Author Topic: Anyone buying an iPhone 6?  (Read 117279 times)

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
Re: Anyone buying an iPhone 6?
« Reply #600 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 23:30:10 »

Hardware and design wise I actually do now hate the iPhone 6. It's the ugliest worst designed and worst built iPhone since the 3G and 3Gs.

I'm constantly dropping it when trying to pick it up due to the texture of the back of the phone and how slippery the edges are, it's a nightmare to pick up it really is. After watching an interview with Jonny Ives where he talks about the design of the iPhone 6 and why they jumped ship from the beautiful iPhone 5 and 4 look, he said it was to make the phone easier to pick up on a flat surface, because they apparently found in testing that a big phone like the iPhone 6 is very difficult to pick up on a flat surface. Now that sounds like a fair enough reason, the rounded edges do give you more purchase on the phone when your picking it up, that said... why did they then make it out of the slippiest metals on the market?! Like, how can they not have tested this and discovered this huge issue during development? Is it suppose to be a feature to help them sell more replacement phones??

On the build quality issues, am I the only person with stubble that when ringing someone gets said stubble caught in the space between the glass front and the metal sides/back? It's kind of insane and can be pretty painful to have facial hair unexpectantally ripped out of your face and then stuck in the side of your phone.
If you've never come across this and have a beard or stubble... just rub the side of your iPhone against your cheek or chin a little... It'll happen.

Jonny needs to go back to the Deter Ramms well and never come back to the iPhone 6's design, it's ugly and horrible to use.
The hair pulling thing is a well known problem. It surfaced quite early after the launch of the phone. So well known in fact that it was dubbed #hairgate along with the #bendgate.

Honestly, bite the bullet and get a case for it. All your problems go away. I still haven't dropped my phone nor has a single hair been pulled from my face. The case is the answer to all your problems.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline Belfong

« Reply #601 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 00:41:59 »
May I suggest Spigen Slim Armour for your case?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #602 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 01:06:19 »

Hardware and design wise I actually do now hate the iPhone 6. It's the ugliest worst designed and worst built iPhone since the 3G and 3Gs.

I'm constantly dropping it when trying to pick it up due to the texture of the back of the phone and how slippery the edges are, it's a nightmare to pick up it really is. After watching an interview with Jonny Ives where he talks about the design of the iPhone 6 and why they jumped ship from the beautiful iPhone 5 and 4 look, he said it was to make the phone easier to pick up on a flat surface, because they apparently found in testing that a big phone like the iPhone 6 is very difficult to pick up on a flat surface. Now that sounds like a fair enough reason, the rounded edges do give you more purchase on the phone when your picking it up, that said... why did they then make it out of the slippiest metals on the market?! Like, how can they not have tested this and discovered this huge issue during development? Is it suppose to be a feature to help them sell more replacement phones??

On the build quality issues, am I the only person with stubble that when ringing someone gets said stubble caught in the space between the glass front and the metal sides/back? It's kind of insane and can be pretty painful to have facial hair unexpectantally ripped out of your face and then stuck in the side of your phone.
If you've never come across this and have a beard or stubble... just rub the side of your iPhone against your cheek or chin a little... It'll happen.

Jonny needs to go back to the Deter Ramms well and never come back to the iPhone 6's design, it's ugly and horrible to use.
The hair pulling thing is a well known problem. It surfaced quite early after the launch of the phone. So well known in fact that it was dubbed #hairgate along with the #bendgate.

Honestly, bite the bullet and get a case for it. All your problems go away. I still haven't dropped my phone nor has a single hair been pulled from my face. The case is the answer to all your problems.

But a case wouldn't change the design of the phone...

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #603 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 01:11:25 »

But a case wouldn't change the design of the phone...
This spigen neo hybrid metal case changes the shape of the phone to be very similar to the iPhone 4/5 design without adding hardly any bulk. It's not exactly the same, but much easier to hold onto. The way I see it is the design isn't going to change. So your options are limited to switching to another company or trying to resolve your problems with a very easy and inexpensive fix.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #604 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 01:22:24 »
I realise that, I'm also aware that the next phone they make will probably look identical, I was just sharing my thoughts on something that most people think Apple do best.

There is a leather case I'll probably pick up at some point and use though

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #605 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 02:48:59 »
Naked phones look the best. Case was a no brainer for me on this particular model. And it looks pretty great!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #606 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 02:56:24 »
Naked phones look the best. Case was a no brainer for me on this particular model. And it looks pretty great!

