Author Topic: gateron baby kangaroo compared cherry mx blues  (Read 3359 times)

Offline dman777

gateron baby kangaroo compared cherry mx blues
« on: Thu, 19 January 2023, 16:13:42 »
Since gateron baby kangaroo and cherry mx blues are both tactile... how do these 2 differ? I googled around and could not really find any comparisons between the kangaroo and blues. Also, which would be softer on the fingers?

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: gateron baby kangaroo compared cherry mx blues
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 January 2023, 16:52:09 »
Cherry mx blues are clicky not tactile. With a bit more effort you can find force diagram of both switches. In the end its all preference so to truly know if like something you would have to try it out.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline HungerMechanic

Re: gateron baby kangaroo compared cherry mx blues
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 January 2023, 23:14:46 »
Gateron Baby Kangaroo are a tactile, MX Blue are a (tactile) clicky.

I have samples of the former. The Baby Kangaroo aren't too far off from AKKO Jelly Purple or V3 Cream Blue, if you're familiar with those. The Baby Kangaroo are a little heavier than those, and a little heavier than TTC Bluish White.

They're basically a medium-tactile. Very crisp, so they are almost a clicky.

They're about 75% the strength of a Holy Boba / Panda, subjectively. And loud.

Is there any reason you're choosing between these two? Neither of them are particularly soft on the fingers. Personally, I would recommend getting a Kailh switch tester, if you want to try some nice clickies. Somewhere in the range of Kailh BOX White, Pink, or Jade would be desirable.