Author Topic: [IC] TMO50 keyboard  (Read 161201 times)

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: [IC] TMO50 keyboard
« Reply #500 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 02:41:54 »
What is the meaning of this: "dibinātāju aizdevums"?
It's only the founders. It's latvian for "founders edition". There will be no logos on the or plate in the GB.

Nice. Thank you.
Nice that there will be no big logos on the back? :D
Haha actually, I'd find an engraved TMO50 in the middle of the back super nice. :)
Really loving the green! Man, all the colors you chose are soo good!
Will there be a possibillity for a raw aluminum one? I'd probably go for two if this was the case (or maybe I'll go for two anyways..  :rolleyes: )

You like the founder TMO50 logo, yeah? About offering raw ones - I'd rather not offer that.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #501 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 05:56:10 »
It's only the founders. It's latvian for "founders edition". There will be no logos on the or plate in the GB.

Nice. Thank you.
Haha actually, I'd find an engraved TMO50 in the middle of the back super nice. :)
Will there be a possibillity for a raw aluminum one? I'd probably go for two if this was the case (or maybe I'll go for two anyways..  :rolleyes: )

You like the founder TMO50 logo, yeah? About offering raw ones - I'd rather not offer that.

I think the TMO logo is super cute too!! Sad if that's only gonna be on the founders ones.

I'm still agonising over what combination I'm going to go with. Has it been mentioned anywhere else whether you're going to allow people to order multiples of any parts? I'm tempted by a polycarb bottom but idk if I'd want to _only_ have that as an option

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #502 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 06:28:41 »

Nice. Thank you.

Why against raw options? It's good for people that want to have them powder coated or cerakoted.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #503 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 06:34:07 »
I think the TMO logo is super cute too!! Sad if that's only gonna be on the founders ones.

I'm still agonising over what combination I'm going to go with. Has it been mentioned anywhere else whether you're going to allow people to order multiples of any parts? I'm tempted by a polycarb bottom but idk if I'd want to _only_ have that as an option

Yeah, multiple parts will be possible, I think I covered that in OP but I can't remember. :D

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #504 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 06:35:12 »

Yeah, multiple parts will be possible, I think I covered that in OP but I can't remember. :D

Woops :P Sorry! Thanks for answering it anyway ^-^

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #505 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 06:35:39 »
Why against raw options? It's good for people that want to have them powder coated or cerakoted.

Well, I'll have to think about it maybe.

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #506 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 06:38:02 »

Well, I'll have to think about it maybe.
It's just a thought. They have to be stripped of any anodizing before they can be painted, so it's really like a cost saving measure.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline saucybulgogi

« Reply #507 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 07:33:27 »
Id like it to have the TMO:50 logo too. It’s already an instantly recognizable design but I think having the logo on there adds to the premium feel of the board. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #508 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 08:11:07 »
I'm perfectly fine not having the logo on it... makes the design cleaner. If it does end up going on it should be discreet :)

(on the other hand I'm absolutely in favour of the case having something in Latvian on it! Baltic languages are awesome)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #509 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 08:20:30 »
The poly bottom makes the board to look like it is floating. Nice.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #510 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 08:22:14 »
I'm perfectly fine not having the logo on it... makes the design cleaner. If it does end up going on it should be discreet :)

(on the other hand I'm absolutely in favour of the case having something in Latvian on it! Baltic languages are awesome)
Well, if there is any logo (I'm starting to consider it) then the only thing that'll stay from the founders run are the TMO50 on the left side

Offline Niahi

« Reply #511 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 08:29:54 »
I would love a logo, if it increases cost too much don't worry but if it's a minor increase I would love the option.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #512 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 08:32:13 »

Well, if there is any logo (I'm starting to consider it) then the only thing that'll stay from the founders run are the TMO50 on the left side

You may consider a nice sticker to be applied on the right bottom corner, ala happy-board.

« Last Edit: Fri, 27 July 2018, 08:36:17 by ideus »

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #513 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 08:33:19 »
The poly bottom makes the board to look like it is floating. Nice.

