Author Topic: Anyone else have a CM QuickFire Rapid without any labeling?  (Read 163156 times)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
Re: Anyone else have a CM QuickFire Rapid without any labeling?
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 19 September 2012, 16:46:49 »
I do have a question, how are you going to refuse a package from UPS when they drop it on a door step and don't knock before leaving?  It's not like they'll drive back and go "Oh, he didn't take it, that must mean he's refusing it."

Also, I don't know why the CM rep would tell you there's outright no returns when neither the specific page for the keyboard, nor stated return policies, enforce that.  In fact, the stated return policy for cmstore.com is that you pay for return shipping and if the package is in not-new condition, you get charged 15% restocking.  So even the furor over "they won't takes it backs?!?!" is embellished. 

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #301 on: Wed, 19 September 2012, 17:02:03 »
As a paying customer, we are entitled to our paid products as advertised. Rejecting a package at the door is perfectly within our rights and common practice for this type of situation. Nothing personal to the seller. Not sure where you are sensing a "very false sense of entitlement." Had we demanded compensation or free products of some sort, then I would agree with you. But as is, no. Not at all.

In your first sentence you use the word entitled. And that's how you come off as.

Entitled to products as advertised? If you go on their website and look at their advertisement, you'll see branded keyboards. And that's what you got. Some people got lucky and got unbranded ones. Doesn't matter if you made a note to operations or not. They had a PO (purchase order) that needed to be shipped out, and they did their job. It got to you, and it got to you in one piece.

So what if you wrote in the comments that you wanted an unbranded one. They're not going to sit there and open a shrinkwrapped pallet of 50 keyboards in their warehouse, and check for branding for each and every customer that requests it. They're selling you product at cost, and they probably moved a lot of keyboards, given the exposure on Reddit, OCN, and Geekhack. I sure as hell wouldn't be as nice as Carter, and given this kind of reaction, would never do it again.

« Last Edit: Wed, 19 September 2012, 17:03:42 by swagpiratex »

Offline Acanthophis

« Reply #302 on: Wed, 19 September 2012, 17:15:22 »
I know everyone at CM did their job as suppose to, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth.
The prospect of having an unbranded QFR triggered my buy. Not the free shipping, nor the 30% off.
I suppose it's natural to be angry, if you were under false expectations. Towards who my anger is aiming, I do not know. Mostly at myself.

I will try to turn it back. And if that's not possible, sell it. And then wait for all the stocks to be purely unbranded.

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #303 on: Wed, 19 September 2012, 17:22:20 »
I ordered a QFR with Browns (hasn't shown up yet) and I'd like to say that I'm very grateful for the 30% coupon and free shipping. I'm planning on swapping out keycaps and (possibly) plasti-dipping the case anyways, so the branding isn't a huge deal for me.

*gives high-fives to Carter*
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline berrymxblue

« Reply #304 on: Wed, 19 September 2012, 17:38:42 »
As a paying customer, we are entitled to our paid products as advertised. Rejecting a package at the door is perfectly within our rights and common practice for this type of situation. Nothing personal to the seller. Not sure where you are sensing a "very false sense of entitlement." Had we demanded compensation or free products of some sort, then I would agree with you. But as is, no. Not at all.

In your first sentence you use the word entitled. And that's how you come off as.

Entitled to products as advertised? If you go on their website and look at their advertisement, you'll see branded keyboards. And that's what you got. Some people got lucky and got unbranded ones. Doesn't matter if you made a note to operations or not. They had a PO (purchase order) that needed to be shipped out, and they did their job. It got to you, and it got to you in one piece.

So what if you wrote in the comments that you wanted an unbranded one. They're not going to sit there and open a shrinkwrapped pallet of 50 keyboards in their warehouse, and check for branding for each and every customer that requests it. They're selling you product at cost, and they probably moved a lot of keyboards, given the exposure on Reddit, OCN, and Geekhack. I sure as hell wouldn't be as nice as Carter, and given this kind of reaction, would never do it again.

