Author Topic: [IC] Yves (Numpad w/ Function Row)  (Read 26050 times)

Offline Koojahyung

• 안녕하세요.
Re: [IC] Yves (Numpad w/ Function Row)
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 21:13:09 »
한글각인이 이쁘네요.

Offline Treasure

• Industrial Designer / Inventor / Maker
    • Design & Eng
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 11:07:31 »
Nice layout

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 07:58:58 »
also interested in this

Offline zeroisnothing

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 09:49:07 »
very interested

Offline cattharsis

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 23:24:45 »
Very interested to join the GB

Offline appaboy

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 23:28:00 »
Is this dead?
PC Singa, MIR80, TX84se, g80-3314, g80-0427, g80-5000 + 5700, G80-3700, g81-3000 HBU (og wob)

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 04:24:01 »
Is this dead?
Are you being impatient?

IC period has always been 2 to 3 months (it's been just over 1). Check your entitlement at the door, thanks.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 April 2019, 05:22:53 by zekkin »

Offline comdata55

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 07:54:07 »
interested!

Offline sanryu

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 08:45:02 »
go!! 가즈아!

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 08:49:28 »
Nice pad.
Can't wait.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 12:18:26 »
hello sir ne lalah sun keypad avial?
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline appaboy

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 13:37:35 »
Is this dead?
Are you being impatient?

IC period has always been 2 to 3 months (it's been just over 1). Check your entitlement at the door, thanks.

Sorry I did not mean to be rude or inpatient or entitled, I was just concerned about this project
PC Singa, MIR80, TX84se, g80-3314, g80-0427, g80-5000 + 5700, G80-3700, g81-3000 HBU (og wob)

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 20:25:37 »
Is this dead?
Are you being impatient?

Relax man

You're acting like the amount of time an IC should take is a hard rule somewhere.

People are interested in your ****, getting antagonistic over enquiries to your project is a **** move.
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline Midori

• Formerly loktrevor
  • c:
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 20:51:44 »
Is this dead?
Are you being impatient?

Relax man

You're acting like the amount of time an IC should take is a hard rule somewhere.

People are interested in your ****, getting antagonistic over enquiries to your project is a **** move.
The thing is that zekkin stated in the original post that the IC period would be 2-3 months, and asking if a project is dead well within his own timeframe seems like someone is trying to rush him. In the end I know that zekkin is doing this for himself/for fun so he doesn't have cater to anyone.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

TGR Jane v2 | Vulcan Pro | Matrix 8X v2.0 | Bean | hbcp | froge | hype hen

Offline zekkin

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 04:00:16 »
Is this dead?
Are you being impatient?

Relax man

I'm guessing you didn't read the OP? It actually states that the IC period will be 2-3 months.

• IC Timeline: 2-3 months
  • GB Timeline: Unknown

Addressing your other point -- an inquiry is, "hey, how's the project coming along?" -- not "is this dead?"

When I actually take the time to write out the changes I'm thinking of, receive little to no feedback, and then someone asks 'is this dead?' without really taking some time to take part in the interest check, it bothers me. When it's quite clear that someone just took a look at some pictures and then posts in the thread without actually reading anything, it sorta bothers me.

It does not take just a few minutes or even a couple of hours to produce a design I'm happy with. It takes dozens of hours and between my full time job, other hobbies, and desire to maintain my sanity, I take my sweet time. If this doesn't work for you, that's perfectly okay.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 April 2019, 04:53:25 by zekkin »

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 11:19:09 »
Is this dead?
Are you being impatient?

Relax man

I'm guessing you didn't read the OP? It actually states that the IC period will be 2-3 months.

Addressing your other point -- an inquiry is, "hey, how's the project coming along?" -- not "is this dead?"

When I actually take the time to write out the changes I'm thinking of, receive little to no feedback, and then someone asks 'is this dead?' without really taking some time to take part in the interest check, it bothers me. When it's quite clear that someone just took a look at some pictures and then posts in the thread without actually reading anything, it sorta bothers me.

It does not take just a few minutes or even a couple of hours to produce a design I'm happy with. It takes dozens of hours and between my full time job, other hobbies, and desire to maintain my sanity, I take my sweet time. If this doesn't work for you, that's perfectly okay.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't remember anything from the initial post. It's been a solid couple of weeks since I've read it, that's my mistake.

I understand your frustration and admittedly I would feel the same after a couple of weeks of empty responses. That being said, I feel like it's almost expected to receive generic responses for ICs. Despite how much care you put in, some people just see a nice keyboard and want in. They share your enthusiasm, just for different reasons.
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline appaboy

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 11:44:34 »
Is this dead?
Are you being impatient?

Relax man

I truly am sorry for this. I understand all the work you're putting into this project and I did not mean to discredit you. You are right in that I didn't read enough before posting my dumbass comment. I am very interested in this project and plan to join

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline zekkin

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 06:39:17 »
To alleviate any concerns, I am working on this...

Definitely not final but I'm pretty happy with the changes. 17.6mm front face, top mount, swapped from M2 to M2.5 (for both top/bottom and top mounting). Numpad layout compat will be added, so don't worry about that.

Offline Midori

• Formerly loktrevor
  • c:
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 12:03:56 »
v lit! I hope to snag one of these when you run it!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

TGR Jane v2 | Vulcan Pro | Matrix 8X v2.0 | Bean | hbcp | froge | hype hen

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 15:47:36 »
Supah!

Offline bciamny

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 16:23:41 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Definitely not final but I'm pretty happy with the changes. 17.6mm front face, top mount, swapped from M2 to M2.5 (for both top/bottom and top mounting). Numpad layout compat will be added, so don't worry about that.

so it looks like you've increased the depth of the top piece and reduced the depth of the bottom piece asymmetrically? i'm a fan of the changes.

on another more serious note, is this dead?

edited to add: do you happen to know the slant angles for your first proto and this change?
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 April 2019, 16:40:20 by bciamny »

Offline zekkin

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 16:55:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

so it looks like you've increased the depth of the top piece and reduced the depth of the bottom piece asymmetrically? i'm a fan of the changes.

edited to add: do you happen to know the slant angles for your first proto and this change?

Yep, just deleted my designs. Thanks for playing!

« Last Edit: Sat, 13 April 2019, 17:04:46 by zekkin »

Offline bciamny

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 17:20:14 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

that was meant to be read tongue in cheek but if i offended, sorry.

Offline zekkin

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 17:24:32 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

that was meant to be read tongue in cheek but if i offended, sorry.

of course i didn't delete my designs

the slope is 6 deg

Offline appaboy

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 17:27:36 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Very pretty

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 16:30:38 »
Any chance for this to hit GB any time soon? Would be up for buying few of these. Great stocking fillers too!

Offline Luciqueii

• 【Luciquell & Co.】
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 13:18:25 »
Looking forward to this :D

Offline Tonkatonk

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 00:37:57 »
Any chance for this to hit GB any time soon? Would be up for buying few of these. Great stocking fillers too!

Did you not read a single post by zekkin on this thread?

Noxary PC268.2 | Red Nunu | Purple PC Nunu | Ogre | Vulcan Pro

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 00:45:50 »

>actually reading posts by the OP
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 09:07:06 »

Read the OP, didn't read the rest of the thread - thanks for the tip mate! I remain really keen on this, it's beautiful.

Offline duckboi

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 19:56:20 »

Yeah come on, reading the OP results in lower post count we can't have that can we?
The m0ar empty you feel,  the m0ar space for Keycaps..

Offline vegs

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 04:51:40 »

Yeah come on, reading the OP results in lower post count we can't have that can we?
nice
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline darrenph1

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 22:13:01 »
Been dying for a Black RGB numpad but I'd be all over this in a heartbeat. Looks great and LOVE the black case! Can't wait to follow the updates and hopefully grab one!!  :thumb:

D

Offline forumusername

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 22:34:36 »
Been dying for a Black RGB numpad but I'd be all over this in a heartbeat. Looks great and LOVE the black case! Can't wait to follow the updates and hopefully grab one!!  :thumb:

D
Rgb.

Offline Rumai

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 05 September 2019, 20:01:47 »
hey, how's the project coming along?

