Author Topic: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!  (Read 1413652 times)

Offline PointyFox

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!
« Reply #900 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 18:35:00 »
Update: Got a new "headphone-stand"  :cool:

(Attachment Link)

So much money invested amplifiers and what not with low-end hifi phones?  You need some high-end Stax or HD800 or something.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #901 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 00:01:51 »

(Attachment Link)

So much money invested amplifiers and what not with low-end hifi phones?  You need some high-end Stax or HD800 or something.

Not sure if trolling >.>

In case you are not, here are my 2 cents:

Do you seriously think DT880's are low-end or do you just hate Beyers? Do you also think low-end equals low-fi? I don't think so, in both cases! I own a good amount of headphones reaching from 50-500 bucks, and even tho my favorite (Denon AH-D2000) is on the expensive end of the spectrum, I really can't draw a "expensive = better" conclusion. I wouldn't even give my Denon's (supposed they would still work... one of the drivers died recently) in exchange for HD800's (except for making profit perhaps) as I prefer the sound of the Denons.

It's a pretty subjective matter anyway, isn't it? There might be cans with a flatter frequency response or ones which are capable to render a square wave more... square. But what if the less flat FR actually compensates to some extend for your ears FR (which if different from person to person) or simply better matches your taste? Also, what if the alteration that gets applied to a waveform actually results in a better perceived sound? For example, a leading overshoot and a fast roll-off may be a "less precise reproduction of the source" but could be perceived as sharper/more precise/punchier. I can't speak of the Stax (never had the chance to try em) but to me most "high-end" headphones (HD800, AH-D7000, etc.) are a ripoff! Not saying they are bad, no, but you pay multiple times more for minimal gain in sound quality imo.

Now you might ask, why spending that much on a DAC and amplifier then? It's simple... While switching headphones to get "different ways of reproduction" is simple and affordable and (to me) even fun, switching source components is not, I think. So, I'd rather go for solid and neutral "keepers" for the source components and switch headphones depending on mood and music. But, that's just my personal preference and point of view! If a single high-end headphone works out better for you, that's fine as well... In the end, the most important thing is that we enjoy the experience, that we enjoy the music, eh? :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 June 2013, 00:19:22 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #902 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 00:12:27 »

(Attachment Link)

That's sick  :llama:

Nice cable holder as well

Thanks!

Got tired of digging out cables and adapters for cell-phones/MP3-players/card-readers/external-HDDs/etc.,
so I went with this little helper and simply keep the most important cables connected all the time... Convenient!

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #903 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 00:17:55 »

(Attachment Link)

Very nice.

Any more pics of the rest of the setup?

Thanks!
Should have more images... somewhere >.>
I try to find em and post em in the next days.

Offline Nunez

• BACK!
« Reply #904 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 00:41:36 »

(Attachment Link)

Not sure if trolling >.>

Do you seriously think DT880's are low-end or do you just hate Beyers? Do you also think low-end equals low-fi? I don't think so, in both cases! I own a good amount of headphones reaching from 50-500 bucks, and even tho my favorite (Denon AH-D2000) is on the expensive end of the spectrum, I really can't draw a "expensive = better" conclusion. I wouldn't even give my Denon's (supposed they would still work... one of the drivers died recently) in exchange for HD800's (except for making profit perhaps) as I prefer the sound of the Denons.

It's a pretty subjective matter anyway, isn't it? There might be cans with a flatter frequency response or ones which are capable to render a square wave more... square. But what if the less flat FR actually compensates to some extend for your ears FR (which if different from person to person) or simply better matches your taste? Also, what if the alteration that gets applied to a waveform actually results in a better perceived sound? For example, a leading overshoot and a fast roll-off may be a "less precise reproduction of the source" but could be perceived as sharper/more precise/punchier. I can't speak of the Stax (never had the chance to try em) but to me most "high-end" headphones (HD800, AH-D7000, etc.) are a ripoff! Not saying they are bad, no, but you pay multiple times more for minimal gain in sound quality imo.

Now you might ask, why spending that much on a DAC and amplifier then? It's simple... While switching headphones to get "different ways of reproduction" is simple and affordable and (to me) even fun, switching source components is not, I think. So, I'd rather go for solid and neutral "keepers" for the source components and switch headphones depending on mood and music. But, that's just my personal preference and point of view! If a single high-end headphone works out better for you, that's fine as well... In the end, the most important thing is that we enjoy the experience, that we enjoy the music, eh? :)
Beyers DT880 rulz the big one!!111!1
I miss Ripster :(
HHKB Pro 2 || KBC Poker || Filco MJ2

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #905 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 01:43:35 »

Well spoken... Well spoken, indeed!

