Author Topic: Goodwill find... Fujitsu PalmMouse?  (Read 11895 times)

Offline biothermal

• Art
Goodwill find... Fujitsu PalmMouse?
« on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 18:03:38 »
Went to Goodwill and emerged with a wallet lighter by $3.50

I really only bought it for the retro vibes, the Fujitsu branding, and because it reminded me of a Staple "that was easy" button. Unfortunately I can't find a damn thing about it on the internet, anyone ever encountered one before?

Also, should I open it and use it? Maybe do a little gaming? The possibilities seem endless...

Offline Findecanor

Re: Goodwill find... Fujitsu PalmMouse?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 22:12:46 »
I have a Fujitsu keyboard with what could be one of those inside it. The brand is the same and the d-pad looks similar.

248776-0

The d-pad is analogue. I took it apart once but couldn't figure out how it worked.
It has a single wide coiled spring for resistance over four SMD components in a cross, labelled HED0 to HED3 on the silk screen. (Hall effect?)

Offline biothermal

• Art
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 12:45:46 »
I have a Fujitsu keyboard with what could be one of those inside it. The brand is the same and the d-pad looks similar.

(Attachment Link)

The d-pad is analogue. I took it apart once but couldn't figure out how it worked.
It has a single wide coiled spring for resistance over four SMD components in a cross, labelled HED0 to HED3 on the silk screen. (Hall effect?)

Huh, that's pretty cool!

Ended up finding some more info from a local friend who knows how to use google better than yours truly.

Seems like it was rather expensive for what it was when it came out in the late 90s/early 2000s. Following up on the lingo in the Fujitsu PDF he found, yielded a bit more info. Hinting at why there don't seem to be many (if any) around these days.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 11:04:23 »
That looks pretty cool. I would definitely like to try something like that; although, I bet the DPI is too low to use on modern monitors. I'd say open it and play around with it! What's the point in having stuff you don't use?
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 11:22:45 »
"No moving parts to clean"
"Navigator button moves 10*"

Does it magically self clean?

Like Kavik I'd have to open it up and have a play.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod