Author Topic: Hello GH  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
Hello GH
« on: Tue, 25 September 2012, 15:08:57 »
Hey Guys,

I'm Acetrak. I accidentally broke my stock membrane keyboard while trying to clean it earlier in May. While in the middle of researching (originally I was looking for parts and guides to fix it McGyver style) I stumbled upon different keyboard communities and found myself reading a lot about mechanical keyboards.

After some more reading I decided to purchase my first first mechanical keyboard. I am currently currently using a full size Filco Majestouch-2 Ninja edition with Cherry MX Browns (no mods....yet). Recently just ordered a TKL Ducky with MX Blues and I'm very excited!

Ever since I started using my Filco at my home setup, working in the office with the membrane keyboard feel so shallow! I'm looking forward to learning more about the wonderful world of mechanical keyboards and be more involved here instead of just lurk  ;D

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Re: Hello GH
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 25 September 2012, 15:41:29 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 25 September 2012, 17:08:36 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Two keyboards and counting ... soon you will want some custom key caps too ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 23:01:10 »
Yeah, I bought a Choc Mini to bring into computer labs in Uni. And I'm bringing in my MJ2 to work soon.

Welcome to GeekHack.
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 00:17:13 »
Ive got 2 phantoms for home and am building 2 dox's for school/work

Offline neeb

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 00:27:02 »

Ever since I started using my Filco at my home setup, working in the office with the membrane keyboard feel so shallow!

I can definitely relate to this. Same thing happened to me; I fell in love with the filco ;D

Offline Dabboo

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 00:48:48 »
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy your stay,

I'm new here too and a lot of community members are great so you ought to like it.

Dave.
I'm typing from a CM Quickfire with MX Blues.I'm also on a constant search for cool keycaps.
PM me if you've got any you'd like to send to Australia, I'm happy to buy!

Offline Will@Drop

• MD Co-Founder
    • Massdrop
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 00:57:53 »
Welcome to GH sorry about your wallet.

Offline neeb

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 00:58:29 »
Btw, welcome man! I just came out of the lurking shadows too xD