Author Topic: Originative: Vendor Review  (Read 813955 times)

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: Originative: Vendor Review
« Reply #250 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 17:05:16 »
I am not shill but it looks like he's been very active lately and fulfilling orders quite fast. I am not sure what issues there were before he tainted his rep, but I haven't had an issue in the last 5 months.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #251 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 17:06:53 »
I am not shill but it looks like he's been very active lately and fulfilling orders quite fast. I am not sure what issues there were before he tainted his rep, but I haven't had an issue in the last 5 months.

Yes, they've been performing well recently no doubt

Maybe a consideration to bring them back into the forum?
I love them since day - 1
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #252 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 17:09:37 »

Check out the interview with lsb on Keychatter. That'll give you the reasons why he's developed a bad reputation. But yes, he's being doing leagues better recently. Every item I've ordered I've gotten the same week, and every question I asked he (or Wendy?) responds the same day. He even follows up with a friendly email after every order.

Not sure if he's doing it to compensate for what's happened in the past, but he'll be getting a few more orders from me in the future.

Just change the site up a bit, sherry. It looks too "premium."  :))

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #253 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 17:13:52 »
In my experience, Originative have been nothing but a delight to deal with.

I have ordered quite a number of items from their store:
    -Charred Orange
    -Cyan
    -Olivetti
    -CMYW Modifiers
    -Royal Purple
    -Oceanic Blue
    -Apple Green
    -Carbon Black

Only ever had 1 issue, in which the Carbon Black was missing a key, I emailed them, got an immediate response and the key was shipped out next day.

Will continue to buy from them and appreciate their dedication to bringing GMK to the masses  :cool:

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #254 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 17:16:43 »
Have placed two orders for small items from them recently. Both shipped the day I ordered, item 1 arrived 3 days later, just ordered item 2 yesterday

Offline Fullcream

« Reply #255 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 17:18:10 »
Just to contribute to this, most people say they submitted an order and then within x hours got a shipping confirmation.
The other night I ordered purple modifiers and then fell asleep and woke up with a shipping confirmation but I can't be bothered to check the time the email was received so yeah. Cool
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 February 2016, 17:51:19 by Fullcream »

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #256 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 17:45:06 »
Also want to point out.

Yesterday I ordered the Cyan homing keys, I had an issue with payment not working and emailed them. Between Sheraton and Wendy they fixed the issue promptly.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #257 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 17:46:13 »
Same got tracking number within a few hours of ordering.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #258 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 18:08:03 »
I had dinner with sherry the other night. He's fighting hard to gain reputation back. Hopefully everyone can be confident ordering from Originative.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #259 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 18:10:47 »
I have ordered a few things, small things, in the past month, they have all shipped very quickly, and I have had 0 issues.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #260 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 18:11:25 »
I had dinner with sherry the other night. He's fighting hard to gain reputation back. Hopefully everyone can be confident ordering from Originative.

^

sherry is a cool dude, i think he just went in a little over his head starting out but he's gotten control of it lately.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #261 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 18:12:27 »

^

sherry is a cool dude, i think he just went in a little over his head starting out but he's gotten control of it lately.

Another issue was traveling then getting too busy and not letting anyone know.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #262 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 18:12:35 »

^

+1 has regained my trust on a personal* level.

*Not an official statement of geekhack.org

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #263 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 18:14:22 »

^

yup, which is where he messed up and he knows it. and he said he's learned from it.

god i want korean bbq

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #264 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 18:14:47 »

^

yup, which is where he messed up and he knows it. and he said he's learned from it.

god i want korean bbq

I could eat

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #265 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 18:15:43 »

I think his passion for keyboards is definitely there. Didn't he help "find" GMK? That's a major boon to the custom keyboard world.

It sounds like he just got in way, way over his head. Too much too fast.
Was he the first of the infamous disappearing GB leaders? If so, that may be another reason; as this had never happened before, he took the brunt of the force.

But as I mentioned, I've had nothing but pleasant experiences. There were few instances where I emailed him through Originative a couple of years ago, before I even joined geekhack, and never got a response, but that seems menial compared to his efforts now.

PS
I even ordered the Portal mods and didn't realize until they arrived I ordered the wrong ones. Wendy sent the right ones right away and trusted that I returned the erroneous set (which I did).