It's a badly designed phone, but I agree with you using a case for this model is a must, even if its just to try and hide the hideous mess that is the iPhone 6.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #607 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 02:57:41 »

It's a badly designed phone, but I agree with you using a case for this model is a must, even if its just to try and hide the hideous mess that is the iPhone 6.
Personally, I find the phone itself looks great. I actually like the look better than the 5. To each his own I guess.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #608 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 03:04:36 »

Personally, I find the phone itself looks great. I actually like the look better than the 5. To each his own I guess.

Even the fact they couldn't fit the camera in the shell so it won't sit flat?
I think the back of the phone looks better and more balanced than the 5 (I disliked the balance of the glass an aluminum) , but think the best looking phone they have ever made (and best looking phone ever) is the 4, in black.

But yeah each to there own I guess, there are things I like about the design (the curved glass sides feel great but only if you use it naked because with a case they are gone), but I think over-all it's a huge step backwards and a step into generic metal phone land.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #609 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 03:11:12 »

I think the back of the phone looks better and more balanced than the 5 (I disliked the balance of the glass an aluminum) , but think the best looking phone they have ever made (and best looking phone ever) is the 4, in black.

But yeah each to there own I guess, there are things I like about the design (the curved glass sides feel great but only if you use it naked because with a case they are gone), but I think over-all it's a huge step backwards and a step into generic metal phone land.
I'll definitely agree with you on the protruding camera. They could have made it a few mm thicker to flush that up. But then again, if you're like me and probably many others who automatically put a case on their device from day one, those few mm can mean all the difference for a thinner feeling cased phone. Which is why I assume they went that direction. I'd be interested to see the stats on how many people use naked vs case.

I miss the curved feeling of the glass with no case. But even a screen protector alone kills that feeling.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #610 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 03:22:28 »

I'll definitely agree with you on the protruding camera. They could have made it a few mm thicker to flush that up. But then again, if you're like me and probably many others who automatically put a case on their device from day one, those few mm can mean all the difference for a thinner feeling cased phone. Which is why I assume they went that direction. I'd be interested to see the stats on how many people use naked vs case.

I miss the curved feeling of the glass with no case. But even a screen protector alone kills that feeling.

I used it naked for a while and then got a snap on case becasue of the slippery nature of the phone... that case then just got a whole **** load of stuff trapped in it due to the curved sides of the phone and so haven't used a case for the last month or so.

Aside from the camera protruding out the back for no good reason (I can't believe any designer worth anything would design a product to be better when covered up by some random 3rd party selling a cheap mass produced plastic (mostly) case), there is also the terrible decision to line up the lock button with the volume controls.
With the phone already really pretty difficult to handle adding this only makes using it a lot harder and makes locking the phone by accident when watching something pretty easy. I also really don't like that the volume controls are the same size when one has two functions and the other only has the one, there is no way by feel to differentiate the two without pressing the wrong one first, it wasn't as bad on the 5 and 4 because those had imprints on them for + and - making it easier to remember by feel.

The reason I guess I'm so negative about the 6 is that they went from the 3Gs one of, the most ugly 'smart' phones ever made, it's hideous really and made of really ****ty nasty plastics with that god awful chrome boarder around the screen... they went from that to the best looking phone (imo) ever made, the 4... they then went to the 5 which in all back looks so bad-ass, though it's strange backing with the glass and metal was an interesting choice it didn't take too much away from the over-all phone.
But with the 6, the whole look and design takes so much away from using the device and just having it as a piece of design (something Apple has prided themselves on with other devices).
The iPhone is the premium phone, it has more money spent on RnD and design than any other on the market (including those chavy diamond and crocodile skinned android phones) and this is the best they could come up with?

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #611 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 03:27:13 »

I used it naked for a while and then got a snap on case becasue of the slippery nature of the phone... that case then just got a whole **** load of stuff trapped in it due to the curved sides of the phone and so haven't used a case for the last month or so.

Aside from the camera protruding out the back for no good reason (I can't believe any designer worth anything would design a product to be better when covered up by some random 3rd party selling a cheap mass produced plastic (mostly) case), there is also the terrible decision to line up the lock button with the volume controls.
With the phone already really pretty difficult to handle adding this only makes using it a lot harder and makes locking the phone by accident when watching something pretty easy. I also really don't like that the volume controls are the same size when one has two functions and the other only has the one, there is no way by feel to differentiate the two without pressing the wrong one first, it wasn't as bad on the 5 and 4 because those had imprints on them for + and - making it easier to remember by feel.

