Author Topic: [IC] MAJA (Majapahit) (Group Buy Started, Moving to Group Buy Thread)  (Read 197832 times)

Offline mathewC

Re: [IC] MAJA (Majapahit) Ergo Keyboard --- [Prototype photo is up]
« Reply #450 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 12:16:57 »
Will there be an option for a solderable pcb? I want something different from what i have now with a stepped caps lock and dont think id like the backspace how it is right now. Also will it have VIA configurator?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Offline dumhevae

« Reply #451 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 14:45:14 »
have the colors been decided yet?

Offline ctxgoldsamy

« Reply #452 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 14:52:04 »
Proto type looks dope!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Magas

« Reply #453 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 13:28:38 »
This looks amazing!

Offline vurtomatic

« Reply #454 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 09:04:48 »
Anyone with insight on typing with a layout like this? Been eyeing this and the Lubrigante.

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #455 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 22:30:19 »
Is there any update on estimate for when this will be purchasable ? I think kbd fans is vendor?

Offline airyimbin

« Reply #456 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 20:53:48 »
Is there any update on estimate for when this will be purchasable ? I think kbd fans is vendor?

Im just going to assume that everything that is being produced in China is going to be delayed until after the holidays.

Offline mattling9

« Reply #457 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 06:15:39 »
Any estimation on price yet?

$200-$250, $250-$300, $300-$350, $350-$400, $400+?

Also i am wondering if there has been any progress made on colour selection?

Offline Ruffles

« Reply #458 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 09:45:43 »
Will there be a GB post? Where will the purchase link be posted?
What are the confirmed 3 colors?

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #459 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 06:49:12 »
Any update on this?

Offline Donkoko

« Reply #460 on: Sun, 16 February 2020, 08:59:35 »
Really looking forward to this. Layout looks great.
Sorry for newb question but I am wondering, will the keybindings be programmable/customizable and how much options would we have. I use mac at work so it would be great for me to be able to set my command key to one of the alt/shift keys on the bottom row.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #461 on: Sun, 16 February 2020, 09:01:43 »
Sorry for newb question but I am wondering, will the keybindings be programmable/customizable and how much options would we have. I use mac at work so it would be great for me to be able to set my command key to one of the alt/shift keys on the bottom row.

The PCB will most likely run on QMK firmware, meaning it will be fully programmable. Basically meaning unlimited "options".

Offline mattling9

« Reply #462 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 04:33:25 »
Can you make it possible to buy different colours top and bottom pieces?

I would love to get the top in Black and bottom in Red.

Will this be possible?

Offline Donkoko

« Reply #463 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 05:42:57 »

The PCB will most likely run on QMK firmware, meaning it will be fully programmable. Basically meaning unlimited "options".

Thanks a bunch for the info. I will look into QMK.

Offline tyskstil

« Reply #464 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 08:49:15 »
What do I do to get in on this?

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #465 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 08:50:23 »
What do I do to get in on this?

Basically wait. We’re waiting on kbdfans at this point I believe but corona virus is slowing things down.

Offline mathewC

« Reply #466 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 09:37:21 »
is the bottom row 1.5u, 1.5u, 2u, 1.25u, 2.75u and 1.5u?

Offline mattling9

« Reply #467 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 05:35:30 »
Any Updates On This?

Offline mathewC

« Reply #468 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 09:07:20 »
any possibility of getting split backspace and stepped capslock?

Offline Movingforward

« Reply #469 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 16:45:27 »
Made an account just to keep up to date on this IC/GB. This keeb looks amazing! Looking forward to future updates and getting one myself!

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #470 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 07:21:25 »
If there ever comes a day this is purchaseable. I will do just that. Purchaseable it

Offline airyimbin

« Reply #471 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 10:29:21 »
If there ever comes a day this is purchaseable. I will do just that. Purchaseable it
I too second that notion

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline Kavik

« Reply #472 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 23:55:08 »
I too second that notion

Same. Once I get this, Primus 75%, RAMA U80-A, and F77, I'm going to call it quits on keyboards, at least for the foreseeable future. This one is a must-have.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #473 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 08:46:05 »
Same. Once I get this, Primus 75%, RAMA U80-A, and F77, I'm going to call it quits on keyboards, at least for the foreseeable future. This one is a must-have.