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #906 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 04:19:58 »
Ok, found two images I didn't post before...

« Last Edit: Mon, 03 June 2013, 04:29:48 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline Nunez

• BACK!
« Reply #907 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 05:46:49 »
I... dont even...
I miss Ripster :(
HHKB Pro 2 || KBC Poker || Filco MJ2

Offline Rendom

« Reply #908 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 06:31:47 »
Show Image

A little messy right now... but yeah

That is one shiny mouse.
QFR - MX Blue

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #909 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 06:48:09 »
There is a big green egg using your PC!

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #910 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 06:53:06 »

Show Image

Show Image

that green is so crazy
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #911 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 06:59:34 »

Show Image

Show Image

Wow.....just wow......:eek:

This is an amazing setup and I love the colors!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #912 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 11:01:23 »
That is a gorgeous setup Soulhunter!  I would love to be able to paint my desk area, but no go in an apartment. 

Love that even your cables to the Sub are green  :D
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Jeci

« Reply #913 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 12:13:36 »
Awesome case & awesome setup - what's the reasoning behind the copious amounts of headphones?

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #914 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 12:26:27 »
Some people perceive a difference in the way different headphones render sounds.  So much that they decide to have different headphones for different genres or moods.

Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline Jeci

« Reply #915 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 12:41:49 »
Got you! That makes sense, I definitely don't have the ear for that...

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #916 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 13:26:02 »
Awesome case & awesome setup - what's the reasoning behind the copious amounts of headphones?

In short: 1. The difference in frequency response (raised/lowed frequency "bands" which change the tonality/color of the sound, think of this equalizer-presets in audio players, they basically do the same, just more crude) and 2. The fact that no headphone is perfect in every "category of performance" -> While one headphone might deliver super punchy "hard kicking" beats as well as very clean extending lows in general, and might outperforms most other headphones out there in these categories, it sounds perhaps awkward or unnatural in the mid frequencies. This would make em good for bass/beat heavy music which doesn't feature much/any vocals (where the bad mid performance would probably be most noticeable) -> good for DnB/Dubstep/Electro, but less ideal for some other genres... I guess part of the problem is that unlike normal speakers where you have a tweeter for the highs, a bigger driver for the mids, and a even bigger one for the lows (in a 3-way speaker or when using a separate sub-woofer), headphones usually have to work with just a single driver and also a single resonance chamber, so there have to be compromises.

Or, even shorter, what alaricljs wrote :cool:
But now, back on topic, lets see some desktops!
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 June 2013, 13:28:54 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #917 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 13:33:47 »
What case is that Lian-Li? I thought you had two computers side by side until I noticed there was no seam. That thing seems gigantic!

Offline RougeR

« Reply #918 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 14:37:19 »

Show Image

Show Image

please get matching monitors...non matching monitors like than pain me.
everything else is good

also what desk setup is that
Buckling spring warrior!

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #919 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:25:46 »
What case is that Lian-Li? I thought you had two computers side by side until I noticed there was no seam. That thing seems gigantic!

It's a Lian Li PC-343B, but I call it the Borg-Cube :))
And yes, it's gigantic... 18x 5.25" bays (stuffed 11 HDDs and 8 120mm low RPM fans in there)

everything else is good

True! As you can probably tell from my images I like symmetry, and having two different monitors sorta bothers me...
Then again, spending a fortune on another EIZO just for displaying info/chat/misc stuff on it would bother me even more!

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #920 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:46:05 »
Oh, and regarding the desk setup: I designed and build it myself as all the stuff for sale was way too small!
Basically two 3.5x0.6m "worktops" (like the ones you use when building a kitchen) which are offset layered.
They support each other and they are mounted on self-build pillars and supports on the side and back wall.
If you want build something similar simply throw me a PM or something :)

Offline RougeR

« Reply #921 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 14:12:52 »

And yes, it's gigantic... 18x 5.25" bays (stuffed 11 HDDs and 8 120mm low RPM fans in there)

everything else is good

True! As you can probably tell from my images I like symmetry, and having two different monitors sorta bothers me...
Then again, spending a fortune on another EIZO just for displaying info/chat/misc stuff on it would bother me even more!

grab a dell stand (vesa compliant) whack the other in portrait.
Buckling spring warrior!

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #922 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 21:39:55 »
My previous desk setup, which was my favorite.

