Author Topic: Rama Works M60-A [SHIPPED]  (Read 303711 times)

Offline ptykozoon

Re: Rama Works M60-A [SHIPPED]
« Reply #1200 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 23:46:25 »
I like the new milk color, but I'd like it w/ the gold back plate. Is my only hope to order both the keyboard and the gold back weight separately? This seems a bit superfluous. What would I do with the original backplate? Also now we're looking at a $500 keyboard. Hmm.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #1201 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 00:16:21 »
I like the new milk color, but I'd like it w/ the gold back plate. Is my only hope to order both the keyboard and the gold back weight separately? This seems a bit superfluous. What would I do with the original backplate? Also now we're looking at a $500 keyboard. Hmm.
If it's anything like r1 then, yes, that is your only option. You could try to sell the backplate on r/mm to recouperape some cost if you really wanted to.

Offline ian13

« Reply #1202 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 04:04:10 »
Will the internal silicon dampener function as a standalone alternative to the internal brass weight or is it an add-on silencer that you can install with the internal brass weight on?

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #1203 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 05:19:35 »
Will the internal silicon dampener function as a standalone alternative to the internal brass weight or is it an add-on silencer that you can install with the internal brass weight on?

It says "Cannot be used at the same time as the Internal Weight." on the product page, so I guess it's the former.

Offline b3nkei

« Reply #1204 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 05:50:27 »
It's a shame they didn't add the rest of the r1 colors. I really wanted an m60 dusk :(

Offline ian13

« Reply #1205 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 06:00:08 »

It says "Cannot be used at the same time as the Internal Weight." on the product page, so I guess it's the former.

Oof! Completely missed that. I was (inefficiently) skimming the product page while walking.  :)) Thank you so much!  :thumb:

Offline ptykozoon

« Reply #1206 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 09:48:20 »
Endgame 60%. Zealios v2 lubed with gmk qmx silencer and silence rings. Just fantastic all around. Thanks Rama.

i love this, its so weird but it works
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 January 2019, 10:06:09 by ptykozoon »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1207 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 14:47:00 »
Looks like we get the U80 on the 22nd from oco:

212045-0

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #1208 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 14:50:38 »
Is there any info as to whether the U80 will be an integrated plate or not? Kinda looks like it from the Rama web page but not possible to tell for sure.

Any other innovations on it that people can spot?

Offline spyruf

« Reply #1209 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 16:56:39 »
Is there any info as to whether the U80 will be an integrated plate or not? Kinda looks like it from the Rama web page but not possible to tell for sure.

Any other innovations on it that people can spot?
Seems like it’s gonna be an integrated plate. https://rama.works/prototype/2018/8/24/u80-seq-1-pcb-m6-b-proto-lumen-proto

Offline Beatnutz

« Reply #1210 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 02:06:01 »

Agreed. Not only that, I now have to pay for shipping and import tax (30%) for something I don't want. I went ahead and ordered the gold backplate anyway. But the whole ordeal left a foul taste in my mouth. r/MK will be swarming with these plates so it's not going to be easy to unload it.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #1211 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 02:49:07 »
Tempted to pick up a SEQ2 in MILK, I just wish it was possible to get a KURO Stealth backweight without the green infill for it for a more neutral look.

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #1212 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 13:50:28 »
Is the only difference in Kuro/Moon Stealth editions the different backplate?

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #1213 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 21:44:49 »
Is the only difference in Kuro/Moon Stealth editions the different backplate?

Yeah, it's aluminium instead of brass.

Offline ttot

« Reply #1214 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 04:53:37 »
I already have an M60-A LAKE. I guess I'll take one more, and most of all I like "MILK" version.
RAMA M60-A(LAKE) | RAMA KOYU(HAZE) | RAMA M60-A SEQ2(MILK) | RAMA M6-C(MILK) | RAMA M65-B(ICED) | RAMA M6-C(ICED)
SA Pulse(R3) + Mitolet | GMK Jamón | GMK Calm Depths | GMK Chocolatier | GMK Minimal | GMK Striker | GMK Pulse(Mitolet) | GMK Phosphorous | GMK Peach Blossom | GMK Nautilus 2 | GMK Bleached | GMK Pono | GMK Pixel | GMK Metropolis R2 | GMK DUALSHOT 2 | SA Polyclear

Offline kiandelmundo

« Reply #1215 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 07:22:58 »
just wondering if you any of you get heavily taxed due to the amount of the board? and how do you guys avoid that?

