Author Topic: GMK SNES  (Read 94094 times)

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
Re: GMK SNES
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 03:36:23 »
but the buttons on the original controllers were purple...

Show Image

As already stated, only the us version was purple.

Intellis set was designed to capture the asthetics of both, US and Jpn/Eu Versions.

Offline kconfire

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 08:24:04 »
but the buttons on the original controllers were purple...

Show Image

As already stated, only the us version was purple.

Intellis set was designed to capture the asthetics of both, US and Jpn/Eu Versions.

I had the Super Famicom when I was a kid in Korea and it had colorful buttons.
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 09:47:14 »
I meant the hhkb style arrows and matching dpad wasz from the og snes set.

Show Image

Going wasd looks cheap to me and feels like a bad compromise at best imo.

Also while the original render may have been incorrect, white is definitely too bright for an snes set, snes should definitely be gray on gray.

Tbh I think it would be best to either stick to Intellis design, or (maybe even bette)  start fresh with a new design based on the jp/pal snes like many suggested.

I don’t think anyone would mind a fresh take on the real deal reminecant of intellis set rather then a rough copy.

Just my two cents.

This is my favourite. If the mods only come with rgby legends, no dice for me.

Love the WASZ and HHKB Arrows, i think going WASD on this set is a bad idea.

Offline rawrjau

• Stop making nice things so I can stop spending
« Reply #103 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 22:12:17 »
So the greys and purple are based off of the SNES colors. Those colors are the ones that are inaccurate in the following picture:

https://imgur.com/KyzZ3S3

I'll work with thesis to have a better idea of the actual colors.

I think the initial attraction of the set is because of a distinct set of features that have been removed, and from this render, my definitely in turned into ehh. Maybe.

A few things that would put me into instabuy...

1. Get rid of the plain jane ESC - Pause Row (R1) to reduce key count... don't think anyone would actually use them.
2. Bring Back WASZ in the dark grey.
3. Bring Back the [;/' Cluster in RGBY (Key colour, legends to be light grey)

Other considerations...

4. The RGBY arrows are okay to stay, but won't care if they disappeared as well.
5. Power/Reset on Enter/Backspace

But whatever happens, I do hope this thing goes through with consideration to everyone's input

Offline Qu4troQu4tro

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 12:25:24 »
So the greys and purple are based off of the SNES colors. Those colors are the ones that are inaccurate in the following picture:

I think the initial attraction of the set is because of a distinct set of features that have been removed, and from this render, my definitely in turned into ehh. Maybe.

1. Get rid of the plain jane ESC - Pause Row (R1) to reduce key count... don't think anyone would actually use them.

Other considerations...

4. The RGBY arrows are okay to stay, but won't care if they disappeared as well.

But whatever happens, I do hope this thing goes through with consideration to everyone's input
I completely agree with rawrjau

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AlexG

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 14:46:57 »

Other considerations...

I do as well. Doesn't make sense using only a fraction of the original design. The original design is what got everyone excited in the first place.

Offline spacegh0st

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 11:02:43 »

Other considerations...

I do as well. Doesn't make sense using only a fraction of the original design. The original design is what got everyone excited in the first place.

This sounds good to me...I especially like the Power/Reset idea.

Offline neralo

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 00:37:05 »
I'm a sucker for nostalgia, so I'll be keeping an eye on this set.
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline luxuryx

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 01:38:25 »
Group buys should be up this or next week.

When does GB begin?  ;)

Offline AlexG

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 14:33:57 »
Any updates?

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 16:16:44 »
https://imgur.com/UvDkDyM

Do people still want the Dark Arrow clusters?

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 16:29:35 »
i am still interested in N9 WASZ cluster, like intelli's original layout, with legends either white or purple to match the rest of the alphas. not N9 arrow keys, please.

i would also be interested in a child/add-on kit like this:
More

but not the colored WASD keys, just the N9 mods.

Also, i would suggest removing the center-stem 6u spacebar and replace it with a 7u spacebar in purple. imo, center-stem is still an unproven technology, and basically only benefits people with mx modded hhkb. otherwise, i think you have a nice kit that will cover most popular layouts

edit. just for reference, here is the original -
More
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 November 2017, 16:49:38 by roostrc0gburn »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 16:48:02 »
N9 WASZ and some sort of matching mod kit would be perfect, i think
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 16:53:13 »
i am still interested in N9 WASZ cluster, like intelli's original layout, with legends either white or purple to match the rest of the alphas. not N9 arrow keys, please.