I see you're a man of culture as well.

Offline mathewC

« Reply #474 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 04:08:09 »
Can we have more options than just the brass plate? Personally I'd rather have another material in place of the brass.

Offline hcoopos

« Reply #475 on: Thu, 30 April 2020, 15:07:22 »
Can't wait for this to go ahead!

Offline war40ck

• Sadge
« Reply #476 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 01:24:23 »
Any updates? Just made an account to keep in touch with this thread.
Tell me why...

Offline Jaltr

« Reply #477 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 10:29:28 »
Any updates? Just made an account to keep in touch with this thread.
You can sign up on kbdfans.com to get on the wishlist.

Sent from my SM-J415G using Tapatalk

Offline inkz999

« Reply #478 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 10:47:52 »
Saw "coming soon" on KBD today, anyone knows what colorways are there going to be?

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline jollyeskimo

« Reply #479 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 12:05:37 »
Is it too late to ask about non-hotswap PCB options?

Emailed kbdfans and their response was pretty clear.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #480 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 12:06:15 »
Split backspace going to be supported?

Offline Vulcan

Re: [IC] MAJA (Majapahit) Ergo Keyboard --- [Coming Soon on KBDFANS]
« Reply #481 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 17:55:11 »
Hello Guys,

Sorry for a loong time without updating, not because i don't want to update but there is just nothing to update, all there time was just waiting, waiting and waiting. today i saw kbdfans website and there's MAJA coming soon and from now i think it's time to intensify communication with kbdfans. I will keep you guys updated every few days.

This is i what i know so far base on my last communication with kbdfans.

1. Color Option : Last time i communicate with kbdfans it's going to be Black, Grey, Rose gold/ silver.
2. Solder PCB : I have already suggested a soldered PCB with layout option, but i guess Kbdfans is more interested on Hot swap RGB. But I really hope there is still a possibility of future change.
3. Middle foam : Last time they say they didn't make it. i don't know if they didn't make it just for the proto or they don't want to make it foe the final product. when i ask they didn't reply back. I will ask again.
4. FCFS :Maja will be sale as a FCFS, not a GB.. Kbdfans stop doing GB because there is too much uncertainty. For The first batch of Maja we will make 100 case. if there is still demand we will make a second batch with different color and i really hope we can do multiple layout and solder version of PCB.

Thats all the update I have so far. I will contact KBDfans tomorrow and keep you guys updated.

Thank you,

Offline airyimbin

« Reply #482 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 17:57:33 »
Thanks for the update! I think the most important question is when the sale will happen.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #483 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 18:05:04 »
Thanks for the update! I think the most important question is when the sale will happen.

Ok, I will ask them out, thank you!  :thumb:

Offline YMwoo

« Reply #484 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 22:56:23 »
Hello Guys,

Sorry for a loong time without updating, not because i don't want to update but there is just nothing to update, all there time was just waiting, waiting and waiting. today i saw kbdfans website and there's MAJA coming soon and from now i think it's time to intensify communication with kbdfans. I will keep you guys updated every few days.

1. Color Option : Last time i communicate with kbdfans it's going to be Black, Grey, Rose gold/ silver.
2. Solder PCB : I have already suggested a soldered PCB with layout option, but i guess Kbdfans is more interested on Hot swap RGB. But I really hope there is still a possibility of future change.
3. Middle foam : Last time they say they didn't make it. i don't know if they didn't make it just for the proto or they don't want to make it foe the final product. when i ask they didn't reply back. I will ask again.
4. FCFS :Maja will be sale as a FCFS, not a GB.. Kbdfans stop doing GB because there is too much uncertainty. For The first batch of Maja we will make 100 case. if there is still demand we will make a second batch with different color and i really hope we can do multiple layout and solder version of PCB.

Thats all the update I have so far. I will contact KBDfans tomorrow and keep you guys updated.

Thank you,

Finally some update! FCFS is kinda stressful because you need to get in time unless the amount is high enough. I really hope there will be R2 later though since I don't think I can join in the R1 for now but still very interested in this keyboard.
Some questions/input:
  • Hoping for dark blue/navy color for later
  • Middle foam would be amazing
  • Any final pricing too?
  • Any plan to port into VIA?
  • What would be the plate options (and color)?