Offline Beatnutz

« Reply #1216 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 13:15:11 »
just wondering if you any of you get heavily taxed due to the amount of the board? and how do you guys avoid that?

There's no way to avoid it unless the sender declares a very low price for the shipment. That is fraud though, and very few are prepared to do it. And in all honesty, it's hard to get away with it when this board looks the way it does. It just doesn't come across as a $40 product.

Offline rejuvienate

« Reply #1217 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 21:47:21 »
Updates from RAMA on the U80! Mentioned Q2, does it mean it’s different from what Originative Stated on 2-22?

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #1218 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 21:48:56 »
Updates from RAMA on the U80! Mentioned Q2, does it mean it’s different from what Originative Stated on 2-22?

Very curious about this, too.

If the Q2 Rama is going to be better than the Oco version, I can always wait a few more months.

Offline gnunin

« Reply #1219 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 02:45:07 »
Looking to get the Seq 2. Is the internal weight worth getting? I have great respect for the amount of work & materials Rama put in his products, but 85$ is always 85$.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #1220 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 03:17:12 »
Looking to get the Seq 2. Is the internal weight worth getting? I have great respect for the amount of work & materials Rama put in his products, but 85$ is always 85$.

I guess it depends what you value. The M60-A definitely requires some form of dampening in order to not sound hollow. The internal weight helps in that regard but it makes the keyboard ridiculously heavy relative to its size (the sides being flat making it a bit difficult to pick up add to that effect). RAMA's video wherein Kate demonstrates the installation and use of the silicone sound dampener seems to show a similar result minus the heft — I'd wait for their next video with non-silent switches to see if such is indeed the case. Finally, if you don't mind resorting to more ghetto-mod-ish means, you could always fill in the M60-A with foam, rubber, shelf-liner or what have you.

Hope this helps.

Offline gnunin

« Reply #1221 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 03:23:32 »
Thanks for that PixelNinja! I sure do like a hefty keyboard. I have some sorbathane that I could use to dampen the hollow sound. From Kate's video, it seems like the weight is the way to go. As stated, hopefully they make a video with non silenced switches. Watching the video, the silicone dampening gives me some discomfort whilst the weight sounds just right. Guess I have to go that route. Thanks again :)

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #1222 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 03:50:02 »
Glad to have been of some help!

What color are you going for? I'll probably pick up a SEQ2 + internal dampener at the last moment but I can't decide between a Stealth edition or MILK :confused:
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 February 2019, 03:57:48 by _PixelNinja »

Offline gnunin

« Reply #1223 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 04:11:27 »
Moon! Sick colorway & works with a lot of keysets. Modern Dolch will fit like a glove. Milk is looking marvelous though.

Offline Aevyn

« Reply #1224 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 12:24:19 »
Definitely in for moon stealth. Love that phosphorus glow. Kinda wish we could've had blue on the kuro stealth. Now, all I need is a matching numpad (Curse of 60%).

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #1225 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 14:26:31 »
Super excited to receive my Seq 2. Has anyone commented on the height of the keyboard? Just wondering how it feels typing / over long term / with/without wristrest / etc.. The front of the keyboard looks a little high to me, but I'm curious how it's worked out for other people.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #1226 on: Sat, 09 February 2019, 10:40:39 »
Super excited to receive my Seq 2. Has anyone commented on the height of the keyboard? Just wondering how it feels typing / over long term / with/without wristrest / etc.. The front of the keyboard looks a little high to me, but I'm curious how it's worked out for other people.

The dimensions :

Keyboard height should not be a problem provided one has his/her desk and chair setup at an appropriate height.