More
Show Image

Also, i would suggest removing the center-stem 6u spacebar and replace it with a 7u spacebar in purple. imo, center-stem is still an unproven technology, and basically only benefits people with mx modded hhkb. otherwise, i think you have a nice kit that will cover most popular layouts

More
Show Image

At this time, I don't think we can add the N9 mods, but we can definitely add the WASZ cluster.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 November 2017, 16:57:46 by sherryton »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 16:55:02 »

More
Show Image

More
Show Image

At this time, I don't think we can add the N9 mods, but we can definitely add the WASD cluster.

WASZ

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 16:56:33 »

More
Show Image

More
Show Image

At this time, I don't think we can add the N9 mods, but we can definitely add the WASD cluster.

WASZ

My bad, WASZ lol. Edited

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 17:14:54 »

More
Show Image

More
Show Image

WASZ

My bad, WASZ lol. Edited

:D sounds great! hope you consider adding a purple 7u spacebar. i doubt you will find more than ~5 people who need that center-stem.

might also be worthwhile to take a poll or something on the N9 mods i showed above. i think they could be run as a child kit with its own MOQ. those keys would be very versatile and could be used with any dolch variant keyset. just a thought

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #117 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 17:29:07 »

More
Show Image

More
Show Image

WASZ

My bad, WASZ lol. Edited

:D sounds great! hope you consider adding a purple 7u spacebar. i doubt you will find more than ~5 people who need that center-stem.

might also be worthwhile to take a poll or something on the N9 mods i showed above. i think they could be run as a child kit with its own MOQ. those keys would be very versatile and could be used with any dolch variant keyset. just a thought

Child Kit will work.

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 03:20:27 »
i'm still hoping for a darker gray on the alphas.  there was nothing on the super nintendo that close to white.

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 17:18:48 »
We are still working on toxic and a few gmk sets group buy as well as the EXENT. When these are all done, we will get started on the SNES set.

Offline AlexG

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 20:44:39 »
We are still working on toxic and a few gmk sets group buy as well as the EXENT. When these are all done, we will get started on the SNES set.

What is the n9? Is that the HHKB arrows? in RGBY?

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 21:12:17 »

N9 is the GMK color code for dark grey that is used for dolch mods and is also a very common color for legends.

Offline AlexG

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 21:34:08 »

N9 is the GMK color code for dark grey that is used for dolch mods and is also a very common color for legends.

Show Image

ooooooooooooh

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 14:47:14 »
Reworked kit with the inclusion of N9 WASZ is good, glad to see feedback taken into account.  While it'd be nice to have more options like dark mods and extra spacebars, can't really fault Oco for not wanting to get too ambitious with a set that failed MOQ before.

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 16:44:19 »
that was a couple of years ago. we've got way more people in the hobby now.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 18:20:36 »
Yeah, but there are also a lot more sets being run these days. Look at the struggles GMK Necro and Eclipse, sets that would have been fine a year or two ago.  Even massdrop has its own SP-style queue forming. 

Offline HandiHanyut

• pika, pikaaa doet
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 01:15:56 »
can't wait !  ;D
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 December 2017, 22:12:10 by HandiHanyut »
Soon™ |TGR Jane V2CE | TX75 | Realforce RGB | KBDLite67 | Elis Acrylic Keyboard | UTD360C

Offline tristinDLC

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 05:59:10 »
Just need final color and key choices decided (even if included as add-ons), before I 100% commit. I have a huge SNES/SFC (and NES/FC... and really anything custom old school Nintendo, but SNES is my favorite) before I fully commit. The original colorway was great, but they were also some interesting in member suggestions after this project came back into the light. Some were better than others, and while I know progress is nice, you can't please everyone with the number of people involved and the number of keys included/needing to be included to cover everyone's needs.

Just hope a nice middle ground can be reached, so we can start an official GB thread to see if MOQ is hit this time. I have some additional accessories I would be adding to a SNES/SFC keyset, so hopefully, this gets products for sure this time as well as in the problem colors to match the additional mods I plan for my completed project.

