Author Topic: [GB] LZ St (COMPLETED)  (Read 72509 times)

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
Re: [GB] LZ St (COMPLETED)
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 19:20:06 »
Hi Guys, I'm just soldering switch LEDs into my board right now. What's the default shortcut for turning them on and off? I just want to check they're working before I faff about with programming stuff...

i believe it's done in firmware

As in, I have to program/flash it first before I can test it?  Well... damn.

it's jigon, takes 2 minutes

Yep. It was my first time. Easier than expected. Cheers man.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #251 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 11:03:55 »
any chance this will be rerun? I need a decent 660 layout custom. this kbd66 is giving me problems.

Offline dc_in_sf

• Old Bastard
« Reply #252 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 11:17:41 »
any chance this will be rerun? I need a decent 660 layout custom. this kbd66 is giving me problems.

I think your best options in the available soon schema of things are probably the Zephyr or the Clueboard

I have the Clueboard and alternate it with the St as my daily drivers. I passed on the Zephyr because it is a winkeyless layout which is not for me but looks like a really nice board.

If this ever does re-run in some version jump on it though, I love my St.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #253 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 11:20:42 »
Wish I jumped on this. I just realized lz offered an acrylic insert. Such a nice board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #254 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 11:21:52 »

I think your best options in the available soon schema of things are probably the Zephyr or the Clueboard

I have the Clueboard and alternate it with the St as my daily drivers. I passed on the Zephyr because it is a winkeyless layout which is not for me but looks like a really nice board.

My only problem with the clueboard is no support for in switch leds. Other than that I wouldn’t mind buying one

Offline dc_in_sf

• Old Bastard
« Reply #255 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 19:13:48 »
My only problem with the clueboard is no support for in switch leds. Other than that I wouldn’t mind buying one

I don't really care for in switch LEDs myself, so actually just installed a Clueboard PCB into my St :-)

As an FYI for anyone else that might be considering this:

1. The Clueboard PCB as shipped will not work with the spacer, as the CB PCB does not have clipped corners, you will either need to clip or file the corners on the PCB or file out the inside corner of the spacer to make room
2. If you don't use the spacer, there is not sufficient clearance in the case for the clueboard pcb reset switch

I just unsoldered the reset switch since under QMK you can map a key combo to reset, and worst case short the pins. Since the switch is not externally accessible in the ST case (unlike the CB case) this is not a big deal.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #256 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 19:15:33 »

I have two St's and one has a Clueboard in. It has places for leds in some of the switches (arrows and a few others) and the underlighting is amazing, better than the Leeku PCB that comes with the St. But anyway, good luck in your search!

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #257 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 19:19:32 »

I don't really care for in switch LEDs myself, so actually just installed a Clueboard PCB into my St :-)

As an FYI for anyone else that might be considering this:

1. The Clueboard PCB as shipped will not work with the spacer, as the CB PCB does not have clipped corners, you will either need to clip or file the corners on the PCB or file out the inside corner of the spacer to make room
2. If you don't use the spacer, there is not sufficient clearance in the case for the clueboard pcb reset switch

I just unsoldered the reset switch since under QMK you can map a key combo to reset, and worst case short the pins. Since the switch is not externally accessible in the ST case (unlike the CB case) this is not a big deal.

Maybe a different version of the Clueboard but I had no problem installing my PCB in polycarb St case, which I'm pretty sure is the same design as the alu one.

Offline achille

« Reply #258 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 16:41:22 »

Maybe a different version of the Clueboard but I had no problem installing my PCB in polycarb St case, which I'm pretty sure is the same design as the alu one.

Hi, I'm about to setup my LZ with a clueboard, but I can't figure out the right way to set it up, so going through each layer top to bottom is:

- Cover
- Plate
- Plastic insert
- Switch
- PCB
- Base ?

I tried setting it up a few ways (without soldiering) but they all seem unstable.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #259 on: Sun, 15 July 2018, 22:09:37 »

Hi, I'm about to setup my LZ with a clueboard, but I can't figure out the right way to set it up, so going through each layer top to bottom is:

- Cover
- Plate
- Plastic insert
- Switch
- PCB
- Base ?

I tried setting it up a few ways (without soldiering) but they all seem unstable.

im confused send photo
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #260 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 03:48:52 »

- Cover
- Plate
- Plastic insert
- Switch
- PCB
- Base ?

Put your switches through the plate and into pcb. Solder. Screw into top piece. Sandwich the diffuser between all that and the base and screw it all together.

Offline achille

« Reply #261 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 10:58:00 »
Put your switches through the plate and into pcb. Solder. Screw into top piece. Sandwich the diffuser between all that and the base and screw it all together.

Got it, thanks. LZ didn't provide an Alps compatible plate, so it doesn't seem like the switches fit. Did you use a custom plate?

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #262 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 14:07:47 »

Got it, thanks. LZ didn't provide an Alps compatible plate, so it doesn't seem like the switches fit. Did you use a custom plate?

Ah no wonder you were having trouble! No I used a poly plate he provided which is MX compatible. AFAIK he didn't make an alps plate. Best bet is to mail him and see if he'll give you the file for the plate then mod it yourself or see if someone in the community can help you mod it/get it made.

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #263 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 15:01:46 »
Hello guys, I just got an LZxASRH. Can you help me to program this? I am a real noob, sorry.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #264 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 17:51:54 »
Hello guys, I just got an LZxASRH. Can you help me to program this? I am a real noob, sorry.
Nice man. Good you got out the owl660

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #265 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 18:39:45 »

It should use Jigon, this guide is helpful: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=83950.0

Offline Tree_

« Reply #266 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 20:12:50 »
Nice man. Good you got out the owl660

Wish I was _ODIN_ right now.

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #267 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 00:16:20 »

It should use Jigon, this guide is helpful: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=83950.0
Thanks

Gesendet von meinem H8416 mit Tapatalk

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #268 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 14:07:17 »
If anyone has an extra PCB that he or she is willing to sell please PM me.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #269 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 18:45:39 »
If anyone has an extra PCB that he or she is willing to sell please PM me.

The clueboard pcb is also an option.