Offline NRbigfoot

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 06:27:12 »
Ready for Yves v2!!
HBCP | FLX Virgo | aanzee | Mira SE | Leaf 80 | HHKB pro 1 | qxp | Rukia | IDB60 | equinox | No1Rev1 | Whale | Montage | 268.2 | Anniversary Whale | Jer80 | Evolv

Offline zekkin

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 08:15:05 »
First of all, I'd like to thank whoever didn't forget about this IC, I certainly haven't and that's why it's coming back.

Since it's been almost 6 months since I posted this IC, I figure I should give some kind of update. If you're an active member of various Discord servers there's a chance you've seen my TKL design, Seulgi, bouncing around. I ran a very small quantity of these (not in GB format, I paid for production and only accepted payment once I received the items in-hand) and I think it went very well.

Now that I have a better grasp of what will be required of me with something like this, I'll lay out some good news and some semi-bad news for Yves' future:

GOOD
  • I've completely redesigned Yves to be a bit more in-line with what the modern (mid/late-2019) enthusiast wants, and that does not mean gasket.
  • I've developed the beginnings of a great relationship with a reputable factory with my run of Seulgi. I am changing manufacturers because I believe the prototype I posted originally was a manufacturing fluke. Further testing of that factory led to less than desirable results.
  • This will NOT be a group buy. This will be an in-stock sale.

SEMI-BAD
  • The buy is probably at least 2-3 months out.
  • The buy WILL NOT be held on Geekhack. I have a storefront that will be used for this.
  • The buy will be semi-private*.
  • PayPal WILL NOT be an option for payment.
  • There will be 20-25 units.
  • The price will definitely be higher than what I have listed in the OP.

In some other miscellaneous details, I've decided to ditch the Voyager PCB and commission a PCB from a well-known, reputable designer who will remain nameless for the time being.

I hope I don't disappoint too many of you, but this model gave me great results and makes realizing these designs possible, so I hope you understand.

As I do not plan on running this on Geekhack, I'm gonna go ahead and plug my Discord server here: https://discord.zekk.works -- all updates, info, progress, communication once the buy starts, and miscellaneous discussion is gonna happen there. I'm always available via this server or in general on Discord (zekkin#0001) if you want to chat about any of this.

Thanks again for your support.

---

* The definition of semi-private will vary from person to person so as a clarification, in this context, semi-private means that as long as you're active in the community, not a complete no-name, and not a complete *******, there's a very high chance you'd be eligible to buy this.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 September 2019, 01:48:41 by zekkin »

Offline VelourFog

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 08:32:52 »
Wow - this is basically all I've wanted out of a num pad.  Hope I can luck out when stock arrives.

Best,

Fog

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 23:31:38 »
I'm in.

Offline Eerricc

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 09:00:15 »
This looks amazing, highly interested

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 16:30:44 »
+1000 for not using paypal.  Wish the community would follow suit. 

Hopefully I can snag one of these, the design looks great.

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 19:09:11 »
Hell yeah, updates!
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #92 on: Sun, 22 September 2019, 09:21:31 »
Yves v2 on zekkin's IG looking wonderful, I am really excited for this.

Offline evorus5

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 23:40:59 »
Im in for this. Im dying without a numpad doing CAD :(

Offline carlos.elegado

• no website
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 27 October 2019, 17:59:36 »
I'd buy this in a minute.  I'll keep an eye out for this!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline zekkin

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 08:49:14 »
Hi everyone, I've received my new prototype and am checking in on the overall interest in this before I order them. Please fill this form if you're interested!

https://forms.gle/iVTT3AoLkDyAUBH16

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 19:12:57 »
Hi everyone, I've received my new prototype and am checking in on the overall interest in this before I order them. Please fill this form if you're interested!

https://forms.gle/iVTT3AoLkDyAUBH16

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Filled out! I'd definitely be interested in snagging one of the black ones :) Looks great.
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline thornkin

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 03:38:32 »
What is the status of this?  Is it going to happen?

Laser ALT sporting red Sky Pandas

Offline zekkin

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 05:52:46 »
Currently waiting for CNY to start and finish. PCB test fit comes after, then I’ll have them manu’d.

Offline BouncyChillups

• Formerly PleasantChaos
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 11:00:20 »
This is freaking beautiful. Gonna fill out the IC right now.