Author Topic: AEBOARDS CONSTELLATION 65%  (Read 280200 times)

Offline Drakenocas

Re: [IC] CONSTELLATION 65%
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 07 September 2020, 22:27:33 »
How do I get this? Im new to the Mech keyboard scene, this would be my first board :)

Who's going to tell him?

This is not a good sign...

Ok nevermind, just read through the post a bit. Hope to nab one at retail, thank you

Lolz I've had the store tab open for 2 weeks check various times a day.  When they go, they'll in like 5 minutes, so be prepared.  Welcome to the community.

Offline Pach

« Reply #351 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 14:18:25 »
How do I get this? Im new to the Mech keyboard scene, this would be my first board :)

Who's going to tell him?

Ok nevermind, just read through the post a bit. Hope to nab one at retail, thank you

Lolz I've had the store tab open for 2 weeks check various times a day.  When they go, they'll in like 5 minutes, so be prepared.  Welcome to the community.

Chill, it's not like they won't announce a date in advance and just have it in stock randomly. haha

Offline Drakenocas

« Reply #352 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 14:20:23 »

Yeah, but I don't want to miss the announcement.  It sometimes dates are given just a week in advance. It happens.  They will go in 5 minutes though.
Who's going to tell him?

Chill, it's not like they won't announce a date in advance and just have it in stock randomly. haha

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #353 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 18:57:33 »
Nice

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #354 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 23:59:03 »
Ladies and Gentlemen, we got'em.

FINALLY! I really NEED a blue one in my life. Typically not into blockers on 65s, so this styling is perfect for me. I'm assuming we can order additional accent pieces to mix and match them when the time comes?

Yes extras will be in stock as well, with a fast follow based on demand.

Who's going to tell him?

We'll let you know ahead of time when we receive it. We will have to QC it!
Have prices been determined? On the board itself and extra such as the 4.5mm plates, ect.

Prices have not yet been publicly released, no. You can check the website for those details, and they'll surely be posted here when ready.

Not yet, it's dependent on factory shipment costs (everything went up due to covid) + import taxes. So once we receive, I will be able to price accordingly.

Noob question for you guys.

In the video, the gasket mounted method shows the gap between the top aluminum piece and the bottom aluminum piece when he compresses it to show the compression.  ( @ 5:34)

Does that mean if mounted in gasket form, the keyboard will always have that gap when the build is completed?

It is not that rigid/stiff for it's intended build - which is poron strips on the bottom. You can DIY (and I encourage you to) with how you want to have your setup, using different materials and even trying top/bottom strips for 'full' isolation, just have to be within our tolerances. Oring feels a bit 'bouncier'.

I hope this isn't a dumb question but on the website it says it will be an in-stock board, does that mean it will be available year-round? Or available in batches year-round?

They will have a limited number of units available for purchase right away, unlike a typical GB where you place an order and wait months for the board.

People will have to wait - from announcement to being purchased, except you've not put money on the line :)

Who's going to tell him?

We'll do another run straight after if there's demand for it. We all like the model design and it's fairly unique and pretty dope, and I wanna make sure everyone can try to get one. We'll work out how that is possible once we've finish the first run and have gotten feedback.

Nice

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Yes.

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #355 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 00:58:59 »
We'll do another run straight after if there's demand for it. We all like the model design and it's fairly unique and pretty dope, and I wanna make sure everyone can try to get one. We'll work out how that is possible once we've finish the first run and have gotten feedback.

Based on the feedback in this thread and how beautiful yet accessible the design is, I'm sure (and hope) there's adequate demand :)

Very much hope that it is within my price range so I can pick one of these up!

Offline dRpkebs

« Reply #356 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 15:31:24 »
Considering this thread has been read over 108,000+ times. I'd say there's more than adequate demand lol.

Will you be doing anything to try and combat bots?

Offline baoduy23

« Reply #357 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 01:18:06 »
Any update on when this will be release

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #358 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 22:08:53 »
Considering this thread has been read over 108,000+ times. I'd say there's more than adequate demand lol.

Yes. we have manual payments on shopify so it's all reviewed. It will be limited one per person. We'll have multiple waves for releases too. And we'll have R2 fast follow straight after we have these sold.

Offline dibstern

« Reply #359 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 03:49:40 »
Please dear god make enough of these. I want this so damn bad.

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #360 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 13:40:17 »

Yes. we have manual payments on shopify so it's all reviewed. It will be limited one per person. We'll have multiple waves for releases too. And we'll have R2 fast follow straight after we have these sold.

Love this. I wish this strategy was more viable for other vendors/designers/kit runners so everyone could get what they want.