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #485 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 00:13:41 »
Hello Guys,

Thank you,
no dark green and no soldered pcb
too bad. was hoping to see that color.

that's gonna be a pass for me then :(

Offline Tree_

« Reply #486 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 01:14:46 »

I haven't checked in on this thread for quite awhile, but FCFS with a limit of 100 is a big yikes from me after thinking I could just wait for the board to come along as an in-stock item on KBDFans.

What's worse is the way this is worded, "If there is still demand" - Does that mean further rounds after the initial 100 aren't a sure thing?

Offline Executorg

« Reply #487 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 04:35:48 »
Hoping for dark blue/navy color for later
+1, Navy is what I really hoping for.

Offline beekey

« Reply #488 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 04:44:36 »
The original post lacks a bit of information. Is there an overview of which layouts are supported? I see it is a hotswap PCB. Is split backspace an option?

Offline mathewC

« Reply #489 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 05:48:14 »
Could you ask them how much time will be between R1 and R2 if they see there are many people asking for it? Is there a possibility of other plate options?
Lets say there will be a solderable pcb for R2, could you make it available for purchase separately for people who do get into R1?

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #490 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 08:52:26 »

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #491 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 09:11:14 »
Hello Guys,

Thank you,

Finally some update! FCFS is kinda stressful because you need to get in time unless the amount is high enough. I really hope there will be R2 later though since I don't think I can join in the R1 for now but still very interested in this keyboard.
Some questions/input:
  • Any final pricing too?

1. I'm also hoping in the future we could make more case color, but for now I think the standard color is the only option
2. I know, that's why I put it on the design, I hope Kbdfans didn't take them out.
3. I cant answer this. only kbdfnas knows.
4.maybe in the future
5. for now only brass, but I'm planing to also provide aluminum with many color, we will see.

Hello Guys,

Thank you,

I'm really sorry elmo :( I also wish we could make more color variety. but for r1 think standard color is the only option. I can only choose 3 color. for solder PCB I also wish we could do that. but Kbdfans wanted hot swap for r1.. but I'm planning to make solder version in the future.

4. FCFS :Maja will be sale as a FCFS, not a GB.. Kbdfans stop doing GB because there is too much uncertainty. For The first batch of Maja we will make 100 case. if there is still demand we will make a second batch with different color and i really hope we can do multiple layout and solder versions of PCB.

I haven't checked in on this thread for quite a while, but FCFS with a limit of 100 is a big yikes from me after thinking I could just wait for the board to come along as an in-stock item on KBDFans.

What's worse is the way this is worded, "If there is still demand" - Does that mean further rounds after the initial 100 aren't a sure thing?

What I understand from my conversation with Kbdfans is they will make more when it's out of stock.. but will stop making when they think the demand is getting low.

The original post lacks a bit of information. Is there an overview of which layouts are supported? I see it is a hotswap PCB. Is split backspace an option?

for R1 kbdfans wanted to do hotswap so only 1 layout like the render is supported, but personally I really wanted a soldered version of pcb with multiple layout option. I'm planing to make that in the future, I'm willing to spend some of my profit from this project to make that happen.
Could you ask them how much time will be between R1 and R2 if they see there are many people asking for it? Is there a possibility of other plate options?
Lets say there will be a solderable pcb for R2, could you make it available for purchase separately for people who do get into R1?

same as other kbdfans product, around 2-3 month .for plate option I will suggest them to make aluminum version.

Offline mathewC

[IC] MAJA (Majapahit) Ergo Keyboard --- [Coming Soon on KBDFANS]
« Reply #492 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 09:14:55 »
Hello Guys,

Thank you,

Some questions/input:
  • Any final pricing too?

1. I'm also hoping in the future we could make more case color, but for now I think the standard color is the only option
2. I know, that's why I put it on the design, I hope Kbdfans didn't take them out.
4.maybe in the future
5. for now only brass, but I'm planing to also provide aluminum with many color, we will see.

Hello Guys,

Thank you,

I'm really sorry elmo :( I also wish we could make more color variety. but for r1 think standard color is the only option. I can only choose 3 color. for solder PCB I also wish we could do that. but Kbdfans wanted hot swap for r1.. but I'm planning to make solder version in the future.

