Author Topic: Originative: Vendor Review  (Read 813950 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Originative: Vendor Review
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 22:39:28 »
It was fun while it lasted - so much promise.
Sherry had the resources needed to make it successful, and the demand was there. The execution was just incredibly poor. Sherry dun goofed.

Shame about his Handarbeit :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 22:47:31 »
Something sherry has always done that really annoyed me and my preferences was that he would always pick out something from each classic set and make something different from the original. With his first sets it was the infamous tabs (dat tab) and then with GMK dolch it was his print screen and pause.....when I noticed that on my gmk dolch it made me so mad....and I decided to just sell it because It was honestly bothering me too much.

Sherry was an honest cool guy when I used to talk to him on skype a lot. he knows a TON, taught me a lot of good information, but he's just disappeared o.O

Hazeluff is a solid bro, I still stand by that.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 03:24:38 »
I would like to start off by apologizing for my absence and for the lack of communication in that time.

During this time, I was on a trip overseas, I was busy with personal matters, and at some point, I had become sick.  I had also delegated the task of shipping orders during that time frame, and was unavailable to provide any insight whenever problems were to occur.

I understand that many of you are upset, and I have decided to take action.  I will be coordinating with others to improve customer support in order to provide more prompt service.  Hopefully we will be able to answer any queries you may have in a timely manner.

What I have done was really self-fish and unacceptable.  The mass pile up of emails, from the trip,  really demotivated me, and I sincerely apologize. I am still studying and a lot of this is still a learning process for me. From here on out, I hope to improve the company with more support, updates, and myself.  In the future, I will put forth my best efforts to ensure you are not blacked out from what is going on.

Some of the contacts can be found here:

andy@originativeco.com
eugene@originativeco.com
johnson@originativeco.com
sheraton@originativeco.com

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 03:26:22 »
I would like to start off by apologizing for my absence and for the lack of communication in that time.

During this time, I was on a trip overseas, I was busy with personal matters, and at some point, I had become sick.  I had also delegated the task of shipping orders during that time frame, and was unavailable to provide any insight whenever problems were to occur.

I understand that many of you are upset, and I have decided to take action.  I will be coordinating with others to improve customer support in order to provide more prompt service.  Hopefully we will be able to answer any queries you may have in a timely manner.

What I have done was really self-fish and unacceptable.  The mass pile up of emails, from the trip,  really demotivated me, and I sincerely apologize. I am still studying and a lot of this is still a learning process for me. From here on out, I hope to improve the company with more support, updates, and myself.  In the future, I will put forth my best efforts to ensure you are not blacked out from what is going on.

andy@originativeco.com
eugene@originativeco.com

just whoaaa :eek:

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 03:49:49 »
what does this mean?  :-X

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 05:39:26 »

andy@originativeco.com
eugene@originativeco.com

Good to hear from you!

I know a lot of people are still going to be mad, but it is nice to know you are ok and still working.

I think the biggest thing you can do is to just communicate with your customers - your vendor forum here is a great place for that (if you are allowed to keep it).  Simply popping in from time to time, even just to say "Hi guys, sorry, really busy right now but I'll get back to you as soon as I can" or posting the occasional status update (e.g. "gone on holiday, back in June") would go a long way towards alleviating the frustration that some people have been feeling.

That you have been quickly fulfilling some recent orders has given a lot of us hope that things are on the mend.

I know you probably don't want or need to hear all this, and most likely know it already, but hopefully things are just going to get better and better moving forwards :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 06:05:43 »
what does this mean?  :-X

Considering it was after the deadline given I don't know that it should mean anything. It's what I would call a 'hail mary' last ditch effort which amounts to nothing until proven otherwise.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 06:32:07 »

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 08:46:49 »
He's alive :o

Offline ferociousfingerings

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 09:44:55 »
just watch him respond now to everything :))

mind = blown
Logitech G710+

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 10:38:17 »
Rest in pieces.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 15:47:23 »
He lives!

Your own well being is important, sort yourself out as soon as possible, then put your full efforts into cleaning up this mess.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 16:00:28 »
He lives!

Your own well being is important, sort yourself out as soon as possible, then put your full efforts into cleaning up this mess.

