Author Topic: [GB] Duck Jetfire Kustom Keyboard - GB Closed - All Shipped!  (Read 119495 times)

Offline Evilocity

Re: [GB] Duck Jetfire Kustom Keyboard - GB Closed - All Shipped!
« Reply #400 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 13:50:39 »
All Jetfires have that dead zone even with all LEDs working.

Alrighty, I got mine working.  My builder never ported it to QMK, which is why what i was trying wouldn't work haha. 

Got the RGB LED keys bound to a function layer and changed the default colors in O2D to what I wanted. 

Looks like my only problem now is one LED in the front not firing up:
Show Image

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #401 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 14:14:19 »

Alrighty, I got mine working.  My builder never ported it to QMK, which is why what i was trying wouldn't work haha. 

Got the RGB LED keys bound to a function layer and changed the default colors in O2D to what I wanted. 

Show Image

Thankls! I was about to open the whole thing up again haha.  A bit disappointing but fine in the long run.

Offline Evilocity

« Reply #402 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 14:24:30 »

Show Image

Thankls! I was about to open the whole thing up again haha.  A bit disappointing but fine in the long run.

All because of this one microchip lol https://imgur.com/cDavtEC

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #403 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 14:39:27 »

Show Image

All because of this one microchip lol https://imgur.com/cDavtEC

Little mofo fkin my my aesthetic!  :p

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #404 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 15:34:04 »
To set your RGB underglow, you can do what I did for my DZ60

https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/dz60/keymaps/mechmerlin

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #405 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 21:07:35 »
Anyone have the plate files?  Or anyone wanting to trade their alu/poly for my ss? 
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #406 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 19:25:50 »
I'm still looking for a PCB if anyone has one let me know!
-Dana

Offline chnhngxn

« Reply #407 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 02:00:55 »
So, does anybody know that five lights on the top and three lights which between the F row and escape key stand for? And how can I control them?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #408 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 02:16:50 »
So, does anybody know that five lights on the top and three lights which between the F row and escape key stand for? And how can I control them?

They're indicator lights. You can control them by hitting caps/num/scroll lock.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline chnhngxn

« Reply #409 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 02:32:55 »

And what about that five lights on the top right of the keyboard mean?

Can I control them too? :)

« Last Edit: Tue, 18 December 2018, 02:58:40 by chnhngxn »

Offline bit-shifter

« Reply #410 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 03:25:09 »
They're the layer indicator lights. You can define multiple functions to keys on the board, logically separated into layers.

Take a look at the QMK firmware port on GitHub for more info, sorry just heading into work so can't explain further right now.

Cheers!

Offline chnhngxn

« Reply #411 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 05:46:14 »
They're the layer indicator lights. You can define multiple functions to keys on the board, logically separated into layers.

Take a look at the QMK firmware port on GitHub for more info, sorry just heading into work so can't explain further right now.

Cheers!

A little dizzy, but still thanks :D

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #412 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 09:09:44 »

This is incorrect. The 3 lights next to ESC are the indicator lights.
What he is asking about are the layer indicators above the frow keys.
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline bit-shifter

« Reply #413 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 12:22:00 »

To be fair, it was a partial answer. The question asked about both led clusters....

Cheers!

Offline chnhngxn

« Reply #414 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 19:13:13 »

To be fair, it was a partial answer. The question asked about both led clusters....

Cheers!

Cheers!

I just want them all to light up   :(

How can I do that?

Offline chnhngxn

« Reply #415 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 01:38:01 »
Hey guys, I just received a jetfire kit. Have not soldered in switches/LEDs yet

When I plug in the PCB it says "Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can supply" and then I need to reboot my computer before it will recognize a keyboard again.

Any idea what is going on/how I can fix it? Thanks!

This might not be the right place to ask but can someone point me into the right direction to solve this issue.

I finally have the time to assemble my Orion V2 and when I was examining the PCB (plugging into the PC), it says "USB device not recognized" and a random number of RGB leds will flash (blue) once after plugging in.

I have tried another PC and the same issue persists.

You would need to install the ATm32U4DFU driver manually. I believe you can install the drivers manually by following these steps:

1. Install Atmel Flip: http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/JRE%20-%20Flip%20Installer%20-%203.4.7.112.exe
2. Open Device Manager
3. Unplug Jetfire. Hold down Home button (its the very top key above the arrow cluster), then plug the micro usb cable in. You should now be in firmware mode (underglow light should not show)
4. In Device Manager you should see ATm32U4DFU. It might show up as 'unknown usb device (device descriptor failed)
5. Right click it>Update Driver>Browse My Computer for Driver Software
6. Navigate to the USB folder inside the Flip folder you installed in step 2. It should be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Flip 3.4.7\usb
7. Click Next. The driver for ATm32U4DFU should now install.