The reason I guess I'm so negative about the 6 is that they went from the 3Gs one of, the most ugly 'smart' phones ever made, it's hideous really and made of really ****ty nasty plastics with that god awful chrome boarder around the screen... they went from that to the best looking phone (imo) ever made, the 4... they then went to the 5 which in all back looks so bad-ass, though it's strange backing with the glass and metal was an interesting choice it didn't take too much away from the over-all phone.
But with the 6, the whole look and design takes so much away from using the device and just having it as a piece of design (something Apple has prided themselves on with other devices).
The iPhone is the premium phone, it has more money spent on RnD and design than any other on the market (including those chavy diamond and crocodile skinned android phones) and this is the best they could come up with?
Oh snap! I forgot about the countless times I've accidentally locked my phone when watching videos in landscape! Major piss off!

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #612 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 03:36:15 »
I guess I'm just lucky with this model. Every "flaw" in design either benefits me or is a non issue with my setup. I'm also using the 6+ and I'm left handed so that lock button is further away with the bigger phone and becomes a problem only when I turn the phone sideways. I'm getting used to that now too but it still happens on occasion.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #613 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 04:32:24 »
Yeah I can't really speak to the 6+ as I just have the 6... but I've been pretty unhappy with using the hardware this generation of iPhone and feel like they really need to get there **** together.
That said the software and internals are working better than ever and still keep me using an iPhone rather than an Android device... that said the new Windows Phone's and that whole eco system is looking alot more attractive moving into Windows 10... so who knows...

but yeah, I really do think that the newest iPhone is pretty horribly designed and nearly ever revision they made over the 5 is a downgrade.

Offline bamtan

• hi there
« Reply #614 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 06:45:06 »
Want. That large screen with tweaks after Jailbreaking would be  :thumb:

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #615 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 07:11:41 »
Talk about a case destroying the feel of a sleek phone...I just bought the snow lizard extreme case for my 5s. No choice, I have a 3 week trip to the Amazon coming up and need the rugged+battery+waterproof combo. I heard it triples the size of the phone!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #616 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 07:19:11 »
Talk about a case destroying the feel of a sleek phone...I just bought the snow lizard extreme case for my 5s. No choice, I have a 3 week trip to the Amazon coming up and need the rugged+battery+waterproof combo. I heard it triples the size of the phone!

haha tbh there are some really nice hardcore cases that make the iphone feel really ****ing utilitarian and awesome

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #617 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:29:11 »
Still debating upgrading from my 5... Love this phone SO much. Had it since day 1..

PS: Otterbox defender for life.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #618 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 21:46:06 »

Amazon! That's one place I'll never imagine myself ever going. Super cool to hear that you are going bro. Take lots of pictures!!!!

Still debating upgrading from my 5... Love this phone SO much. Had it since day 1..

Do eet!! Go for 6 if 6 Plus is too big - I assume your reluctance is due to size. You'll not turn back!!

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #619 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 21:55:40 »

We're getting closer and closer to the announcement of new iPhones. Why buy now?

If your iPhone 5 is still kicking, I would hold out until the new ones are announced. Then scoop up a used iPhone 6/6+ from Craigslist for a reduced amount. Unless you're one of those "upgrade" people. I don't like getting hooked into a cell phone plan, though. I'm a bit nuts.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #620 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 23:47:18 »
Yeah the size has been holding me back. But anytime I play a game I wish I had a bigger screen. It would be nice.

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #621 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 00:19:18 »
my plan is up in a month, but i'm 90% sure i'll be picking up an iphone 6 early through tmobile's early termination thing.

guide me o wise ones
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #622 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 01:00:20 »
my plan is up in a month, but i'm 90% sure i'll be picking up an iphone 6 early through tmobile's early termination thing.

guide me o wise ones

I went with the regular sized 6 because the 6 plus seemed too big and the home screen would drive me mad.
Having watched people use a 6+ in the wild I still think I made the right choice, because while its great for watching movies it's also a lot harder to handle with one hand. Also that home screen looks so retarded with massive amounts of empty space between the icons on the screen, it would drive me mad lol

Also if like me you don't really like the look of the 6, go for white and gold... it looks hella dumb and great!

Offline clacktalk

• circa 2015
« Reply #623 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 02:46:00 »

guide me o wise ones

I went with the regular sized 6 because the 6 plus seemed too big and the home screen would drive me mad.
Having watched people use a 6+ in the wild I still think I made the right choice, because while its great for watching movies it's also a lot harder to handle with one hand. Also that home screen looks so retarded with massive amounts of empty space between the icons on the screen, it would drive me mad lol

Also if like me you don't really like the look of the 6, go for white and gold... it looks hella dumb and great!