Offline Velvet_Crowe

« Reply #1227 on: Sat, 09 February 2019, 18:40:13 »
Will be extras of PBT Heavy Industry?
Current daily: OTD 356mini v1 (Red) | OTD 356CL (Gunmetal) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Black) | zekk.works Ogre (Dark Grey) | Noxary Vulcan Pro (Silver/Red) | 488 Pista Spider (Red)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #1228 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 20:40:23 »
Will be extras of PBT Heavy Industry?

Yep! We'll have extras available, just shipped out all the orders today! Just need to wait for people to receive them and make sure all deliveries are as expected then we can offer up the extras. Past that there will be a round 2 also for Heavy Industry :)

« Last Edit: Mon, 11 February 2019, 20:42:57 by KingRama »
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline ptykozoon

« Reply #1229 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 10:52:28 »
I suppose the backweights are interchangeable so if there's anyone getting a gold backweight that wants a mist backweight (off the milk) hit me up for a pre-trade.

Offline J__T

« Reply #1230 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 13:09:09 »
Do you think the Moon version of this would look good with a Rose back weight? I'm thinking of getting an extra and I'm not sure what I'd like.

« Reply #1231 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 17:52:39 »
Depends on the keycaps, but yeah I think it will look good. I was between that and the gold backplate. I went gold because I think it will go with more, but I think both will look good.

Offline gatr

« Reply #1232 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 22:58:08 »
Do you think the Moon version of this would look good with a Rose back weight? I'm thinking of getting an extra and I'm not sure what I'd like.

I think it looks good. Here's a pic of mine, hopefully this will help your decision!

Offline J__T

« Reply #1233 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 03:47:52 »
Depends on the keycaps, but yeah I think it will look good. I was between that and the gold backplate. I went gold because I think it will go with more, but I think both will look good.

I had GMK Bento in mind when I thought of this but I've also got GMK Nautilus that would probably look better with gold or the moon stealth backplate.
What were you gonna use with the gold backplate?

I think it looks good. Here's a pic of mine, hopefully this will help your decision!

Thanks gatr, that actually helps a lot!

« Reply #1234 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 11:12:21 »

I had GMK Bento in mind when I thought of this but I've also got GMK Nautilus that would probably look better with gold or the moon stealth backplate.

I am in on Bento too but I was going to go with a much lighter colored board (PC) for it. I think I am going to put GMK Oblivion R2 on my Moon with gold backplate. I also think GMK Minimal/any BOW would look really clean.

Moon + Rose Gold Backplate + Olivia is one of my favorite keyboard combinations I've seen. Hopefully there is a R2 on Olivia at some point!

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #1235 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 15:54:18 »

The dimensions :

Show Image

Keyboard height should not be a problem provided one has his/her desk and chair setup at an appropriate height.

thanks for that! I'd seen the dimensions, more just curious how it felt while typing. It's not a huge deal, but ~19mm is a little higher than keyboards I've used in the past and I'd rather not adjust my whole desk/chair/footrest setup if I can avoid it.

« Reply #1236 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 00:42:51 »

I think I am going to do Oblivion with Hago Alphas + Gold Rama cap to match with Moon/Gold Backplate.

I just think that gold is relatively neutral, and can go with a decent bit of sets.

Offline GiantPeach

« Reply #1237 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 09:36:13 »
Just put in my order for the Haze hotswap and internal dampener, really excited. This will be my first build. Right now I am thinking Zilents 62g switches and GMK Hyperfuse Remix caps, hoping it will look good together. As someone who has never really participated in a keyboard group buy, how long does it usually take to ship after the group buy ends, several months I'm assuming?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1238 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 10:10:40 »
Just put in my order for the Haze hotswap and internal dampener, really excited. This will be my first build. Right now I am thinking Zilents 62g switches and GMK Hyperfuse Remix caps, hoping it will look good together. As someone who has never really participated in a keyboard group buy, how long does it usually take to ship after the group buy ends, several months I'm assuming?

In this particular case you'll probably be looking at 4 to 6 months.

Offline GiantPeach

« Reply #1239 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 10:24:17 »

In this particular case you'll probably be looking at 4 to 6 months.

Perfect plenty of time for my wallet to recover  ;D Thanks for the response  :thumb:

Offline G1LL3Y

« Reply #1240 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 14:15:40 »
Will the SEQ2 PCBs be compatible with the original M60-A?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1241 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 16:07:13 »
Will the SEQ2 PCBs be compatible with the original M60-A?

Yes.

Offline TheMnBN

« Reply #1242 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 21:26:54 »
Sneaked in with a last-minute order of Haze M60-A. RAMA customer support is excellent! :thumb:

On a side note, I'm looking for a keycap set that goes along well with the Haze colorway and I have eyes on Metropolis and Oblivion R2 right now (pretty much personal favorites more than trying to match color :P). Any recommendation would be much appreciated.

Offline rowie

« Reply #1243 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 22:35:49 »
Sneaked in with a last-minute order of Haze M60-A. RAMA customer support is excellent! :thumb:

On a side note, I'm looking for a keycap set that goes along well with the Haze colorway and I have eyes on Metropolis and Oblivion R2 right now (pretty much personal favorites more than trying to match color :P). Any recommendation would be much appreciated.

I as well have my eyes on Metropolis and Oblivion. With Oblivion I plan to get the monochrome with cadet hagaromo for my Milk.  For now I plan to join Minimal with the Rama caps and wait for R2 Heavy Industry.

Current set available that I think will look awesome with Haze is XDA Canvas purple Wolfgang or Manfred. I’m so tempted to jump on these as well. Paired with Bauhaus, Dieter and Keyluminatti will pop on either sets. Of course this would only apply if you like XDA profile.  I tend to like most profiles except DSA being the last I’d buy unless it’s from a designer I like.

Offline TheMnBN

« Reply #1244 on: Sat, 16 March 2019, 00:01:45 »

I as well have my eyes on Metropolis and Oblivion. With Oblivion I plan to get the monochrome with cadet hagaromo for my Milk.  For now I plan to join Minimal with the Rama caps and wait for R2 Heavy Industry.

Current set available that I think will look awesome with Haze is XDA Canvas purple Wolfgang or Manfred. I’m so tempted to jump on these as well. Paired with Bauhaus, Dieter and Keyluminatti will pop on either sets. Of course this would only apply if you like XDA profile.  I tend to like most profiles except DSA being the last I’d buy unless it’s from a designer I like.

Canvas is still as sexy as ever! But I just prefer cherry profile so it's not an easy trade off between looks and typing feels that I'm willing to make.

Also, I think hagoromo alphas with monochrome accent mods are brilliant choices to go with Milk. Though Minimal is super clean, I already have WoB to be my 'simple but also very nice' set so I will have to skip out on that (well, my wallet is also screaming  :D). The tougher choice for might right now is actually between Metropolis and Oblivion.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #1245 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 06:46:26 »
How are people silencing the spacebar? Beyond the usual lube and band aid mod.

The spacebar still has a lot of echo. I've filled the inside with sorbothane and the spacebar still echos. Not sure if echos is the right word, but I hope you get what I mean.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 March 2019, 08:28:19 by Darknight00z »

Offline iEatPuppers

« Reply #1246 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 07:55:36 »
Band-aid mod, but use those thick heavy duty band-aids.

Offline bard

« Reply #1247 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 11:44:14 »
How are people silencing the spacebar? Beyond the usual lube and band aid mod.

The spacebar still has a lot of echo. I've filled the inside with sorbothane and the spacebar still echos. Not sure if echos is the right word, but I hope you get what I mean.

I put a foam like here https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/9yweyr/silenced_spacebar_v1/

Offline Cybee

« Reply #1248 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 20:35:03 »
Hey guys,

I am looking to let go of my M60-A SEQ 2 GB spot.
Color: Milk.
With Dampener.

Anyone interested please contact me via discord.
Discord: CybeeL1 #7893

Offline energyd

« Reply #1249 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 16:23:17 »
Hey guys,
I think I broke the USB-C interface board...Is there a way I could buy an extra from somewhere. the extra PCB (which include the interface board) is currently sold out on RAMA's website. don't know if my only choice now is to buy a PCB for the U-80A and use the usb-c board from there?