I used qmk toolbox to flash the hex file onto the jetfire.
in order to make use of the 02d software, you have to change your Windows locale to Korea. I also had to change the windows display language to Korean as well. After I was able to use the POS 02d software.

dated guide, but should still apply for the jetfire: http://www.adamfalwell.com/projects/octagon/assets/-simplified-guide--duck-pcb-flash-firmware---keymapping.docx

you can get the latest 02d software here (latest changelog 5/11/18):
http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=100301&mid=board_sw

I can't control my rgb light front, please help me!

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #416 on: Mon, 24 December 2018, 13:18:08 »
^ I wrote a tutorial in the Lightsaver v3 thread for doing the QMK flash instead of jigon.

Also... please please please if someone has a spare PCB i really need one.
-Dana

Offline smurkcity12

« Reply #417 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 12:19:08 »
Has anyone that's using QMK on their jetfire been able to get the layer indicator LED's to function? I'd greatly appreciate a PM if you have.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #418 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 17:00:43 »
Has anyone that's using QMK on their jetfire been able to get the layer indicator LED's to function? I'd greatly appreciate a PM if you have.

Good question, curious to know as well :) I didn't get them working either, nor the backlights (leds, rgb underglow works).

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #419 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 20:05:59 »

Good question, curious to know as well :) I didn't get them working either, nor the backlights (leds, rgb underglow works).

I'm confused by the last segment of your message. You say the backlights don't work, but yet the leds and underglow works. Which leds are you referring to?

Offline smurkcity12

« Reply #420 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 22:48:38 »

I'm confused by the last segment of your message. You say the backlights don't work, but yet the leds and underglow works. Which leds are you referring to?

I'm going to guess he's referring to maybe per key lighting? My underglow and num/scroll/caps LEDs all work, in addition to the layer 0 LED. It just doesn't work when I switch to one of the other layers.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #421 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 04:47:33 »
In-switch lighting I mean, that doesn't work with QMK. Doesn't bother me, and most likely the "hexfile to large" problem would occur as well if I turn it on in the qmk file.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #422 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 16:30:39 »
^ yeah the layer indicator LED's do not work on QMK.

Additionally I am having issues with an alt/fn/ctrl to the right of the space not having the correct wiring. Seems to me QMK for jetfire is more of a beta solution at the moment.
-Dana

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #423 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 19:19:42 »

Additionally I am having issues with an alt/fn/ctrl to the right of the space not having the correct wiring. Seems to me QMK for jetfire is more of a beta solution at the moment.

I apologize. I only had 1 Duck Jetfire to test with. I posted the initial firmware in August of 2018 and returned it the following month when I didn't get much feedback. If you're up for it I'd love to tinker around with your board to get it working. Also in general, QMK Layer indicators are a custom feature that have been written on a per keymap level, happy to write you one if you can send me a keymap and a means to properly test it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 March 2019, 19:21:58 by merlin64 »

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #424 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 14:02:30 »

I apologize. I only had 1 Duck Jetfire to test with. I posted the initial firmware in August of 2018 and returned it the following month when I didn't get much feedback. If you're up for it I'd love to tinker around with your board to get it working. Also in general, QMK Layer indicators are a custom feature that have been written on a per keymap level, happy to write you one if you can send me a keymap and a means to properly test it.

I'd be happy to mail you a pcb. Or work with you. I'm not an expert on QMK but i've had quite a bit of experience with it. PM me.
-Dana

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #425 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 09:41:27 »
Yeah for sure! Just curious, how are you making your keymaps? If it's through the QMK Configurator (online GUI) then I think I know why your keys to the right of space are a little funky.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #426 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 01:14:29 »
Duck inserts can fit Jetfire?

Offline gideon

« Reply #427 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 07:52:58 »
Looking for a set of jetfire pcb and plate. Please do let me know if anyone has a set for sale! I can be reachable at gideon#3102 on discord.

Offline minhdh

« Reply #428 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 02:57:52 »
Does anyone know if there will be another GB for jetfire?

Offline sendrim

• Instagram
« Reply #429 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 06:46:11 »
I need a new PCB and acrylic diffusors. I can manage the diffusors myself, but not the PCB. Maybe somwhere there's a PCB file? :) I've got the platefile from Duck if someone needs it too (just DM me with your email)
I like SA

Offline droideggs

« Reply #430 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 23:35:57 »
i lost the screw set for this build. is there a way to get replacement screws?

answered my question: uses m3*12mm and m3*4mm hex fasteners
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 April 2021, 19:19:31 by droideggs »