4. FCFS :Maja will be sale as a FCFS, not a GB.. Kbdfans stop doing GB because there is too much uncertainty. For The first batch of Maja we will make 100 case. if there is still demand we will make a second batch with different color and i really hope we can do multiple layout and solder versions of PCB.

I haven't checked in on this thread for quite a while, but FCFS with a limit of 100 is a big yikes from me after thinking I could just wait for the board to come along as an in-stock item on KBDFans.

What I understand from my conversation with Kbdfans is they will make more when it's out of stock.. but will stop making when they think the demand is getting low.

for R1 kbdfans wanted to do hotswap so only 1 layout like the render is supported, but personally I really wanted a soldered version of pcb with multiple layout option. I'm planing to make that in the future, I'm willing to spend some of my profit from this project to make that happen.

same as other kbdfans product, around 2-3 month .for plate option I will suggest them to make aluminum version.
Thanks for the response. Also, on the site I believe the pricing states $300. Also, I would love a polycarb or FR4 plate!

Offline YMwoo

« Reply #493 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 19:00:00 »
Some questions/input:
  • Any final pricing too?

4.maybe in the future

even though i appreciate kbdfans for their capability and helping you, i wish you have more freedom as the designer.
that being said, even though i don't think i can join in R1 just yet hoping that i can hop in the future run, and hopefully with more color options too!

anyway good luck and great job!

Offline ViciousVerbivore

« Reply #494 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 00:09:36 »
Confirmation of the FCFS format is disappointing to say the least, especially for a number as low as 100 (there are more than 600 people on the waiting list now, according to the KBDfans Majapahit product page, suggesting that there is definitely more demand than there will be supply). Couldn't there be some sort of compromise between a full-blown GB and an FCFS sale? Perhaps a 1 minute window for everyone who's interested to make a purchase, and then the orders get fulfilled in batches of whatever size KBDfans feels comfortable fulfilling? I can't help but feel that this is just going to end up playing into the hands of those looking to flip these on mechmarket, especially if KBDfans and/or Vulcan can't confirm beforehand that there will be future runs and at reasonable intervals (and who's to say there won't be repeat buyers from previous rounds there?).

Now, then, what's happening with that Primatech/Void Lisa GB? 

Offline TimeDoctor

« Reply #495 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 02:23:14 »
Time windowed sales aren’t fair for supply limited products, the only fair method is a lottery. The speculators and flippers are always better at making it into a short time window than everyone else.

Offline 2003987

« Reply #496 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 02:50:39 »
Any clue when will the sale start?

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #497 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 09:11:55 »
Time windowed sales aren’t fair for supply limited products, the only fair method is a lottery. The speculators and flippers are always better at making it into a short time window than everyone else.

Confirmation of the FCFS format is disappointing to say the least, especially for a number as low as 100 (there are more than 600 people on the waiting list now, according to the KBDfans Majapahit product page, suggesting that there is definitely more demand than there will be supply). Couldn't there be some sort of compromise between a full-blown GB and an FCFS sale? Perhaps a 1 minute window for everyone who's interested to make a purchase, and then the orders get fulfilled in batches of whatever size KBDfans feels comfortable fulfilling? I can't help but feel that this is just going to end up playing into the hands of those looking to flip these on mechmarket, especially if KBDfans and/or Vulcan can't confirm beforehand that there will be future runs and at reasonable intervals (and who's to say there won't be repeat buyers from previous rounds there?).

Now, then, what's happening with that Primatech/Void Lisa GB? 

Guys I think i didnt explain quite well.. this is not a exclusive limited product, you cant really flip this just like other kbdfans board, first batch kbdfnas will make 100 case with 3 color dan RGB PCB, when first batch sold out they will make second batch with other color and maybe solder pcb version.. they will keep doing this until the demand is low.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #498 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 09:16:27 »
Any clue when will the sale start?

This month

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #499 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 10:23:25 »

[/quote]

Guys I think i didnt explain quite well.. this is not a exclusive limited product, you cant really flip this just like other kbdfans board, first batch kbdfnas will make 100 case with 3 color dan RGB PCB, when first batch sold out they will make second batch with other color and maybe solder pcb version.. they will keep doing this until the demand is low.
[/quote]

Oh this will absolutely flip for more than purchase price. 100 kits will go fast. Just look at how the tofu v2 sold out quick and was flipped for more.