Author Topic: [IC] KAT Milkshake Doubleshot  (Read 10885 times)

Offline biip

• @biipmk
[IC] KAT Milkshake Doubleshot
« on: Wed, 22 November 2023, 05:32:31 »
KAT Milkshake Doubleshot

The title says it all. In both light & dark colorways.
GB: January 2024. More pics coming soon.

Specs:
  • Material: ~1.7mm Double-Shot PBT
  • Profile: KAT
  • Manufacturer: Keyreative

Confirmed Vendors:
  • 🇺🇸 Novelkeys
  • 🇪🇺 Oblotzky Industries
  • 🇨🇳 ZFrontier

Samples Pics

Kits

Thanks for the support.

Signature:
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=121951.msg3176280][img width=302 height=120]https://media.biipmk.com/kat_milkshake/KAT_Milkshake-DS_Signature.png[/img][/url]

Offline tactilesbad

Re: [IC] KAT Milkshake Doubleshot
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 22 November 2023, 05:37:16 »
possible ETA? it's keyreative after all

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 22 November 2023, 06:20:43 »
possible ETA? it's keyreative after all

Depending on the amount of sets sold during GB, 35 to 50 days of production.
Note that if we exceed 3k sets sold, it could take up to 80 days. But I doubt it would sell that well.

Offline norb

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 22 November 2023, 06:27:02 »
ne blanks avail?  :rolleyes:

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 22 November 2023, 08:03:08 »
never keyreative again.
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 22 November 2023, 09:21:38 »
never keyreative again.

I mean I'd say the same about ePBT after buying Less is more where the base color of the mods basically fade to white over the sides, but can you please explain your reaction so that others might learn from your experience?
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 22 November 2023, 17:41:03 »
It's a bit of a shame you couldn't get a UK vendor for this given that UK keys are in base, but I guess Oblotzky is fine too. Thanks for including that, by the way. Really appreciate it.

If it's gonna be only like six/eight weeks to produce, have you considered in stock over a GB model? Customer confidence in GBs is at all-time low.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 22 November 2023, 19:09:56 »
look at those massive kits!
i think you're better off stuffing them up even more with most of the 40s keys rather than having a nomad kit at all
the base kit is already massive, a few keys moved over to them could help people who enjoy keyboards of all sizes

r2 1.75u backspace
r2 1.25u backspace (if possible)
r2 1u esc, backspace
r3 1.75u enter
r3 1.5u enter
r3 1.25u tab, enter
r3 1u tab

and i mean... that's all you'd really need to add to base for physical support if you'd be willing to nix the nomad kit as a whole.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 23 November 2023, 00:14:23 »
I mean I'd say the same about ePBT after buying Less is more where the base color of the mods basically fade to white over the sides, but can you please explain your reaction so that others might learn from your experience?

not the person who said it but I can shed some reasoning.

I bought KAT Space dust in June of 2021 and now finally has it started to go into production/QC, they also randomly changed the printing on the keycaps from dye sub to doubleshot (which to be fair, now being in the hobby and understanding how keycap legending works, I do like the change, but this did delay production and also it was at a point where keyreative were just starting to release sets with the doubleshot as well) My epbt set was ordered 2 months later and came in august this year, so it's somehow worse that that. It's been so long that I'll probably have to change the shipping address for the second time which is just how long it's been.

This is why I cannot trust the eta that biip mentioned for production and think he should mention that for a lot of the kat sets, the experience has been where it's been several years and sets haven't even gone to production, let alone delievered.

While I can't personally show you set cause it hasn't started to deliver yet, I have heard bad QC from their products, like keys not being the right size bad, keep in mind that this was related to their dye sub caps, not their doubleshot products so I can't to attest to that.

These are personally my experiences though.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline PrizeOcelot5911

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 23 November 2023, 03:38:44 »
expect! ;)

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 23 November 2023, 04:49:51 »
It's a bit of a shame you couldn't get a UK vendor for this given that UK keys are in base, but I guess Oblotzky is fine too. Thanks for including that, by the way. Really appreciate it.

If it's gonna be only like six/eight weeks to produce, have you considered in stock over a GB model? Customer confidence in GBs is at all-time low.

I'm still looking for other regional vendors :thumb:

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 23 November 2023, 10:25:39 »
never keyreative again.

Your are right. Not only the excruciating, unacceptable and unforgivable delays, but also the quality was awful with many mis alignments and inconsistent legends. Never will give Missy to this company again.

I also had the same experience with epbt . Even though origami and brutalist are among my all time favorites, design-wise, the Delay and subpar quality means never again.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 November 2023, 11:09:55 by DaaDaa »
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 23 November 2023, 19:05:05 »
Honestly, I'm thinking I'd like to buy this but only if sold as in-stock. You say it'll only be three months max to produce, right? Why have a GB for such a short time anyway, just have the vendors wait that amount of time and then sell the set in-stock. GBs suck for us as buyers, and I as a customer would rather have the vendor assume the burden than doing so myself. I'd be fine with paying more if that's what it takes. Just my thoughts.