24402-0

Offline megaxpop

« Reply #923 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 22:53:03 »

Show Image

Show Image

green, clear & cool

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #924 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:17:06 »

everything else is good

But the symmetry... :_:
Played with the idea of going with a triple setup tho (one big main screen in horizontal and two smaller screens in portrait on left and right)

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #925 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:21:49 »
My previous desk setup, which was my favorite.

(Attachment Link)

Thumbs up for 3.5" floppy disks!

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #926 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 23:23:34 »
Lol yes. They are excellent coasters.

Offline RougeR

« Reply #927 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 05:24:23 »

everything else is good

But the symmetry... :_:
Played with the idea of going with a triple setup tho (one big main screen in horizontal and two smaller screens in portrait on left and right)

more symmetrical that currently. or just sell both buy 2 x dell u2142m
Buckling spring warrior!

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #928 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 05:55:02 »
Wow Soulhunter, that is one sick setup! Love it!

Offline TDub

« Reply #929 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 16:59:42 »
Love that green soulhunter!

Offline ZoGxll

« Reply #930 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 19:08:00 »

upload image online free   

Simple, but it works for now.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #931 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 19:11:46 »
ruining that drink with ice man.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline ZoGxll

« Reply #932 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 19:32:41 »
Yeah, but it's Florida and it's hot.  ;)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #933 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 19:45:42 »
whiskey stones!

and yeah i hate the heat lol
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline calavera

« Reply #934 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 20:24:24 »

Offline ZoGxll

« Reply #935 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 20:30:00 »
That would be nice.  If only I wasn't saving for clacks; I guess I will start taking it neat.  =P

Offline sam113101

« Reply #936 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 20:22:29 »
24588-0
Hoping to hear from you again, your dearest friend, sam113101.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #937 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 20:55:12 »
"Do you seriously think DT880's are low-end or do you just hate Beyers?"
They are, and I don't hate them.  They're just not as good as similar things like Sennheiser HD600.

"Do you also think low-end equals low-fi?"
No.

"I wouldn't even give my Denon's (supposed they would still work... one of the drivers died recently) in exchange for HD800's (except for making profit perhaps) as I prefer the sound of the Denons."

"It's a pretty subjective matter anyway, isn't it?"
Nope.  Headphones are transducers.  They turn a digital signal into an analogue pressure.  The output can be measured and compared to the input.

"But what if the less flat FR actually compensates to some extend for your ears FR (which if different from person to person).."
Most people's ears are pretty similar.  I don't think they'd have a noticeable effect on FR.  Wax buildup much more so.

"..or simply better matches your taste?"
I like music to sound the way it was mixed.  I'm sure there are some people who like lots of muddy thumping, but they would be buying Beats by Dr.Dre.

"Also, what if the alteration that gets applied to a waveform actually results in a better perceived sound?"
Then they recorded the source badly.

"For example, a leading overshoot and a fast roll-off may be a "less precise reproduction of the source" but could be perceived as sharper/more precise/punchier."
That doesn't happen.  It's always the other way around.  Usually this perceived effect comes from too much treble.

"I can't speak of the Stax (never had the chance to try em) but to me most "high-end" headphones (HD800, AH-D7000, etc.) are a ripoff! Not saying they are bad, no, but you pay multiple times more for minimal gain in sound quality imo."
It's far from minimal, but there definitely is diminishing returns.  HD600 and HD650 are the best mid-range headphones compared to those of similar cost (yes, Beyerdynamics and Denon included).

"Now you might ask, why spending that much on a DAC and amplifier then? It's simple... While switching headphones to get "different ways of reproduction" is simple and affordable and (to me) even fun, switching source components is not, I think. So, I'd rather go for solid and neutral "keepers" for the source components and switch headphones depending on mood and music. But, that's just my personal preference and point of view!"
Diminishing returns applies much more to amplifiers and especially DACs than headphones.  Any advantage a $900 DAC has over a well made $50 DAC shouldn't be perceivable by any human.

"If a single high-end headphone works out better for you, that's fine as well... In the end, the most important thing is that we enjoy the experience, that we enjoy the music, eh? :)"
You'd enjoy it more with better headphones :P

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #938 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 21:21:23 »
ohsnaaaapp
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #939 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 21:29:09 »
This isn't even the headphone thread... sheesh
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #940 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 23:10:54 »
Wow!
Not sure where to start :/
He even calls someones opinion or preference... wrong/untrue, what!?

