Author Topic: Modding a Matias TP3?  (Read 847 times)

Offline MrGPhantome

Modding a Matias TP3?
« on: Wed, 01 June 2011, 20:45:40 »
Hey Guys! New to the forums, but was always interested in Keyboards and general things that go click. I was not sure if this post should be in the keyboard thread or the mod thread. I didn't think it was appropriate however to create an article just for a question. Excuse me if this is not in the right section.

I have a Matias TP3 which I enjoy the fukka Alps well enough, (tapping away right now even) and I'm going to have a silver one soon to color match my imac.

When that one comes that will leave me with the standard white one free for me to whatever I want. I have a used AEK 1 keyboard with a busted ADB port and a DC2014 with blue alps but I can't use that for anything. Right now I'm thinking Alps switch mod.

I was hoping to get some comments from the vets here in these forums on their experiences with the TP3, and what would it take to do this mod. Would I have to desolder the fukka switches or just switch out the mechanisms? Would I have to remove the casing? Etc. I'm new to the idea of modding keyboards but I've been making and modifying arcade controllers for a time so I'm no stranger to these types of projects.

Thanks guys, and I'm looking forward to any comments.
"It\'s true what they say... If you dress Hitler up in a nice sweater... He\'s still f****** Adolf Hitler." - Cinema Snob