Show Image

I think no matter what I end up choosing I'm gonna have to get a polycarb bottom to go with it, love that floating lewk

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #514 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 08:42:45 »
If you have to put the logo on the keyboard, then please only on the bottom. I like the keyboard, but not the logo. The keyboard itself is a beauty, that should be enough. I like the minimalistic and humble approach.

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #515 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 08:50:11 »
Just want to be clear, the logo I'm talking about if there's is gonna any is this one (TMO50 only, nothing more):

P.S. The four dots in that logo symbolizes the four indicator lights of TMO50.

« Last Edit: Fri, 27 July 2018, 08:51:59 by funderburker »

Offline Niahi

« Reply #516 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 08:50:51 »
I really like it :)

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #517 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 08:50:56 »

You may consider a nice sticker to be applied on the right bottom corner, ala happy-board.

Show Image

By right bottom you mean on the right blocker of the board?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #518 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 08:56:23 »

Show Image

Yeah. A sticker for the right blocker is optional. People may get it and decide if apply it or not. They can even apply it and remove it if they do not like it. I share the feeling that having it carved from the factory may alter the minimalistic nature of the TMO50's design.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #519 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 13:38:36 »

Show Image

Yeah. A sticker for the right blocker is optional. People may get it and decide if apply it or not. They can even apply it and remove it if they do not like it. I share the feeling that having it carved from the factory may alter the minimalistic nature of the TMO50's design.

From my understanding (sorry to start a sentence like that lol) the idea was to keep the logo/placement that's on the FE but only keep the TMO logo that's on the back side of the top part of the board (so FE style minus the FE text).

That would mean that the TMO has a logo on the back, similar to the diamond that is on the back of the Pearl.

Happy to discuss further

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #520 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 13:43:04 »

Show Image

From my understanding (sorry to start a sentence like that lol) the idea was to keep the logo/placement that's on the FE but only keep the TMO logo that's on the back side of the top part of the board (so FE style minus the FE text).

That would mean that the TMO has a logo on the back, similar to the diamond that is on the back of the Pearl.

Happy to discuss further

Logos are a curse or a blessing depending on each observer. The interested parties may split between those that want it, the neutrals and those that do not want one. Thus, make it an option that buyers may opt in or out. That would be the best solution.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #521 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 14:25:28 »

Show Image

Happy to discuss further

Logos are a curse or a blessing depending on each observer. The interested parties may split between those that want it, the neutrals and those that do not want one. Thus, make it an option that buyers may opt in or out. That would be the best solution.

Oooff that's one that makes sense for the buyers but a nightmare for the GB runner.

If the factory machining the parts outsources the anodization to another shop, then you have to trust that the factory also makes sure that the anodization shop colors the right tops, which adds another row of risk calculation in the hyperthetical excel sheet.

From a GB runners point of view you're doubling the request to the factory. You'd now have 2 different model files for the top (1 with logo and 1 without) and you would then have to specify for each of the 5 colors 2 different options.

If the anodization shop doesn't respect the list, then we could end up with something like 7 anodized blue tops with logos and 3 anodized blue tops without logos, but maybe 5 people ordered anodized blue with logo and 5 anodized blue without.

For that reason, I would always prefer to minimize any chances that the factory or anodizers make a mistake, and go for one option for the whole GB: either logo yes or logo no!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #522 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 17:42:09 »

Show Image

Happy to discuss further

Oooff that's one that makes sense for the buyers but a nightmare for the GB runner.

If the factory machining the parts outsources the anodization to another shop, then you have to trust that the factory also makes sure that the anodization shop colors the right tops, which adds another row of risk calculation in the hyperthetical excel sheet.

From a GB runners point of view you're doubling the request to the factory. You'd now have 2 different model files for the top (1 with logo and 1 without) and you would then have to specify for each of the 5 colors 2 different options.

If the anodization shop doesn't respect the list, then we could end up with something like 7 anodized blue tops with logos and 3 anodized blue tops without logos, but maybe 5 people ordered anodized blue with logo and 5 anodized blue without.

