Author Topic: [IC] GMK Solarized (Penumbra?!)  (Read 783949 times)

Offline jorgenslee

Re: [IC] GMK Solarized (Penumbra?!)
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:04:59 »
I hope the said vendor would sell it on a competitive price. If not, I would gladly support this IC and be run on massdrop to achieve that same price on GMK Carbon. I've been using solarized colorway on my favorite IDE for years now. Hope I could see it sooner. :)

Offline MkLovin

• pwned by dit
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:07:52 »
I hope the said vendor would sell it on a competitive price. If not, I would gladly support this IC and be run on massdrop to achieve that same price on GMK Carbon. I've been using solarized colorway on my favorite IDE for years now. Hope I could see it sooner. :)

That is the plan!
Mick Lovin is my favorite singer in the Rolling Stones

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:11:40 »
when and where can buy GMK Penumbra ? :p :p :p

It'll be sold through a large vendor who is part of gh and promoted through ctrl alt shortly

What are the odds of it having the whiter alphas? I know solarized would be more yellow, but damn did Penumbra ever look nice with white alphas. <3

that would be so amazing. definitely in for that if possible.

Offline MkLovin

• pwned by dit
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:12:55 »

It'll be sold through a large vendor who is part of gh and promoted through ctrl alt shortly

What are the odds of it having the whiter alphas? I know solarized would be more yellow, but damn did Penumbra ever look nice with white alphas. <3

that would be so amazing. definitely in for that if possible.

To answer your question, yes the render isn't accurate.  The alphas will be yellow like the OG set.  Don't worry.  Not sure if there will be a set for the white alphas yet, will keep you updated.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:15:29 »
As this guy stated, he will be stopping his plans as proof is being provided to him via a moderator shortly who is speaking to both myself and the vendor involved now

As the information involved is sensitive we would rather share it with a mod than some random guy
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:18:28 »

How many sets?

500 initially

I will gladly back down if you can prove anything is happening on your end.

I have no need to send you any proof, I'm trying to do you a favour to save you wasting any more time

However if proof is that important to you, I'd be prepared to share it with a member of the moderation team for you to confirm with

I received a message from the vendor confirming this

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:18:38 »
As this guy stated, he will be stopping his plans as proof is being provided to him via a moderator shortly who is speaking to both myself and the vendor involved now

As the information involved is sensitive we would rather share it with a mod than some random guy

Hi Bunny, do you have a ballpark figure for the selling price?

Regards

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:20:48 »
just curious, is that vendor originative or mechkb.com?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:22:04 »

That info is not public yet which is why we didn't wanna share it with some guy with 9 posts and instead did so with a mod

Offline MkLovin

• pwned by dit
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:22:43 »

How many sets?

500 initially

I have no need to send you any proof, I'm trying to do you a favour to save you wasting any more time

However if proof is that important to you, I'd be prepared to share it with a member of the moderation team for you to confirm with

I would love to see said message from the vendor, feel free to PM me!  I understand it is sensitive.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:23:12 »

That info is not public yet which is why we didn't wanna share it with some guy with 9 posts and instead did so with a mod

Hey man he has 11 posts now!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:24:58 »

How many sets?

500 initially

I would love to see said message from the vendor, feel free to PM me!  I understand it is sensitive.

I'm sure you would, but as mentioned that information isn't public yet and we have no way of knowing if you would share it, the evidence shown in this thread suggests you wouldn't treat it with the proper respect so it went to a moderator who was online

Offline Gajible

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:30:00 »
I'm sure you would, but as mentioned that information isn't public yet and we have no way of knowing if you would share it, the evidence shown in this thread suggests you wouldn't treat it with the proper respect so it went to a moderator who was online

"Here's some proof but not really"

Offline Shikarikato

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:31:20 »

well he eats socks so that should legitimize his potentiality of being a GB leader

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:34:48 »
If you want a second person to confirm, I'd be happy to do so.

Assuming everything is as it has been stated, the set Bunny is talking about will likely show up before this set gets off the ground, simply because of the GMK production queue if nothing else. I don't see how anyone loses anything by watching and waiting for a bit. If you're not happy with what comes out, why not launch the IC after you know what you're competing with?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline MkLovin

• pwned by dit
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:35:27 »

well he eats socks so that should legitimize his potentiality of being a GB leader

At least you know I deliver ;)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:37:01 »
If you want a second person to confirm, I'd be happy to do so.

Assuming everything is as it has been stated, the set Bunny is talking about will likely show up before this set gets off the ground, simply because of the GMK production queue if nothing else. I don't see how anyone loses anything by watching and waiting for a bit. If you're not happy with what comes out, why not launch the IC after you know what you're competing with?

I'm happy for byker to share the information with you if you would like to confirm

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:37:06 »

Not sure why you have these trust issues, but I was asked not to share it the vendor, so I won't share the vendor.

Offline Gajible

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:41:26 »

Not sure why you have these trust issues, but I was asked not to share it the vendor, so I won't share the vendor.

Issues taking the word of someone who barely fulfills orders, and in no timely fashion? I wonder why..

