Author Topic: [GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60  (Read 243565 times)

Offline fireworm

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 21:56:43 »

Sorry for keep asking questions. Should've asked with my previous reply but I got confused again while selecting options in the google form.
The hotswap PCB is said to be for HHKB/WKL but the picture of the layout shows winkey on it. Does this mean that it can be used for regular layout as well?
Since the combination I want is [clear PC housing + hotswap PCB + bronze PVD plate + plate holes not showing through the clear PC housing], I guess the only choice I have is to go with regular layout, so I do hope the regular layout is possible for hotswap PCB

The only plate that does not have the winkey cutout is a special one senter added in either black or clear PC.

Hotswap pcb has only a split backspace, so it is not regular layout.

Thank you again sir. However, what I was asking was about was the case layout which I am supposed to choose between Regular layout, WKL layout or HHKB layout in the google form.
I am curious if I choose Regluar Layout for the case, a hotswappable PCB and Bronze WKL plate, I will be able to build a board with a full bottom row so that there won't be any plate holes showing through the pc case.

OK, yes. I see.

The WKL pcb / plate bottom row layout is 1.5, 1, 1.5, 7, 1.5, 1, 1.5.

Some folks don't like the 1u keys and want case blockers there, thus the WKL case option (blockers). 

Some people don't like the 1.5u outside keys and want case blockers there, thus the hhkb case.

Your choice would use all three 1.5, 1, 1.5 keys (because you don't want to see the holes in the plate through the WKL case block outs).

Offline balduran85

« Reply #251 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 21:58:59 »

Sorry for keep asking questions. Should've asked with my previous reply but I got confused again while selecting options in the google form.
The hotswap PCB is said to be for HHKB/WKL but the picture of the layout shows winkey on it. Does this mean that it can be used for regular layout as well?
Since the combination I want is [clear PC housing + hotswap PCB + bronze PVD plate + plate holes not showing through the clear PC housing], I guess the only choice I have is to go with regular layout, so I do hope the regular layout is possible for hotswap PCB

The only plate that does not have the winkey cutout is a special one senter added in either black or clear PC.

Thank you again sir. However, what I was asking was about was the case layout which I am supposed to choose between Regular layout, WKL layout or HHKB layout in the google form.
I am curious if I choose Regluar Layout for the case, a hotswappable PCB and Bronze WKL plate, I will be able to build a board with a full bottom row so that there won't be any plate holes showing through the pc case.

OK, yes. I see.

Some folks don't like the 1u keys and want case blockers there, thus the WKL case option (blockers). 

Some people don't like the 1.5u outside keys and want case blockers there, thus the hhkb case.

Your choice would use all three 1.5, 1, 1.5 keys (because you don't want to see the holes in the plate through the WKL case block outs).

Thank you very much. I think that clarifies everything and that what I plan to build is possible.
I guess I will pull the trigger with Regluar Layout case + hotswap PCB + Bronze WKL plate.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 January 2019, 22:00:59 by balduran85 »

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #252 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 22:58:45 »

OK, yes. I see.

Thank you very much. I think that clarifies everything and that what I plan to build is possible.
I guess I will pull the trigger with Regluar Layout case + hotswap PCB + Bronze WKL plate.

Assuming you mean bronze = rose gold, that colour is only for the full brass version unfortunately. PVD brass plates with pc/aluminum housings will be gold coloured.

Offline Hyun Cheol Hwang

« Reply #253 on: Sun, 20 January 2019, 23:57:42 »
I made a second order.
Please send me an invoice soon. :)

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #254 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 03:26:03 »
Does dedicated WKL Polycarb plate support split backspace?

Edit: I'm assuming the dedicated WKL Plate in Polycarb you mentioned earlier would have this layout?

211081-0
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 January 2019, 03:37:28 by otanishock »

Offline Jkshowman

« Reply #255 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 03:52:26 »
Joined in for PC WKL Plate, hotswap PCB, WKL MAO White, and Eblack weight! super excited :) hopefully, this yields a flexible board!

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #256 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 04:16:17 »
How long till this closes? Trying hard to wrangle some money together for this

Offline bengine

« Reply #257 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 04:25:36 »
The GB opens for 1 week from Jan 16. So it should close on Jan 23?

