Author Topic: [IC]CaptusWorks Bauhaus [Update: Kit Adjustments, Color extensions]  (Read 13501 times)

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
289685-0

We are extremely proud to present our very first keyset designed and manufactured by us at CaptusWorks.
With this release, we would also like to promote our manufacturing quality and capabilities for our five side sublimated PBT keycaps, made to order

289687-1

CAPTUSWORKS PBT MANUFACTURER
Specifications and things we can do for you as a designer/private client/distributor

PBT keycaps with 1.5mm+ thickness
Profiles: Cherry (More to be acquired soon)
5 side sublimation method
Below 500 MOQ on most designs
No manufacturing que time - We are looking to color match, manufacture and deliver sets to distributors within less than 2 months after respective GB is completed!
Very responsive 24/7 client support
Streamlined design submission forms and custom packaging capabilities
Fair and negotiable designer cuts on our platform
Competitive market price points

Some sample preview:
More

And now back to the release...

IC FORM: https://forms.gle/TWfPxVXx2JFw3GEU8

289689-2

As this is our second set based (loosely) on architecture history, we wanted to stay away from overwhelmingly neutral and pale colors. As we are currently in love with the early 20th century Bauhaus and De Stijl movement, it seemed natural to include it's affection for the three primary colors in the set. The historical movement itself is not purely based around architecture, instead they extended their distinctive style and palette to various artistic mediums. This is what we tried to emphasise in our novelties and our palette.
Click for visuals

More

289701-3

289703-4
Physical matching:

289691-5

Base

Novelties

Color Extensions

40s

NorDeUk

Numpad

Spacebars

289693-6

Please note pictures were made in a rush; different boards and setups are coming soon
More

289695-7

289697-8
Designs
More

291597-9

289699-10

TBA

289705-11

TBA

289707-12

TBA

289709-13

TBA

289711-14

TBA

Please, feel free to voice any errors or critical observations you may find with the set here, or on our discord channel (link below)!
For any FAQ, also visit our discord channel and DM one of the admins freely!

Social Links

Signature
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=117970.0][img height=120]https://i.imgur.com/BEX6ydx.png[/img][/url]

« Last Edit: Wed, 09 November 2022, 07:24:43 by CaptusKeys »

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
Thanks for providing sample images!
Any IP stuffs to be worried about here?
That said - you did a good job translating the theme. Set looks good.
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 July 2022, 20:35:12 by HappyB0T »

Offline Hakatype

Looks alright, but isn't this De Stijl?

Offline 0xtanja

• need 1.5u supers
    • linktr.ee/tanjarinne
I see 1.5u supers! Cool!  :eek:

I see some inconsistencies between the base and the 40s kits:

• The `Esc` keys in the base kit have a legend, whereas all the `Esc` keys in the 40s kit have an icon
  • The `Delete` keys in the base kit have a legend, whereas the one in the 40s kit has an icon
  • All the `Control` and `Ctrl` keys in the base kit have a legend, whereas in the 40s kit, there are two control icons, but only on row 2 - row 1 ones have legends
  • The base kit has two `Enter` keys that are not accented, but the 40s kit only has accented `Enter` keys

I'd say based on the number of inconsistent keys, it would be easier to replace those icons with text legends than the other way around as you would need to redo your entire base kit mods

I like the colour palette!
Good luck with IC

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
I see 1.5u supers! Cool!  :eek:

I see some inconsistencies between the base and the 40s kits:

• The `Esc` keys in the base kit have a legend, whereas all the `Esc` keys in the 40s kit have an icon
  • The `Delete` keys in the base kit have a legend, whereas the one in the 40s kit has an icon
  • All the `Control` and `Ctrl` keys in the base kit have a legend, whereas in the 40s kit, there are two control icons, but only on row 2 - row 1 ones have legends
  • The base kit has two `Enter` keys that are not accented, but the 40s kit only has accented `Enter` keys

I'd say based on the number of inconsistent keys, it would be easier to replace those icons with text legends than the other way around as you would need to redo your entire base kit mods

I like the colour palette!
Good luck with IC

Thank you so much for the observations, this is just what we need early on!

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
Looks alright, but isn't this De Stijl?

Yes, it is also a big part of the inspiration as they were sort of the same movement historically with early bauhaus! Thanks for pointing that out!

Offline Bonsa

nice Reverso :) I dig the theme, glad to see you in the 40s discord to sort 40s kitting out!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
if you want to show off your 5 side dyesub capabilities, don't you think it would make more sense to do a reverse dyesub set?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
Thanks for providing sample images!
Any IP stuffs to be worried about here?
That said - you did a good job translating the theme. Set looks good.

Great point! Most of these motifs and designs were symbolic to the early 20th century Bauhaus and De Stijl movement, it doesn't hold up to ip issues, plus we also created lot of unique stuff within this art style especially at the novelties!

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
alpha colored bars in base and accented ones in child kit please

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

Ready to buy.

Suggestion from someone who likes garish: Alt alpha kit, make it colorful.