While your own well being is important, updates are essential.  Given that this is a trend with Sherry, I doubt he'll earn the goodwill back.  I liked him when I talked with him, but I'd never buy from him since there's too much risk involved.

Now that doesn't mean he shouldn't make things right and try to earn it back.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 16:03:25 »
Guys, it took the threat of his vendor forum being removed and he even waited until the very last minute to respond. He doesn't give a crap about this place.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 16:15:30 »
So, what's going to happen in about 7 hours?  :blank:
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 16:28:40 »
So, what's going to happen in about 7 hours?  :blank:

By my math the week expired yesterday at 20:14:14  :-\

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 16:46:21 »

There were 24 hours added for archival.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 16:49:53 »

There were 24 hours added for archival.

:)) ::)

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 16:54:09 »
Well would have been weird if this whole thread would have simply disappeared after the week imo...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 16:54:59 »
Well would have been weird if this whole thread would have simply disappeared after the week imo...

nuke's have happened before.... :-*

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 16:56:37 »
nuke's have happened before.... :-*

True, true :-X
Anyways, it's only 3 hours left.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 16:59:10 »
nevermind I was reading the statistics wrong derp....

it'd only be 164 posts  :-X
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 May 2014, 17:02:40 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 17:00:52 »
Just so we are clear, when things get archived those posts still count right? I don't want to lose over 4% of my posts.  >:D

Of all things... ha

Yes it'll still count. Unless the moderator's archival section doesn't count towards posts. :P
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
Re: Originative: Vendor Review
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 11:12:43 »
It's to bad I was getting impatient with the v2 GB for Lightsaver, but don't want to risk for the V1 from Mr. Sherry
In the process of my custom Zombie board
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline shawn o

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 19:26:55 »
Ordered from him a couple weeks ago and got the order quickly.

Just because he isn't "here" means nothing.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 19:43:44 »

I think the couple hundred people with 5 month unfilled orders would say otherwise. I had my own issues and they ended up being resolved over the course of 3 months and 20 emails. But I think a contingency for remaining a listed vendor would be at minimum filling all back orders or refunding unavailable items. Just my 2¢

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 19:44:40 »

Yes, we already know that he's back in business. However, people are still waiting for things they paid for a really long time ago, AFAIK. Also, in order to keep your Vendor status/forum here on GH you need to provide updates.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 19:45:33 »
So no more lube from sherry? Wonder when he's going to remove that from his site

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 19:51:27 »
as stated in the geekhackers.org thread (now in the artisan forum), originative is no longer a geehackers reseller.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 20:07:48 »

Yeah totally who cares about all the people that got ripped off. ;)

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 21:46:34 »
I put him on my blacklist last time he did this.  Lesson learned.

Agreed, so did I. I wonder how many other people got out right scammed by them and now this. Guy is a snake but some idiots will always believe in the oil they sell.

Wouldn't believe a word he said in the bs post either.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 May 2014, 21:51:26 by rayuki »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 00:04:39 »
So no more lube from sherry?

I'll send you some KY to remove that vicious gape bleed from your wallet  ;D .

Offline shawn o

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 13:23:07 »
I was simply saying that his site is active, regardless of his Geekhack status, and that I received my order promptly.

Not sure about previous transactions or issues with them, unfortunate if true. But, if I ordered something online and didn't receive it within a reasonable amount of time (2-3 weeks MAX), I'd contact them. If I didn't receive and response AND the item right away, I'd immediately dispute the charge.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 14:53:17 »
Looks like I'm building someone a lightsaver that was received from Sherry within a week or two. No problems here.
I love Elzy

Offline feizor

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 16:19:07 »
I put him on my blacklist last time he did this.  Lesson learned.

Agreed, so did I. I wonder how many other people got out right scammed by them and now this. Guy is a snake but some idiots will always believe in the oil they sell.

Wouldn't believe a word he said in the bs post either.

I don't think snake oil is oil sold by snakes but that would be off topic.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 21:01:10 »
The proof will be in the pudding. I am curious whether he is actually going to work to catch up on his backlog, or if he's going to disappear again now that his subforum is gone.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 23:01:29 »
The proof will be in the pudding. I am curious whether he is actually going to work to catch up on his backlog, or if he's going to disappear again now that his subforum is gone.