I feel like I am getting into a debate on consumer rights, although can be interesting, is not my aim. If you don't have the reading comprehension to understand the situation I don't feel there is further need for me to explain to you that I do not need to pay for this product if I choose to return it unopened new in box. As a paying customer I am entitled to certain things, I have not overstepped my bounds and if you still believe I am "falsely entitled"; the UPS guy taking the package back, the CM-Store, AND my next Paypal statement will say otherwise.

I do have a question, how are you going to refuse a package from UPS when they drop it on a door step and don't knock before leaving?  It's not like they'll drive back and go "Oh, he didn't take it, that must mean he's refusing it."

Also, I don't know why the CM rep would tell you there's outright no returns when neither the specific page for the keyboard, nor stated return policies, enforce that.  In fact, the stated return policy for cmstore.com is that you pay for return shipping and if the package is in not-new condition, you get charged 15% restocking.  So even the furor over "they won't takes it backs?!?!" is embellished. 
You can tell them at your door or take it back to a UPS office if you miss them at the door and say that you refuse the package. They will take it back IF and only IF you have not opened it.
I do have the transcript of the conversation saved from our online chat, he stated very clearly that if I choose to gamble and open it, it cannot be returned for a refund. I understand and accept their stance and is the reason why I won't be opening up my package to gamble. Again, I have not overstepped my bounds as the consumer.

Carter's word, however reliable, is hardly a 'guarantee'. So no, there was no official guarantee and the way some people are acting here is verging on immature.

Not to say I wouldn't be disappointed in getting a branded board, but there's a difference between disappointment and anger.
I'm not expressing anger, although I am disappointed. The whole experience has a left a sour taste in my mouth regarding the reliability of forum posts by sales reps. I understand that it is not an official guarantee which is why I did not hold them to Carter's word and am simply returning it by means of refusing the package so it can be sold off to someone else completely new and untouched without loss in perceived value. Not completely sure how returning an unused product is immature after it has been implied as something else in Carter's posts here. Again, I don't blame Carter personally. But it should be noted that it is still an inconvenience for the consumer.

Offline ANDMYGUN

« Reply #305 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 13:47:07 »
I ordered mine in reds on 15th and it still says "awaiting shipping", anyone in the same situation as me?

Offline Amarok

« Reply #306 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 13:52:25 »
I ordered mine in reds on 15th and it still says "awaiting shipping", anyone in the same situation as me?

I ordered blues on the 16th and it said awaiting shipping until the evening of the 18th. Now it's says its being delivered today(one day early).
Realforce 87u 55g

Offline modulor

« Reply #307 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 14:37:43 »
Just got mine in - MX Blue version.  It does have the logos, but for what it's worth, it was one hell of a deal regardless.  Thanks to Carter for the promo code! 

Offline ANDMYGUN

« Reply #308 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 15:17:26 »

I ordered blues on the 16th and it said awaiting shipping until the evening of the 18th. Now it's says its being delivered today(one day early).

Hmm, maybe it's cause I ordered Reds and requested a brandless if possible.

Offline Amarok

« Reply #309 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 15:20:24 »

Hmm, maybe it's cause I ordered Reds and requested a brandless if possible.

Probably has to do with the reds. I requested brandless as well, but it doesn't seem like I'm going to get it. I don't really care at this point, I wanted the keyboard anyway.
Realforce 87u 55g

Offline modulor

« Reply #310 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 15:44:37 »
Yeah...honestly, the newer case would've been ideal, but the price after the promo code is what sold me.  You couldn't have gotten a board this solid for that price anywhere else.  I'm pleased regardless.

Offline ANDMYGUN

« Reply #311 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 15:48:52 »
Yeah, I was looking to get a keyboard anyways and found this deal pretty last minute. Shipping is taking a little longer than expected (hasn't shipped yet) but once I get my board even if it has brands I'll be happy.

Offline ontherx

« Reply #312 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 15:54:49 »
I grabbed a refurbed rabid with blues and for the price I think it was a great opportunity to not only get into mechanical keyboards, but try out blues. And...I am far from disappointed in both regards. You sure this thing was refurb? ;)

Thank you Carter for providing such a great chance to try out your products. So far, I'm pretty ecstatic about the build quality, feel, and appearance of the case (even with the branding).