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #258 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 08:53:43 »
Does dedicated WKL Polycarb plate support split backspace?

Edit: I'm assuming the dedicated WKL Plate in Polycarb you mentioned earlier would have this layout?

(Attachment Link)

No, the dedicated WKL plate supports 2u backspace and stagged/non-stagged capslock.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #259 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 08:55:04 »

Yes.

Offline DePulse

« Reply #260 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 08:57:33 »
Hey Senter? I sent a pm btw. Thank you! :D

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #261 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 08:59:54 »

I didn't receive any messages from you. Could you send it again?

Offline Sic_Alpha

« Reply #262 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 09:56:40 »
Looking for a match to GMK Nautilus.  Would the yellow color option be a good match?  Was hoping for a Navy Blue  ;D
Full brass would probably look awesome with Nautilus, but not sure if I can swing that much $ right now.  They're also pretty limited at 10 sets; have all 10 been filled?
Thanks!

Offline Genn

« Reply #263 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 10:47:06 »
Just to verify:

If I were to order what's below, that means I'd get to have 3 plate + PCB combos (2 MX and 1 Alps)?

Regular kits: $275 (PC plate, PC weight, Hotswap PCB)
Extra sandblasted brass weight: $56
Extra sandblasted brass plate: $45 (WKL)
Extra aluminum/PC plate: $25 (Alps)
Extra PCB: $37 (Hotswap)
Extra PCB: $37 (Universal, for Alps)

Are Alps plates alu exclusively?
Is it possible to get a WKL plate that doesn't have the 1u holes on the bottom row? (especially for brass so that I don't see the holes through the clear PC blockers)
Is the WKL PC plate layout different from the WKL brass plate's layout?
Also, am I understanding correctly that the option to add extra brass plate/weight is really cheap compared to just upgrading? And how would I go about getting an extra brass weight (assuming I got the regular PC weight with the regular kit)? I ask because I don't see an option on the ordering form.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 January 2019, 12:36:42 by Genn »

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #264 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 11:13:30 »
No, the dedicated WKL plate supports 2u backspace and stagged/non-stagged capslock.
Right forgot to edit that out. But the main takeaway is the bottom row will be like the one I posted right?

Offline titanium

« Reply #265 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 12:47:43 »
How much does the PC vs alu weigh?

Offline spyruf

« Reply #266 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 13:06:59 »
I would guess a little less than half as the density of polycarbonate vs aluminum is roughly 1.2 to 2.6

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #267 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 13:48:23 »
I would guess a little less than half as the density of polycarbonate vs aluminum is roughly 1.2 to 2.6

but at what point is the mass difference unnoticeable? granted I'm no expert but i dont feel a great difference between my poly 910 and my alu 910. you get a lot of heft from your brass

Offline aslanxdeft

« Reply #268 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 13:54:21 »
Hi,
I want get a wkl layout with split backspace. Which plate/pcb  combination do I have to go with?

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #269 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 13:56:24 »
Hi,
I want get a wkl layout with split backspace. Which plate/pcb  combination do I have to go with?

You probably want the WKL plate option and then you have to decide if you want the mx/alps pcb or a hotswappable mx plate. either would do for your split backspace.

someone correct me if i'm wrong

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #270 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 14:44:09 »

but at what point is the mass difference unnoticeable? granted I'm no expert but i dont feel a great difference between my poly 910 and my alu 910. you get a lot of heft from your brass

Don't forget the brass weight will add a fair amount of weight to the whole unitso I would be thinking more along the lines of 2/3rds. I have a PC Kira60 and it still weighs around 1.5kg

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #271 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 15:45:22 »
Hi senter, can you check my PM for an invoice/order clarification? I believe there was a mistake.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #272 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 16:32:22 »
When is the GB end date?

Offline bengine

« Reply #273 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 16:57:41 »
When is the GB end date?

Yes.

Offline hsunwoo1221

« Reply #274 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 17:10:53 »
Where can I check the layout for the dedicated WKL PC plate?

Offline tootle

« Reply #275 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 17:36:17 »
I just want to verify: I ordered the HHKB layout case, plate, and hotswap PCB. I should be able to have the same exact layout as an HHKB except the spacebar would be 7u, right?

Thanks!

Offline dantambok

« Reply #276 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 17:37:49 »
I just want to verify: I ordered the HHKB layout case, plate, and hotswap PCB. I should be able to have the same exact layout as an HHKB except the spacebar would be 7u, right?

Thanks!

yes
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline DePulse

« Reply #277 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 18:52:26 »

I didn't receive any messages from you. Could you send it again?

Sent it twice for assurance! Thank you  :D

Offline Hopeye

« Reply #278 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 21:33:27 »
Is it possible to use a universal plate/pcb + hhkb top case and run split spacebar? it doesn't look like it-  I just want to confirm.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 January 2019, 21:35:59 by Hopeye »

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #279 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 22:34:59 »
Have invoices been sent out yet as I have yet to receive one?

Offline krazikake

• Always tired
« Reply #280 on: Mon, 21 January 2019, 23:24:28 »
joined for a hot swap pc kit :)
Duck Poker Silver w/ Nixies | KMAC Mini Silver w/ Vintage Blacks | QXP WKL Pink w/ NK Creams

Past boards: Dolphin V3 Olive, TX87 (SKCM Blue), Noxary X60 Black, Southpaw 65 Extended, HHKB PRO 2 Hi-Pro

Offline Jaimcat

« Reply #281 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 00:49:33 »
Sent you a pm regarding my order!  :)

Offline aslanxdeft

« Reply #282 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 00:57:54 »
Are all those options supposed to be there for the weight? I'm having a hard time imagining a clear PC weight.

EDIT: After reading again, I'm assuming these are for the leaf shape accessory/logo on the bottom?

EDIT2: If you can get the whole weight in clear PC, do you have a render or photo of a completely clear PC build? (case, plate, weight, leaf accessory). Just trying to imagine what it would look like.

Yes. We call it weight but it's basically not. I know it's a little bit confusing. You got the idea.
I don't have a full clear PC build. I have a full opaque white PC prototype tho. My suggestion is to match the brass weight with the PC case unless you want a travel board.
Can you elaborate on what you mean with "unless you want a travel case"? Are there any benefits from choosing a non PC weight for traveling?

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #283 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 01:46:01 »
Are all those options supposed to be there for the weight? I'm having a hard time imagining a clear PC weight.

EDIT: After reading again, I'm assuming these are for the leaf shape accessory/logo on the bottom?

EDIT2: If you can get the whole weight in clear PC, do you have a render or photo of a completely clear PC build? (case, plate, weight, leaf accessory). Just trying to imagine what it would look like.

Yes. We call it weight but it's basically not. I know it's a little bit confusing. You got the idea.
I don't have a full clear PC build. I have a full opaque white PC prototype tho. My suggestion is to match the brass weight with the PC case unless you want a travel board.
Can you elaborate on what you mean with "unless you want a travel case"? Are there any benefits from choosing a non PC weight for traveling?

I think he meant pc weight + pc case = light keyboard for carrying around
EM7 | Nunu | Salamander | RF84u | SS AEK64

Offline Frystie

« Reply #284 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 09:04:27 »
Hey, I got in on the order, however, I got the hot-swap PCB (and an extra) with 2 MX universal plates. Will I have to change this to WLK plates to work? Can this be changed?

Thanks!

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #285 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 09:20:45 »
Have invoices been sent out yet as I have yet to receive one?

i received and paid mine. it might be in the order that requests were submitted. but idk

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #286 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 10:38:25 »
Definitely getting a PC and brass kit.

Two questions,

1. can I use the universal pcb and plate with the HHKB top?
2. Could a “standard” 60% pcb and plate be fitted to the case? Asking mainly for the Boardwalk PCB

1. Yes
2. No

Thanks for the response!  For 1, I would need to use the HHKB bottom row right? I wouldn’t be able to get a HHKB case with split spacebar support. Just want to confirm. Thank you!

Sorry to bump my question, but need this answered before I pay my invoice!

Also, if it’s not possible to do a HHKB top with split spacebar, is it possible to do a WKL top with split space?

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #287 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 10:46:31 »
Based on the layouts pictured in the OP, split is only supported in the 6.25u spacebar configuration. That will not work with hhkb, or wkl.
Definitely getting a PC and brass kit.

Two questions,

1. can I use the universal pcb and plate with the HHKB top?
2. Could a “standard” 60% pcb and plate be fitted to the case? Asking mainly for the Boardwalk PCB

1. Yes
2. No

Thanks for the response!  For 1, I would need to use the HHKB bottom row right? I wouldn’t be able to get a HHKB case with split spacebar support. Just want to confirm. Thank you!

Also, if it’s not possible to do a HHKB top with split spacebar, is it possible to do a WKL top with split space?

Offline boog

« Reply #288 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 11:22:23 »
Submitted my order. Excited for this!

Offline boog

« Reply #289 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 11:23:59 »
Submitted my order. Looking forward to it!

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #290 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 19:15:44 »
Looking for a match to GMK Nautilus.  Would the yellow color option be a good match?  Was hoping for a Navy Blue  ;D
Full brass would probably look awesome with Nautilus, but not sure if I can swing that much $ right now.  They're also pretty limited at 10 sets; have all 10 been filled?
Thanks!

The list hasn't been finalized but I've already sent out some spots.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #291 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 19:15:53 »
Just to verify:

If I were to order what's below, that means I'd get to have 3 plate + PCB combos (2 MX and 1 Alps)?

Regular kits: $275 (PC plate, PC weight, Hotswap PCB)
Extra sandblasted brass weight: $56
Extra sandblasted brass plate: $45 (WKL)
Extra aluminum/PC plate: $25 (Alps)
Extra PCB: $37 (Hotswap)
Extra PCB: $37 (Universal, for Alps)

Are Alps plates alu exclusively?
Is it possible to get a WKL plate that doesn't have the 1u holes on the bottom row? (especially for brass so that I don't see the holes through the clear PC blockers)
Is the WKL PC plate layout different from the WKL brass plate's layout?
Also, am I understanding correctly that the option to add extra brass plate/weight is really cheap compared to just upgrading? And how would I go about getting an extra brass weight (assuming I got the regular PC weight with the regular kit)? I ask because I don't see an option on the ordering form.

Thanks!

"I'd get to have 3 plate + PCB combos (2 MX and 1 Alps)?"
-> yes

"Are Alps plates alu exclusively?"
-> no

"Is it possible to get a WKL plate that doesn't have the 1u holes on the bottom row? (especially for brass so that I don't see the holes through the clear PC blockers)"
-> no for brass

"Is the WKL PC plate layout different from the WKL brass plate's layout?"
-> There's a special WKL PC plate which supports 2u BS

"Also, am I understanding correctly that the option to add extra brass plate/weight is really cheap compared to just upgrading? "
-> not cheaper apparently. better value imo

"And how would I go about getting an extra brass weight (assuming I got the regular PC weight with the regular kit)?"
-> you can write in the last question in the form

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #292 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 19:17:06 »
Right forgot to edit that out. But the main takeaway is the bottom row will be like the one I posted right?

Yes

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #293 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 19:18:14 »

Aluminum case + aluminum plate + aluminum weight = 1.05kg
PC case + PC plate + PC weight (light?) = 460 grams
Brass weight: 650 grams
Brass plate: 250-300 grams

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #294 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 19:18:53 »
Hi senter, can you check my PM for an invoice/order clarification? I believe there was a mistake.

replied

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #295 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 19:20:57 »
Is it possible to use a universal plate/pcb + hhkb top case and run split spacebar? it doesn't look like it-  I just want to confirm.

Universal PCB + universal plate will support the split spacebar layout shown in OP.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #296 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 19:24:37 »

HHKB and WKL tops won't work with split spacebar.

Offline senter

• * Maker
Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60 (Last one day to order)
« Reply #297 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 19:39:40 »

Hope this is helpful for buyers and other GB runners.

I'm surprised half of the buyers chose clear PC.

Offline DePulse

« Reply #298 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 20:19:50 »
Hey Senter! Already sent the message and an order! :D Hope you read my message first tho :O

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #299 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 21:06:00 »
Hey Senter! Already sent the message and an order! :D Hope you read my message first tho :O

DePulse, I didn't receive your message. Could you send it again?

It's so weird. It's the 3rd time people saying they sent me messages while I didn't. Is it normal on GH?