Offline turangaleela

• らんだむぶれいん!わおっ 叫んじゃえ わおっ
Pretty!!
Was Mondrian Bauhaus?

Offline whirlwind

I like this a lot, I am a fan of abstract geometric art in general and I am glad to see a Bahaus inspired keycap set. Good luck with the IC! :thumb:

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
Pretty!!
Was Mondrian Bauhaus?

Thank you!

He was part of the De Stijl movement and basically did abstract modernist art :)

Offline turangaleela

• らんだむぶれいん!わおっ 叫んじゃえ わおっ
Pretty!!
Was Mondrian Bauhaus?

Thank you!

He was part of the De Stijl movement and basically did abstract modernist art :)

I learn something new every day!

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
I like it!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
I like it!

Would look pretty nice on my sliver Haus board  :p

Offline Keeblet_257

is this what we can expect from your "manufacturing quality and capabilities"? so many keys are warped because of 5 side dye sub and applying heat to the whole cap

Offline rpiguy9907

Mondron reborn

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
is this what we can expect from your "manufacturing quality and capabilities"? so many keys are warped because of 5 side dye sub and applying heat to the whole cap

Hey there! First of all, thank you for your constructive feedback and observation! Indeed the picture you refer to has some minor inconsistencies with some of the caps of the prototype installed. We can now boldly promise a 99% precision and success rate when it comes to equal heat distribution and preventing even minor warping. We still wanted to upload that picture with that early prototype because 1. We want transparency above everything else and we want the market and community decide on our quality themselves 2. We want to share consistently what direction our production capabilities take and if in the future we can hold a respectable market share on manufacturing we do not want a "sudden quality drop" as many other brands have experienced.

PS: Please if you have time refer to the sample preview section and check out those brown samples and see if you find any discrepancies with them! Those aren't the latest ones either but thats the freshest picture we have until we can drop another sample preview batch!

Offline Keeblet_257

Hey there! First of all, thank you for your constructive feedback and observation! Indeed the picture you refer to has some minor inconsistencies with some of the caps of the prototype installed. We can now boldly promise a 99% precision and success rate when it comes to equal heat distribution and preventing even minor warping. We still wanted to upload that picture with that early prototype because 1. We want transparency above everything else and we want the market and community decide on our quality themselves 2. We want to share consistently what direction our production capabilities take and if in the future we can hold a respectable market share on manufacturing we do not want a "sudden quality drop" as many other brands have experienced.

PS: Please if you have time refer to the sample preview section and check out those brown samples and see if you find any discrepancies with them! Those aren't the latest ones either but thats the freshest picture we have until we can drop another sample preview batch!
it certainly did improve compared to the first proto, however it still needs improvements as some are still wapred. Im looking forward to future proto pictures.

Offline lucarc

This is very nice, nice interpretation of the Bauhaus design language! Definitely gonna check this if it goes to production :D

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
Re: [IC] CaptusWorks CAP Bauhaus [Renders added!] !New PBT Manufacturer!
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 19 August 2022, 10:05:50 »
Updating here (since somehow i forgot to reserve first reply...)
-Added board renders and deskmat renders!
-Collabs otw, vendors soon!

Offline PlayBox

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 19 August 2022, 14:05:21 »
always happy for the new pbt manu. the novelties look very nice i like these, but here comes the sad part: i'm too poor for these so the only way to get that is to get clones that will propably never exist
propably sent from my amazon kindle 10th gen

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 22 August 2022, 07:14:31 »

-added IC form finally, please fill it if you are interested  :thumb:
Thank you so much for the feedback so far everyone! Will keep updating the project with an artisanal, a collaboration and reserve vendors as soon as its viable!

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 21 September 2022, 10:57:16 »

Thank you so much for the feedback so far everyone! Will keep updating the project with an artisanal, a collaboration and reserve vendors as soon as its viable!

-added new in-house manufactured Captus Artisanal concept and render animation

Offline mariajose1197

Re: [IC] CaptusWorks CAP Bauhaus [New Artisanal!] !New PBT Manufacturer!
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 21 September 2022, 13:36:31 »
Love this concept!!! :p

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 09 November 2022, 07:27:52 »

-added new in-house manufactured Captus Artisanal concept and render animation

2022.11.09:
Added Color extension kit for different spacebars etc, and the remaining two colors of the esc
As suggested, we updated the NorDeUk kit and fixed some kitting issues

Offline notcheese

• smolboardsonly
Re: [IC]CaptusWorks Bauhaus [Update: Kit Adjustments, Color extensions]
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 09 December 2022, 09:16:18 »
Dope set!!!! - would be good to have beige split spacebars in the kitting as well to match the alphas

Offline CaptusKeys

• * Vendor
    • Captus Keycaps
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 09 December 2022, 10:44:44 »
Dope set!!!! - would be good to have beige split spacebars in the kitting as well to match the alphas

Thanks! Alpha color split is something that we completely forgot about, huge thanks for pointing that out! Will update soon!

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 11 December 2022, 12:25:39 »
now this set is def one that I could get with :D