-Cheers

Offline Amarok

« Reply #313 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 16:00:59 »
Yeah, I was looking to get a keyboard anyways and found this deal pretty last minute. Shipping is taking a little longer than expected (hasn't shipped yet) but once I get my board even if it has brands I'll be happy.

If it makes you feel any better, UPS just notifed me what CM didn't include my apartment number on their shipping label, so now it's delayed until tomorrow.  :eek:
Realforce 87u 55g

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #314 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 18:38:27 »
I grabbed a refurbed rabid with blues and for the price I think it was a great opportunity to not only get into mechanical keyboards, but try out blues. And...I am far from disappointed in both regards. You sure this thing was refurb? ;)

Thank you Carter for providing such a great chance to try out your products. So far, I'm pretty ecstatic about the build quality, feel, and appearance of the case (even with the branding).

-Cheers
You ordered a board hoping for a low-quality flaky refurb, but you ended up getting a great deal on an awesome keyboard. It doesn't get any better than that!

Offline Amarok

« Reply #315 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 18:45:40 »
Ended up getting the board today even with the delivery problems. Branded version. :( Oh well, still a kick ass board. Now I just gotta replace all the key caps.
Realforce 87u 55g

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #316 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 19:03:39 »
UPS is slow today.  I have keycaps and impatient fingers waiting...

EDIT: Finally here, dropped at neighbor's for some strange reason.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 September 2012, 19:43:34 by tjcaustin »

Offline Lummeh

« Reply #317 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 20:36:05 »
I received my QFR with MX Reds on Tuesday, the left ALT appears to be broken, not getting any response from it, unsure about other keys. I emailed the store that night but have yet to receive a response, probably backed up still from all the orders? Might call them tomorrow about it :/

Besides the defective key, everything else is really nice about the board (brandless too).

Offline DaLurker

« Reply #318 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 21:51:49 »
Just received my Quickfire Rapid Browns and Reds. Browns were branded, and Reds were unbranded. Both came as expected, thanks a lot Carter for the deal! I would have been happy whether they came branded or not though :)

Offline Wess

« Reply #319 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 22:48:46 »
Just received my Quickfire Rapid Browns and Reds. Browns were branded, and Reds were unbranded. Both came as expected, thanks a lot Carter for the deal! I would have been happy whether they came branded or not though :)

Did you order from CM Store? If yes did you get the promo-code to work or you paid full price? I got my Red Rapid (branded) at CC locally. But wouldn't mind picking one for my wife if it can be done through CM and the promo still on... Carter where are you lol

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #320 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 22:54:33 »

Did you order from CM Store? If yes did you get the promo-code to work or you paid full price? I got my Red Rapid (branded) at CC locally. But wouldn't mind picking one for my wife if it can be done through CM and the promo still on... Carter where are you lol
The promo expired at the beginning of the week, but here - http://www.officemax.com/technology/keyboard-mouse-accessories/gaming-keyboards-and-mice/product-prod4110372?cm_mmc=Performics-_-Slick%20Deals-_-Save%20Big%20on%20Technology%20This%20Week%20at%20OfficeMax.com-_-0004ca2e0b5a3b390aec7150e6000c49&affcode=performics&siteID=k1971

Enter the code "BIGDEALS" and get it for a similar price.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 September 2012, 22:56:44 by tjcaustin »

Offline DaLurker

« Reply #321 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 07:40:48 »

I ordered through the CMStore and got it with the promo code, unfortunately as someone has mentioned already the promo is over :(

Btw someone earlier said Blues are more fun than Browns... its very very true. Browns are so much more... pedestrian.

Offline tgujay

« Reply #322 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 09:07:53 »
I never realized this forum was full of such immature children, jesus christ.
Gotta collect them all

Offline deadghost

« Reply #323 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 12:57:52 »

The promo expired at the beginning of the week, but here - http://www.officemax.com/technology/keyboard-mouse-accessories/gaming-keyboards-and-mice/product-prod4110372?cm_mmc=Performics-_-Slick%20Deals-_-Save%20Big%20on%20Technology%20This%20Week%20at%20OfficeMax.com-_-0004ca2e0b5a3b390aec7150e6000c49&affcode=performics&siteID=k1971

Officemax only has the tenkeyless in blues. They're on backorder so that could be good or bad depending on what you're after.

