Author Topic: [GB] GMK Modern Dolch  (Read 129152 times)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [GB] GMK Modern Dolch
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 19:51:10 »
The grays look really good, but I feel like the cyan and red both need some tweaking. The cyan looks a bit too green to me and the red a bit too dull. What do you think?

Personally, I think the samples look great but I also trust your decision since you can see them in person.

Here is how I am comparing my expectation from the set:
Show Image

From this image, I think the grays and red samples look spot-on. The teal seems to be a bit softer but I don't mind it at all.
Any thoughts?

I am quite pleased at the results :)

Offline koduh

« Reply #201 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 21:57:04 »
Love the samples. Feedback echos that of others, a tad more blue into the teal would be ace.

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #202 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 22:38:11 »
Really hoping to snag some of the extras when these come in, really love how this is turning out.

Also, if anyone ends up with any extra of the RAMA x Dolch metal keycaps - I would be very interested in buying either (or both) of those as well!

Offline Oni74

« Reply #203 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 21:22:09 »
Really looking forward to matching this up with Dolch.CR board.

Are we still on track to ship in January or will it be delayed?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #204 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 23:54:38 »
Really looking forward to matching this up with Dolch.CR board.

Are we still on track to ship in January or will it be delayed?

Super excited too!

Offline Mirapony

« Reply #205 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 06:15:22 »
I noticed this on facebook 3 days ago.

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #206 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 10:35:56 »
We're nearing the end of January, some updates on the timeline of this being finished would be spectacular.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #207 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 11:34:32 »
We're nearing the end of January, some updates on the timeline of this being finished would be spectacular.

lol literally not even halfway through January :)
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #208 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 11:37:32 »

"End"? It's the 13th mate.

For real tho, samples need to be redone by GMK for the red and blue. I asked GMK for an updated timeline on this but they haven't answered that yet. I really hope the new samples are finished quicker than the last ones...

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #209 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 11:38:56 »

we aren't even halfway through the month...

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #210 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 11:58:25 »
2020 is getting closer every day...

Offline itskuroi

« Reply #211 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 12:07:16 »
we're near the end of the 13th of january, some updates on the timeline of this being finished would be spectactular

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #212 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 12:34:32 »
Hopefully gmk will get back soon, but it does not matter how long it takes , getting the colors right is more important than having a quicker turnaround.
And as always thanks to janglad for taking feedback on the samples for all of us.

Offline ExuDeCandomble

« Reply #213 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 13:12:47 »
Hopefully gmk will get back soon, but it does not matter how long it takes , getting the colors right is more important than having a quicker turnaround.
And as always thanks to janglad for taking feedback on the samples for all of us.

This is my attitude as well! Custom colors can be tricky and I think as somebody who joined the group by it is up to me to understand that getting the colors right is more important than hitting some deadline I have in mind for receiving the set.

Offline phunktional

« Reply #214 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 13:28:05 »
Agree 100%

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #215 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 05:51:33 »
Calm your tits guys, I said nearing the end. Approaching the end, getting close to the end. Not it's exactly the end of January.

Just looking for an update on a timeline..

Offline mnpq.raven

« Reply #216 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 08:14:41 »
Calm your tits guys, I said nearing the end. Approaching the end, getting close to the end. Not it's exactly the end of January.

What's next, April's Fools will be nearing the start of May ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Oni74

« Reply #217 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 09:00:20 »
I'm all for getting it right even if it takes longer. But I am also appreciative of the GB runner providing updates periodically, especially when delay is introduced. Doesn't need to be every day - just once every other week sounds about right. Everyone is eager to get their hands on this set with the right colors, and I'm sure everyone can agree on this!

Looking forward to the new samples, and large scale production!

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #218 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 09:08:21 »

So sorry, I'll be more pedantic with my words next time. Two weeks in a linear line of time is just too distant to use such a vague term like "nearing".

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #219 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 12:29:34 »

Just don't do it again!

:rolleyes:
So sorry, I'll be more pedantic with my words next time. Two weeks in a linear line of time is just too distant to use such a vague term like "nearing".

Offline kuhlman

« Reply #220 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 22:30:31 »
As we approach April's Fools which we all know is nearing the start of May, some updates on the timeline of this being finished would be spectacular.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #221 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 22:33:19 »
As we approach April's Fools which we all know is nearing the start of May, some updates on the timeline of this being finished would be spectacular.

it's january???

but also updates are good
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #222 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 06:39:49 »

it's january???

but also updates are good

As we approach posting the same joke over and over nearing beating a dead horse, the more spectacular it becomes.

Offline koduh

« Reply #223 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 22:11:06 »
GMK Modern Dolch on my Dolch.cr is gonna be fantastic. Get Hype!

Offline froydroyce

« Reply #224 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 11:18:33 »
Any updates from gmk?

