Author Topic: [IC] MILKYWAY Studio,JIEGOU  (Read 14017 times)

Offline MILKYWAY KEYS

• PBT keycap manufacturer
    • MilkywayKeys
[IC] MILKYWAY Studio,JIEGOU
« on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 23:36:58 »
Hello everyone, I am a member of the Team of MILKYWAY Studio. We are from Jiangsu, China. Our studio's design style is subversive to tradition.   

The design inspiration of this key cap comes from deconstruction designs. Deconstruction is not just an artistic language. In daily life, there are many seemingly unsolvable things, and using deconstruction thinking to create a new way may achieve unexpected effects.      

Our world is full of possibilities, sometimes may unsatisfying, but that's what makes it fascinating. We would like to use this theme to encourage everyone to hold their heads high, face the epidemic bravely and overcome the problems caused by coVID-19 in this year of setbacks. Whatever the future holds, MILKYWAY Studio is with you all!

The following is the first draft of the key cap rendering, please review, I hope you private letter to tell me the deficiencies in the design, I will see a timely reply, thank you!

254771-0

254773-1

254775-2

254777-3

254779-4

254781-5

254783-6

254785-7

[ Specified attachment is not available ]

« Last Edit: Wed, 28 October 2020, 23:55:01 by MILKYWAY KEYS »

Offline LZRD

Re: [IC] MILKYWAY Studio,JIEGOU
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 00:05:35 »
What profile is it? Who's manufacturing it?

GL with IC!

Offline MILKYWAY KEYS

• MilkywayKeys
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 00:11:20 »
It is the height of CHERRY. If it is made, it will be made by a Factory in China!

Offline digid3ar

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 00:36:37 »
colorways are cool, and renders look great, but please show us the kits, the legends are masive. some of the mod legends are hard to understand.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 October 2020, 03:27:54 by digid3ar »

Offline Zanhana

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 02:11:06 »
I am a big fan of this, although I would prefer a different icon on the enter key than the company logo. The arrow keys in particular are fabulous.

What material will these keycaps be made from? (Hopefully smooth PBT!) Very interested in this pending information on kitting, materials, and pricing. Although I would prefer a different profile than Cherry—KAT or MDA would be my preference.

Offline santela

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 02:43:17 »
What does JIE GOU mean? 结构? The set looks good, not for me personally because there's just a lot going on, but they are objectively well designed.

Offline MILKYWAY KEYS

• MilkywayKeys
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 03:55:35 »
What does JIE GOU mean? 结构? The set looks good, not for me personally because there's just a lot going on, but they are objectively well designed.
Yes, this is the first draft of the design. There are still some problems to be improved. I hope you can give me some Suggestions,thanks

Offline MILKYWAY KEYS

• MilkywayKeys
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 03:59:20 »
I am a big fan of this, although I would prefer a different icon on the enter key than the company logo. The arrow keys in particular are fabulous.

What material will these keycaps be made from? (Hopefully smooth PBT!) Very interested in this pending information on kitting, materials, and pricing. Although I would prefer a different profile than Cherry—KAT or MDA would be my preference.
Material is PBT  ;)

Offline MILKYWAY KEYS

• MilkywayKeys
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 04:03:04 »
colorways are cool, and renders look great, but please show us the kits, the legends are masive. some of the mod legends are hard to understand.
For me personally, JIEGOU is a form of geometric representation

Offline sartori24

• hello
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 05:14:26 »
i actually really like this! pretty unique and cool
yikes

Offline UberPlatypus

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 13:02:11 »
This is a very very cool keycap set, this for sure is something I would consider.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 19:34:20 »
I like both colorways, are you offer additional specific keys to cover 40% - 60% MKBs? Mainly, asking b/c I’m a 40% to 50% MKBer. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rebral

• .::.::.::.::.
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 22:03:14 »
I really like the font, a very unique look and fitting to the name! Also, bonus points for using PBT. :thumb:

Got my eye on this set. :D

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 22:12:10 »
You want an  honest response?

This looks quite cheap. If you used normal font that would improve it a lot. Right now, looks like some of those cheap $20 sets you can purchase from Taobao.

How are the legends going to be made? Dyesub means you need to reverse dyesub , which can introduce some problems

What kitting do you have?

And honestly Light colored mods with Dark alphas.. . not good.

Sorry, I can see this appealing to some people. But not to me.  :( Tree Leaf is not interested

treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline CheangJeven

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 09:04:48 »
Allow me to introduce what "JIEGOU" is. There is a funny Chinese joke.
We call "Deconstructivism" as "JIEGOUZHUYI(解构主义)" in Chinese, where "JIEGOU(解构)" is "Deconstruction", and "ZHUYI" is "-ism".
So "JIEGOU" means, "Deconstruction". In addition, they named this keycap set "JIEGOUZHUYI", so you can see "JIEGOU" here.
BUT!
 In Chinese, "Structuralism" is read as "JIEGOUZHUYI(结构主义)", too(Only a little bit of differences between those two words such as pronunciation and the shape of Kanji).
So "Structure" is "JIEGOU", too.

By the way, geometric representation is a part of geometric algebra. It completely has NO relationships with "JIEGOU" and this keycap set.

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 10:51:31 »
I'm confused what this thread is about.

Is this an IC for a single keycap set or is it for a new keycap profile / manufacturer?

Offline devilDesignsKB

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 14:20:55 »
this looks crazy.. unique but crazy and the font is a bit too childish for my taste. i think if you used a cleaner font it may be better for many

Offline kimchijody

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 15:25:40 »
Ok look. I don't know who this "studio" is or if this is actually just one person or a group of people. But when posting an IC, there should be a set standard of information that you should showcase in your page.
You're missing:
Profile (apparently it's cherry but someone had to ask before they said anything)
Double shot abs vs dyesub/rev dyesub  (given the font style I have to assume it's dyesub)
A SINGLE good side profile pic of the keycaps. Fun fact, GMK has the original cherry molds. Every other keycap manu making cherry profile has their caps slightly taller than true cherry profile.
Chinese manu so Epbt? Infinikey? Someone new? I would like to know what product I'm buying and from who.
You're trying to sell keycaps on pure renders alone. Where are the pictures of the KITTING? Literally the most important thing that tells the buyer what is included in their purchase. You could be including 108 key base and that's it for all we know.

Were it not for the short description at the beginning of the IC, I would have easily thought you were selling a keyboard instead of a set, as there are 0 pictures of the set by itself (kitting, set on various different boards, etc).

I couldn't care less about the design or the colorway. If people like it, they will buy it. But all these points mentioned previously are VERY BASIC points that should be clarified in an IC post. If you do not have such information available at this time, there is no harm in waiting until you do and then posting the IC. As is, this is just a concept album. Nothing more. Please return with more updated information so you can properly gauge interest in the set.
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 October 2020, 15:33:08 by kimchijody »

Offline BouncyChillups

• Formerly PleasantChaos
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 01 November 2020, 09:18:21 »
Instead of some pseudo-philosophical blabbering at the beginning, provide ANY info.

No, thanks

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 01 November 2020, 09:18:34 »
I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is deconstructed in this? ICs in general maybe?

Offline whezil

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 05:28:43 »
These would go perfectly with the Kara boards in colorway Soya/Azur!
Also I now regret choosing Moon...