Since he really only addressed doing better with 'future' orders I'd says all those past orders that were never delivered or delivered with problems are all up in the air still.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 23:38:17 »
Always excuses on this forum.  Always the same.  Sickness.  Family trouble.  Traveling overseas.  Always.

People who run an honest business don't just drop everything and disappear.  They find a replacement, they make arraignments, they deal with their customers.

Think about the businesses you deal with in real life.  Could you imagine hearing a story like that from the corner dry cleaners?  No.  You only hear that stuff from shysters.

Honest, decent people are forgiving.  Sociopaths use that to their advantage.

I've said this same rant before.  My blacklist saved me this time.  We all know who the bad eggs are.  Terminate Originative.  Terminate RedLine.  Toss the guys who screwed over so many on the 2nd Phantom buy.  etc, etc.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 11:30:59 »
I feel sad when I saw a lot of group buys and orders are not what GHers expected recently.
Nobody wants to lose money/time but it seems bad things keep happening.

Today, I received my Otaku order from Sheraton.
64182-0
* potato picture

At least, until now, he did not own me anything.

The disappearance of Sheraton was wrong and it will decrease his credibility. However, he admitted his mistake so I hope that he will fulfill orders for all people or at least you and him can find an amicable solution for all pending issues. It's the most important thing to do now.

Please don't confuse my message as an encouragement but a testimony for an individual order delivery so if you can have pending order, please contact him to seek for a friendly solution.
I like linear switches

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 14:26:45 »
Always excuses on this forum.  Always the same.  Sickness.  Family trouble.  Traveling overseas.  Always.

People who run an honest business don't just drop everything and disappear.  They find a replacement, they make arraignments, they deal with their customers.

Think about the businesses you deal with in real life.  Could you imagine hearing a story like that from the corner dry cleaners?  No.  You only hear that stuff from shysters.

Honest, decent people are forgiving.  Sociopaths use that to their advantage.

I've said this same rant before.  My blacklist saved me this time.  We all know who the bad eggs are.  Terminate Originative.  Terminate RedLine.  Toss the guys who screwed over so many on the 2nd Phantom buy.  etc, etc.

I agree.  It is not that hard to let people know if you will not be available for some time.  Get on the Internet, type up a post about your situation, refund the orders that will not be delivered.  Done.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline intelli78

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 17:26:16 »
I just ordered a Cyrillic set and it shipped within an hour. FWIW.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 17:43:48 »
I just ordered a Cyrillic set and it shipped within an hour. FWIW.

When he's back, he's back!

The concern a lot of people have is that he will disappear without notice again.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 05:21:32 »
I just sent him another email about my rgby groupbuy order asking for status. if he cared he would tell us wtf is going on with the groupbuys. yes your getting your orders for things he actually has but he has been holding on to our cash for a very long time with zero information provided.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 10:00:12 »
I just sent him another email about my rgby groupbuy order asking for status. if he cared he would tell us wtf is going on with the groupbuys. yes your getting your orders for things he actually has but he has been holding on to our cash for a very long time with zero information provided.

Well, as we are discussing in the Originative Cyrillic thread (would link but on Tapatalk) he's starting to flake out even on stuff he has in stock. He's ignoring emails from me and anoxy. He's not following through on what he said he'd do.

I'm going to send some emails to those other contacts he listed in this thread.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 03:47:16 »
All of the items from order #1392 have now been shipped:

1x Red Esc - GMK Red Esc (White Legends)
1x GMK RGB (Group Buy) - RGB (White)
They are being shipped via USPS to the following address:

The tracking number for these items is ##############.
Click here to see the status of your shipment.

Please allow some time for the status of the shipment to correctly display at the above address.

Thank you for ordering from Originative!

I understand it is a groupbuy and they take time. But zero communication is b.s.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 13:36:10 »
I got my purple key caps from Originative today.

They came through in the end.

But, the communication skills are lacking.

I'm happy with my purple set.

I just need to put them on a keyboard.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 13:38:20 »
I ended up getting my stuff too, after emailing andy@originativeco.com. Sherry never responded to me.

Offline biochem

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 17:03:12 »
Pleasant surprise here also!

Purple key caps arrived today. Ordered in December and had given up hope.
Filco MJ2 tenkeyless (blues)
Heatware

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #98 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 17:03:38 »
WHich set is the purple one?

Offline billnye

• ability man