Not sure if there would be any benefit continuing this debate either, so...
Instead of pointing out where I think Pointy is wrong, I will simply do what I'd do IRL when realizing that I talk to a wall :3
Let's skip the usual "counter argumentation -> counter counter argumentation" game and go back on topic, show some desktops!
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 June 2013, 23:32:39 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #941 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 23:35:13 »
Wow! Not sure where to start, not sure if there would be any benefit continuing this debate...
So, instead of pointing out where I think Pointy is wrong, I will simply do what I'd do IRL when realizing that I talk to a wall :3
Let's skip the usual "counter argumentation -> counter counter argumentation" game and go back on topic, show some desktops!

A wall?
"Let's skip the usual "counter argumentation -> counter counter argumentation" game"
So instead of a counter argument you just insult me?
In your words: "Wow!".

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #942 on: Thu, 06 June 2013, 23:55:52 »
Wow! Not sure where to start, not sure if there would be any benefit continuing this debate...
So, instead of pointing out where I think Pointy is wrong, I will simply do what I'd do IRL when realizing that I talk to a wall :3

A wall?
"Let's skip the usual "counter argumentation -> counter counter argumentation" game"

Not a insult to you but the way this thing is going...
Also, I edited my post to make my point more understandable.

Thing was that I had the strong feeling that any further argumentation would just end in a flame/****storm...
Your opinion is HD600's are best, mine is that they are ****, yours is that DT880's are ****, mine is that they are great, ping-pong, ping-pong, etc.
Arguing about opinions or preferences doesn't work (that's what I tried to say with my initial reply, in a friendly and diplomatic way, but it was rejected)

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #943 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 00:02:32 »

A wall?

Not a insult to you but the way this thing is going...
Also, I edited my post to make my point more understandable.

Thing was that I had the strong feeling that any further argumentation would just end in a flame/****storm...
Your opinion is HD600's are best, mine is that they are ****, yours is that DT880's are ****, mine is that they are great, ping-pong, ping-pong, etc.
Arguing about opinions or preferences doesn't work (that's what I tried to say with my initial reply, in a friendly and diplomatic way, but it was rejected)

I'm sorry if you wanted to flame, but it is very well known that HD600 has better sound quality through objective testing.
If you're new to high-end headphones, I suggest you read this article: http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 June 2013, 00:04:24 by PointyFox »

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #944 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 02:47:49 »
To Mods:
Feel free to remove this OT posts or move em, this is already enough thread crapping I guess, sorry!

...it is very well known that HD600 has better sound quality through objective testing.
If you're new to high-end headphones, I suggest you read this article: http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13

No, I'm not new to high-end headphones, I simply think the quality gain (TO ME) is small compared to headphones that cost 1/2 or even 1/4!

And regarding objective testing, it's only objective if you either do:

#1 Blind ABX testing (which doesn't really work for headphones) with a very large group of people
-> Where you get a averaged result which can still be very different from the one of a individual... like you or me

Example:
A ABX blind test might show that vanilla ice cream tastes better than, lets say, garlic/onion ice cream, as 99% of the people voted so.
Still, that doesn't turn the opinion of people who dislike vanilla and love garlic/onion ice cream untrue... See?

#2 Measurements (via spectrum analyzers etc.)
-> Which will just tell you how the representation of the signal (output) differs from the input, not if it sounds better or worse to a human (subjective...)
-> You can't proof or refute subjective matters with objective tests without having a full understanding which conditions lead to the subjective finding of a individual

In case you try to flank #2 by saying that the objective of a headphone is to reproduce the signal as good as possible (valid point), and that's what makes a headphone good:
-> If there was a magical headphone which makes bad recordings, no matter how bad, sound good, it would be a bad headphone by that definition?
-> Wouldn't it score better in a blind ABX test? Conflicting...

-> If you'd know that the recoding is supposed to be bad, would you give the less good sounding can a vote-up because it meets your "more accurate" demand?
-> If so, it's just because of your POV and bias (you like accurate cans so you vote bad sounding ones up in this case)
-> See POV is important here?
-> But POV is individual...

In case you want to flank this example by saying "Magical headphones don't exist, that's bull****" or something:
-> This is a thought experiment to show logic conflicts that may arise, existence of said headphone doesn't matter here
-> One could call thought experiments and time paradoxes (ie. by Einstein) bull**** as well as time machines and spaceships with light-speed don't exist either

Now, as you made me continue anyway:

>> Do you seriously think DT880's are low-end or do you just hate Beyers?
> They are, and I don't hate them.  They're just not as good as similar things like Sennheiser HD600.

Says who? You? Someone else? Who cares? To me it's the opposite, there is nothing you can do about it!