For that reason, I would always prefer to minimize any chances that the factory or anodizers make a mistake, and go for one option for the whole GB: either logo yes or logo no!

I know it may be a logistics challenge. That is why I suggested a simple metalic logo. I would not encourage using a machined logo, at all.

Offline Niahi

« Reply #523 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 20:04:51 »

Show Image

Happy to discuss further

Yeah I was concerned this would be the issue, to make OP's life easier and the GB run smoother, I will remove my vote for the logo.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #524 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 01:32:26 »
OK, I see that discussion has been heated and I appreciate it. I'm on the fence if I'd do a logo or not but I'm thinking about different options too. Non the less - it's my decision in the end so there won't be any poll.

Other side of things - here's a full album of all of the founder keyboards! Enjoy and yes - there's a lot of colors!

TMO50 FOUNDERS EDITION

Offline Astrasa

« Reply #525 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 01:36:02 »
OK, I see that discussion has been heated and I appreciate it. I'm on the fence if I'd do a logo or not but I'm thinking about different options too. Non the less - it's my decision in the end so there won't be any poll.

Other side of things - here's a full album of all of the founder keyboards! Enjoy and yes - there's a lot of colors!

TMO50 FOUNDERS EDITION

Were some of the founder boards pink? Or is that just the photos.

Kyuu Proto | Quasi Alice | Duck Viper | Tx87-Se

Offline Niahi

« Reply #526 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 01:38:54 »
Perfect.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #527 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 01:40:43 »

TMO50 FOUNDERS EDITION

Yes.

Offline Astrasa

« Reply #528 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 01:41:55 »

TMO50 FOUNDERS EDITION

Yes.

Oh man no chance of running those this round? Those look so nice

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #529 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 01:51:04 »

TMO50 FOUNDERS EDITION

Yes.

There was an poll where I did offer some of the pink colors but majority voted purple. Maybe a 6th color in possible? :D

Offline Astrasa

« Reply #530 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 01:53:54 »

TMO50 FOUNDERS EDITION

Yes.

There was an poll where I did offer some of the pink colors but majority voted purple. Maybe a 6th color in possible? :D

Fingers crossed for pink! I’m definitely in for this board whenever it goes live :)

Offline olivia

« Reply #531 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 04:58:27 »
I would also second a pink or rose gold color if you're considering adding a 6th color option  ;D

Offline saucybulgogi

« Reply #532 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 05:16:13 »
Ooooo the founders editions look great! Love that teal with the black plate combo.

Offline heycheeeno

« Reply #533 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 05:53:49 »
Been following this for a while.
Very interested in the GB 😊

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #534 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 07:57:38 »

TMO50 FOUNDERS EDITION

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #535 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 09:35:09 »

TMO50 FOUNDERS EDITION

Show Image

I'm still looking at the photos like every hour or so for the past week and sometimes get the feeling that they're renders. Also the plate photos don't have any shadow so it's hard to understand are they floating on air or no. :D

Offline ZROGST

« Reply #536 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 09:46:00 »
I'm sorry have we decided on an approximate price point for the kit yet? Cause I'm starting to think I'll need to get multiples...

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #537 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 09:51:42 »

TMO50 FOUNDERS EDITION

Show Image

I'm still looking at the photos like every hour or so for the past week and sometimes get the feeling that they're renders. Also the plate photos don't have any shadow so it's hard to understand are they floating on air or no. :D

I have the same impression. They look like renders. I am sure you will share your own when you put toghether the prototype. I'd love to whatch and listen to a typing video on it soon.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #538 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 10:21:46 »
What bottom's material would be better? The poly would make a nice sound dampener, but the Alu should be stronger. What do you guys think? Will the PCB have any leds at the bottom that makes the poly a nice light difuser? Regarding the plate Alu is a no brainer, it is cheaper than brass, stronger than Poly and it will not tarnish as brass.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 July 2018, 10:41:06 by ideus »

Offline kakan

« Reply #539 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 11:02:45 »
What bottom's material would be better? The poly would make a nice sound dampener, but the Alu should be stronger. What do you guys think? Will the PCB have any leds at the bottom that makes the poly a nice light difuser? Regarding the plate Alu is a no brainer, it is cheaper than brass, stronger than Poly and it will not tarnish as brass.