**** i think i'm getting the s6 or s6 edge instead. i can't wait until sept for the iphone 6s, and samsung's new phone is so ridiculously good
diary of a clacktalk

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #624 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 03:00:37 »

guide me o wise ones

**** i think i'm getting the s6 or s6 edge instead. i can't wait until sept for the iphone 6s, and samsung's new phone is so ridiculously good

Fair enough.
I've been an iPhone user since the 4 and the only reason I even started was because the software parity on iOS, and my dad has been an Android guy (mostly becasue he's a cheap skate) and after the first 6 months or so pretty much for all his phones (Samsungs HTC's) the performance has seen a huge drop off, couple that with the random access to updates depending on your carrier just has me a bit cold on switching (despite my dislike of the 6's design and other software problems the iPhone and iOS has).

But yeah each to there own, have to say now iTunes App store has a refund service (that's a bit long in the tooth) it's allowed me to try a lot more apps and wade through the **** that is the App store, which is something I know a few of my Android friends used to use to lord it over me lol

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #625 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 13:05:13 »
Yeah Ive been an iPhone user since the 3. Upgraded to each model since. Except the 5s and 6. Still waiting .

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #626 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 20:03:10 »
Yeah Ive been an iPhone user since the 3. Upgraded to each model since. Except the 5s and 6. Still waiting .
I had the 5 and upgrade to the 6+, and I like it a lot. The screen difference is the main difference. It took a day or two to get used to, but when I hold the 5 now it feels so weird and too small.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #627 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 23:57:31 »

may as well wait for the S now no?

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #628 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 00:03:32 »

I had the 5 and upgrade to the 6+, and I like it a lot. The screen difference is the main difference. It took a day or two to get used to, but when I hold the 5 now it feels so weird and too small.
Holding my 4 after using my 6+ for a while is hilarious!

Offline clacktalk

• circa 2015
« Reply #629 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 03:45:18 »

Holding my 4 after using my 6+ for a while is hilarious!

is it comfortable to use lying down facing up? or when i might feel lazy?

today i mentally committed to the current gen of iphone after being reminded that the os and apps are optimized for the hardware and the worse camera (compared to the galaxy s6) isn't a dealbreaker for me. i will soon join u all through the luxuries of imsg and facetime
diary of a clacktalk

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #630 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 04:06:58 »
today i mentally committed to the current gen of iphone after being reminded that the os and apps are optimized for the hardware and the worse camera (compared to the galaxy s6) isn't a dealbreaker for me.

??

Using my 6 in bed etc without a case isn't great.. the bezel is too thin and too slippery to hold properly and when using it to type on it slips out of my hands pretty frequently

Offline clacktalk

• circa 2015
« Reply #631 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 04:14:09 »
today i mentally committed to the current gen of iphone after being reminded that the os and apps are optimized for the hardware and the worse camera (compared to the galaxy s6) isn't a dealbreaker for me.

??

Using my 6 in bed etc without a case isn't great.. the bezel is too thin and too slippery to hold properly and when using it to type on it slips out of my hands pretty frequently

the 6+? and i was pretty much enticed by the galaxy s6's crazy specs, but a couple people reminded me that specs don't necessarily determine performance. my body is ready for the iphone 6, or the 6+ if i feel it'll better suit my lifestyle.
diary of a clacktalk

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #632 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 04:20:41 »
The Samsung consistency and experience has always felt like crap to me.
I never feel like their hardware translates into a better experience.
Their stuff always feels a bit bleeding edge and I never really get that smooth consistency for a Samsung mobile device.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #633 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 04:23:39 »

??

the 6+? and i was pretty much enticed by the galaxy s6's crazy specs, but a couple people reminded me that specs don't necessarily determine performance. my body is ready for the iphone 6, or the 6+ if i feel it'll better suit my lifestyle.

idk about the 6+ but yeah your right, and its something alot of people over-look... that said performance isn't perfect on iOS either...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #634 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 13:30:07 »
Was running out of room in my 128gb iPhone, just deleted a few of the Apple apps like 'Pages' and iMovie etc, just got back 11gb what the **** lol

Offline Altis

« Reply #635 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 22:37:10 »
idk about the 6+ but yeah your right, and its something alot of people over-look... that said performance isn't perfect on iOS either...

iOS has gotten really sluggish on all devices when it comes to navigating the OS. All those input delays during/after every animation make it much slower to get around than it has to be.