>> Do you also think low-end equals low-fi?
> No.

Thumbs up on that!

>> It's a pretty subjective matter anyway, isn't it?
> Nope.  Headphones are transducers.  They turn a digital signal into an analogue pressure.  The output can be measured and compared to the input.

Which wont tell you much about the impression it leaves on a individual, because he/she could prefeer a altered representation over a exact duplication!

>> But what if the less flat FR actually compensates to some extend for your ears FR (which if different from person to person).."
> Most people's ears are pretty similar.  I don't think they'd have a noticeable effect on FR.  Wax buildup much more so.

As you seem to be very sure of this... How high is the variation? What's your source?
Tried a test with a small group of people? What are your findings (in numbers)?

>> ..or simply better matches your taste?
> I like music to sound the way it was mixed.  I'm sure there are some people who like lots of muddy thumping, but they would be buying Beats by Dr.Dre.

Also hate for Beats?
No biggie, I dont like em either...
But your statement shows what I was tying to say!
YOU like music the way it was mixed, OTHERS like bloated bass.
I like to switch headphones with different characteristics (from neutral to very non neutral) also because most mixing/processing isn't 100% to my liking to begin with!

>> Also, what if the alteration that gets applied to a waveform actually results in a better perceived sound?
> Then they recorded the source badly.

Define "badly" please!
Don't forget that the terms "good" and "bad" can be depend on the POV (objective measurements, subjective impressions -> Re: Opinions... Taste...)

>> For example, a leading overshoot and a fast roll-off may be a "less precise reproduction of the source" but could be perceived as sharper/more precise/punchier.
> That doesn't happen.  It's always the other way around.  Usually this perceived effect comes from too much treble.

How do you know it doesn't? The only way would be doing a study on this matter with every human on this planet participating!
Or do you mean it doesn't happen to you? That doesn't mean it doesn't happen to everyone!

Or do you mean it doesn't happen in headphones? Because it does...
It's a good example of things that can be proven objectively (ie. with a spectrum analyzer) as there is no "POV" component here

>> I can't speak of the Stax (never had the chance to try em) but to me most "high-end" headphones (HD800, AH-D7000, etc.) are a ripoff! Not saying they are bad, no, but you pay multiple times more for minimal gain in sound quality imo.
> It's far from minimal, but there definitely is diminishing returns. 

TO ME IT IS MINIMAL!
That's MY impression and MY opinion, even if yours is different it doesn't negate mine!!!

> HD600 and HD650 are the best mid-range headphones compared to those of similar cost (yes, Beyerdynamics and Denon included).

Again, that's a opinion and mine is different...
If I'd prefer HD600's I'd use em instead of what I use now, heh?
Also: A rule from a A/V forum I was active back then -> There is no best!

>> Now you might ask, why spending that much on a DAC and amplifier then? It's simple... While switching headphones to get "different ways of reproduction" is simple and affordable and (to me) even fun, switching source components is not, I think. So, I'd rather go for solid and neutral "keepers" for the source components and switch headphones depending on mood and music. But, that's just my personal preference and point of view!
>Diminishing returns applies much more to amplifiers and especially DACs than headphones.  Any advantage a $900 DAC has over a well made $50 DAC shouldn't be perceivable by any human.

Actually I have the same opinion here! :)
The problem is that there aren't many (if any) "well made" DAC's for $50, especially not ones that also including a well made amplifier.
Can you show me a good (in your opinion) DAC with a decent headphone amp, async USB, optical input, chinch and XLR output, if possible black/silver, for $50? If not, for $100?

>> If a single high-end headphone works out better for you, that's fine as well... In the end, the most important thing is that we enjoy the experience, that we enjoy the music, eh? :)
> You'd enjoy it more with better headphones :P

How do you know? Because #1 You are not me, and #2 I used headphones you consider "better" and did NOT enjoy em more :P
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 June 2013, 03:13:42 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #945 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 04:42:57 »
My mom told me that Turtle Beach makes the best ones
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #946 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 11:31:23 »
Knock it off you two. Post more desks.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #947 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 13:16:55 »
Show Image

upload image online free   

Simple, but it works for now.

Sweet Justice, but really how you listen to it on anything other than Skull Candy is beyond me....

Offline lys.nordique

• Formerly 'scatology'
« Reply #948 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 22:09:03 »
New set-up with my new keyboard :D

« Last Edit: Sat, 08 June 2013, 22:34:06 by scatology »

Offline UniClown

« Reply #949 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 22:11:58 »
:D

Show Image

Nice and clean. Where are the statues from?