Definitely lets me plan around getting in on this with some amount of certainty.

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #361 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 19:45:17 »

Love this. I wish this strategy was more viable for other vendors/designers/kit runners so everyone could get what they want.

Definitely lets me plan around getting in on this with some amount of certainty.

We are testing a few things. Jubi went up on the keyboard treehouse as a surprise flash sale, with some keyword stuff in there.
I think other vendors/designers/kit runners can do something but it requires effort and time, Cannonkeys did a pretty good one with stickers, lol. Some vendors might even like the quick sellout as it gives the board a "value", especially in the aftermarket. We personally aren't interested in seeing the aftermarket value, but the lack of aftermarket selling, as it shows people want to use/keep it. Previously there weren't many aegis/ext65 for sale, which makes us feel good inside about the stuff we're making.

Please dear god make enough of these. I want this so damn bad.

We are trying with what manpower and capital we  have. It's not a GB, so it's kind of all my money and friends and family on the line. Moving forward I'll figure out ways to make this more streamlined, i'm always up for testing new methods.

Yeah it's been crzy - honestly didn't expect it. We released info on the board after the gsk00t since I thought the oring might be something people would enjoy. Since then, COVID and other delays, it's been unfortunate that they're not out yet. Usually I don't like to announce  too early otherwise it feels like a group buy. Taekeyboards did an amazing video, honestly one of the best ones, I love his process and production values, and this might have made the board a bit more visible to the market.

Based on the feedback in this thread and how beautiful yet accessible the design is, I'm sure (and hope) there's adequate demand :)

Very much hope that it is within my price range so I can pick one of these up!

We're hoping it will be. Looking at the extra surcharges these days, prices will be adjusted. I still think it's good value in any case, since you can do a bit of testing, and the knowledge of buying into an ecosystem that will continually get stronger.
We had this ecosystem idea after EXT65, I wanted more people to enjoy that layout but didn't want to run another one because we had constellations on our mind. We redid the pcb, added some features like Underglow and OLED, and then made an opensource case. This allowed far more accessibility (althought with a bit more hacking involved) for the board. I think it turned out well. Since then we've expanded the ext65 ecosystem with additional plate materials (POM for example), Cork ext65 dampeners etc.

If you're still reading this, then here's a small update.
It seems like they're finally being shipped to us in Australia. We'll pray to the custom overlords that it doesn't get more delayed. Once it reaches here, a good round of QC (and potential KBBQ with the AEboards team), and sending out the FNF units accordingly. After that, we'll annouce how we're gonna make selling boards fair again (MSBFA)

Have a good friday and weekend!

Offline KurageOuji

« Reply #362 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 21:34:25 »
really love this board, if a hotswap version comes out i'll definitely join. since this lets you try so many mounting methods in one go, i really want to have a hotswap pcb to go with it so i can do even more testing with less work.

Offline smoochara

« Reply #363 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 10:40:18 »
really love this board, if a hotswap version comes out i'll definitely join. since this lets you try so many mounting methods in one go, i really want to have a hotswap pcb to go with it so i can do even more testing with less work.

This makes sense, IMO would be awesome to have an addon option for hotswap, even if the design team prefers solder PCB, offering this will probably make it the end game kb all around and get more ppl talking about it.

Offline dRpkebs

« Reply #364 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 10:54:17 »

This makes sense, IMO would be awesome to have an addon option for hotswap, even if the design team prefers solder PCB, offering this will probably make it the end game kb all around and get more ppl talking about it.

There's already more than enough people talking about this board. The demand and hype for it is real.

I really wish that wasn't the case because I NEED this one in my collection!
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 September 2020, 11:38:56 by dRpkebs »

Offline Cloods

« Reply #365 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 02:24:01 »
That plate is PHAT

Offline djroberts

« Reply #366 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 14:41:22 »
Interested. Looks great, appreciate the options.

Offline idealape

« Reply #367 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 05:06:47 »
very much interested... looks great

Offline japonxl

« Reply #368 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 01:13:42 »
looks great

Offline ligongduck

« Reply #369 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 15:37:40 »
I'm hyped for this board

Offline ookey

« Reply #370 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 16:58:18 »
ahhhh this is too nice :eek:

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #371 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 20:00:32 »
We're waiting on DHL to release our boards from customs.

I've also released files for our gasket sizing and feet, available here https://www.aeboards.com/resources
If you're designing something, we want to help you with our feet / gaskets.

Our storefront, Keyboard treehouse, also has a Aegis Navy Jubi vickrey going.

We've received PCBs for testing with our collaboration with Biso, the Kikuichimonji. Once constellation is done, we'll do another run of constellation as well as start on our production of the kikuichimonji.