PPS
Ugh. Sniped by replies. That's what I get for typing too much.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #266 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 18:20:00 »

I think his passion for keyboards is definitely there. Didn't he help "find" GMK? That's a major boon to the custom keyboard world.

when GMK was found there was  a group who knew about it and tried to sell there OG sets at inflated prices before everyone else found out  :-X

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #267 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 18:25:31 »

when GMK was found there was  a group who knew about it and tried to sell there OG sets at inflated prices before everyone else found out  :-X

Found out what their source was?

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #268 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 19:34:19 »
Just wanted to provide some input:

Today, I received my GMK Cyan set and Cyan LED set. Fast shipping. Everything accounted for. As some have previously mentioned, I received a notice about the cyan blanks should I have wanted them, and a shipping notice not long after that (same day as order).

Everything is accounted for. Very light/small scratch on two keys (F6 and 1.25U Alt), but I can live with it if no replacements are available.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #269 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 21:11:12 »
Hi, I'm new here and doesn't know any of the past GB "horrible" experiences, but I can vouch that originative is one of the best keycaps vendor I know.

I joined GMK Valentine GB, and bought some addons, and Taihao PBT miami (non coated) from him, he shipped the same day I ordered it, with USPS tracking

That alone is already gaining my trust for him

I just wish the prices are lowered for a little bit, hehehe
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #270 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 21:23:08 »
Sherry FTW.   Can't undo the past ..... but we can all move forward   :thumb: :thumb:

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #271 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 08:51:14 »
Assuming he wants it back, I believe it's completely worth offering a vendor forum to Sherry. We all benefit from vendors catering to the enthusiast crowd, and when vendors misstep, our hope should be for reform, and successful reform should be rewarded. Seems like Sherry falls firmly in that camp.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #272 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 11:04:37 »
It's not exactly GH related, but I have noticed Sherry doing an awesome job over at reddit with answering questions about GMK caps, answered a couple of mine as well. Just another positive bump for him  :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #273 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 11:20:48 »

^

This is the issue I'm having with supporting Originative. I like Sherry as a person and think he's a great guy. But I don't think he runs a very tight ship with his business or hasn't in the past. This is literally the 4th or 5th time I've seen the cycle of Sherry is good and shipping stuff. I'm worried that it'll go the way it did before. 6 months of good service and shipping, 6 months of nothing like Melvang was talking about. I've pretty much settled it as Sherry is a great guy and maybe not so great businessperson from what I've seen. Unfortunately I've made my decision that I will continue not supporting him. Even though I *really* wanted that GMK Valentine's 520 set.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #274 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 11:27:40 »
This is something that will take time. People have had mixed experiences in the past and as long as the business continues to deliver on it's promises then I think the problems of the past will be just that -- in the past.

Personally, I've had nothing but good experiences with both Sherry and The Originative, but I am aware that others have had issues. Will this stop me from ordering from them again? No. In fact, I'm trying so hard not to buy the Valentines set.

Offline crickclackman

« Reply #275 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 16:00:37 »
So...from my short time here a lot of stuff ships late.

Did he actually ever scam any anyone?

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #276 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 16:09:38 »
I'm personally glad sherry's back on the wagon as he's a good friend from back in the day. Clearly he knows he needs to put in the work to earn back some of the trust he lost, and I hope that he gets there. :thumb:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #277 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 19:54:20 »

I know reading is hard but this entire thread is full of information that can help answer that question.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #278 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 22:53:11 »
If he does get a vendor forum again, he's going to get a LOT of flack until things settle down.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #279 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 23:13:45 »
What's his current track record at? Five months? Maybe take a full year before giving back the forum?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #280 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 02:20:39 »

I know reading is hard but this entire thread is full of information that can help answer that question.

hahaha.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #281 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 18:42:51 »
Geekhackers,

I wanted to take this time to thank you all for the positive comments and kind words. I especially want to thank those who’ve been following me and still chose to put their faith in me. This really means a lot to me since many people tend to think that history will just repeat itself.

I know trust is a hard thing to regain, but I’m hoping to prove myself to those who still have doubts in me. Originative is no longer a one-man show.  I now have the help I need and wished I had when I first started in 2013. In the past year, we have worked as a team to push out orders, large and small, within 1-2 business days.

I’ve also matured as a person; instead of choosing to run away from my problems, I’ve learned to face them with confidence. I know what I have done in the past to negatively impact my reputation in the community, but I’ve been working harder every day to better myself and Originative. I understand that Originative would be nothing without the trust of the community and we’ve been striving to provide the best customer support for those who’ve been supporting us.

Your GH friend,

Sheraton

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #282 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 18:59:30 »
Geekhackers,

I wanted to take this time to thank you all for the positive comments and kind words. I especially want to thank those who’ve been following me and still chose to put their faith in me. This really means a lot to me since many people tend to think that history will just repeat itself.

I know trust is a hard thing to regain, but I’m hoping to prove myself to those who still have doubts in me. Originative is no longer a one-man show.  I now have the help I need and wished I had when I first started in 2013. In the past year, we have worked as a team to push out orders, large and small, within 1-2 business days.

I’ve also matured as a person; instead of choosing to run away from my problems, I’ve learned to face them with confidence. I know what I have done in the past to negatively impact my reputation in the community, but I’ve been working harder every day to better myself and Originative. I understand that Originative would be nothing without the trust of the community and we’ve been striving to provide the best customer support for those who’ve been supporting us.

Your GH friend,

Sheraton

Very well put.   Now add more products to your store cuz I currently own everything you're selling   ;D ;D

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #283 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 20:54:48 »
sherry's cool.
I love Elzy

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #284 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 21:24:55 »
I've been purchasing things from Sherry and from the site and have had a good transaction every time. He's doing good work. Keep it up!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #285 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 01:49:39 »
Communication is good.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline polentA

• Formerly withoutrulers
  • GMK plz
« Reply #286 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 02:04:49 »
I've bought a few things from Originative recently and had no problems at all.  Items shipped very quickly and arrived sooner than expected.  No complaints at all  :thumb: 

Offline tronbeaver

« Reply #287 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 10:13:12 »

Hoff says Originiative never scammed anyone.

Speaking of Sherry, have the problems with his past GB order fulfillment issues been addressed?

AFAIK he has fulfilled all past GBs.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #288 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 10:15:54 »

Speaking of Sherry, have the problems with his past GB order fulfillment issues been addressed?

Not scamming =/= fulfilling all GBs.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #289 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 10:37:57 »

No. 

He did leave a few group buys un-fulfilled for months, if not years, and did have many issues.  But as of right now he does not have any outstanding orders from those past group buys (AKA he has fulfilled all past GBs as of currently).

He did have issues.

I still wouldn't say he scammed anyone though, since IMO that implies intent. 

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #290 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 17:28:13 »
I was apprehensive using Originative in the latter half of last year. I received a nice PM from sherry about some stabilisers. I also received the 24k gold springs I ordered in a very short time.

I would say A+ for service and fulfilment.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #291 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 17:38:37 »
Quite a long time ago I purchased my very first keycap set from Originative; everything was fine. Since then, I have made a number of purchases from Originative with no issues at all. Shipping was always prompt, and when I had questions, I got quick and thoughtful replies. My most recent Originative purchase was another keycap set, and again I got prompt service and immediate shipping.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #292 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 17:44:47 »
I've been in heavy communication with him for the last few months, and he has been trying exceptionally hard to work out the issues he had in the past and work on getting new stuff for the community.

Personally, the fact that he straight up admitted fault the way he did with me, without any BS excuses at all, really earned a lot of respect from me just for that. That often isn't the case around here, so it was very refreshing to me.

This last year I've had only very good experiences with anything I've ordered from him  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #293 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 21:14:49 »
Quite a long time ago I purchased my very first keycap set from Originative; everything was fine. Since then, I have made a number of purchases from Originative with no issues at all. Shipping was always prompt, and when I had questions, I got quick and thoughtful replies. My most recent Originative purchase was another keycap set, and again I got prompt service and immediate shipping.

Describes my experiences as well

Sherry has been fantastic with shipping times and amending orders

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #294 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 12:35:11 »
This isnt really on the Originative aspect, but more on Sherry.

