Author Topic: [IC] KCH (Keyreative) Hipparcos  (Read 2912 times)

Offline keepoto

[IC] KCH (Keyreative) Hipparcos
« on: Sat, 13 April 2024, 05:06:38 »

IC Form | Discord

Good morning everyone, KKB Outer Bounds was not able to sate my curiosity for the cosmos (after reading Wikipedia extensively), and so I’m back with another space themed set: KCH Hipparcos.

The set is inspired by the Hertzsprung-Russell diagram which describes the composition of stars in galaxies. I hope that this set is as colourful and vibrant as the night sky.

Short Q&A

Q: What is a Hertzsprung-Russell diagram?

A: In summary, the Hertzsprung-Russell diagram (or H-R diagram) is a scatter plot which maps the luminosities of a body of stars against their effective temperatures (which determines their colour). Through H-R diagrams, astronomers are able to discover evolution patterns and anomalies in stellar populations. For the curious.

Q: What is Hipparcos?

A: HIPPARCOS is the first satellite dedicated to precision astrometry, i.e. the measurement of properties of celestial bodies. HIPPARCOS is also named after the ancient Greek astronomer Hipparchus, who has achieved significant breakthroughs in astronomy. I believe this name is apt for a set inspired by stars and the measurement of stars. For the curious.

Q: What is KCH?

A: KCH is Keyreative’s cherry profile offering - currently only available in dyesub, but doubleshot is expected to enter production later in the year. Keyreative’s quality is no doubt excellent, especially in colour reproduction and level of details; we understand there are concerns as to long fulfillment times, which is why the set will be available in stock.

Info

Profile:

Cherry Profile PBT Dyesub

In-Stock Sale Date, Pricing, Vendors:

TBD, Keyreative will be the global vendor.

Kitting

Hertzsprung-Russell (Base Kit)

The current base kit includes both marked and blank 6.25u and 7u spacebars as well as 40% support. These give greater compatibility but of course raises the price as well - please let me know in the IC form what you prefer.

Catalogue (Novelties)

You are welcome to suggest what additional stars to include in the novelties kit - if you are interested, please fill out the relevant question in the IC form.

Spectrum (Accents)

Kitting and board renders are for demonstrative purposes only and may not fully reflect the actual colours of the keycaps.

Board Renders

Renders by Muri-fat.

Vento 80 by Owlab

Pangea by Bowl

T9 by ok-c

Glory80 by CSO

Physical Samples

coming soon.

If you are interested in collaborating or becoming a vendor, please contact me on discord (keepo87) - happy to chat further.

You are also encouraged to join the Keyreative discord channel for more updates about the set and Keyreative in general.

As usual a secret signature block

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=122798.0][img width=320 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/jufFxAS.jpg[/img][/url]
[/font]
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 April 2024, 10:33:40 by keepoto »

Offline xLeHoy

Re: [IC] KCH (Keyreative) Hipparcos
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 13 April 2024, 05:13:47 »
I do like this, nice work

GLWIC

Offline keebhoarder.

• WLOP Enjoyer.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 13 April 2024, 06:16:16 »
Based legends. GLWIC.

Offline takuto

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 13 April 2024, 20:53:40 »
Holy crap, those Spectrum accents look so good! Digging this set; excellent design work. GLWIC

Offline bombay.duck

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 13 April 2024, 21:03:46 »
Love this. Looking forward to seeing samples. Keyreative is gaining my trust again with the communication and customer service on their discord and direct-to-consumer sale of new keycaps (esp kat operator).

Offline jacobho

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 14 April 2024, 01:59:18 »
Nice keyboard, but the caps looks so boring..

Offline keepoto

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 15 April 2024, 04:16:53 »
Nice keyboard, but the caps looks so boring..

ty for your compliments!