This year is coming to an end, and since we ran this IC, a lot has happened in 2020. What a crazy year. We're hoping that we can finish off on a good note and look forward to our pipeline in 2021.

Offline astudler

« Reply #372 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 04:57:34 »
I understood you had issues with Navy Blue Quality, is this still valid or am I wrong?

Offline mjohlnir09

« Reply #373 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 11:21:18 »
how can i get it? under keyboard treehouse linked to this thread :((

Offline eczactly

« Reply #374 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 12:17:54 »
I understood you had issues with Navy Blue Quality, is this still valid or am I wrong?

I believe you're wrong. I think the delay is because of the Grey color.

Offline cannon-cat

« Reply #375 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 12:34:23 »
iirc, I think it's because they're waiting for shipment for FnF.

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #376 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 20:21:28 »

No issues yet. Not sure where you heard this.

We have multiple shipments due to the amount ordered, most of the Dark Grays will be sent in the second batch. We will still have DG in the first shipment.

You can buy it when we list it on the shop

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #377 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 23:58:51 »
Keyboards have been received. Working through QC, packing and sending the FNF orders first.

We'll be finalising pricing soon, so stay tuned.

Offline SherlockBunny

« Reply #378 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 08:10:05 »
Would love to see a hotswap PCB option for this, that would tick all the boxes for me. Would this be a possibility? Amazing keyboard nonetheless!

Seconded. With hot-swap PCB I would buy this in a heartbeat. Love the design and the community aspect of this keyboard. I hope you do a round 2 sometime in the future (I'm guessing I won't be fast enough, considering the interest).

Offline smoochara

« Reply #379 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 12:09:52 »
Would love to see a hotswap PCB option for this, that would tick all the boxes for me. Would this be a possibility? Amazing keyboard nonetheless!

Seconded. With hot-swap PCB I would buy this in a heartbeat. Love the design and the community aspect of this keyboard. I hope you do a round 2 sometime in the future (I'm guessing I won't be fast enough, considering the interest).

There’s a mill max option that would probably be more secure/durable, I am planning on going that route if I manage to get one of these.

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #380 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 20:40:34 »

We're exploring hotswaps and we are looking at doing our first hotswap board with the EXT65 pcb revision.
The problem with hotswap is that we would have to enforce choices like stepped or split backspace - luckily not the bottom row since this is fixed. The other challenge is making sure the pcb is locked securely into place, since our design isn't a tray mount - but this might be a minor issue and not a real world problem as it seems.

Since constellation will get another release and updates to the eco system, it will likely happen in the future. Otherwise you can get holtites (my preffered) or some millmaxs and chuck em in.

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #381 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 20:54:52 »

We're exploring hotswaps and we are looking at doing our first hotswap board with the EXT65 pcb revision.
The problem with hotswap is that we would have to enforce choices like stepped or split backspace - luckily not the bottom row since this is fixed. The other challenge is making sure the pcb is locked securely into place, since our design isn't a tray mount - but this might be a minor issue and not a real world problem as it seems.

Since constellation will get another release and updates to the eco system, it will likely happen in the future. Otherwise you can get holtites (my preffered) or some millmaxs and chuck em in.

any revision toward those gasket strips (or the gasket sandwich method) in the next round Eric?

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #382 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 22:20:39 »
any revision toward those gasket strips (or the gasket sandwich method) in the next round Eric?

not sure what you mean here.
We have our standarised gaskets (https://www.aeboards.com/resources) available, we've tried a few different materials but in the works trying a new material. Shape won't change but probably will offer a few more materials.

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #383 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 01:13:49 »

We have our standarised gaskets (https://www.aeboards.com/resources) available, we've tried a few different materials but in the works trying a new material. Shape won't change but probably will offer a few more materials.

i saw tae's vid and he said that half isolation was recommended and it was too tight for the full isolation. so i think there are some kind of faults about strip thickness or design 😅
correct me if i'm wrong, and this is still a must buy board for me tho

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #384 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 06:09:57 »

i saw tae's vid and he said that half isolation was recommended and it was too tight for the full isolation. so i think there are some kind of faults about strip thickness or design 😅
correct me if i'm wrong, and this is still a must buy board for me tho

It's designed for gaskets on the bottom only. You can try it on top as well, it's up to you - you can explore and do what you want.

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #385 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 08:47:43 »
wew so that's how it is. ty so much
last questions. is it possible to combine the oring and top isolation on this board? ne caution avail? 😅😅

Offline thestateofmay

« Reply #386 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 14:25:26 »
Will there be an option to add on an extra PCB?

Offline mjohlnir09

« Reply #387 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 10:06:21 »

No issues yet. Not sure where you heard this.

