Author Topic: re: a problem with word verification image on the new post page  (Read 1919 times)

Offline reble

• My web page
re: a problem with word verification image on the new post page
« on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 02:54:56 »
I am having trouble with the word verification image on the new post page.    No matter what I type in the image box, your computer says the image typed in is wrong.  The image is sometimes hard to read.   It needs fixing.  I didn't get an indication that this or the other post on the same subject that it got posted until I logged out and logged back in.

A ps to add.  Before when I was trying to post my original problem in the "keyboards forum" the word verification keep telling me I was typing in the wrong letters.  Now the  2 part word verification isn't popping up.  But every time I try to post in the "keyboard forum" the little circle in the tab at the top of Firefox goes counter-clockwise for a while then the screen changes and flashes "504 gateway timeout".  What gives?  Why can I post here but not in the "keyboard forum"?

Steve
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 September 2014, 04:40:41 by reble »

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
Re: re: a problem with word verification image on the new post page
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 06:47:09 »
The captcha check is tough on this site but it is very effective at keeping bots and spammers away.  It is only required for the first 10 posts iirc.

The 504 Gateway issue is totally unrelated and does show up from time to time.  Though I have no idea as to the cause or the fix for it.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich