Author Topic: [GB] POM Jelly Keycaps with Lettered and Blank Variations  (Read 5944 times)

Offline Contrakey

• Contrakey
[GB] POM Jelly Keycaps with Lettered and Blank Variations
« on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 10:45:05 »
The Most Compatible POM Set GB is Now Over and Going into Production

I have fallen in love with the look and feel of this keycap set. However, I'm not the greatest typist in the world and I still need some help with the special characters/punctuation. And looking down to a sea of identical POM blocks doesn't help much. I know that there are definitely people out there that would love this keycap set but don't have the typing chops to go with blank keycaps. I worked out that side lettering would be the best option for this set and would be the least obtrusive to its unique translucence.

Another goal of this group buy is to create one singular kit, at a budget price, that has more compatibility than any other POM kit. Here are the results.

Bottom Row Mods Included in Every Set
  • 7u and 6.25u Spacebar
  • 1.75u Right Shift
  • 2.25u and 2.75u
  • Extra 4x 1u
  • 4x 1.5u
  • 2x 2u
  • 7x 1.25u

Sadly I wasn't able to also get an ISO enter into the kit for this run. I will be trying to get the key in again on restocks.

White Keycap Set With Side Lettering
  • Priced at $60
  • Lettering on alphas only
  • Blank letter coloring (Picture) which lets you customize them to any color you like (Picture) (Related Video) Unfortunately, I wasnt able to get a sample of the lettering because of backed up production.
  • MOQ of 250
  • Will come in a keycap tray
  • OEM Profile

Blank White Keycap Set
  • Priced at $50
  • MOQ of 250
  • Will come in a keycap tray
  • OEM Profile

See the product page for more pictures.

Details and FAQ

International Shipping
POM keycaps will be available to everyone around the world. However, I will not be using international vendors for the first wave of stock and will be looking into them for restocks.

Lead time
The following is the estimated time it will take the manufacturer to ship out the keycaps. This does not include shipping time from the manufacturer to me and from me to you.
  • Blank Keycaps will take about 1 month
  • Keycaps with lettering will take 3 months

Feel of POM Keycaps
POM is a much softer feeling material than ABS or PBT. The texture is a lot smoother than other keycaps as well. I personally now prefer the feel of POM much more. POM is also much more durable than ABS.

OEM Profile vs Cherry Profile
Cherry profile is not possible as it would take a MOQ that is way too high to ever reach. This is because all new cherry molds would cost a pretty penny to create.

Iso Enter
When an ISO enter is added into the set I would get extras of only that key so I could send some to customers that purchased the kit already for free. This is so customers that bought early don't feel like they are left out of a key because they adopted early.

Side vs Top Lettering
Side lettering is possible on POM keycaps but not top lettering. This is because the lettering is carved into the POM, so having debossed letters on top of each key would not feel very good.

Shipping
Orders will be shipped from the central USA. The first release of the keycap sets will be hand-packed and shipped out. The restocks that occur after the initial release would be handled by a fulfillment center for same-day packing no matter the number of orders or day of the week.

Other Colors
While other colors would be nice to have they would also split up orders and make MOQ harder to achieve. More colors would come second to expanding the availability to international vendors as well, so they seem to be far in the future.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 April 2021, 17:02:04 by Contrakey »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] POM Jelly Keycaps with Lettered and Blank Variations
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 14:04:52 »
Approved :thumb:

Offline powwu

• Discord
Re: [GB] POM Jelly Keycaps with Lettered and Blank Variations
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 13:11:45 »
Unfortunately, I wasnt able to get a sample of the lettering because of backed up production.

This is a shame, me and many others would have much preferred to see a sample of the lettered caps rather than blindly buying.