He has been helping and giving guidance on my attempt at starting a Group Buy. He has definitely helped me a ton on this.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #295 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 17:54:41 »

^

This is the issue I'm having with supporting Originative. I like Sherry as a person and think he's a great guy. But I don't think he runs a very tight ship with his business or hasn't in the past. This is literally the 4th or 5th time I've seen the cycle of Sherry is good and shipping stuff. I'm worried that it'll go the way it did before. 6 months of good service and shipping, 6 months of nothing like Melvang was talking about. I've pretty much settled it as Sherry is a great guy and maybe not so great businessperson from what I've seen. Unfortunately I've made my decision that I will continue not supporting him. Even though I *really* wanted that GMK Valentine's 520 set.

I am spending today sorting components for the GH60 group buy.  Yet another big buy that was abandoned with many, many people assuming they would never get what they paid for.  But a bunch of GH'ers are banding together and making it happen.  But very few people would ever do business with the originators of THAT group buy ever again.  Even the originators who seemed like really awesome people.

I also like Sherryton as a person, but after many disappointments decided to cross him off my list of people with whom I will do business.  After the second or third time he completely stopped communicating to many, many people, it became hard to click his buy buttons -- even when he was offering some really cool things for sale.

Hoff says no one actually lost out from Sherryton's actions.  I don't think that is true, but I can't find substantiation either way.  My recollection is that there were group buys that ended up in his parent's garage, never to be seen by the original buyers again.  But I could be wrong, and I hope for Sherryton's sake I am.

Regardless, no one who has been here for a long time would say they were confident about Originative.  Sometimes they send a tracking number immediately -- but that just means they printed a label.  Sometimes they respond to e-mails quickly, and sometimes they disappear for months.

Everyone who is in this hobby takes time away.  I certainly have.

But it is unacceptable to do so during a group buy.

Sadly, I am with CPTBadAss on this matter.  I'd happily drink a beer with Sherryton, but not do business there again.

Sorry.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #296 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 09:06:09 »

^

I am spending today sorting components for the GH60 group buy.  Yet another big buy that was abandoned with many, many people assuming they would never get what they paid for.  But a bunch of GH'ers are banding together and making it happen.  But very few people would ever do business with the originators of THAT group buy ever again.  Even the originators who seemed like really awesome people.

I also like Sherryton as a person, but after many disappointments decided to cross him off my list of people with whom I will do business.  After the second or third time he completely stopped communicating to many, many people, it became hard to click his buy buttons -- even when he was offering some really cool things for sale.

Hoff says no one actually lost out from Sherryton's actions.  I don't think that is true, but I can't find substantiation either way.  My recollection is that there were group buys that ended up in his parent's garage, never to be seen by the original buyers again.  But I could be wrong, and I hope for Sherryton's sake I am.

Regardless, no one who has been here for a long time would say they were confident about Originative.  Sometimes they send a tracking number immediately -- but that just means they printed a label.  Sometimes they respond to e-mails quickly, and sometimes they disappear for months.

Everyone who is in this hobby takes time away.  I certainly have.

But it is unacceptable to do so during a group buy.

Sadly, I am with CPTBadAss on this matter.  I'd happily drink a beer with Sherryton, but not do business there again.

Sorry.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Seems the tables have turned.  Originative now is shipping on time and Sameisekoi has abandoned his Group Buys.

Can Originative be reinstated?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #297 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 11:45:12 »

Can Originative be reinstated?

Does he even want to?  Personally, I've done business with him.  And never even knew of any former associating with GH.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #298 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 14:27:18 »
Have had more than a few orders with Originative in the last 6 months. Space bars, Hyperfuse, etc. No issues at all and all items were shipped extremely fast. Usually received tracking the day of the order and the items would hit the post a day or two after with priority shipping selected.  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #299 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 14:32:10 »
Also will weigh in with my experiences: ordered some Gateron switches through them with different housings than they stock, their supplier let them down but I got them without affecting what I needed them for (so it doesn't matter too much). I was kept up to date frequently and got a coupon as an apology. Hyperfuse/stabilizers came quickly, packaging could've been better as I ended up with 40+ scratched keys, but otherwise in a good, timely fashion. Sherry is a great guy and has good intentions, the other 2? guys are cool too.