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #324 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 13:00:52 »
No sh|t. Who expects to get the newest version product at a closeout price? If you read the thread, & cared that much about getting an unbranded board you should have considered getting one from Amazon @ $90 shipped! still much less than any other Costar board. & they were actually confirmed brandless by myself and a person before me. & Amazon used FedEx shipping for whoever needed it.

PLUS; Carter, again generously, offered to get unbranded top cases and said they should be incoming! but in return he gets b|tch b|tch moan moan. Forget the ol saying 'beggers cant be choosers'? Good luck getting your unbranded case now, you scared him off!

I paid MSRP + tax so i'll provide all the criticism on packaging I want :p But I am wondering what is going on with the pattern of left ALT keys not working. Something to do with solder or PCB traces?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #325 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 13:08:23 »

Officemax only has the tenkeyless in blues. They're on backorder so that could be good or bad depending on what you're after.

Well, yeah, aren't all Rapids tkl?

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #326 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 13:12:13 »

Hang on, they wont be backordered long. I shipped them TONS yesterday

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #327 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 13:13:10 »
No sh|t. Who expects to get the newest version product at a closeout price? If you read the thread, & cared that much about getting an unbranded board you should have considered getting one from Amazon @ $90 shipped! still much less than any other Costar board. & they were actually confirmed brandless by myself and a person before me. & Amazon used FedEx shipping for whoever needed it.

PLUS; Carter, again generously, offered to get unbranded top cases and said they should be incoming! but in return he gets b|tch b|tch moan moan. Forget the ol saying 'beggers cant be choosers'? Good luck getting your unbranded case now, you scared him off!

I paid MSRP + tax so i'll provide all the criticism on packaging I want :p But I am wondering what is going on with the pattern of left ALT keys not working. Something to do with solder or PCB traces?

Still working hard on getting the brandless topcovers. Finished packaging this week, and will be ordering soon.

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #328 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 13:15:04 »
To all of those who PM'd me, and trust me there were a bunch. Thank you for the kind words. Know that I am not new to forum flaming and have been apart of these boards as well as many others for quite some time.

Cant make everyone happy but we do our best to try and put a smile on every face we can.

Offline Xerobasix

« Reply #329 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 13:34:36 »
I'm not angry with Carter or complaining about the amazing deal I received.  I am, however, disappointed that what i purchased was branded, when I was led to believe that it would not be.

That said, is it that big of a deal?  No.  The bottom line is the promo code Carter posted made having mechanical boards with different switches possible.  I've purchased 5 boards total, 2 from Amazon and 3 directly from the CM store and they have all been solid (with the exception of one I bought with a smooth 'f' key and a bump on the 'g' key).  And, especially when you look at the price of the competition, the promo-code was practically giving them away (which selling at or below cost basically is anyway).

To me, the only thing that the branding means, other than getting something slightly different than what I thought I was paying for, is that I need to get some more sandpaper and I'll have a new color of case to use.  As for the keycaps, those were going to be replaced regardless.  And, hopefully the CM store will still be selling me 3-4 blank tops in a month or two.

@Carter: Thank you for the amazing deal and for nudging some of those who were not ready to make the jump to mechanical.  And, even though 2 of the 3 that I purchased were branded, thank you for listening to the community and making an already great product even better.
CM Quickfire Rapid - Brown | Blue | Red

Offline Wess

« Reply #330 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 13:38:30 »
To all of those who PM'd me, and trust me there were a bunch. Thank you for the kind words. Know that I am not new to forum flaming and have been apart of these boards as well as many others for quite some time.

Cant make everyone happy but we do our best to try and put a smile on every face we can.

Thanks for everything again Carter! Did you ship them only blue's?

The boards are great and LOOK great in IMHO, branded or not. I was just a bit sorry for Canadians not having a share of the promo code goodness lol - ... Other than that, nothing that a bit of DIY wouldn't solve!

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #331 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 13:50:28 »

The boards are great and LOOK great in IMHO, branded or not. I was just a bit sorry for Canadians not having a share of the promo code goodness lol - ... Other than that, nothing that a bit of DIY wouldn't solve!

