geekhack Community > Off Topic

What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.

<< < (344/493) > >>

treeleaf64:
I am watching IMSA 24 Hours of Daytona and new GTP class is very cool !

https://www.imsa.com/tvlive/

tp4tissue:
Wakanda forever.

now.. one can appreciate that they've leaned into more story elements, but i think we're near exhaustion of the film length format for this sort of thing. the plot devices were too short to be of any depth, and too long between action sequences. the worst combination.

the future of short stories might entirely be in the realm of high budget tv-epics like altered carbon.

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Wed, 01 February 2023, 10:31:11 ---
i think we're near exhaustion

--- End quote ---

I hit that mark with Marvel movies quite a few years ago, and, in my opinion, the "Wakanda" concept is certainly the weakest of the lot.

Even Doctor Strange, possibly my favorite comic character from half a century ago, and whose revival I thought was particularly successful, desperately needed at least 20%-30% edited out of his movies.

tp4tissue:
Wandering Earth 2,  the CGI is top notch. set pieces are great.

plot,  it's a "prequel" , so it explains some of the lead up to the 1st movie.

overall, it's felt like a distillation of many scifi elements in a very narrow time window.  so it's not wordy, and at times you do feel a bit rushed.

minor political speech, but this is common for all military oriented movies even american ones.

Worth watching for the graphix alone though, so no let down there.

fohat.digs:
Just finished Station Eleven.

Neat idea, but frustrating to watch. It was far too slow, and there was far too much emphasis on the "before time" but it was a solid "B" overall.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version