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #225 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 11:39:10 »
Small update:  I shipped the Pantones back to GMK. We also picked 2 more alternative RAL colours for the red (since the original Pantone can't be matched). However, I still haven't heard anything back from GMK....... I really wish everything would move quicker since I'm quite eager to get my set too, but yeah we'll have to wait for the second round of samples. I really really hope those turn out perfect since doing another round would most likely delay the set by another 3 weeks or more.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #226 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 12:13:59 »
Small update:  I shipped the Pantones back to GMK. We also picked 2 more alternative RAL colours for the red (since the original Pantone can't be matched). However, I still haven't heard anything back from GMK....... I really wish everything would move quicker since I'm quite eager to get my set too, but yeah we'll have to wait for the second round of samples. I really really hope those turn out perfect since doing another round would most likely delay the set by another 3 weeks or more.

Thanks for the update!

Take your time and make them perfect!
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #227 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 12:41:52 »

Thanks!

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #228 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 14:58:50 »
Thanks for the update! Definitely take your time with the samples until you feel they are perfect. Another 3 weeks in the grand scheme of things is not long :)

Offline PM_Your_Switches

« Reply #229 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 15:09:16 »

Thanks for the update! The board my set is going on is getting pushed back by the CNY and here I was worried I'd have a set of keys without a board to put them on.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #230 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 15:54:06 »
Take your time. The longer it takes, the longer it stays modern.

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #231 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 16:26:41 »
Whenever I feel the urge to complain about delay shipping, I always remind myself to pull this thread up, then I decide to not complain, switch tab and move on to the next thing.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #232 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 16:30:14 »
Whenever I feel the urge to complain about delay shipping, I always remind myself to pull this thread up, then I decide to not complain, switch tab and move on to the next thing.

haha. typing on hyperfuse now

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #233 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 19:35:02 »

biggest brain statement

Offline Oni74

« Reply #234 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 11:26:09 »

Appreciate the periodic update, Janglad. Let's all keep our fingers crossed for a perfect sample this time.

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #235 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 11:46:11 »

I love this.

And agreed -- thanks for the update and no rush at all.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #236 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 09:36:03 »
Got a reply from GMK just now. Some good news here! They already shipped out the new red and cyan samples, I will update as soon as I get these.

Since the grays are already on point and make up 90% of the set, they proposed already producing that part of it and doing the accent keys later. I think this is a great idea since it would minimise delays.

Offline froydroyce

« Reply #237 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 09:38:08 »
Got a reply from GMK just now. Some good news here! They already shipped out the new red and cyan samples, I will update as soon as I get these.

Since the grays are already on point and make up 90% of the set, they proposed already producing that part of it and doing the accent keys later. I think this is a great idea since it would minimise delays.
Niiiiiiiiiiiiice, thanks for the update!

Offline Paddel06

• Klugscheißer
« Reply #238 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 09:42:31 »
Great news!
This is a signature.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #239 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 10:08:43 »
Rad.

Offline mushubanane

« Reply #240 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 10:21:35 »
Amazing, great news.

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #241 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 12:17:46 »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #242 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 14:51:02 »

Amazing thanks!!!

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #243 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 05:18:14 »
Hey!

Very exciting update! I just got the new samples in from GMK!

Below are some pictures comparing them to the old samples, the Pantones and the OG Dolch colours. Please keep in mind that the red Pantone is a metallic chip, which makes it change colour an insane amount based on lighting (just like a car). This also makes matching very very hard.

Picture comparing them with only natural light coming in from a window to the right:

with room lighting turned on (so less natural but more even lighting), also has OG Dolch colours to compare

comparing them to the old samples (new samples on top)

comparing the new and old cyan since i just couldn't capture how substantial of an improvement it is (new cyan on top)

and finally, comparing the OG Dolch and Modern Dolch colours. Have a look at the original comparison render below, I would say they turned out quite well!

As for the red, as I explained above it's very hard to both capture and colour match. Even though I rendered the set with the official Pantone colour code for this image, I wasn't aware the the chip was a metallic one. Looking at the sample here and comparing it to the renders on a monitor calibrated just now, I would say GMK did a killer job though!

What do you guys think?   :)

« Last Edit: Fri, 08 February 2019, 05:38:16 by janglad »

Offline gnunin

« Reply #244 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 05:43:10 »
Looks fantastic Janglad!

Offline snelltrail

« Reply #245 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 06:09:06 »
Yeah these look amazing! Glad you pushed to get the colors matched so perfectly, hopefully this means that GMK can start production soon!

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #246 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 06:20:09 »
They look fantastic -- definitely an improvement and worth the extra round of samples. Excited to get this in the near future!

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #247 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 06:39:27 »
Looks like they nailed it. Great stuff.

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #248 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 06:47:49 »
Looks amazing! Thanks Janglad.

Offline mushubanane

« Reply #249 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 07:36:05 »
This is perfect. Thanks for showing us these detailed comparisons, it's all the more reassuring.