Author Topic: Ceraclack Service Complete, no more orders  (Read 39913 times)

Offline Tyson

Re: Tyson's Cerakote Liaison Service (Wave 1 of 8 Started)
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 20:49:47 »
I just added a public spreadsheet with people's positions, boards, and colors. People who have filled out the form can look over what board and colors they selected for the top and bottom colors. Here's the spreadsheet

Oh dang I'm #12! Wave 3 ftw. Only thing that needs to be different is the change from Cobalt to Magpul Stealth Grey H-188Q.

I was able to get 7 boards for the first wave so it looks like you will be part of wave two! :) I'll also update that for you on the spreadsheet.

Edit: Updated!

Offline poodude

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 21:06:06 »
Just passing this along from a Reddit post. You can order color swatches of the  H series colors for free. May be smart to try different colors next to your board in different lighting conditions.

You can get up to 5 per request:

https://www.cerakote.com/finishes/swatches/?product_id

Offline Tyson

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 21:32:20 »
Just passing this along from a Reddit post. You can order color swatches of the  H series colors for free. May be smart to try different colors next to your board in different lighting conditions.

The owner of the shop already ordered me a color ring of all the colors so I can compared them and post pics of them for whenever someone wants to see a specific color. But yeah if people on the list want a specific color and you are having to wait a bit, might as well as order the color you want to see if it's exactly what you want. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 January 2019, 21:37:41 by tyson522 »

Offline rondg

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 22:26:01 »
I just added a public spreadsheet with people's positions, boards, and colors. People who have filled out the form can look over what board and colors they selected for the top and bottom colors. Here's the spreadsheet

Only the top and bottom are cerakoted? Is it possible to cerakote other parts of the keyboard?

Of course! It's going to cost more and we can talk about it when I send you a private message when it is time for your wave.

Thanks for clarifying. Sorry I got confused.  ;D

Offline Tyson

Re: Tyson's Cerakote Liaison Service (Wave 1 of 8 Started) [Capped for now]
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 17:04:54 »
 Form filled up, entry to the form has been closed off for now. I'll open it again once all 40 boards are finished and mailed back to their owners.

Offline Tyson

Re: Tyson's Cerakote Liaison Service (Wave 1 of 6 Started) [Capped for now]
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 21:04:44 »
Just finished labeling all the pieces for the first wave. I will be taking them to the shop tomorrow afternoon. Here's an example of how I label each part of the boards.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: Tyson's Cerakote Liaison Service (Wave 1 of 6 Started) [Capped for now]
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 23:02:21 »
Awesome, can't wait!

Offline Tyson

Re: Tyson's Cerakote Liaison Service (Wave 1 of 6 at shop) [Capped for now]
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 17:50:02 »
All boards have been dropped off and I have been given a quote of next friday as the completion date for all of them. I ended up taking more than I expected for this first batch and took 11 keyboards, but thankfully since I labeled every single piece for each board the shop isn't going to get confused. Once this first wave is completed I will take the next 10 boards and we can definitely shorten the waves down to 4! I'm going to leave my expected completion date and set that as my challenge to beat! I hope everyone is happy with these little updates. I also got confirmation that the shop can indeed cerakote brass along with any metal you have. I have a few pics of a custom red samurai Jetfire brass Weight that they are currently trying to match colors for. I told them it needs a little bit more red in the mix, the current mix seems to be too brown/maroon. Almost like a Aggie Maroon.

Offline rondg

Re: Tyson's Cerakote Liaison Service (Wave 1 of 4 at shop) [Capped for now]
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 18:09:46 »
Nice! I kinda wish that this will be a continuous thing.. I have future board purchases that I would like to be cerakoted.  ;D

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Tyson's Cerakote Liaison Service (Wave 1 of 6 at shop) [Capped for now]
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 18:10:33 »
All boards have been dropped off and I have been given a quote of next friday as the completion date for all of them. I ended up taking more than I expected for this first batch and took 11 keyboards, but thankfully since I labeled every single piece for each board the shop isn't going to get confused. Once this first wave is completed I will take the next 10 boards and we can definitely shorten the waves down to 4! I'm going to leave my expected completion date and set that as my challenge to beat! I hope everyone is happy with these little updates. I also got confirmation that the shop can indeed cerakote brass along with any metal you have. I have a few pics of a custom red samurai Jetfire brass Weight that they are currently trying to match colors for. I told them it needs a little bit more red in the mix, the current mix seems to be too brown/maroon. Almost like a Aggie Maroon.