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:44:38 »

Issues taking the word of someone who barely fulfills orders, and in no timely fashion? I wonder why..

Fulfilled 13000 orders since Jan 2015, got about 70 outstanding old ones and about 30 outstanding hyperfuse

This set is part of a fundraising effort to fix toxic

To fix what we had on hand we have just switched the person shipping and it's rolling out

Get your facts straight before talking ****

Offline Gajible

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:49:17 »

Fulfilled 13000 orders since Jan 2015, got about 70 outstanding old ones and about 30 outstanding hyperfuse

To fix what we had on hand we have just switched the person shipping and it's rolling out

You know you've bitten off more than you can chew when you need to start a buy to fulfill an already delayed buy. I love how you say that like it's something even remotely reasonable. "Hey, give us more money because we ****ed up with your money last time" - Bunny 2016

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:49:49 »

I meant trusting my word.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:51:17 »

You know you've bitten off more than you can chew when you need to start a buy to fulfill an already delayed buy. I love how you say that like it's something even remotely reasonable. "Hey, give us more money because we ****ed up with your money last time" - Bunny 2016

Someone has a little issue reading, and zero comprehension of the events that occurred

Offline commandlinedesign

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:52:00 »
Delay the GB a month? Shame on me for thinking I can get a GB on time.

Delay Toxic, Penumbra, Hyperfuse for 2 years & JTK Debut + JTK Sophomore for a few months? Shame on you.

Offline kaeeeede

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:52:14 »

Why not fulfill those 100 outstanding orders before spending tens of thousands of dollars on 500 sets of this GMK Penumbra, not even running it as a GB? I really don't see how that helps the problem.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:53:11 »

Why not fulfill those 100 outstanding orders before spending tens of thousands of dollars on 500 sets of this GMK Penumbra, not even running it as a GB? I really don't see how that helps the problem.

Maybe read what has been said, and stop making up rubbish

Offline Gajible

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:53:19 »

Shhh, that'd make too much sense.

Offline neralo

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:54:03 »

Someone has a little issue reading, and zero comprehension of the events that occurred

is that someone you?
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:54:17 »

Shhh, that'd make too much sense.

Again, read what has been said, stop making up a completely fictitious version of events to support your internet bullying warrior argument

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:57:49 »
Because of a couple of trolls I'll lay out very clearly what is happening

Another vendor is running some of ctrl alts sets through gmk currently, they are buying them outright and selling them once on hand and giving us a cut of the profits, this money will be used to fix the outstanding old stuff we have while not taking time away from.fullfilling that, this is a positive step to fix a **** situation we were left in by someone else

Apparently what these people want above is for me to dump the old orders and just leave and hide, rather than stay and make progressive steps to fix them

Offline canigetanipa

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 02:00:17 »
All I have to say is Solarize me! Actually really psyched about how nice the GMK profile will look.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 02:04:01 »
I'd like to ask everyone in this thread (on both sides of the issue) to take a breather.

Yes, there were mistakes made in the handling of some past buys. And they're trying to make it right. All any one individual can do is make their own decisions with their own money.

At the same time, nobody is obligated to wait on moving forward with an IC just because a similar set is in production. There's nothing inherently wrong with this IC.

What's not okay is spewing anger back and forth and going off topic. This isn't an appropriate place to be complaining about ctrl[alt] -- this isn't their set and it isn't their thread. If you don't want to support ctrl[alt] for whatever reason, you can pledge your support here, but there's no need for going after Bunny and the rest of them. Let's not take this thread any further away from the Solarized IC. Any further off-topic posts or personal attacks will be removed.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline MkLovin

• pwned by dit
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 02:04:32 »
All I have to say is Solarize me! Actually really psyched about how nice the GMK profile will look.

Show Image

Got you fam

Offline kaeeeede

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 02:08:21 »
I'd like to ask everyone in this thread (on both sides of the issue) to take a breather.

Yes, there were mistakes made in the handling of some past buys. And they're trying to make it right. All any one individual can do is make their own decisions with their own money.

At the same time, nobody is obligated to wait on moving forward with an IC just because a similar set is in production. There's nothing inherently wrong with this IC.

What's not okay is spewing anger back and forth and going off topic. This isn't an appropriate place to be complaining about ctrl[alt] -- this isn't their set and it isn't their thread. If you don't want to support ctrl[alt] for whatever reason, you can pledge your support here, but there's no need for going after Bunny and the rest of them. Let's not take this thread any further away from the Solarized IC. Any further off-topic posts or personal attacks will be removed.

Should their posts be removed from the thread then, since they would be pretty off topic to the point of even stealing potential customers?

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 02:11:41 »

Should their posts be removed from the thread then, since they would be pretty off topic to the point of even stealing potential customers?

No, saying there may be a similar set in the works is relevant information. I also think it's important to leave some of the context surrounding it, so people can make their own decision on who to support. The problem is when it stops being about the set and starts becoming about the issues that people have with each other. It's fine to have those conversations (so long as you aren't breaking TOS), but this thread isn't the appropriate place for them.