The pcb will have RGB leds, how many and in what position will dictate the difusing with the poly bottom. I like a more soft typing experience so I will probably go with poly + alu buttom with alu top and a poly plate.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #540 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 11:08:26 »

The pcb will have RGB leds, how many and in what position will dictate the difusing with the poly bottom. I like a more soft typing experience so I will probably go with poly + alu buttom with alu top and a poly plate.

Yes, I think I've mentioned that there's gonna be RGB leds underneath (12 - 5 between top two and 5 between bottom two rows and 1 each side in between middle rows). There's really not much space underneath the pcb so there's very little space for the sound to resonate. Alu is definitely stronger and adds weight for a more premium feel but poly is for a relaxed and possibly more colourful experience.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #541 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 12:26:56 »

Yes, I think I've mentioned that there's gonna be RGB leds underneath (12 - 5 between top two and 5 between bottom two rows and 1 each side in between middle rows). There's really not much space underneath the pcb so there's very little space for the sound to resonate. Alu is definitely stronger and adds weight for a more premium feel but poly is for a relaxed and possibly more colourful experience.

I am very sorry if you have already wrote it somewhere. I cannot read definitely.  :'(

Thank you for the information. I supose the Poly bottom may give a more deeper sound to the assembly, besides being a nice light diffuser.  ::)

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #542 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 17:20:34 »

TMO50 FOUNDERS EDITION

Show Image

oh my goodness that album is borderline nsfw! Agree that they look like renders (probably the pristine white photobox contributes heavily to that), but so excited to see so many colour combos!

Is the green of the founder series keyboards the same as the green in the anodization samples? The full boards look a little paler in colour.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #543 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 17:25:03 »

TMO50 FOUNDERS EDITION

Show Image

oh my goodness that album is borderline nsfw! Agree that they look like renders (probably the pristine white photobox contributes heavily to that), but so excited to see so many colour combos!

Is the green of the founder series keyboards the same as the green in the anodization samples? The full boards look a little paler in colour.

Nope, the colours are unique and chosen by the boards owners. The only board that uses the GB colours is 08 (silver top, dark gray bottom, sandblasted brass). Everything else is one-off and probably (hopefully) never leaves the founder. :D

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #544 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 17:25:57 »
Sorry for the double post but I'd like to confirm - 6TH COLOUR IS HAPPENING. PINK IT IS.

Offline cucgach

« Reply #545 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 17:52:01 »
Sorry for the double post but I'd like to confirm - 6TH COLOUR IS HAPPENING. PINK IT IS.
This is great news for pink lover people

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Future: none
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly

Offline olivia

« Reply #546 on: Sun, 29 July 2018, 00:03:21 »
 :D :D :D

Offline Muiju

« Reply #547 on: Sun, 29 July 2018, 21:18:14 »
Rose gold please!
its yo girl

LZ CLSm | mech27v2 | DC60 | E7-V1 |  x1.1

lubed filmed Tealios <3

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #548 on: Sun, 29 July 2018, 23:26:40 »

Nope, the colours are unique and chosen by the boards owners. The only board that uses the GB colours is 08 (silver top, dark gray bottom, sandblasted brass). Everything else is one-off and probably (hopefully) never leaves the founder. :D

That's what I figured. Will we be seeing full board anodization samples in the chosen colours by the time the GB starts?

Also I got a little too excited and I remapped the colours in one of the photos of the green board to the colours of the green anodization sample photo, just to see what happened. Sharing it here in case anyone else is curious, although obviously this is my own image processing and not a real board:

Offline lunr

« Reply #549 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 08:09:05 »
That lilac or light purple is amazing.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 July 2018, 08:14:02 by lunr »