Yes only blues, its very challenging to have any other sellers other than amazon or Newegg to carry the same product with different switches. They frankly have no idea what the difference is.

Blue was chosen switch for mainstream etail/retail w/ rapid

Offline Wess

« Reply #332 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 14:09:48 »

Yes only blues, its very challenging to have any other sellers other than amazon or Newegg to carry the same product with different switches. They frankly have no idea what the difference is.

Blue was chosen switch for mainstream etail/retail w/ rapid

Thanks for the clarification Carter

That's sad... I wanted a brown board for my wife. Well I guess I have no luck with promotions anyway. I will figure it out somehow lol

BTW... OfficeMax does not seem to ship to Canada... lol
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 September 2012, 14:15:07 by Wess »

Offline ANDMYGUN

« Reply #333 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 15:03:17 »
Mine didn't ship today, looks like I'm going to be waiting till next week. Oh well, Thanks Carter!

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #334 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 15:12:16 »
Mine didn't ship today, looks like I'm going to be waiting till next week. Oh well, Thanks Carter!

UPS doesnt pick up until 4pm here. Remember, we are west coast.

Offline ANDMYGUN

« Reply #335 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 15:46:20 »

UPS doesnt pick up until 4pm here. Remember, we are west coast.

Oh, I live in seattle so this is perfect. I made my order on the 15th and the keyboard is still "awaiting shipment" I'm hoping it ships today! if so you rock Carter!

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #336 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 19:37:01 »
I would also like to note that the double wall shipping box the CMstore sent me was very impressive. I am always happy when a company gets even the small details done well. Kudos to whoever's idea that was to get the official CM-store branded boxes be the really nice ones. I think I can stand on it with no trouble.

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #337 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 20:11:00 »
Just picked up mine from the post office. I am loving these MX Brown switches. Thanks again!
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline ANDMYGUN

« Reply #338 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 22:18:56 »
Didn't ship today, next week it is!

Offline nullstring

« Reply #339 on: Fri, 21 September 2012, 22:39:14 »
any update on brandless browns?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #340 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 01:57:36 »
Just got my boards today

quickfire rapid reds (brandless)

quickfire rapid blues (branded)

looking for a black brandless top for my blues even though it doesnt look nearly as bad as the reds would branded

Offline megaforce

« Reply #341 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 03:49:54 »
Coolermaster removed the logos of the front face of the keyboard, but on the QFR reds (at least), they still have it on the back:

Can't wait for the Sanctuary caps to come out!  :D
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: Re: Anyone else have a CM QuickFire Rapid without any labeling?
« Reply #342 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 03:53:31 »
Coolermaster removed the logos of the front face of the keyboard, but on the QFR reds (at least), they still have it on the back:

Show Image
This was stated many pages ago by the cm rep

Offline OddOne

« Reply #343 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 08:53:22 »

quickfire rapid reds (brandless)
Show Image

Loving the look of the brandless boards. Can't wait for Carter to get them over to the US and available for purchase.  :)
CM Quickfire Rapid   |   Rosewill RK-9000BR  |  CM Quickfire Rapid  |

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #344 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 10:47:56 »
Will the case you just took off your filco not work?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #345 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 10:53:52 »
no the center screw hole is slighly different from my understanding because of the removable cable

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #346 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 10:57:23 »
no the center screw hole is slighly different from my understanding because of the removable cable
Got ya.  One more q.  Why not prep and plasti-dip or paint the one on it?  I know I'm being nosy.  Oh!  If not, I think that feng has a couple more of the black acrylic cases left.  I just bought a blue/white from him yesterday so I could experiment with the OE case.

Offline Xerobasix

« Reply #347 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 14:07:30 »
It looks like your board with reds doesn't have a red back plate... is that the case?
Show Image

CM Quickfire Rapid - Brown | Blue | Red

Offline DaLurker

« Reply #348 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 22:56:24 »
It looks like your board with reds doesn't have a red back plate... is that the case?
Show Image

Mine has a red back plate and is unbranded.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: Re: Anyone else have a CM QuickFire Rapid without any labeling?
« Reply #349 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 23:24:33 »
Show Image

Mine has a red back plate and is unbranded.
same with mine not that it really matters all that much.