Offline Pliny

• has 1800 fever
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 02:14:28 »
Between this thread's "progression" and the "GMK Toxic" IC a couple a threads over, kinda feels like an ambush of Monsieur Lake.

Just sayin'...   :(
"He will never, ever give you up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever let you down.”
- Melania T.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 02:16:47 »
Between this thread's "progression" and the "GMK Toxic" IC a couple a threads over, kinda feels like an ambush of Monsieur Lake.

i havent posted a word in the toxic gmk thread

i have no plans with gmk toxic, i didnt ambush this thread either, i came in to politely say this is already happening to save someone wasting their time and then had a bunch of gh historians with 10 posts attack me

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 02:30:26 »

i have no plans with gmk toxic, i didnt ambush this thread either, i came in to politely say this is already happening to save someone wasting their time and then had a bunch of gh historians with 10 posts attack me

Being asked for proof and responding with "Bless" isn't exactly polite....
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 02:33:16 »

Being asked for proof and responding with "Bless" isn't exactly polite....

i agree i just found it a laughable response, however after thinking about it i decided to provide proof, the mods received it and relayed it here and he didnt care or stand by his word so what was the point

i shouldnt need to provide proof but did anyway, at no point did i come in here and say you cant do this, i was trying to save the guy some time

if his motivation was to get this set made, then its happening, clearly that isnt his motivation

Offline Pliny

• has 1800 fever
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 02:44:55 »

Meant you were da **ambushee**

I not good with the wordating of the phrasations  :D
"He will never, ever give you up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever let you down.”
- Melania T.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 02:56:19 »
As Bunny said, if this set is being made, then I'm happy. I just hope the price, availability, and options are there to make it impossible for me to say no. If it looks good then I may sell my SA set.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 03:10:41 »
baldgye, solitary1212, commandlinedesign, MkLovin, Gajible, jchan94, ceflame, Scalarmotion, Geckt, dfrib, Ryukuxyz, shibataken, ultraidiot, ruiqimao, y2bd, Butter, sircheddar, Drippy, ba7777, skullydazed, koops, shower_king, clacktalk, edel781, nogo1557, GreyAmbience, kaeeeede, JorisBoers, LeoChien, Proyoyo, Glenmael, Purp, Cerasis, skaloola, Chedda7, KyleZhuang, HTN47, Undone, Gandhi (+ 5 Hidden) and 37 Guests are viewing this topic.

seems legit

Offline Ryukuxyz

• VE.A!!!
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 03:14:27 »
baldgye, solitary1212, commandlinedesign, MkLovin, Gajible, jchan94, ceflame, Scalarmotion, Geckt, dfrib, Ryukuxyz, shibataken, ultraidiot, ruiqimao, y2bd, Butter, sircheddar, Drippy, ba7777, skullydazed, koops, shower_king, clacktalk, edel781, nogo1557, GreyAmbience, kaeeeede, JorisBoers, LeoChien, Proyoyo, Glenmael, Purp, Cerasis, skaloola, Chedda7, KyleZhuang, HTN47, Undone, Gandhi (+ 5 Hidden) and 37 Guests are viewing this topic.

seems legit

Sup.

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 03:14:53 »
1,before bunny have said this is happening with GMK ,i almost provide the cream yellow i find at http://www.pantone.com/color-finder
His reminder of that prevent me from doing more unnecessary things.although i have found two cream yellow approaching to this set in my perspective. :p

2,The color-way of penumbra in SA has been  first arranged by bunny , even there is no color-way copyright protection. It would be better  show respect and pm to let bunny know that re-arrangement or rather similar color-arrangement will be launched in new GB.
3, Some unfulfillment happens in bunny's last GBs, however, he is a reliant GB starter for me and the motivation that in this IC is proof itself
4, GMK penumbra or GMK solarizd , will sold at some time if at an acceptable markup , i could afford them ,i def in .

« Last Edit: Mon, 25 July 2016, 03:24:10 by shower_king »

Offline sircheddar

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 03:39:03 »

seems legit

im famous!
" I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. "

Offline KyleZhuang

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 04:14:50 »
Despite the argument, I just wanna say I'm really glad to see this set being done. Hope the buying period will go smoothly.
REALFORCE 104 Pro-30

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 05:31:42 »
OP should just go ahead and put his valuable time into making this set happen. Ctrl Alt still have .7% of orders outstanding therefore they are incapable of doing anything good. There is no legal protection to Ctrl Alt so lets just abuse that and create something for the community!

More
/s

I'm actually very happy to see what Ctrl Alt are doing, and I have the utmost trust in them. Bunny and others that run Ctrl Alt are amongst some of the people I trust the most to run anything now.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 July 2016, 05:33:49 by xondat »

Offline ntw

« Reply #97 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 06:29:06 »

and interested too
Wishlist: Hungrkey, Creamsicle Skullthulhu, MDMAver Skullthulhu, Goo, Taka

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 06:35:20 »
Ruined the surprise :(

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 06:53:47 »
This set is already happening with gmk

The colours are being matched now, it's being produced at the end of august and will be for sale as soon as it arrives

That would have been known if you had the courtesy to contact me
So shipping will be, like, 2019 then?