Offline PrizeOcelot5911

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 24 November 2023, 04:07:33 »
Candy colored keycaps with fruit. :thumb:

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 24 November 2023, 05:49:19 »
never keyreative again.

Your are right. Not only the excruciating, unacceptable and unforgivable delays, but also the quality was awful with many mis alignments and inconsistent legends. Never will give Missy to this company again.

The pics above are the actual samples. As this is doubleshot, there is no need to worry about blurry or misaligned legends.

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 24 November 2023, 05:53:53 »
Honestly, I'm thinking I'd like to buy this but only if sold as in-stock. You say it'll only be three months max to produce, right? Why have a GB for such a short time anyway, just have the vendors wait that amount of time and then sell the set in-stock. GBs suck for us as buyers, and I as a customer would rather have the vendor assume the burden than doing so myself. I'd be fine with paying more if that's what it takes. Just my thoughts.

Because it takes a lot of money to place an in-stock order and that unless you're big enough you can't do that for every set, especially in today's market where inventory tend to sit on the shelves.
3 months is nothing, try to order anything custom and let's see if you get it in a shorter timeframe.

GBs are just mandatory, we're in a niche hobby after all.

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 25 November 2023, 18:06:33 »

Because it takes a lot of money to place an in-stock order and that unless you're big enough you can't do that for every set, especially in today's market where inventory tend to sit on the shelves.
3 months is nothing, try to order anything custom and let's see if you get it in a shorter timeframe.

GBs are just mandatory, we're in a niche hobby after all.

As a customer: Good. Let the vendor assume the risk. I don't want to put my money at risk personally, given the swaths of vendors just going AWOL and leaving their customers high and dry, without any recourse other than begging their banks for reconciliation.

Were this a smaller set I might be inclined to agree but this is one of the hobby's biggest designers and a (somewhat) prolific colourway. This could absolutely be sold in-stock.

I'm interested but with the caveat that I'd much prefer to buy as in-stock. I don't see how that's invalid feedback.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 November 2023, 18:09:27 by aicyborg »

Offline OmniSzron

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 27 November 2023, 14:20:49 »
Interested. The OG dye-subbed set is brilliant, but some of the legends came out blurry AF. Doubleshot versions will hopefully be as crisp as they should.
Fox Lab Key 65 split space

Offline Techdude594

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 27 November 2023, 19:41:29 »
So excited for this set to come back! This is what got me into the hobby in the first place.

Any possibility of the Weirdos alphas coming back?

Offline Cevazii

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 28 November 2023, 08:38:47 »
I have a few KAT Doubleshot sets (Atlantis, Mizu, Explosion). The quality control is worlds better than the Dyesub sets to be sure, it doesn't have the nice thocky sound but everything looks crisp and clean. Plus Keyreative is trying to be more open and frequent with communication, so I'll give them that.

Anyways, I'm interest in this set, especially the dark set so hoorah!

Offline Necrolegion

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 11 December 2023, 21:12:41 »
I cannot go down that living nightmare that was KAT Explosion, Mizu, and Cyberspace. Wish you'd do this in MT3 or MTU profile with the support of Drop or GMK, hell I'd even settle for HSA from JTK as even JTK production times feel like a blink of an eye compared to the eons that Keyreative took.

Keyreative really burned their bridges with the inexplicable change to double shot and hellishly long delays. I'll never ever ever join a KAT set again, even if they go to an in-stock sale.

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 12 December 2023, 20:53:08 »
my dyesub KAT milkshake is unusable due to smudged legends, will you offer free replacements for defective KAT milkshake owners? 

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 14 December 2023, 20:43:20 »
my dyesub KAT milkshake is unusable due to smudged legends, will you offer free replacements for defective KAT milkshake owners? 

There's a bit of bleed here and I personally wouldn't be happy to receive this, but don't you think you're being a little bit melodramatic calling it "unusuable." I mean, categorically speaking it is still usable.

Anyways, renewing my call to consider this as in-stock. Please consider it!

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 14 December 2023, 21:34:20 »

Show Image

Show Image

thanks for beta testing

Offline keyreative

• keycaps
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 18 December 2023, 20:44:07 »

Show Image

Show Image

https://discord.gg/wdgYHdxdFh

Please DM me in discord and I will replace these for you.
⌨KAT/KAM profile owner
We make keycaps

http://www.xbigcat.com/
http://www.keyreative.store

Offline Damage

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 04 March 2024, 23:11:19 »
Any more word on this project?

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 05 March 2024, 03:28:32 »
Any more word on this project?

We've ordered a few kits that will soon be in stock, at the same time as a GB for extras :thumb:.