We have multiple shipments due to the amount ordered, most of the Dark Grays will be sent in the second batch. We will still have DG in the first shipment.

thx

You can buy it when we list it on the shop

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #388 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 22:38:10 »
last questions. is it possible to combine the oring and top isolation on this board? ne caution avail? 😅😅

Yes, YMMV though. It's not designed for that purpose but why not?!

Right now, we have a handful of extras, we're gonna do another run of pcbs soon as well as new plates materials

----

We're waiting for some invoices from old mate customs and DHL, once we have that we can work out the finalised pricing.
We've QC'ed the boards we have on hand and waiting for second shipment soon.
Once FNF units are out, we'll have 50 for sale as in-stock, over several waves and timezones, including extra addons like accents, plates etc.
We mostly have BLACK and NAVY avail, with DARK GARYS coming in the second shipment.

You'll be seeing a bunch of photos and videos soon I suspect as our friends and family start receiving them.
Thanks for bearing with us!

Offline thestateofmay

« Reply #389 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 00:40:40 »

Right now, we have a handful of extras, we're gonna do another run of pcbs soon as well as new plates materials

----

We're waiting for some invoices from old mate customs and DHL, once we have that we can work out the finalised pricing.
Once FNF units are out, we'll have 50 for sale as in-stock, over several waves and timezones, including extra addons like accents, plates etc.
We mostly have BLACK and NAVY avail, with DARK GARYS coming in the second shipment.

You'll be seeing a bunch of photos and videos soon I suspect as our friends and family start receiving them.

50 in stock!???! T_T??? I'm going to poop my pants if I don't get this board I've waited literally 5 month smh. I'm working with an old HHKB right now I think it's so old it might explode any chance you can make an exception for a future covid patient?

Offline keyboardkrill

« Reply #390 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 00:52:26 »

----

50 in stock!???! T_T??? I'm going to poop my pants if I don't get this board I've waited literally 5 month smh. I'm working with an old HHKB right now I think it's so old it might explode any chance you can make an exception for a future covid patient?

5 months? the IC is 10 months old. just calm down, try to get the board like the rest of us, and maybe start carrying around some flushable wipes ;)

Offline thestateofmay

« Reply #391 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 01:25:37 »

----

5 months? the IC is 10 months old. just calm down, try to get the board like the rest of us, and maybe start carrying around some flushable wipes ;)

Absolutely not I will poop!

Offline x9Memoriez

« Reply #392 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 01:26:53 »
Nice keyboard
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 October 2020, 03:39:34 by x9Memoriez »
Matrix 1.2OG | Constellation | Rukia | TMO50 | HHKB

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #393 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 03:32:41 »

----

We have another 100 coming in another shipment. What we accepted was around 360kg and we didn't have space to take on more.
We're running straight outta some guys bedroom, we don't have a warehouse etc etc. It's a hobby level design, so everything we do is in the best intent for all of you, but also what makes sense for us. We didn't really do a GB and have it in stock, which I think is a better model but also has it's pros and cons.
Once we sell the 200 units we'll be putting another order through, and hopefully turn around time won't be 8 months this time!

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #394 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 03:34:40 »

----

Flushable wipes are bad for the environment. Don't use these! haha.
We'll have a limit of one per customer, so at least there's 200 people getting boards. This hobby exploaded since we ran the IC, and we haven't got the capability to support these numbers yet.

Offline cabeggar

« Reply #395 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 11:39:28 »
Nice keyboard

Is this Naevy blue or black? Asking as I thought the black one has red strip around it.

Offline aadk5

• AKA: feeebleminded
« Reply #396 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 12:48:01 »
Nice keyboard

Is this Naevy blue or black? Asking as I thought the black one has red strip around it.

They've already said the accent pieces are interchangeable so you can combine different colors

Offline shxWN

• Everything I do is visionary
« Reply #397 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 13:14:42 »
Man I can't wait. I've seen this since the beginning and I can't wait to get my hands on it.
Kepler FC65 || Frog TKL || Whale75 || Sirius 60 ||

Offline x9Memoriez

« Reply #398 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 17:03:26 »
Nice keyboard

All constellation stock kits come with brass accents, regardless of colour. The one i have is a black unit :)
Matrix 1.2OG | Constellation | Rukia | TMO50 | HHKB

Offline cabeggar

« Reply #399 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 14:00:45 »
Nice keyboard

All constellation stock kits come with brass accents, regardless of colour. The one i have is a black unit :)

Thanks! Does that mean red accent won't come in as stock and will be offered later as extra? I think I saw the black kit with red accent in TaeKeyboard's video and that looks sick.