Show Image

Show Image

Wow.  Don’t let them forget what that maroon mix was.  Looks like a perfect match for maxkey Royalty!

Offline Tyson

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 18:10:49 »
Nice! I kinda wish that this will be a continuous thing.. I have future board purchases that I would like to be cerakoted.  ;D

It’s going to be! For sure man!

Offline Tyson

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 18:11:24 »

Show Image

Show Image

Wow.  Don’t let them forget what that maroon mix was.  Looks like a perfect match for maxkey Royalty!

I’ll text them right now to save that mix. ;)

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 02:53:14 »

This advice was golden. By doing so we found the perfect grey for what she's going for. I'll try to get some decent photos, but judging the slight nuances is best done in person. Anyone that is really picky with matching shades perfectly should get on this as soon as possible before your turn. I filled out the order form on Tuesday or Wednesday and got them on Monday without the rush service.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 09:22:05 »
Thanks for the link to order samples.  I had no idea that was there and I've browsed the colors for about a year now.  Ha!  Ordered some!

Tyson, how much does your guy charge for custom colors? I assume it costs more?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 11:26:10 »
Thanks for the link to order samples.  I had no idea that was there and I've browsed the colors for about a year now.  Ha!  Ordered some!

Tyson, how much does your guy charge for custom colors? I assume it costs more?

I got a quote back from him on custom colors on a normal sized 60% with just a top and bottom piece and he let me know it was going to be about $40. So not too much more. I started talking to them about making a custom Bento color for a board of mine. But since we don't have anything to show the color in person I'll just have to wait.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 11:31:47 »
Communication and progress, so far, has been on point and as described. Looking forward to sharing the results with all interested parties soon - I think we are going to wear out Tyson pretty quick seeing how fast that form filled up!

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 23:21:54 »
Just saw that mendis got Electric Yellow. Immediately reminded me of Lou on the mushrooms-laced vegetable juice:

Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 00:03:56 »
Just saw that mendis got Electric Yellow. Immediately reminded me of Lou on the mushrooms-laced vegetable juice:

Show Image

I love that yellow and it would go great with yolch or miami nights for sure.  I'm just too chicken to get it on an expensive board :P
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 January 2019, 00:11:50 by pixelpusher »

Offline Tyson

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 13:49:21 »
Stopped by the shop to drop off a my 60XT along with a friends board, the owner said that most of them will be ready for pick up tomorrow! We talked for a bit and he mentioned that they can also do some pretty cool designs if anyone was interested in having a design on a board. He also mentioned that they can do some special pearlescent colors and told me to check out Gun Candy if anyone wanted to see what those colors look like. No pics yet, my visit today was very brief. I'll post pics when I get the boards tomorrow.

Offline neojonathan

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 13:59:23 »
Dang, I'm bummed that I forgot to hop on this service :(

Hope everyone get's cool designs and colors !

Offline Tyson

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 14:38:22 »
Dang, I'm bummed that I forgot to hop on this service :(

Hope everyone get's cool designs and colors !

It's all good man! At the current rate that they are working on the boards, I'm sure I'll be done with the first batch of 40 faster than I expected!

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 15:32:37 »
Stopped by the shop to drop off a my 60XT along with a friends board, the owner said that most of them will be ready for pick up tomorrow! We talked for a bit and he mentioned that they can also do some pretty cool designs if anyone was interested in having a design on a board. He also mentioned that they can do some special pearlescent colors and told me to check out Gun Candy if anyone wanted to see what those colors look like. No pics yet, my visit today was very brief. I'll post pics when I get the boards tomorrow.

Those "gun candy" coatings look sick. Are they similar to cerakote, or something completely different?

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 15:37:06 »
I took a picture of some of the various greys, with a white balance card (your monitor might have different color calibration than what the colors are in reality). It was fun comparing each with my SO to see which matches her board...like picking the paint color for a kid's room or something.

1. Stone Grey
2. Glock Grey         4. Cobalt
3. SIG Dark Grey    5. Magpul Stealth Grey

Some notes:

*The Glock Grey had a bit of a bluish tint.
*Cobalt has a slightly rough, fine texture, with tiny sparkles.
*Magpul Stealth Grey is hard to distinguish from black. It's the most charcoal of all the greys.

We went with SIG Dark Grey because it was a true grey, and was darker than Stone Grey. Beautiful colors all around.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 16:41:03 »

Those "gun candy" coatings look sick. Are they similar to cerakote, or something completely different?

Definitely Cerakote, their just mixes of other colors. I'm getting my 60XT cerakoted in Blue Steel to match Nautilus colors. Should be really good!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 16:47:14 »
I took a picture of some of the various greys, with a white balance card (your monitor might have different color calibration than what the colors are in reality). It was fun comparing each with my SO to see which matches her board...like picking the paint color for a kid's room or something.

Show Image

1. Stone Grey

Some notes:

*Magpul Stealth Grey is hard to distinguish from black. It's the most charcoal of all the greys.

We went with SIG Dark Grey because it was a true grey, and was darker than Stone Grey. Beautiful colors all around.

That’s very cool to see the colors compared.  I have some swatches coming soon and I can take photos too. I’ll put some common keycap sets beside them.  Do you have anything with N9 gray to put next to those?  Maybe Dolch or hydro or coniferous?   Or maybe a lighter gray like in hyperfuse or Honeywell?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 16:50:17 »
All of the second wave has been contacted, and some are already starting to pay the invoice!

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 17:10:14 »
Show Image

1. Stone Grey

That’s very cool to see the colors compared.  I have some swatches coming soon and I can take photos too. I’ll put some common keycap sets beside them.  Do you have anything with N9 gray to put next to those?  Maybe Dolch or hydro or coniferous?   Or maybe a lighter gray like in hyperfuse or Honeywell?

Good idea! Here it is:

Clockwise from left: SA Oblivion, GMK 9009, GMK Terminal, GMK Dolch. You might need to go into MS Paint and move some of the caps around to compare them to each swatch.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 February 2019, 13:06:04 by fatpolomanjr »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 17:21:47 »
Thanks!

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 12:29:31 »

Show Image

1. Stone Grey

Some notes:

Thanks for posting these.  I'm trying to go with a grey color also.  What is the texture like for the SIG Dark Grey that you choose?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 14:04:04 »
Just got back from the shop again today with 2 boards completed so far! Archdill's OD Green Revo RJ and DanDan's Robin Egg Blue 96kee! I'll be mailing them out tomorrow so they can get their boards back and enjoy them! So far I've only gotten a pic of the Revo RJ, so here it is!

Offline rondg

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 15:00:02 »
That looks so good. Curious how the robin blue 96kee turned out.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 20:30:05 »
Thanks for posting these.  I'm trying to go with a grey color also.  What is the texture like for the SIG Dark Grey that you choose?

All the colors I posted are smooth and matte, except for the Cobalt.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 21:33:55 »
Just got back from the shop again today with 2 boards completed so far! Archdill's OD Green Revo RJ and DanDan's Robin Egg Blue 96kee! I'll be mailing them out tomorrow so they can get their boards back and enjoy them! So far I've only gotten a pic of the Revo RJ, so here it is!

Show Image

So excited, that looks amazing!

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 21:27:34 »

Show Image

So excited, that looks amazing!

Man that olive drab is PERFECT! :thumb:

Offline Tyson

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 10:59:48 »
Just spoke to Abel from the shop,gloss black, graphite black and zombie green boards are all done. Which means my Nightfox, Japanesehorrorwriter's Pearl and Poblopuablo's Lunar AEK are done.  I will try to pick these up today on my lunch break! I also created a discord for the service! I'll be posting updates and everything in there on top of keeping this thread updated. Hope to see you in there! https://discord.gg/sgcqgWK

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 11:38:14 »
Just spoke to Abel from the shop,gloss black, graphite black and zombie green boards are all done. Which means my Nightfox, Japanesehorrorwriter's Pearl and Poblopuablo's Lunar AEK are done.  I will try to pick these up today on my lunch break! I also created a discord for the service! I'll be posting updates and everything in there on top of keeping this thread updated. Hope to see you in there! https://discord.gg/sgcqgWK

looking forward to seeing these colors with keycaps on them! 

Offline Tyson

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 13:29:46 »
Just got back those three boards! Check them out!

Offline Tyson

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 00:19:39 »
Small roadblock for the few boards I have that are ready to get mailed out... I apologize for not printing out shipping labels today. I bought a printer with intention to print out labels to mail out some of the boards tomorrow. I set everything up then realized I forgot to buy paper... I'll print out the labels at work tomorrow and drop your stuff off. As for the rest of the boards from Wave 1, I will be going to Dallas on Friday for the meetup and for the Red Velvet concert up there, I will be getting back on Monday night and should be able to ship some if not all the rest of Wave 1 out. Friday morning I will be stopping by the shop to grab the rest of the boards that are still there, expect more pics and if you haven't already I suggest you join my discord, I am making sure to keep updates on here, but am on discord for 90% of my day so more updates are posted there first! https://discord.gg/sgcqgWK

Offline wtfridge

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 15:41:13 »

Show Image

That board in the middle, what color is that, Graphite Black? (Asking because I've currently written down Graphite Black for my board's color)

Also that green one looks awesome

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 16:06:17 »

Show Image

It looks like the right hand side of the board at the top might have some imperfections, it might just be the lighting or something though. Can you verify?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 16:22:19 »

Show Image

That board in the middle, what color is that, Graphite Black? (Asking because I've currently written down Graphite Black for my board's color)

Also that green one looks awesome

Yep! That Lunar is Graphite Black! Glad you like the color!

Offline Tyson

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 16:24:15 »

Show Image

It looks like the right hand side of the board at the top might have some imperfections, it might just be the lighting or something though. Can you verify?

That is from the owner bringing it out with wet hands. She had just washed her hand and handed the board to me. The color being Gloss Black kept the smudge on it when she sat it down. I wiped it off right after the pic.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 16:52:13 »

Show Image

That is from the owner bringing it out with wet hands. She had just washed her hand and handed the board to me. The color being Gloss Black kept the smudge on it when she sat it down. I wiped it off right after the pic.

Ah, okay. Thanks!

Offline Tyson

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 11:51:15 »
New update! I have quiet a bit of news! I've received 8 of the 9 boards for Wave 2, I have been trying to contact the owner of the last board to get him to mail it out, but unfortunately he has yet to mail it out. Instead of waiting for his board to come in I'm just going to take all 8 to the shop tomorrow. They will be working on the boards as fast as they can as Tara (the shop owners wife and assistant) will be giving birth on Monday. Because of this wave 2 might take a little longer to be completed, or all the boards might get completed faster and be done by Sunday. Either case, I will be contacting Wave 3 people when the shop is back up and running. Hopefully that doesn't take too long. I will keep everyone updated on this situation! Thankfully we are head of the schedule that I set in place.

Offline eyedrop

Re: Tyson's Cerakote Liaison Service (Wave 2 of 4 in progress) [Capped for now]
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 12:36:45 »
Do you want the board disassembled when mailing it to you?  Do we keep the screws or send it with the board?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 12:41:07 »
Do you want the board disassembled when mailing it to you?  Do we keep the screws or send it with the board?

That would be best, I don't mind if you send your board with the screws in it to keep everything in place in transit, I've been putting screws in baggies and labeling them so I know which screws go with which boards.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 21:06:32 »
Update 11 (2/14/19): Went to the shop today, none of the boards were done.  I did walk into the back of the shop and saw the QKL on a table along with THE50's getting prepped to get media blasted.
Tara was the only one there Abel (The Shop Owner) had left for the day, she said that she was going to stay late today and hopefully get everything in the oven.
There's a chance she will have her baby tomorrow, it would be better if she has the baby tomorrow because that would mean Abel would be able to come back to work on Monday.
If she has the baby on Monday Abel will be out the whole week.
Meaning the shop will be closed for a week. This probably isn't the update anyone wanted to hear. Wave 2 is going to be slower than Wave 1 it seems. Please refer to the spreadsheet for updates on the status of Wave 2. I will update in here as always.

Offline japanesehorrorwriter

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 21:09:40 »
No worries and take your time Ty. I think everyone knows how valuable this service is, and being patient to get it all done right should be ok.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #98 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 23:30:41 »
I've just gotta get in the next group.  I had a plan and it fell through.  Now my 268.1 AG is just bare aluminum.  HALP

Offline Tyson

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 21:58:36 »
Update 12 (2/26/19): Went to the shop yesterday and today to deliver all the boards from wave 2. I also picked up some of the last remaining boards from wave 1. A few of them are still there. I talked to Tara about all the boards that were being dropped off and she mentioned to me that her and Abel are probably going to have to start raising the price on the next wave of boards. Unfortunately they underestimated the amount of time and effort that it takes to make sure that all the boards get coated perfectly and are up to customers satisfaction. A lot of these boards are having to get recoated multiple times to make sure the coat is just right and isn't too light, she also mentioned that this price increase is due to the number of boards now coming in. Because of that the starting cost is going to be raised from $35 to $50. It's just a $15 increase. If anyone is not ok with the price increase and would like to cancel there spot please let me know.  Again I am sorry that I will be having to increase the price, I hope you will be willing to continue using the service, I know so far most of the boards have come out fantastic and everyone is seeming to love them!