
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 18:14:55 »
Nice to know you didn't had to make a lot from your pocket :).
If anything, extra hotswap PCBs would be neat! Waiting for the discord...

Offline bastijn

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 00:58:42 »
Congrats!

The extra PCBs and plates will be available as in stock later on? I ordered 3 additional pcbs and 3 additional plates, one of each material but if this board turns out as great as I hope it will be it may become my daily driver. In that case I might restock for the future  :).
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 April 2021, 01:00:20 by bastijn »

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 09:52:19 »
Congrats!

The extra PCBs and plates will be available as in stock later on? I ordered 3 additional pcbs and 3 additional plates, one of each material but if this board turns out as great as I hope it will be it may become my daily driver. In that case I might restock for the future  :).

We'll see with our finances, but we'll try to stock as much PCB and plates as we can! It's hard to guess what will be the demand for these in the future, but we'll try to find the sweet spot :-)

Offline Kamon92

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 01:18:03 »
Hi Typemaster,

Are we still scheduled for the shipping date below?

• The estimated shipping time for orders is August / September 2021. Please keep in mind this is a rough estimate.
[/i]

Offline rickqn

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 20:05:26 »

Hello Typemaster, is there any information for the discord server?

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 14:35:09 »
Hello guys !

I'm happy to let you know we finally had the time to setup a Discord server for you :thumb:

You can join us here : https://discord.gg/YvzbHXjQuq

Let us know if anything we mis-configurated  :-\

Hi Typemaster,

Are we still scheduled for the shipping date below?

• The estimated shipping time for orders is August / September 2021. Please keep in mind this is a rough estimate.
[/i]

We are still on track for this estimated shipping date :-)

We'll make updates at any important step !

Offline WaS

• TELEPORT
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 01:41:07 »
So the price is without any tax and shipping?

Offline Samael82

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 08:37:14 »
https://typemaster.works/
Are there any news? The site seems down, whats going on???

Offline bball2

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 11:36:24 »
https://typemaster.works/
Are there any news? The site seems down, whats going on???

Updates on discord, some samples/prototypes received, keyboard production started 3 weeks ago:

https://discord.com/channels/834162717563682836/834162718092689490

Offline Samael82

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 06:48:59 »
Thanks, totaly forgot about the disc chanel.
Site seems to be up again also.

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 19:22:10 »
It probably was a problem with Shopify, better going on the Discord server to get more frequent updates  :thumb:

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 19:07:24 »
I really like this. This is a brilliant design and I like the swap-ability. I think a tighter layout would appeal to me more on a 75%, as well as flex considerations such as on the Jelly Epoch.

I must have seen a different pcb/plate. Looking a second time, there seem to be considerable accommodations for flex on this. Very excited to see this come to the market.

Offline cricket-alone

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 21:12:48 »
Really like the magnet idea