Regardless, hopefully, this set gets the official GB greenlight, so we can start placing orders.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 07:50:53 »
Yeah, but there are also a lot more sets being run these days. Look at the struggles GMK Necro and Eclipse, sets that would have been fine a year or two ago.  Even massdrop has its own SP-style queue forming.

In some ways I think the multitudes of sets running are good for the community so people can get exactly what they want, but it does make it a challenge for designers to get sets to reach the higher numbers of sales just because of all the options out there, so sets really need to be much closer to perfect these days.

That being said, I do think this is a great set, both on its own for how well it will play with other sets. There are some really stellar mix-n-match opportunities to be had with this set and other GMK sets.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 00:54:08 »

So are the modifiers going to be RGBY like this pic?

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 01:48:45 »

probably. they have been since day 1, but imo they could be purple or even black and the set would still be dope. the purple and N9 and other accents really make the set - rgby legends kinda make it look busy...

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #131 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 09:03:26 »
I personally prefer uniform mod legends aswell, rather then rgby legends.

Dark gray wasz and rgby hhkb arrows is a must for this set tho!

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 14:03:32 »

probably. they have been since day 1, but imo they could be purple or even black and the set would still be dope. the purple and N9 and other accents really make the set - rgby legends kinda make it look busy...

I personally prefer uniform mod legends aswell, rather then rgby legends.

Dark gray wasz and rgby hhkb arrows is a must for this set tho!

Yeah, i really don't like the RGBY legends on the mods, too busy. Will be out if they stay like that unfortunately. :(

Offline Asbrodeus

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 09:59:50 »
I'm still worried about the alpha base being too light. I don't need another shade of white and purple set.

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 13:19:59 »
I'm still worried about the alpha base being too light. I don't need another shade of white and purple set.

yeah i've already got hyperfuse.  if i get the set and it looks like that, up to the classifieds it goes!

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 18:54:46 »
I wouldn't worry about the colors; unless I missed something the only pics in this thread have been GMK renders which are notorious for being inaccurate, and someone mentioned that GMK received SNES samples to match for the original GB attempt.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 23:02:24 »
Any update? Really disappointing this has gone on for so long without the buy starting.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 15:23:21 »
Any update? Really disappointing this has gone on for so long without the buy starting.

i think sherry is focused on getting type machina up and running right now, so it'll be a bit

haven't talked to him in a week or two though, so things may have changed
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Asbrodeus

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 13:02:01 »
https://originative.co/snes-co

new website render is waaaay too light.

Offline AlexG

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 16:25:17 »
https://originative.co/snes-co

new website render is waaaay too light.

Yeah, saw that few weeks ago. It looks like **** and the mods look awful as well. Looks nothing like the original renders. Wouldn't waste money on that.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #140 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 16:39:13 »
idk how old that post is on the website, but i thought i saw sherry say that rygb mod legends were abandoned for RYGB cluster

Offline AlexG

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 17:18:05 »
idk how old that post is on the website, but i thought i saw sherry say that rygb mod legends were abandoned for RYGB cluster

Really really really hope so. That makes this set from meh to amazing.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 07:39:08 »
Might just be me but the new render seems pretty well colour matched to the console. I think it'd sell well, too. I like it.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 11:51:14 »
sherry plz tell me this year. while violet tendencies and royal are running, i think it is probably a good idea to hold off on another purple set for now...

but if you plan on stocking these, why not run it in Q3 this year?

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 21:11:50 »
More purple can't hurt  :cool:
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 21:38:34 »
More purple can't hurt  :cool:
But a lot can kill you.

Offline mypainishurt

« Reply #146 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 20:12:56 »
Did we lose traction on this?

Offline AlexG

« Reply #147 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 08:13:26 »
Did we lose traction on this?

Last I heard was it's going to be ran after they run the Originative set. Not sure if this got sidelined by Necro. Haven't had any update in a while.

Offline Qu4troQu4tro

« Reply #148 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 22:24:17 »
Pls can I get a GMK SNES for the love of god this is the only set I’ve ever wanted bad enough to enter into a group buy

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #149 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 00:31:19 »
Pls can I get a GMK SNES for the love of god this is the only set I’ve ever wanted bad enough to enter into a group buy