Author Topic: [IC] GMK Abyssal  (Read 82486 times)

Offline Xanira

Re: [IC] GMK Abyssal
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 16:44:09 »
As of march this year the GMK queue was 170 sets and their average completion rate was 2-4 sets a month. At the optimal 4 sets a month, this puts the wait at 3.5 years. But, hopefully they finally get the second production line running.

I'm fine with waiting a year. Tooling, color matching, samples, shipping, logistics, and other related preproduction is a several month process after all. But going beyond 1-1.5 years is quite literally the sales management team exceeding their current production capabilities. I'd rather just see more sets with other manufacturers at this point is all.

I guess, for me, GMK has just become the "Maybe when it hits extras and I still care in a couple years" manufacturer.

if this GB is a success ill definitely try to run it with other manufacturers. the main reason why i chose gmk initially was that i personally have good experiences with their products (keycaps) and because im confident in the color matching. if i could change it now i probably would, but i think that because this set has been in IC for a long time, most people expect it to run as GMK. but yea i totally agree, and i do think that gmk is stepping up actually, at least from what ive been able to gather, theyre outputting more sets than they have previously :) anyway thanks for the feedback!

Offline DirtyGingy

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 16:45:04 »
As of march this year the GMK queue was 170 sets and their average completion rate was 2-4 sets a month. At the optimal 4 sets a month, this puts the wait at 3.5 years. But, hopefully they finally get the second production line running.

I'm fine with waiting a year. Tooling, color matching, samples, shipping, logistics, and other related preproduction is a several month process after all. But going beyond 1-1.5 years is quite literally the sales management team exceeding their current production capabilities. I'd rather just see more sets with other manufacturers at this point is all.

I guess, for me, GMK has just become the "Maybe when it hits extras and I still care in a couple years" manufacturer.

if this GB is a success ill definitely try to run it with other manufacturers. the main reason why i chose gmk initially was that i personally have good experiences with their products (keycaps) and because im confident in the color matching. if i could change it now i probably would, but i think that because this set has been in IC for a long time, most people expect it to run as GMK. but yea i totally agree, and i do think that gmk is stepping up actually, at least from what ive been able to gather, theyre outputting more sets than they have previously :) anyway thanks for the feedback!
Sounds awesome. And I do like the set, so I will likely be suggesting it to people. It's a solid choice and a cleaner color pattern than most modern takes on Olivetti

Offline Xanira

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 16:47:17 »

Sounds awesome. And I do like the set, so I will likely be suggesting it to people. It's a solid choice and a cleaner color pattern than most modern takes on Olivetti
tyvm, i really appreciate the support  (and also dont confuse the manufacturer with the vendors, i just dont want any hate being sent towards the vendors for something thats actually on the manufacturer :P)

Offline DirtyGingy

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 16:49:58 »

tyvm, i really appreciate the support  (and also dont confuse the manufacturer with the vendors, i just dont want any hate being sent towards the vendors for something thats actually on the manufacturer :P)
Not at all. The only time that goes hand in hand is basically drop and maybe cannon keys. And they still are techy not the manus.

Offline YukiraLS

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 26 September 2022, 19:47:34 »
Oh, I just discovered this! Where have I been?! This looks really nice, and it would be great if we could see the design from her Supporter class outfit as well. haha

Offline Sharkrai

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 16:39:55 »
Hello!! Just found this and was wondering if there is still a way to order this set, or what the current situation is. Sorry, got a little lost while reading through the thread. Looks amazing though and definitely am interested~

Offline Xanira

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 31 January 2023, 14:38:16 »
whoah... im sorry i havent looked at geekhack in forever... the group buy for this keycap set will begin on march 1.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 February 2023, 15:12:09 by Xanira »

Offline Xanira

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 31 January 2023, 14:39:16 »
Oh, I just discovered this! Where have I been?! This looks really nice, and it would be great if we could see the design from her Supporter class outfit as well. haha

if this does well i would love to work on a design like that :))

Offline D-Dragon

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 01 February 2023, 07:56:04 »
Really happy that the GB for GMK Abyssal is open now!
Did the metal artisan get removed?

Offline Xanira

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 01 February 2023, 09:30:02 »
Really happy that the GB for GMK Abyssal is open now!
Did the metal artisan get removed?

It will go up for sale at a later date due to some modifications having to be made. And as always thank you for the support <3

Offline Khrone

• I like Boba
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 12 May 2023, 16:07:37 »
I wonder will there be anymore Arknight themes coming out
TDV