I forget just how much so until I use my girlfriend's iPhone 5 on iOS 6. Holy smokes that thing flies.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #636 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 22:50:52 »

iOS has gotten really sluggish on all devices when it comes to navigating the OS. All those input delays during/after every animation make it much slower to get around than it has to be.

I forget just how much so until I use my girlfriend's iPhone 5 on iOS 6. Holy smokes that thing flies.
Yeah. And even though you could turn them off in Accessibility, its actually slower without the animation (at least on the iPhone 6 Plus) .

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #637 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 03:43:55 »

Idk, for me sometimes it's fast as ****, other times I get massive lag when just trying to bring up the task manager thing.
But I have to say, being able to have all my iTunes music on my phone makes it so much better as a portable device. I'm not sure I'm ever going to be able to go back to one with less than 100+GB of memory

Offline Axollott

« Reply #638 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 05:42:51 »
Do you even CyanogenMod?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #639 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 09:02:34 »
Was running out of room in my 128gb iPhone, just deleted a few of the Apple apps like 'Pages' and iMovie etc, just got back 11gb what the **** lol

haha damn! I always though I was cutting it close on my 64gb models. Id never think to get the 128 especially since I use Google Play now, so all music is streamed and takes 0 space up. Have way too much room on my 64 now.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #640 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 09:29:38 »

haha damn! I always though I was cutting it close on my 64gb models. Id never think to get the 128 especially since I use Google Play now, so all music is streamed and takes 0 space up. Have way too much room on my 64 now.

hmm, you made me wonder.. if we signed up for iTunes Match, which pushed your iTunes library into the cloud and music is streamed, do I need to store them locally in the phone?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #641 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 10:13:59 »

hmm, you made me wonder.. if we signed up for iTunes Match, which pushed your iTunes library into the cloud and music is streamed, do I need to store them locally in the phone?

Never tried iTunes Match, but with google play I only download for offline, my favorite CDs incase there is no internet.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #642 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 10:19:59 »
I wish network coverage was good for a music streaming service, but even then most of my music wouldn't be available...

But yeah, it's ****ing cool having 80+GB of music available at all times, along with everything else on my phone

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #643 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 11:30:57 »
I wish network coverage was good for a music streaming service, but even then most of my music wouldn't be available...

But yeah, it's ****ing cool having 80+GB of music available at all times, along with everything else on my phone

Yeah AT&T is very good here, though switching to Sprint soon for a way cheaper bill + Unlimited Data for my wife. I have unlimited on AT&T but not her, I was grandfathered into mine. I have a few friends who say Sprint works good for them.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #644 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 10:44:35 »
After saying I would never get one. "There is no way I'd get one, they are WAY to big!" My wife and I both got iPhone 6 Plus's! These phones rock! It actually fits perfect in my pants pocket with an Otterbox Defender case, I thought for sure it wouldn't. Love this phone, its perfect! The bigger battery was the main selling point though. Sprint, finally we both have unlimited Data and for half the price of AT&T. Awesome! My friend at work kept showing me his Note, it is what inspired me to go with the 6 Plus!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #645 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 11:03:09 »
Welcome to the club, Dustin... Although I must say your case is an overkill! Do you need to tank up your phone?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #646 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 11:17:39 »
Welcome to the club, Dustin... Although I must say your case is an overkill! Do you need to tank up your phone?

Thanks man!! Of course! Theres no way Id trust anything less then an Otterbox Defender on an Apple $900 phone. Had one on my 5 and loved it. Feels perfect to hold and especially playing games for long sessions. Also have Applecare Plus.  :thumb:

Offline Belfong

« Reply #647 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 11:40:16 »
I'm pretty paranoid myself and is using a Spigen Tough Armor. Even then I thought I've overthink it. But your Otterbox have to take the crown. Ha ha!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #648 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 12:21:21 »
I'm pretty paranoid myself and is using a Spigen Tough Armor. Even then I thought I've overthink it. But your Otterbox have to take the crown. Ha ha!

Oh yeah I saw that one online, I love how otterbox protects the front as well.  :thumb: Also the videos of the kid throwing his iPhones from 2.5 stories and theyre perfectly fine. Sold me! haha He has a video for the 5 and 6.  :p

Offline Belfong

« Reply #649 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 21:03:22 »
Anyone turn on the Predictive Text in their iOS keyboard? How useful is it?